Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? (6921 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers / Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by rhufffryda(m): 9:53am On Jun 09, 2010
I want to give my gf about $1,000.00, the equivalent of 3,600 AED for her holiday trip in dubai? I am not conversant with the currency value in dubai or how cheap/expensive things are there. But with that amount, and considering she would be interested in usual things like clothes, accessories, bags etc. is this amount enough for her trip, or is it an extravagant allowance, or will it barely be enough.
Thanks
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
rhufffryda:

I want to give my gf about $1,000.00, the equivalent of 3,600 AED for her holiday trip in dubai? I am not conversant with the currency value in dubai or how cheap/expensive things are there. But with that amount, and considering she would be interested in usual things like clothes, accessories, bags etc. is this amount enough for her trip, or is it an extravagant allowance, or will it barely be enough.
Thanks

No amount is too small or too big, it all depend on ur gf's taste.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
justwise:

No amount is too small or too big, it all depend on your gf's taste.

Justwise is right. Your thoughts of giving her money for the trip is kind enough. There's an on going "summer sale" in Dubai now and she can take advantage for that. wink

1 Like

Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by spikedcylinder: 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2010
Will this amount include accommodation money?
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by AjanleKoko: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
$1k in Dubai is basically $1k in any European capital. Maybe not US since they got outlet malls and stuff. But Dubai sef get market (Deira).
Is that strictly for shopping? Hope you've settled the accomodation and the living allowance (she get to take cabs all over town, etc).
What about desert safari, dhow cruise, aquatic adventures, hot-air balloon rides, etc? By the time you add those ones, you go need to add another AED5k grin
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by spikedcylinder: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
AjanleKoko:

$1k in Dubai is basically $1k in any European capital. Maybe not US since they got outlet malls and stuff. But Dubai sef get market (Deira).
Is that strictly for shopping? Hope you've settled the accomodation and the living allowance (she get to take cabs all over town, etc).
What about desert safari, dhow cruise, aquatic adventures, hot-air balloon rides, etc? By the time you add those ones, you go need to add another AED5k grin

Dubai has outlet malls too o. I think one is called Blue Souk or so.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by AjanleKoko: 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
@spikey,
Blue Souk is in Sharjah. Not really far from the airport anyway.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by spikedcylinder: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2010
I know. There's an outlet mall there na. They have a lot of amazing decorating material there too. Taxi there cost me about 50 bucks or so.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 10, 2010
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by sayso: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
@spikedcylinder
ur profile pix,just thinkn.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by wazobiang: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
easy, calculate the value of all you want to buy in naira, convert it to dollars or otherwise. carry half of that money if you want to be frugal or two thirds of that money if you want to be free while baking buy decisions.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by spikedcylinder: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
wazobia-ng:

easy, calculate the value of all you want to buy in naira, convert it to dollars or otherwise. carry half of that money if you want to be frugal or two thirds of that money if you want to be free while baking buy decisions.

You will never buy anything if you start by converting to naira!
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by jerryland: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Wazobia-ng, Good thinking, good comment, good arithmetics!!! This is exactly what I would do!
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by jerryland: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
Converting to Naira is not always good when shopping abroad, but for budgetory purpose. You could just get an equivalent and then add some logistics cost. N150,000 is not bad money to give wife to enter shop here in Lagos and be happy. You know, But is she is to shop aboad, its has to be at least $1500 excluding accomodation, flight and transportations.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by kabukabu(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
cost of camel ride=$50
Skiing in man made ice=$350
night in bur j arab=$700
being stuck in dubai sandstorms with huge camel spiders in her buba=Priceless.

Save your GF,give her more $$$$
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by trublu1(f): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ poster

that's very sweet of you, and is this dosh for her to splash on herself or for her to buy you goods grin
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by nairaxchan: 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2010
shoppin in dubai basically depends on your class, there is the lower class shopping, the deira market, you will see stuffs better than the Chinese fake but majorly mass produced.
Then there are the malls, for the middle class and the upper class.
there are about 4 0r 5 standard malls, i cant recollect, but depending on her taste the secret is to go for 80% sales items in shops, they are the not really the latest trends but lovely and she can then spoil herself with just one luxury stuff.

Am a male so i do not know much about female shopping, but my advice is she should cut her temptation, and she would come back with good stuffs.1,000$ to be given to a lady for shopping is not bad,not all men can afford it, but accommodation, sightseeing, cab, food would need another extra like 500$, i think their rail system should be up now, that can cut her transportation cost instead of cabs

All in all, it boils down to budgeting, and a 3day stay will be better than 1 week or two weeks, that way it cut down your cost.
Another trick if her flight back to nigeria is in the night, she should check out before the cut off time, so she does not pay for a full day, and she can stay in the lounge, her goods will be safe, wish her a safe trip and loads of fun

1 Like

Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by eloii: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
If she is d kind of person dat appreciate, even is not ok she will try 2 appreciate. but for me it is ok
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by eros(m): 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
kabukabu:

cost of camel ride=$50
Skiing in man made ice=$350
night in bur j arab=$700
being stuck in dubai sandstorms with huge camel spiders in her buba=Priceless.

Save your GF,give her more $$$$

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by eros(m): 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
Now this is one lovely thread where most of the posters have being selfless in giving good and candid advise. I want to assume most of the posters here are not the typical bad-belly, jealousy stricken Nigerians who would have being bashing the OP instead of simply advising like he request.

@ OP, if you can afford to give her more than $1,000 please do so. I am also planning on taking my family to Dubai very soon and trust me we will be treating ourselves real good. We only have this one life to live, we spoil the fun, when we can have it to the fullest, but don't forget every expenses must be in the budget. Great guy wink wink wink wink
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by eros(m): 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
sayso:

@spikedcylinder
your profile pix,just thinkn.

@ spikedcylinder,

That is one of the dumbest adverts i have ever seen on your profile pics. Gosh some people can be more than retarded when it comes to English Language.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by Tcrack(m): 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2010
it depend on what the 1000,00 is for and how long she will be staying but if it include acommodation,bros, add more o. you dont want you girl sleeping on a bug infested bed do you?never been to dubai though. undecided undecided
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by Tolulop001(f): 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
eros:

@ spikedcylinder,

That is one of the dumbest adverts i have ever seen on your profile pics. Gosh some people can be more than retarded when it comes to English Language.

dude, easy, its just a joke!Plus the fact that some Nigerians cant spell or write properly doesnt make them retarded! they still gotta make a living angry angry angry
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by spikedcylinder: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2010
eros:

@ spikedcylinder,

Please educate me. Do I usually advertise in my profile? How is this thread even about me? Nawa o.
Tolu, sometimes, somethings are just best ignored. smiley wink
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by ud4u: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2010
cool cool cool your pocket determines that
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by kufreabasi(m): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2010
rhufffryda:

Thanks

I think James Ibori can answer your question
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by konami001: 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
kufreabasi:

I think James Ibori can answer your question
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhahahahahahahahaaaahahahahaha
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by cystein(m): 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2010
Well, It depends on where she goes. Prices vary and being a foreigner she may just end up paying more. ive lived there sometime and life aint so cheap as it sounds.
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by chealbaby: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
it all boils down on our GF taste, i think is enough, but if your gf have a very high taste is not enough ooo, all the desrt safari, the wild wadi, the boat cruise , so many lovely sights to see and they are worth seeing , then the Gould soup ol boy abeg try increase the pay small, cos worth is worth doing at all is worth doing well. grin grin grin grin
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by castrogee(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
y not give dt amount to D less privileged, rada dan ur Gf It wil attract many blessings
Re: Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping>? by bigspif(m): 9:47am On Jul 05, 2010
Must say that this thread is interesting. Please i'd love ur advise as i will soon be visiting the great city of Dubai, my question is what are the afffordables flights to dubai from Abuja or Lagos (cost etc)? Cost of decent accomodation for 2 for 2 weeks? visa cost? and the good places for affordable shopping? thanks for ur responses would love to get details ASAP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Study In Latvia / ... / Nigerian Students In Malta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.