Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Essence Of Hajj - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Essence Of Hajj (1822 Views)

Ihsaan - The Spiritual Essence Of Islam / The Spiritual Significance Of HAJJ (pilgrimage To Mecca) / Sambo Flags-off 2013 Airlift Of Hajj Pilgrims In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Essence Of Hajj by niniowo(f): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2006
This is the period of Holy Pilgrimage to Mecca. However it seems we have lost the essence of this fundamental pillar. To some, it is a period of holiday, others think it is for tourism and to others; it is business trip( a place to get cheap Dubai products). Brothers, what is the essence of Hajj?
Re: Essence Of Hajj by LoverBwoy(m): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2006
well i believe only in nigeria things get exaggerated!!
u'll hear people saying theyve gone for Hajj 14 times!!! yet thousands/millions can't afford it or are not priveleged to get connection for flights

Most muslims know the essence but many people esp nigerians abuse it just like they abuse many things including religion...U Hear them mention God in whatever they say it so sickening sometimes  angry because they dnt actually mean what they say..
Re: Essence Of Hajj by omon(m): 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2006
I think the govt should stop spending money on christian and islamic pilgrimages
Re: Essence Of Hajj by rasheedah: 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2006
well i totally agree with you all about this hajj issue..i heard only yesterday that someone was going for his 4th time and i'm wondering to myself ...how come? in a country where some people barely have enough to eat..even the issue of the government sponsoring some people has been corrupted that those in power put people on the list to return personal favours..i mean if Allah subuhana watahala has blessed you soo much and you have already had the priviledge of fulfiling the 5th pillar of islam once why not spend your wealth in other rewarding venues like helping the needy and if you really want to go for hajj why not send somebody else (who cannot afford it)to represent you..you will be rewarded for your good deeds ....afterall thats the essence of hajj .
Re: Essence Of Hajj by LoverBwoy(m): 1:25am On Jan 05, 2006
i personally dont think the money spent on pilgrimages is that much.....but the management of the finances involved is the problem...they built this big enumerical( dnt know whats called ) in abuja for several millions if not billion

year after year there are problems involved with the hajj pilgrimage....just few hours to the closure of the main hajj aiport nigerian ministers are still asuring over 23000 people they will be airlifted for hajj shocked
Re: Essence Of Hajj by alheri(f): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2006
loverbwoy,What has the ecumenical center got to do with the hajj, pls stick to the topic and dont raise issues you know nothing about. Thank you
Re: Essence Of Hajj by LoverBwoy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2006
well i was goin with what OMON said ...."governement spending money on religious pilgrimage....AND CENTRES!

besides why do certain religion act like they targets of everything! kmt
Re: Essence Of Hajj by alheri(f): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2006
omon:

I think the govt should stop spending money on christian and islamic pilgrimages

this is what omon said, I dont see the CENTRES.

Why do certain religions pretend not to be targeting?
Re: Essence Of Hajj by dagaro(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2006
To Muslims the essence of hajj is to fulfill one of the five pillars of Islam.
Re: Essence Of Hajj by LoverBwoy(m): 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2006
Well i think he should have added centres!! religion shouldnt be government sponsored! esp in a multi-faith country like nigeria!

well i am neither a victim nor perpetuator or religious hatred so pls drop this ...
thanx in advance smiley
Re: Essence Of Hajj by alheri(f): 10:14am On Jan 06, 2006
FYI, The the FG in the time of Abacha allocated funds to the the muslims and christians to build places of worship in the New Federal Capital when it was been moved from Lagos to Abuja. The muslims were quick in building theirs(what is now the national mosque in Abuja), while the christians were busy arguying about denomination till the money lost its value. Later(between 2004-2005) Rochas Okorocha was led to implore fellow christian faithfuls to complete the ecumenical project. It wasnt FG funding. Christians from all works of life contributed to finishing the Ecumenical centre.

Neither am I a victim or perpetrator of religious violence.
I just prefer people to have there facts right.

Now I can say youre welcomed to your thank you.
Re: Essence Of Hajj by Rhodalyn(f): 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2006
da essence of hajj is 2 go round da KA-ABA n strenthen one's faith in Allah
Re: Essence Of Hajj by focused123(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2009
Hajj is a complete waste of time, effort, resources and above all A WASTE OF MONEY

The money used in circumnavigating the Saudi Arabian Kaba can used to help poor people and other less priviledged, instead of engaging in some useless activities.

Nigerian Islamist or Nigerian Muhammedan should stop that stupidity.

Una mumu don do.
Re: Essence Of Hajj by Abuzola(m): 11:37am On Nov 17, 2009
Thanks for raising the thread mr focus
Re: Essence Of Hajj by Abuzola(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2009
Hajiya and Alhaji to be, this thread is a guidance for you
Re: Essence Of Hajj by focused123(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola:

Hajiya and Alhaji to be, this thread is a guidance for you

Are they saying they cannot pray in their homes ?? Some people even die in the process of circumnavigating the Kaba as a result of exhaustion from the terrible Arabian heat.

The money they used in circumnavigating the Saudi Arabian Kabah can be used in helping the less priviledged or making a difference in someone's life instead of going to a place where racism reigns supreme.
Re: Essence Of Hajj by focused123(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2009
Every single tradition and fetish that a Muhammadan Muslim performs during the Hajj, is an EXACT REPLICA of what the Pagan Arabs used to perform for centuries BEFORE Muhammad subsumed these pagan traditions and wrapped them up in his 'Islamic' mantle.

Every follower of Muhammad who performs the Hajj and all its rituals is only IMMITATING the traditions and fetishes of the forefathers of the Pagan Arabians
Re: Essence Of Hajj by Abuzola11(m): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2009
focused123:

Every single tradition and fetish that a Muhammadan Muslim performs during the Hajj, is an EXACT REPLICA of what the Pagan Arabs used to perform for centuries BEFORE Muhammad subsumed these pagan traditions and wrapped them up in his 'Islamic' mantle.

Every follower of Muhammad who performs the Hajj and all its rituals is only IMMITATING the traditions and fetishes of the forefathers of the Pagan Arabians

0:15

: And when Our Clear Verses are recited unto them, those who hope not for their meeting with Us, say: Bring us a Quran other than this, or change it."Say (O Muhammad SAW): "It is not for me to change it on my own accord; I only follow that which is revealed unto me. Verily, I fear if I were to disobey my Lord, the torment of the Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

(1) (Reply)

Graphic: Woman Beheaded In Broad Daylight In ‘moderate’ Muslim Nation / Jesus Saves - Dear Muslims Kindly Read / Jarus, Mukina And Olabowale, I Got Your Messages Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.