Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates (7902 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians / Samuel Eto’o’s Salary Broken Down. Incredible Figures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Kennyblues(m): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
Samuel Eto'o loves money. He loves it so much that he almost blew his move to Inter Milan last year by demanding a 15 percent cut of the transfer fee and threatening legal action against Barcelona.

The Cameroon striker's unashamed passion for the green paper makes this tidbit of news even more surprising: He has parted with around $1.3m, buying each of his colleagues a personalized $42,000 watch. The Daily Mail reports:

Samuel Eto'o has spent £900,000 on designer watches for his Cameroon colleagues.

The Inter Milan star had vowed to buy £29,000 time-pieces for players and staff after they qualified.

The timepiece purchase may have been inspired out of spite for the comments of Cameroonian soccer legend Roger Milla, who recently said Eto'o did "nothing" for his country. (Milla probably wasn't referring to the fact that Eto'o never bought extravagant jewelry for his fellow countrymen, but that's the way it was interpreted.)

Unfortunately, the players' new bling may have proved a little distracting – shortly after handing them out, Cameroon lost a warm-up match 4-3 to Serbia.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Samuel-Eto-o-spends-1-3m-on-designer-watches-fo?urn=sow,246394

Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by babaowo: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2010
nice gift,but why cant he spend it on
orphan?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2010
People in that country are hungry and he is buying 1.3M$ worth of watches for team mates?
I am sure some of the team mates would rather take the money
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Outstrip(f): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2010
stupidest thing I ever heard
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by ololo12: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2010
What if his trying to motivate his teammate for better performance in the mundial? I don't think its a stupid thing to do, I see it as only trying to motivate his teammates that's all
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2010
ololo12:

What if his trying to motivate his teammate for better performance in the mundial? I don't think its a silly thing to do, I see it as only trying to motivate his teammates that's all

And the only way to motivate them was by buying them such gift, then, he should be arrested for bribery and corruption . . . tongue
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Outstrip(f): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2010
Abeg what sort of motivation. Priorities. Priorities. Priorities. If he had given them the cash to improve their lives that would have made more sense. A watch? For what? So that five years down the road when some of them might not have money for other things they can look at their $29,000 personalized watch to remind them that it is time to eat but there is no money to buy food. I tire ,
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by johndavid1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2010
if he likes let him use all of his money and buy the gift that is his own cup of tea
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by MeGaStReEt: 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

People in that country are hungry and he is buying 1.3M$ worth of watches for team mates?
I am sure some of the team mates would rather take the money

Is he the president of Carmelroon??
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mamagee3(f): 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

Is he the president of Carmelroon??
You mean Cameroun?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by whybanme(f): 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2010
mama-gee:

You mean Cameroun?

baby u too wicked tongue
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mansmith(m): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2010
are u sure the guy is not sick in the head?let them come and wear the watch in aba south east nigeria make we see if the watch or their hand will go back?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Ibomade1: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2010
Samuel Eto'o where is my own watch?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by chamotex(m): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2010
man smith:

are u sure the guy is not sick in the head? let them come and wear the watch in aba south east nigeria make we see if the watch or their hand will go back?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by courage89(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2010
At least he's spending his money on wrist watches to motivate his teamates. What about those who have more than him, but cannot spare a penny just to improve the livelihood of their fellow citizen? In respective of how the man decide to spend his money, he's doing it to elevate what he believes in and i think that idea should be welcome and supported.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by slap1(m): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
Good; they need to be time-conscious 'cos they'll be leaving South Africa early.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2010
Outstrip:

Abeg what sort of motivation. Priorities. Priorities. Priorities. If he had given them the cash to improve their lives that would have made more sense. A watch? For what? So that five years down the road when some of them might not have money for other things they can look at their $29,000 personalized watch to remind them that it is time to eat but there is no money to buy food. I tire ,

Are they complaining?? Why are you taking Andrew Liver Salt for another person's tummy-ache??
Anybody that thinks a $29,000 personalised wristwatch doesn't motivate should wear one while asking a woman to visit his hotel room.

BTW . . . if any of those players don't like the watch, could they please send it to my address, I don't mind wearing a $29,000 watch that says Assou-Ekotto on it. grin grin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Outstrip(f): 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2010
eldee:

Are they complaining?? Why are you taking Andrew Liver Salt for another person's tummy-ache??
Anybody that thinks a $29,000 personalised wristwatch doesn't motivate should wear one while asking a woman to visit his hotel room.

BTW . . . if any of those players don't like the watch, could they please send it to my address, I don't mind wearing a $29,000 watch that says Assou-Ekotto on it. grin grin

Yeah I am sure after banging whatever they drag into the hotel room they would have accomplished something important
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Tcrack(m): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2010
babaowo:

nice gift,but why cant he spend it on
orphan?
and orphans will come and play the world cup for cameroun abi? stop being daft abeg.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
Outstrip:

Yeah I am sure after banging whatever they drag into the hotel room they would have accomplished something important

Obviously . . . at least someone is being motivated, the woman.
That's what $29,000 wristwatches do . . . now be reasonable and apply it to motivating players.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Outstrip(f): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2010
eldee:

Obviously . . . at least someone is being motivated, the woman.
That's what $29,000 wristwatches do . . . now be reasonable and apply it to motivating players.
Sorry I am more of a practical person
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2010
Outstrip:

Sorry I am more of a practical person

And your own definition of practicality doesn't include fulfilling promises made as to rewards for qualification??
You don't know how much sense you're making with your last post. cheesy cheesy
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Kgdavid(m): 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2010
it is very annoying to me when i read comments like orphans are starving or what a waste or some other stupid ish, how many of the people making these comments even give five naira to the beggar down their road? who has appointed you as judge over eto's financially inclination? who told you that he does not give to orphans anyway? is he supposed to give away all his salary? is he not allowd to reserve some for his own extravagance?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by GeeCee(m): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2010
Why are we so fond of criticism & condemnation on dis NL?
Is it in our business 2 decide whether he has done d right thing or not? Whichever of d players dat does not want it can give/throw it away.
Dat there are poor pple in Cameroon shuldn't stop him from doing wat he likes with his money; there will always b poor pple in Cameroon/world no matter wat he does.

Kudos to you Etoo.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Bialegend(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2010
For those who do not know and will come here to open their mouths to do nothing else other than to bash, Samuel Eto'o runs a diamond wrist watch brand/fashion company. The watches he gave out as gifts to his team mates are actually a sort of publicity/advertisment in disguise, and he stands to gain more that he gave out through that worthy awareness creation. They are only his brands of luxury wrist watches which he is only advertising through that way. Check this out: http://www.luxgallery.com/luxury/the-time-of-eto%E2%80%99o/375/
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Outstrip(f): 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2010
Bialegend:

For those who do not know and will come here to open their mouths to do nothing else other than to bash, Samuel Eto'o runs a diamond wrist watch brand/fashion company. The watches he gave out as gifts to his team mates are actually a sort of publicity/advertisment in disguise, and he stands to gain more that he gave out through that worthy awareness creation. They are only his brands of luxury wrist watches which he is only advertising through that way. Check this out: http://www.luxgallery.com/luxury/the-time-of-eto%E2%80%99o/375/

Makes perfect sense. LOL. Everything else is pretty much nonsense. This makes sense. Why not?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Bialegend(m): 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2010
Outstrip:

Makes perfect sense. LOL. Everything else is pretty much nonsense. This makes sense. Why not?
Exactly. And here is the link to his luxury watch collections. http://www.etooworld.com/
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by MeGaStReEt: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
mama-gee:

You mean Cameroun?

NO! I mean Commonruin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2010
Bialegend:

If it were just for the awareness, why didn't he give them to his Inter Milan players instead??
Doesn't he have a higher chance of publicising his watches when Sneidjer or Mourinho is seen wearing his watch than Ndiefi or whatever their names are??

He's not gaining more by spending that much on his national team, he's motivating them, infact, if they didn't qualify, they would not have received the wristwatches.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Outstrip(f): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2010
Bialegend:

Exactly. And here is the link to his luxury watch collections. http://www.etooworld.com/
Very Nice. Hope he can sell them at that price though. Looks like it is worth it. Excellent quality from the pictures
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by CarlosVent(m): 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2010
dis is nice for cameroon
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by MAYOWAAK: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
Bialegend:

Hoping that Nairalanders whose comments are often characterised by Sweeping statements,over-generalizations and hasty conclusions will learn not to pass damning verdicts over issues they have little or no knowledge about.

Thumbs up Bialegend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar / Super Falcons Beat Ivory Coast 1-0, Qualify For Women’s AFCON / Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.