Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,517 members, 7,801,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (40584 Views)

Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? / How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Oga your own very wife could maltreatment you at old age........even your own children, your employee, your nurse....
Go and look at the number of men abandoned by their wives in old age, that's why many succumb to death from the slightest of illness. So having wife and children is no guarantee.
Thoughts of their children neglecting them took some people to their early grave, this is a man that gave everything to raise his child, only for the child to care about himself and his wife at his mid age. I sometimes wonder why some women can be this wicked, she ain't there when the parent where suffering just to see the child through.

Seen an old man like that got sick and refuse to treat himself just to go to an early grave... They later found out that all the drug the Doctor prescribed for him to use was kept under the bed, he didn't use any.

Its best OP choose what he likes rather than what he feels society wants from him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Jeferious: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2018
Takeproft:
I don't like marriage and i hate to have kids but my reasons are not like yours. I have issues with your reasons of not wanting to marry and have kids. Sounds like fear of responsibility. When I was younger, I used to say I'll never marry nor have kids unless I've made lots of investment and businesses having my houses and cars not just liquid cash. I mean I'll marry only when I'm wealthy and rich. But with time, the idea of marriage and having babies start becoming less appealing even when I know I'm on the right part to becoming rich. I just feel like this world is an unfair place. Very harsh and ruthless to so many people. Why would I bring someone into this lion-kill-lamb kind of world? It breaks my heart to see people suffer and I happen to be someone that has access to some information people don't have. Seeing things happening in this world makes me scared to bring someone to this word no matter how much money I have to secure his future

And it breaks my heart most that majority of people marry for selfish reasons. Most of them things that don't even make sense like who to answer their name and keep their lineage going as if the dead knows if their name is still being answered or not.
I dey tells you. They would warn you about loneliness, they will tell you that your family name will die out if you don't marry. How do you expect a dead man to know that his name is still surviving from the grave?

Lemme just state my observation: Some people are very needy, and they expect everyone to be like them. They would wonder if you're an alien if you tell them that you don't really value companionship. Some other people...they marry because others are marrying. Ask them how marriage benefits them and their purpose in life and see them staring you like goats. The only people I understand their view are the ladies...they are by default needy and sex-maniac, and marriage affords them the opportunity to satisfy these desires. It's better you tell a woman that you killed someone than you tell her you won't marry in your lifetime. It's as if you are teasing her with her only purpose and fulfillment in life.

N.B: The last sentence does not apply to all ladies though.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 05, 2018
divinelove:

If u lose your wife u marry another, stop looking for excuses. U can't afford not to have a wife at old age bc loneliness will kill u
Some people are lonely when they are with someone and they feel more alive when they are alone. Wanting to be alone is different from being lonely, You can be alone and not lonely. I can tell you really that I felt lonely when I was in a relationship but felt not lonely when I was alone, marriage is not for everyone, what some people crave for is just a good companion they can always talk to every once in a while.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Iphran6: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Very abnormal, your village people just won over you,what a pity
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2018
mhd5757:

I don't get lonely, I am a social introvert meaning that I prefer keeping to myself but I still go out to socialize with friends.
And if I die alone and nobody finds me, I don't care no matter how my body decays because I would be dead and I would not feel a thing.

HAHAHAHA.. YOU RIGHT.
IF THE NEIGHBORS LIKE LET THEM NOT DO THE NEEDFUL. NA THEM GO HEAR AM cheesy

BTW IF YOU DON'T WANNA GET MARRIED DON'T LISTEN TO THESE GUYS. IT'S YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR LIFE AND YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT WITH IT.
IN THIS MODERN AGE MARRIAGE IS BENEFICIAL TO ONLY ONE SIDE AND WE ALL KNOW THIS, SO DON'T LET ANYTHING BOTHER YOU MAN, GET THOSE DOGS.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Jeferious: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2018
I stand with the op. Marriage is not for everybody. But even if this mentality changes and I finally get married....I would still want to lead a separate life from my wife's. I'd keep focus on my purpose and dreams, while she will keep sight on hers. If you want to understand what I mean, take a look at how Epifanio's family was portrayed in "Queen of the South". That is the way I want my family to be- a confederation.

What people don't understand is that there are those who are moving trains: they don't stop for others, even their mates.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by gudugudumeje: 9:04am On Jul 05, 2018
U need 2pray ursef 2be delivered 4r satanism.Am not sounding religious; just lk wat grips Nig. Dont risk dying miserably if ur not marrying wl not be 2give humanitarian services. Lower ur taste of women,family n expenses. Cut down on ur own taste/lifestyle to family size of only 2children which wat u expend on 5dogs wl be fit 2cover...U r not 4r a zoo.Then y live wt dogs n not beautifu children. Help oda people's children 2shoot up ur psychology 2love n raise children n raise ur moda's joy n cut not short ur race. Pray ursef 2break ds curse of a feeling.U can love again... Ad workplaces can be springboards to make u love again... Pray
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Chikebranny123(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

HAHAHAHA.. YOU RIGHT.
IF THE NEIGHBORS LIKE LET THEM NOT DO THE NEEDFUL. NA THEM GO HEAR AM cheesy

BTW IF YOU DON'T WANNA GET MARRIED DON'T LISTEN TO THESE GUYS. IT'S YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR LIFE AND YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT WITH IT.
IN THIS MODERN AGE MARRIAGE IS BENEFICIAL TO ONLY ONE SIDE AND WE ALL KNOW THIS, SO DON'T LET ANYTHING BOTHER YOU MAN, GET THOSE DOGS.

Do you know the dogs will feast on you once ur dead and they're hungry

You sabi

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by greatman247(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2018
Acidosis:

Yes, that's because over there, your neighbors can always take you to a home for the aged by the time you're down and inactive. Mind you, there is a 911 to call and a standby paramedics to check you in your home if anything goes wrong, e.g. a broken leg or arm.

Who are you gonna call to get you drugs when you're down and unable to walk or drive? Your semen or the baby mama that's probably gyrating on another man's bed? There is something about living with someone for 20, 25 years. Unless you're a terrible person yourself, she'll always watch your back and have your interest at heart.

So to you all marriages involve love? So who told you your so called wife can't ignore you in times of trouble? Even if you've married for several years that is not guaranty for love OK. Anyone can stay unmarried if they so want. People should be allowed to live however they want and no pressure must come from any quarters, it's their lives. But if anyone feels he or she wants to stay unmarried I will advice you need to be wealthy. And that way, you can employ maids, if you feel like having sex, get random girls and pay then off, protect yourself but if you must have kids, get baby mama probably enter into agreement with them and pay them off too and that way, you will have peace of mind. Mind you all of this can fail you so also marriage. Marriage is worst. Deciding to stay single and be happy and being married both have advantages and disadvantages but staying singles advantages still out weight the advantages of being married. Most married people are unhappy and may want to quit but they are probably looking at what people may say. Lol.

An elaborated marriage ceremony is no guarantee for break ups, divorce, heartbreaks, cheating. But when you are unmarried, even when your random girls that you paid off cheat, you won't suffer any heartbreaks cos its mutual thing, you've placed her on pay as you come Bleep basis. But this is not the case in marriage, women are mostly terrible as they deceive. A married woman can get pregnant for someone else and claim you're the biological father mainly because you're richer than the real father. Do you know you can cherish, nurse, and train up the child for like 25 years and you will not know? Nobody can try this shit with you when you decides to stay unmarried.

Some persons married because their partners are wealthy to get away from poverty and when divorce occurs they will share in your properties. That is bullshit, reaping from where you didn't sow. stuff like this don't happens when you're unmarried. Some women can pretend for years while courting and change to tigers soon as they get married, men do too and then show you the real person they are and you'll be wondering is this the same person I dated for long before i married him/her? In a pay as you go set up, when you notice the girl has drama, you can discharge her cos you've paid her off. She have no right to turn your friends and family against you, she has no right to play boss in your home. Once she bleeps up, she's gone. Some married women wait until they are married to start claiming feminist, they wait to claim boss and decide which of your family member they dislike and they will want you to choose certain friends and discard others including loyal once from your childhood.

Most married women are unsecured, they go into the phones of they lovers anyhow, if marriage is good why are people cheating, why is the husband always beating the wife he vowed on the alter of God to love and protect in good health and bad states? Why is there divorce? Why would a married man or woman put password in his or her phone? This is because, they have hidden agenda in most cases. When you are unmarried you live a life of freedom, you can decide to password your phones or not. And no Radom girl can get jealous, if you notice she wants to start loving you or get jealous, discard her and get another girl. But to break up a marriage is never an easy process.

Mind you, in USA, there's a lot of freedom. No one is all up in your business whatever you choose to do. Opera Winfrey decided not to marry, even though she was engaged but later decided to just have spiritual union with her partner and not marriage and she decided not to have kids and no one disturbs her. She's billionaire in US Dollars. Her reason was peace of kind and she knows she can't raise kids, she said she does not have attributes of mothers, hence she decided why giving birth to offsprings you know you can't raise? She has money, she was not talking about money to train the child. Right now she's donating to charity organizations and she has foundation too, but If its they will all be shouting she is into ritual. But over here, they will see you as an outcast if you dare speak your mind on those kind of issues. Nigeria is still a zoo though.

Remmy Ma and husband, Papoose have been together for 10 years and decides not to have kids until now. She is pregnant now. If it was here na wahala ooo.

In USA, you can decide not to have more than one kid and no one will disturb you. Bill Clinton has only child and still becomes USA President, here the story is different.

People should have freedom to do whatever they like, until then our society is a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by LASUITES(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2018
milemimi93:

It is very normal not to marry or have kids. A lot of men are in this boat. I am in the same boat too.

Marriage is an institution programed to favor women.
Kids too are just a bunch of unecessary responsibilities.

I see people have more than two kids and am like wtf is this?

80% of the kids won't even know u when the grow up to become something in life.

That's when their ediotic wivies and girlfriends will tell them their dad is a wizard flee from him..

I came to the world to make a name and not to make kids
THIS IS DEEP....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Dyt(f): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2018
Aplaudez:
I'm always seeing your moniker commenting on stuff like this!!

True talk dyt!
I've always been thinking like him too years back, but bit anymore, each time I see any pre wedding pics I get obsessed!
tieing the knot anytime soon !

Hehehe
I like aproko reason I comment on marriage threads
tongue tongue tongue

You are right
Marriage is a beautiful something when both are willing to make it work

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by lazeal: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2018
marvelli:
Marriage is not for everyone but in your case, I think its more lack of money that's holding you back. Just look at your list of monetary complaints.
spot on! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by poweredcom(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2018
just gove one gal belle...n of she has a nice attitude den give her anoda one den later marry her na d format be dat cos if u go marry olosho codedly put for house u go face hell

cos many naija gals now r not trusted

https://mobile.facebook.com/naijaolosho/

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by mmsen: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2018
TEYA:

You are young now and strong. You are surrounded by friends. You have the strength to carry out every task you like. But one day, you will be old and feeble and alone. You will watch your married friends play with their grand kids and travel from time to time to visit their children and grand children while you will be stuck to your dogs. You will wish to change things but it will be too late. It is no too late to make the right choice now. There is a love that dogs cannot offer.

What love are you talking about?

The OP seems like a reasonable, compassionate soul - the complete opposite from the average careless, irrational Nigerian who thinks that having multiple poorly clothed, poorly fed and poorly educated children is somehow a sign of wealth.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Ugosample(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2018
divinelove:
I see a man DT will die of loneliness in old age, u might die and decay in your bed n nobody will know.

You can't afford not to have a wife at old age bc loneliness will kill u. Even those men whose wife is dead or divorced remarry sharply to avert this time bomb DT lies ahead angry

what makes you think he will be lonely in old age?

Won't he have companions? won't he be busy doing other stuff? travelling the world?

Well sha na African man mentality dey do una

@op Marriage iS overrated

if you change your mind later, good.

but don't think you are missing anything because you are not married

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Ugosample(m): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2018
dasparrow:

I think you are on the right path my friend. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. However, if you live in Nigeria, good luck to you. Nigerians have been mentally conditioned to believe that you can only feel happy and fulfilled with a family of your own even though that is not necessarily true judging by all the miserable married Nigerians I saw back then in Nigeria.

And the Nigerian society is setup in such a way to stigmatize single adults of marriageable age. So, if you choose to live a single life with doggies, Nigeria is not the ideal society or country to live in.

In advanced countries many people live happily with their dogs despite not being married and without kids but in Nigeria....hmmmmm. I don't know. The citizens in the country called Nigeria will frustrate your life.

Start seriously thinking of relocating to an advanced country now if you really don't desire marriage or kids. My 2 cents.

This is good advice @OP
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Ugosample(m): 10:28am On Jul 05, 2018
ustyne:
Your fears is indirectly fuelled by social media. There are more good marriages than bad ones. Just that Good news doesn't draw traffic, bad news does.

2. You won't understand the need to be married or have kids, until you are 60.

that's a lie

Most marriages are useless

Good marriages exists, but it's not the norm
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rubyventures: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2018
Rejoice5000:
my own kids will look after me @old age.

That is the prayer of most third world country parents, no one can see into the future and children are entitled to live their own lives. Don't jinx fate there are no guarantees in life.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Jamean(f): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Imagine if your dad never met and married your mum, you wont exist, everyone has a destined partner yeah!!! if you go ahead with this, she may be wondering why she is not married!! i pray you meet her soon so that you'll become lovestruck tongue

She will get married to someone else and be happy. There's no one perfect partner for anyone. In essence, there's no such thing as what you stated. Events of life is what leads you in the direction of who you end up with.

But then, people are entitled to their beliefs.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by anigold(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2018
marvelli:
Marriage is not for everyone but in your case, I think its more lack of money that's holding you back. Just look at your list of monetary complaints.
chai sister savage grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by anigold(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2018
Living with 5 dogs.. be careful before efcc or sars arrest you.. that type of life style u want will be accepted in a country like USA or Sweden but not in Nigeria
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by kihi23(f): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2018
mhd5757:
Hey nairalanders, what do you think? Is this normal? Marriage doesn't appeal to me at all same as having kids, I prefer having dogs even now i have 2 of them and as soon as I get a job and make enough money I plan on getting 3 more making them 5 in number. I know most people, the first thing they want to do as soon as they get a job is to get married and have kids but not me, I'm also not interested in having a girlfriend, though I used to have one back then when I was in the university but we were forced to leave each other being that she had to go back to her country and I had to come back to Nigeria.
After that I got another girl here in Nigeria, but I had to leave her because she was too expensive and she was draining me financially. After that, I just lost interest in relationships and I decided to be single, I decided that even if I feel the need to lay with a woman I can just go to an ashawo hotel or get a steady woman who I can be calling any time I need company. I think this is the lifestyle that suits me especially in this harsh economy, its easier for me. If I get married and have kids imagine all the money I'm going to have to be spending, excess groceries, all kinds of bills, school fees and the list goes on.
At least having a steady woman to call like maybe once a week can't be as expensive as getting married and supporting a wife.
Also having dogs can't be as expensive as raising kids, with dogs all I need to do is to buy their feed, their grooming products and pay for their medical bills and probably training fees too but with kids and a wife imagine all the bills, the lists keep compiling and they never end.
What is your take on this? What do you think?
when u die, u will leave the money and the dog with NO ONE to bury u and continue ur legacy. Think wisely.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by nick50(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2018
Ur village people at work
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by enomakos(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
divinelove:
I see a man DT will die of loneliness in old age, u might die and decay in your bed n nobody will know.

You can't afford not to have a wife at old age bc loneliness will kill u. Even those men whose wife is dead or divorced remarry sharply to avert this time bomb DT lies ahead angry
you are damm right

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by eterisan(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
thegentleman:
Life is all about choices man. Like me I ain't gonna get married, not for OP reason but I found out am happy alone. I'm not religious as I'm Agnostic and most relationship in Nigeria are hold based on Religious ethics, how pathetic. Better to live alone which makes me happy than to be miserably married and lonely. I have been in a relationship and I always feel lonely in it but never felt lonely alone when I ain't in it.

Life is all about fulfillment than setting an achievement based on societal standards .
thegentleman:
most relationship in Nigeria are hold based on Religious ethics, how pathetic .
smh at the bolded. Thought was only me.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
1. Employment status - Currently unemployed
2. Living Status - Most likely with parents still covering his rent
3. Age - Most likely in the early to mid twenties
4. Love life - Currently non existent
5. Daily Social Interactions - 2 dogs...yeah---dogs!

OP, if I were you I wouldn't want to be in a hurry to get married either! tongue

Next!

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
mhd5757:
Hey nairalanders, what do you think? Is this normal? Marriage doesn't appeal to me at all same as having kids, I prefer having dogs even now i have 2 of them and as soon as I get a job and make enough money I plan on getting 3 more making them 5 in number. I know most people, the first thing they want to do as soon as they get a job is to get married and have kids but not me, I'm also not interested in having a girlfriend, though I used to have one back then when I was in the university but we were forced to leave each other being that she had to go back to her country and I had to come back to Nigeria.
After that I got another girl here in Nigeria, but I had to leave her because she was too expensive and she was draining me financially. After that, I just lost interest in relationships and I decided to be single, I decided that even if I feel the need to lay with a woman I can just go to an ashawo hotel or get a steady woman who I can be calling any time I need company. I think this is the lifestyle that suits me especially in this harsh economy, its easier for me. If I get married and have kids imagine all the money I'm going to have to be spending, excess groceries, all kinds of bills, school fees and the list goes on.
At least having a steady woman to call like maybe once a week can't be as expensive as getting married and supporting a wife.
Also having dogs can't be as expensive as raising kids, with dogs all I need to do is to buy their feed, their grooming products and pay for their medical bills and probably training fees too but with kids and a wife imagine all the bills, the lists keep compiling and they never end. your major problem is selfishness.
What is your take on this? What do you think?
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rubbiish(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
ladygudhead:
Op you need CHANGE.just try and have one kid; born or adopted (if you can afford) and see how your world will be transformed.
The bold is quite laughable...Haven't u seen parents killed by their children sir?
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by TEYA: 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
tintingz:
You talk as if every parents benefit this, have you seen where religious children accuse thier parents of witchcraft and careless about thier parents?
And what fraction of them do?
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by TEYA: 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2018
mmsen:

What love are you talking about?

The OP seems like a reasonable, compassionate soul - a complete opposite from the average careless, irrational Nigerian who thinks that having multiple poorly clothed, poorly fed and poorly educated children is somehow a sign of wealth.

No one said he should give birth to "multiple poorly clothed" kids. He should also caster for them!
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Acidosis(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
greatman247:

So to you all marriages involve love? So who told you your so called wife can't ignore you in times of trouble? Even if you've married for several years that is not guaranty for love OK. Anyone can stay unmarried if they so want. People should be allowed to live however they want and no pressure must come from any quarters, it's their lives. But if anyone feels he or she wants to stay unmarried I will advice you need to be wealthy. And that way, you can employ maids, if you feel like having sex, get random girls and pay then off, protect yourself but if you must have kids, get baby mama probably enter into agreement with them and pay them off too and that way, you will have peace of mind. Mind you all of this can fail you so also marriage. Marriage is worst. Deciding to stay single and be happy and being married both have advantages and disadvantages but staying singles advantages still out weight the advantages of being married. Most married people are unhappy and may want to quit but they are probably looking at what people may say. Lol.

An elaborated marriage ceremony is no guarantee for break ups, divorce, heartbreaks, cheating. But when you are unmarried, even when your random girls that you paid off cheat, you won't suffer any heartbreaks cos its mutual thing, you've placed her on pay as you come Bleep basis. But this is not the case in marriage, women are mostly terrible as they deceive. A married woman can get pregnant for someone else and claim you're the biological father mainly because you're richer than the real father. Do you know you can cherish, nurse, and train up the child for like 25 years and you will not know? Nobody can try this shit with you when you decides to stay unmarried.

Some persons married because their partners are wealthy to get away from poverty and when divorce occurs they will share in your properties. That is bullshit, reaping from where you didn't sow. stuff like this don't happens when you're unmarried. Some women can pretend for years while courting and change to tigers soon as they get married, men do too and then show you the real person they are and you'll be wondering is this the same person I dated for long before i married him/her? In a pay as you go set up, when you notice the girl has drama, you can discharge her cos you've paid her off. She have no right to turn your friends and family against you, she has no right to play boss in your home. Once she bleeps up, she's gone. Some married women wait until they are married to start claiming feminist, they wait to claim boss and decide which of your family member they dislike and they will want you to choose certain friends and discard others including loyal once from your childhood.

Most married women are unsecured, they go into the phones of they lovers anyhow, if marriage is good why are people cheating, why is the husband always beating the wife he vowed on the alter of God to love and protect in good health and bad states? Why is there divorce? Why would a married man or woman put password in his or her phone? This is because, they have hidden agenda in most cases. When you are unmarried you live a life of freedom, you can decide to password your phones or not. And no Radom girl can get jealous, if you notice she wants to start loving you or get jealous, discard her and get another girl. But to break up a marriage is never an easy process.

Mind you, in USA, there's a lot of freedom. No one is all up in your business whatever you choose to do. Opera Winfrey decided not to marry, even though she was engaged but later decided to just have spiritual union with her partner and not marriage and she decided not to have kids and no one disturbs her. She's billionaire in US Dollars. Her reason was peace of kind and she knows she can't raise kids, she said she does not have attributes of mothers, hence she decided why giving birth to offsprings you know you can't raise? She has money, she was not talking about money to train the child. Right now she's donating to charity organizations and she has foundation too, but If its they will all be shouting she is into ritual. But over here, they will see you as an outcast if you dare speak your mind on those kind of issues. Nigeria is still a zoo though.

Remmy Ma and husband, Papoose have been together for 10 years and decides not to have kids until now. She is pregnant now. If it was here na wahala ooo.

In USA, you can decide not to have more than one kid and no one will disturb you. Bill Clinton has only child and still becomes USA President, here the story is different.

People should have freedom to do whatever they like, until then our society is a zoo.

I don't even know where to start. Well it's all about our belief systems. In my own world, babymama is not better than marriage, but that's my own view and I'm sticking to it. Sleeping with random girls and paying them off can never be right in my book.

Yes, people have been staying unmarried for decades (we have reverend fathers and nuns), and most of them are fine like that because they're never lonely. In fact, many of them get paid for doing next to nothing, live on church funds, donations, etc but these ones have sworn to abstain from sex and any form of romance.

Advising people to sleep around and pay for sex is very very immoral even in those countries you call advanced. They're not all morally bankrupt. Just so you know, there are more sex workers in Nigeria than most of these advanced countries and it is actually easier to get random sex in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
marylandcakes:

Not everyone is cut out for marriage and parenthood. These are serious commitments and you will need to be doing them for the right reasons not because others are doing it. The world is populated enough and there are loads of kids out there that need stable homes. Dogs are very loyal pets . I hope you find happiness with your decisions Goodluck.
Exactly, the world especially this stupid country is overpopulated, too much poverty, too many kids suffering, too many peasants giving birth to kids they can't take care of and look at how our economy is messed up, no employment, businesses hardly do well because everybody is broke. Look at how things have suddenly gone for men with families that they are now struggling with brokeness to feed their wife and kids.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Stages Of Pregnancy From Conception To Birth. (Pictures) / 5 Years After Divorce, Woman Returns To Ex-husband's House To Beat Up New Wife / Childhood Days; Were You Bathed Like This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.