Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP (74253 Views)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / Pregnant Nigerian Immigrant Collapses In Italy While Being Beaten By Policeman / Burial Of Angela Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot By Policeman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Amagite2: 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2018
From; Amagitesblog.com

A female Corps member, Igwetu Linda Nkechi, bled to death in a hospital after she was shot by the police today in Abuja.

According to a friend of hers who shared the story on Twitter, She passed a checkpoint but didn't stop, one of the policemen opened fire on the car and the bullet hit Angela by her side.

She was taken to the hospital and bleed to death.

According to her sister who also shared the story on Twitter crying for help, Angela was meant to pass out tomorrow.

Read more here; http://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/corps-member-meant-to-pass-out-tomorrow-bleeds-to-death-after-being-shot-by-a-policeman-in-abuja.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Shot dead, damn!!!

RIP

NPF wasting life since inception, we need UK to borrow us dia anti corruption officers make dem investigate this yeye NPF..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Amagite2: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2018

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by anibi9674: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
na madmen we make as police officers for this country. Shoot unarmed woman just like that and the hospital could not save a life first because of what.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Donald95(m): 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
She went to serve her country with her two legs and came back through Ambulance. So sad for her expectant parents

In as much as I hate this country and it's securities,That doesn't mean I should disrespect the trigger happy monkies. We gats to play our own part for God to help us survive this Hell hole

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by anibi9674: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
The primary purpose of the police is to save life's and property but in Nigeria it seems the reverse is the case. God hide us in your pavilion, blind the eyes of the wucjed towards us.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by donofdons: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Look at this nonesense. Nigerian police has become a force for destruction in this country. They keep shooting innocent civilians while being unable to protect Nigerians from kidnappers, herdsmen and robbers. In Abuja roads, at night half of them are drunk, disturbing motorists with their beggary and intimidating growling.
I hope the police force is disbanded and state police allowed so that these set of licensed killers on uniform can be sent home.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
You see.... I'm just tired of this country. Our President is deaf.... all politicians are selfish. Their kids are not exposed to dangers we encounter everyday. gosh!

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by asawanathegreat(m): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Is this revenge or mistake?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by devigblegble: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
OMG!!!
This is brutality @ it's peak.
Justice must prevail. 
I only wonder the serious pain the family is going through now.
Just one day to passing out NYSC?!
So so sad!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by inoki247: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
bb
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by davodyguy: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is preventable.
Before we blame let's critically examine this story.

1. They were out at Midnight, possibly returning from party or club, to celebrate in anticipation of POP.
2. If they stayed in doors and faced the service they were sent to do, may be it may not have happened
3. The policemen, officers empowered by Law stopped you, but you refused to obey the officers of the law. Are you guys criminals? Why didn't you stop?
4. Would this have happened in America? Yes it could have happened. Even unarmed blacks are shot by policeman, talk less of people who were stopped and refused to accede.
5. Was the officer that shit overzealous? Yes he was. But judging by the volatility of northern Nigeria today, they could have been mistook as criminals running from officers.

My conclusion.

If they stayed indoors and faced what they're sent to do, this could have been avoided
If they had stopped, this could also have been avoided.

The officer may go Scot free, on the basis of security situation in the country.

We need to be careful ourselves

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by thoollz: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
Pathetic. Why didn't she stop? Is A mentally stable policeman supposed to shoot a moving vehicle? I thought it was said that gunshot victims should b treated without a police report, why wasn't she treated?

This country isn't safe anymore. May her soul Rest In Peace.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by TechCapon(m): 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is really sad. I thought the senate passed a bill compelling hospitals to treat gunshot wounds without police report?

16 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Skepticus: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
cool

Tired of Typing R.I.P

Young woman, i'm happy for you as you are better off exiting this hellhole of a country and planet.

I'm sorry for the rest of us alive. We are are technically the LIVING DEAD.

To the ignoramuses who might want to start throwing blames at a mentally distressed cop (who is a victim of the same zoo) or political parties, better get a visa and ball out.

Getting a PVC won't help you all.

This country is forever doomed.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
She failed to stop at check point and got the next appropriate response. Or what does check point mean and which categories of people is it meant to neutralize.

Flatirons and their waywardness grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Majorkeys(m): 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
R.i.P
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by davodyguy: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
Donald95:
She went to serve the zoo with her two legs and came back through Ambulance.

In as much as I hate this country and it's securities,That doesn't mean I should disrespect the trigger happy monies. We gats to play our own part for God to help us survive this Hell hole
Two sides if a coin

If you're stopped by a white officer in the US and refused to stop, the officer can shoot you, if you're black

7 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
so why she didn't stop ? na her fault that led to lost her life ... shikena

3 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by CaptainStephen(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
what sought of nonsense is this?
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by davodyguy: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
brownhawk:
She failed to stop at check point and got the next appropriate response. Or what does check point mean and which categories of people is it meant to neutralize.

Flatirons and their waywardness grin
No no no

See my post above.

They should have stopped
What were they doing out so late? Flexing right?
The idiot that drove should have been the victim rather then the lady.

The hospital should be sued for culpable homicide. They law was already passed that treat gun shot wounds first and later call the police

10 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by janejive(f): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
The kind of stories one hears about the police is so freaking sad.... cry

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by CoolFreeday(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
wickedness
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by ZACHIE: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
That hospital killed her

9 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
Now I begin to wonder if I should get excited that 9 policemen were killed just days ago in this same Abuja.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by DIYhackers: 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is the definition of painful exit. Ordinary 50k and they allowed her bleed to death?
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by alertness(m): 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
Gossiplover:
rip to her

lalasticlala, mynd44 come and see
what's in her mouth?such a promising babe
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by modaink333: 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nigerian police, the major slayer of Nigeria population since 1960
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by lastmaster(m): 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
The NPF are more dangerous than arm robbers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#LekkiMassacre: CNN Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Massacre / Armed Robbers Attack Bank In Ekiti, Policeman, Girl Shot Dead (Graphic Photos) / Josephine Cynthia Inalegwu, Bride-to-be Missing Few Days To Her Wedding Day

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.