Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank (20383 Views)

Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels / Keystone Bank Entry Level Salary / KPMG Entry-Level Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by emeye1: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2010
Hello All,
Pls i'm in a tight situation. I av got two offers from different banks and need to give my consent before the next two weeks.
The banks are Zenith and First Bank but I dont know which one to gor for. Whoever knows the salary level for freshers in any of these banks or both should kindly assist with this information. I also consider job security. Pls advise me.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by darqly(m): 9:52am On Jun 09, 2010
Sorry to say,but you're between the devil and the very deep blue sea! I know little about zenith except that your job function limits you severely and u end up being 'jack of one desk'. Firstbank on the other hand is another kettle of fish- you can actually get paid for doing NOTHING,full salary with all benefits. Then u will likely miss being promoted for the first 3yrs of your career because nobody in hr really gives a damn about some ET. But at least you'll learn ideal ethics of banking and still get the chance to be rude to a few customers. Sorry i sound so critical but my stint in fbn left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by kutest(f): 10:23am On Jun 09, 2010
i think the better offer is first bank am currently serving there and i think it makes more sense, first bank pays more than zenith and u get opportunity to learn better because u get to move around d depts often, but like Dargly said first 3yrs there is no possibility of promotion, just pray abt it only God can show u ur true location
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by jmakinde(m): 11:03am On Jun 09, 2010
@EM EYE,

If you already have the two offers with you why asking for salary range. House i guess being given an offer means you have your appointment letters from the two banks which will surely show the salary they are offering you. Stop wasting our time here seeking for answer you have in your hand.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by poboski: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
@akinde, that was witty of you. i really wonder what some people think when they post such messages on forums like this. is it an offer or invitation for interview. lets be clear about these two words. one only has an offer when the employment letter with terms and conditions including salary per annum are clearly stated. in fact in some cases the invitation for interview letters might show the pay package. so mr or mrs or miss EM EYE. try next time, that wasnt smart enough.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Ziggyjoel(f): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
TrUE! IF U REALY GAT AN OFFER LETTER, IT SHOULD HAVE ANSWERED ALL UR DEM DUMB QUESTIONS.
BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE, DONT EVEN THINK OF JOINING ZENITH AS A FRESHER COS IT WOULD BE A MISTAKE OF UR LIFE. DONT BE SURPRISED IF ZENITH ETS COMMIT SUICIDE.
I KNOW MY WORDS ARE VENOMOUS, BUT I KNOW WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT.
DECIDE WELL,
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by hallame404(m): 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
For your own sake,please avoid zenith bank.Their package for freshers cant take care of your transportation alone.Just be wise
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Osama10(m): 3:58am On Jun 10, 2010
One reason I love this site, you cant just come here and post without thinking first you would definitely be bashed. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Ahkinwumie: 4:55am On Jun 10, 2010
Pls ensure u choose career n nt money!!
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by chauder: 6:07am On Jun 10, 2010
zenith ain't an option for starters, pls stay clear.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by sayso: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2010
peeps the poster said salary structure.pls respond to that,cause others might learn from the answers given
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by anataala: 7:23am On Jun 10, 2010
dont even try zenith bank, cos na yawa bank, u will die as a slave cos before u will elevated to EA from Et may be na 4 yrs
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by defemz(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2010
Zenith pay 85k for freshers. First bank? i really dont know. hope this helps.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by flyuche(m): 7:25am On Jun 10, 2010
banks still offering jobs these days?
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by CarlosVent(m): 7:27am On Jun 10, 2010
i tink zenith is 90,000 while first bank is 80,000
bt avoid zenith cos the type of wrk there wont alow u see ur family except at mid night and their alowances is noting to go by.

first bank is more unique for me
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by benabbey(m): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2010
Oops  while some of us are looking for liberation and independence from clutch of paid employment. Some guy are at a fix and wanting to force themselves into 21st century slavery. Friend I wish you well in your new quest. Employer are the same thing they only pay you a stipend. Their goal is profitability at a minimal cost. Your salary is a cost to the organisation so don't expect much. And once you are lost to the fun fare. By the time you are graying you are finished, with little to fall back on you are scared to get sacked.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Ziggyjoel(f): 7:42am On Jun 10, 2010
WeLL SAID: PROFITABILITY AT MINIMAL COST- THATS D NEW SONG NOW.
SO, BANKS WILL STILL RECRUIT FRESHERS, PAY DEM PEANUTS AND OVERUSE THEM- WHAT AN INJUSTICE.
VENOMOUSLY SAID: NONE OF THESE SELFISH HUMAN EXPLOITERS WILL EVER SEE GODS FAVOUR! UNTIL THEY CHANGE THEIR WAYS!
I HAVE SPOKEN!
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by gidson12(m): 7:58am On Jun 10, 2010
Mmn
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by oluagness(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2010
Congrats first, please I employ you take job security as priority, may God help you
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by bones1(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2010
Bros, I assume your real dilemma is which of the two banks to elect for. Anyway, I have a junior brother who is in his second year with First Bank having joined as a fresher. While he always complains about the internal dynamics of working with a first generation bank which does not seem to cater for or have the real interests of freshers and young upstarts in the bank, he lets me know that the experience is welcome and vital.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he won't be in the bank for another year as the promotion / career ladder in the bank is very long and winded.

I recommend First bank !
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by westlaws: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2010
Using PH as reference, FBN freshers are paid 105k while Zenith pays 85k. Working conditions are better in FBN. I had similar offers, as at then, Zenith was paying higher but i went for FBN for career's sake. I thank God i did because i am not regreting my choice. First Bank is truly the first. As for promotion, i got mine after two years. Best of luck!
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by jmakinde(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2010
@poboski,

I stand to be corrected. The guy said he has two "OFFER Letters" and not two "invitation for test letter" it is in your own imagination and thinking that makes you to read meaning or assumed that he was talking about invitation for test or something like that. I would advice you check your dictionary for the word "OFFER" so if he has two offer letters from two different banks then he has the answers his requesting for except he posted his request by using the wrong word "OFFER" instead of invitation which i am not ready to assume on his behalf.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 10, 2010
Hey buddie i'll advice you look at it from a Career perspective, rather than pay package.
imo FBN is just d right path for you. All d best!
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by toluxa1(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2010
Self Employment is the best. I'm a 400LEVEL student of Mathematics/Computer sci. and I really don't have plans of running round looking for a job when I graduate. Like someone said, PROFIT AT MINIMUM COST. That is what Operations Research is all about. Many people don't have an idea of what is out there is the labour market. You hear parents even PRAYING that their children should get a bank job. That is a BIG job to them. I could develop an Application for a school and get paid 900k just for it. Thank God I'm still young (20). I still have a little time to develop myself further. Right now I'm already writing proposals for the upcoming election to different parties which by God's grace can fetch me millions.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by GboyegaD(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2010
jmakinde:

@EM EYE,

If you already have the two offers with you why asking for salary range. House i guess being given an offer means you have your appointment letters from the two banks which will surely show the salary they are offering you. Stop wasting our time here seeking for answer you have in your hand.
poboski:

@akinde, that was witty of you. i really wonder what some people think when they post such messages on forums like this. is it an offer or invitation for interview. lets be clear about these two words. one only has an offer when the employment letter with terms and conditions including salary per annum are clearly stated. in fact in some cases the invitation for interview letters might show the pay package. so mr or mrs or miss EM EYE. try next time, that wasnt smart enough.

Guys, I understand the posters confusion. The amount on the offer letter is gross which from experience is very juicy often times however, the net amount is ridiculous when compared to the gross.

@OP,
It depends on what you want out of banking. If you are thinking of a career path in banking, I would suggest you choose First Bank.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by wazobiang: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2010
@poster,

Please for the sake of God, accept FBN offer. Zenith is not a good idea. They're full of schemes. Like that profit sharing that never gets paid. I worked there for 13 months that exactly covered their financial year only for them to tell me I was owing them when i said was leaving and no PS for me since i have not spent extra one month or whatever with them. Is financial year 14 months? There are other 'one man' decisions/policies that might drive you nuts there. And be careful, zenith is like a community, everything you say gets heard. FBN is more like a country. Its too big for the big people to focus on you. FBN pay well now. I never saw the sunlight all the days I worked with Zenith.

Life is not about work. That is FBN policy. They're handled by normal people. That's why you won't get quick promotion and stuff like that. Nothing good comes easy.

You do not need to consider the two options. Make a life with FBN.

[size=18pt]ACCEPT FBN, PLEASE[/size]

Don't accept zenith and come here next year to open up a topic titled "Had I known"
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by lexxwiz(m): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2010
NNMmm!!! My friend,i strongly recommend 1st bank, DO NOT,EVA,THINK,TOUGHT,TRY,ATEMPT Zenit as an ET, I repeat,DO NOT!

ps; Zenith pays 90,000 & 1st Bank 105,000.

U'l b shocked who told u.

Goodluck!
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by agitator: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2010
poboski:

jmakinde:

@poboski,

I stand to be corrected. The guy said he has two "OFFER Letters" and not two "invitation for test letter" it is in your own imagination and thinking that makes you to read meaning or assumed that he was talking about invitation for test or something like that. I would advice you check your dictionary for the word "OFFER" so if he has two offer letters from two different banks then he has the answers his requesting for except he posted his request by using the wrong word "OFFER" instead of invitation which i am not ready to assume on his behalf.

stop attacking the guy. you are misunderstanding what he meant. witty (synonyms) humorous, amusing, droll, clever, sharp.
He was pointing out how smart you are in detecting the anomaly.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Kx: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2010
Why are we always quick to respond?

What is an offer if questions like this are still being asked?

Cant the poster come out in the open to seek for career advice considering the fact
that FBN offer Nxxx and Zenith bank offered Nxx?
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by sayso: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2010
peopel can we as Nigerian's future pace setters start thinking about self dependence?ex Iran,china,North Korea,Japan,Parkistan,we were better say 20yrs ago but now can't say
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by kemisuga(f): 10:09am On Jun 10, 2010
FBN has the highest votes for now.

@ Poster, salaries is not always the best to choose the best career. Think about job securities, comfortableness, rest of mind etc.

Congrats and Best of Luck!!!
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Exponental(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2010
@jmakinde 10x for your wise observation. May be the offeree should reframe or moderate asked question for better response

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria / Follow This Thread For Lagos Jobs / How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.