Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,525 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos (27937 Views)

Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. / Fire Destroys Properties In Umuahia (Photos, Video) / Fire Destroys Vivid Imagination Fashion House In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Sharpbobo: 3:44am On Jul 04, 2018
GIST FROM WAKABOBO.COM

Fire has burnt down a three-bedroomed bungalow at Ezioha Okporo in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State, leaving only a Holy Bible in its parlour unaffected.

Although there was no casualty, many found it curious that the Bible was not burnt.

It was, however, gathered that the landlord’s original company certificates, vehicles documents, his educational certificates, those belonging to his wife, and household items were all razed to ashes by the inferno.

Some of the wife’s burnt certificates mentioned were First School Leaving Certificate, Senior Secondary School Certificate, National Examination Council Certificate, National Certificate of Education and Bachelors degree in Education, among other documents.

The cause of the fire had not been ascertained as of the time of filing the report but it was gathered that the building was estimated at N10m.

Speaking with Southern City News at the scene of the incident, the landlord, Mr Vincent Ihenetu, said all the household gadgets and other valuables were gutted by the fire.

He stated that the fire started in the morning hours when no one was around in the compound, adding that he and his family members were in the compound of one his relations for a child dedication when the distress calls came.

“We are in our relation’s compound when I received calls from my neighbours, who were already inside my compound quenching the fire, that my house was on fire. Before I could get to my compound, the building had been burnt down.

“It was the manual efforts of my neighbours, friends and well wishers that the fire did not extend to the two boys’ quarters, in the front and back of the building,” he added.

Ihenetu, who hails from Umuduruoha Amaigbo in Nwangele Local Government Area of the state, further stated that he bought the building when it was under construction in 2011 and completed it.

He also told our correspondent that he came back to the building on May 7, 2018 after his kidnap and releases in 2016.

“I came back last month to re-equip the house when I saw that other people had started building around the area to avert the lonely nature of the area, which I presumed led to my Sunday, November 27, 2016 kidnap”.

Fielding questions, Ihenetu, who revealed that he was consulting with his pastors, said he was not suspecting anybody.

“There has not been any problem between any of my neighbours and my household since we came back and started living there. I have yielded to the will of God Almighty, who knows and sees all things,” he said.

Culled from>>>>https://wakabobo.com/fire-destroys-imo-residence-spares-only-bible-photos/

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by pyyxxaro: 3:46am On Jul 04, 2018
Uncle Liar Mohammed come and see these people oh embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:12am On Jul 04, 2018
GOD IS GREAT

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by escodotman: 5:35am On Jul 04, 2018
pyyxxaro:
If the story was about Quran, you would say Allah is great.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2018
pyyxxaro:
escodotman:
If the story was about Quran, you would say Allah is great.

Here they come with their RELIGIOUS WAHALA AGAIN.
See them at loggerheads here. wink
Smh

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Kendumazy(m): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2018
If it's quran as well. It won't burn it. Those books are powerful and carries spiritual package. Witnessed a burnt house few years, only the Bible and quran didn't got burnt.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by anibi9674: 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
what a loss in this buhari (hard time). God is indeed great. The gate of hell shall not prevail over us.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by MrWondah(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
Pinchure of the spared bible or ...

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by inoki247: 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
well nothing is too big for God to do..

6 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Mutemenot(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
And the house couldn't get saved

12 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Tonyosas101(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
Fake news everywhere

If they don't have news to write these days, they just make up one

5 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
Every time only bible no dey burn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
BIBLE AND QURAN ARE FIRELESS BOOKS

5 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Paperwhite(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
Jesus is & will remains Lord. smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Oceannaagent: 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
OK
My brother had a similar experience, his shop got, burnt everything inside except his bible.

Don't forget to check my profile.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by 12345baba(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2018
The word of God liveth

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by footballflaver: 7:00am On Jul 04, 2018
Damn

Orlu is very close to my area (orsu)
Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by bigdot1759(m): 7:00am On Jul 04, 2018
SheikhMuniru:
BIBLE AND QURAN ARE FIRELESS BOOKS
of course
Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Folashade2016(f): 7:00am On Jul 04, 2018
God is indeed great. God in a mysterious way but trust some people will still find a way of debunking this story saying it's a lie.
Good morning nairaland .

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Onyinye15(f): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2018
Science students won't like this smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by benjamin007: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2018
Bloggers seems to be one of the problem of this country misleading people with fake news in tha name of traffic....................

US AZA available.....

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by TMemos: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2018
Tonyosas101:
Fake news everywhere

Almost all news are now fake. It's a serious matter

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by YesNo(m): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2018
Stories that touch

That is... every other thing got burnt except the Bible. Even the table where the Bible was kept on got burnt but the Bible was not.

Blog Abuse.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by TMemos: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2018
benjamin007:
Bloggers seems to be one of the problem of this country misleading people with fake news in tha name of traffic....................

They've become a nuisance

5 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by sarahade(f): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2018
Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by muhammed50(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2018
A lie!
Someone dropped the Bible after the Hazard!
Extremism affecting Nigeria seriously!
No one even show concern to the destroyed properties
Keep shouting Miracle grin

6 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2018
I have been hearing same s h i t for decades.

The reason most times Bible do not "burn" is because most times the owner hide the book in a place were apparently no sufficient oxygen. This shows that the owner do not read or make regular use of it.
Oxygen is needed for combustion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by GoldenCircle: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2018
Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Akpacha(m): 7:04am On Jul 04, 2018
What kind of God would allow properties worth millions to burn and all he care save is only Bible? Religious pple and lies are like 5&6.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Tytylion(m): 7:04am On Jul 04, 2018
Religious bingos with fake news

6 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Anigold4real: 7:05am On Jul 04, 2018
This is God at work
Re: Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 04, 2018
Allahu Akbar cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brainbox, Bcm, Key Coding, Immobilisers, Car Parts..08120306356 / Need Advice For Best Locations In Lagos To Buy Half Plot Land With 15-25M Budget / How Many Bag Of Cement Will Plaster 3bedroom Inside And Outside With Floor..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.