Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) (44149 Views)

18-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Rescuing His Cow In Jigawa / Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) / Boy Drowns At Maysun Hotel, Egbeda, Lagos, After Sneaking Out of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Amagite(m): 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
On Monday, the Canadian dream of a family of Nigerian migrants who arrived in Quebec in April, 2018, turned into a nightmare, Montreal Journal reports.

Two days after moving into their first home in Montreal, the 6-year-old son drowned in a swimming pool in the Saint-Léonard neighborhood. "I dream of being able to go back," sobs Bukola Babayemi, 31.

On her way to the low-cost resort pool on Monday, when the weather was hot, she was far from suspecting that she was spending her last moments with her eldest son, Bukumi.

"I told him to stay next to me.

But it took a second of inattention and I lost it. I immediately alerted the rescuer, but it was too late,”

whispers the mother of three, in tears.

After being found unconscious in the bottom of the pool, the boy was rush to the hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

Bukumi was to start school in September.

The pool has since be shutdown. In hopes of providing a better life for her children, Ms. Babayemi made the big trip to Canada from Houston, U.S last April.

Arrived in the United States in August 2016, she said she quickly realized that this country was not made for her family.

"It's so hard for the migrants there. We can do almost nothing, I had to beg for church food for my children," she said.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/6-yr-old-nigerian-boy-drowns-in-a-pool-in-canada.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Temidayo9(m): 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
So so sad. RIP boy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by MartinCorridon: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
So sad...RIP

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by mynaijainfo(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
cry
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Moreoffaith(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
Rip Boy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by CriticMaestro: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
Gush...ouch...so hurting mehn

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
embarassed
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
*Quote*
The pool has since be shutdown. In hopes of providing a better life for her children, Ms. Babayemi made the big trip to Canada from Houston, U.S last April.

Arrived in the United States in August 2016, she said she quickly realized that this country was not made for her family.

"It's so hard for the migrants there. We can do almost nothing, I had to beg for church food for my children," she said. . . . .
*Unquote*

It's so sad to lose a child.
May his wonderful soul REST IN PERFECT PEACE.

For the bolded part of her message, that is what just happened when you don't have the official/legal documents to live in a foreign country, if you are a legal resident, you won't have any reason to beg for food or be living in a church, especially in the States.

RIP to this cute boy once more.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by moscobabs(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
RIP

Some people prefer to die in abroad untimely than get old here

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by nabegibeg: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
Amagite:
On Monday, the Canadian dream of a family of Nigerian migrants who arrived in Quebec in April, 2018, turned into a nightmare, Montreal Journal reports.

Two days after moving into their first home in Montreal, the 6-year-old son drowned in a swimming pool in the Saint-Léonard neighborhood. "I dream of being able to go back," sobs Bukola Babayemi, 31.

On her way to the low-cost resort pool on Monday, when the weather was hot, she was far from suspecting that she was spending her last moments with her eldest son, Bukumi.

"I told him to stay next to me.

But it took a second of inattention and I lost it. I immediately alerted the rescuer, but it was too late,”

whispers the mother of three, in tears.

After being found unconscious in the bottom of the pool, the boy was rush to the hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

Bukumi was to start school in September.

"It's so hard for the migrants there. We can do almost nothing, I had to beg for church food for my children," she said.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/6-yr-old-nigerian-boy-drowns-in-a-pool-in-canada.html

Some times we could do more as parents

RIP child

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
It must be really sad to lose a child, I hope you find solace in the future.
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Is this the season of children getting drowned in pools? sad My condolences to the family.
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by SirLakes: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
grin

15 Likes

The guy immediately above me ^^^ is catching fun in another family's peril. I strongly doubt the validity and seriousness of his Monika. sad

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by inoki247: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Villiage pipul are Mad so dey waited for dem to colet visa pay for flight ticket Land in Canada before dey lauch dere weapon.. RIp to d small boy..
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by edicied: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Is this the season of children getting drowned in pools?
Water spirit are not happy with the hardship in the country
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by HeWrites(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Chai.. After escaping Hell
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by tunjijones(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
So sorry ma"am . The world is full of mishaps.. Only God can protect us all..

One can turn from a fun filled life and a happy life to life of mystery and mouring and sadness within 2 days. Only nature can tell

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by IamAirforce1: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
I feel her pain

Sorry dear

Rip to the little one

Quite unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by iamprofralph: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Attention to all parents

Rip

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by SmartMugu: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Why allow underage kids go to pools without proper adult supervision. Even adults drown too, hawk eyes are needed when kids are around pools. Rip to the innocent child.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Not all that glitters is gold. America is like iphone--sweet when you've not experienced it. na over hype dem dey..... People are suffering in the US especially since that fowl-yanshed fellow called trump, enter power. I prefer my Europe jor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by GavelSlam: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Rest in peace little homey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Giovanotto:
Not all that glitters is gold. America is like iphone--sweet when you've not experienced it. na over hype dem dey..... People are suffering in the US especially since that fowl-yanshed fellow called trump, enter power. I prefer my Europe jor.
y go to a country illegally with stupid expectations If u go illegally be ready to wash plate and sweep, which this woman does not look lik doing.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
moscobabs:
RIP

Some people prefer to die in abroad untimely than get old here

Not understanding your post

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by icon007(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
See young handsome boy!
RIP!

On the other hand see quick measure taken... Shutting down the pool already. Nigeria comes to mind.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by chrisviral(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Saw this on the news last night.
The summer is often accompanied by an increase in the number of pool goers. More so, this past few days have been extremely hot in Montreal, that triples the number of people at the pool. Yet, they couldn't increase the number of lifeguards at the pool. such negligence.

RIP young kid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Bluffly: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
How can you be telling him to stay close to you when you were suppose to make sure he is on the other side from the pool. Some women can be sluggish. You will see some with kids on the road not holding the hands of their children and yet want the kid to stay safe. There are places you will be and don't take chances. It is her fault and needs to be punished.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by IMASTEX: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
What?!
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by DIYhackers: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
RIP boy. This is not a good news especially these little ones, why must it be the pool. Innocent little boy

Free digital marketing training, check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Owerri (Photos) / Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts / Man Who Returned From Brazil For Christmas Killed In Nigeria. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.