Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria (12259 Views)

Air Peace Begins Flight Operations To London March 30 / NG Eagle Begins Flight Operations With Leased Aircraft / Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by edunwablog: 4:58am On Jul 06, 2018
Namibian national carrier, Air Namibia, recently marked its inaugural entry to Nigeria with flight from Windhoek, capital of the southern African nation, to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

The airline which started with four times a week flights said successful opening of the Lagos route was the actualisation of long term plan to connect many countries in West Africa to southern Africa and other parts of the continent.

Welcoming the airline to Lagos, the High Commissioner of Namibia to Nigeria, Dr. Peingeondjabi Titus Shipoh, expressed excitement to see the country’s national airline berth in Lagos.

“It is an honour to welcome you to the inaugural flight of Air Namibia to Lagos from Windhoek City in Namibia,” he said.

Shipoh, said Nigeria and Namibia share a long history of solidarity and cooperation, dating back to the years of struggle for the decolonisation of Southern Africa, disclosing that Nigeria played a strong pivotal role in campaigning for Namibia’s decolonisation.
“Today the political struggle is on and we continue to enjoy peace and stability; however, the fight for economic emancipation of Africa remains to be won. Africa is now the new economic frontier. Africa needs to deepen intra-Africa trade to facilitate integration and derive tangible benefits from globalization,” he said.

The envoy said the role of transport and logistics sector has become extremely important for the African continent.

“I am applauding Air Namibia for taking advantage of the opening of African skies. This is an opening of new and more dynamic chapter in furthering and consolidating relationship between Nigeria and Namibia.

“This route will enable cooperation in all sectors; facilitate entry of Namibian investors to this strategic market. Air Namibia’s venture into the ECOWAS market is to establish a win-win cooperation to exploit available business opportunities, add value to the natural resources that both our countries are endowed with,” Shipoh said.

The General Manager, APG, the General Sales Agent (GSA) of Air Namibia, Chike Ohiagu said there has been positive response to the flight of the airline to Nigeria with huge requests for Air Namibia’ flight tickets.

“On behalf of APG Nigeria, GSA to Air Namibia we want to thank everyone that graced this occasion. There is deluge of requests. It is a good sign that Air Namibia has come here to stay.

“Our duty is to sell tickets and make money for Air Namibia. In the next two weeks, there would be a forum where travel agents will be invited and we talk about Air Namibia and the product we have and the projections for the next few years,” Ohiagu said.
The Nigerian High Commission in the Republic of Namibia who was represented by Uwem Johnson said that there is huge potential market for the airline in Nigeria and expressed the hope that in few months the airline would have daily flight from Windhoek to Lagos.
Spokesman of Air Namibia, Paul Nakawa who represented the management of the airline said it was a dream come true that Air Namibia now operates to Lagos.

“We are happy to come to Nigeria. We are here to stay. Namibia is open to Nigeria and we have a lot of things to offer. The first departure of Air Namibia to Accra from Lagos Nigeria on the 29 of June, 2018 is a special occasion and calls for celebration. This is a major milestone for our airline as we journey forward.

“The creation of Air Namibia has gone a long way in connecting Southern Africa and West Africa. This comes as another option, given the fact that there are other players already in the market. Our objective is to create inter African trade and integration. We launched five routes in a space of three years,” Nakawa said.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/air-namibia-begins-flight-to-nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by agwom(m): 5:11am On Jul 06, 2018
When will air Nigeria begins flight to Namibia?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Tarzan360(m): 5:15am On Jul 06, 2018
Nothing is really working in this country, only propaganda's on papers and tv

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Sall(m): 5:33am On Jul 06, 2018
Shame once more on giant of African.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00am On Jul 06, 2018
Welcome on board Namibia Airways.
No more Nigerian Airways but we have PEACE Airline owned by a certain Past First Lady of Nigeria.
Shame of a Nation.

They can deny it and put a fromt for all they can.
The truth shall prevail.
http://enmpaediaexpress..com/2015/03/patience-jonathan-owns-peace-airline.html?m=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by oismail(m): 6:00am On Jul 06, 2018
Air Namibia ko?
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by mysteriousman(m): 6:02am On Jul 06, 2018
A big shout out to dead Nigerian airways killed by mismanagement and vision less leaders of this country
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by calddon(m): 6:02am On Jul 06, 2018
Op u guys now happy, it's ordinary air Namibia
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by flyca: 6:03am On Jul 06, 2018
Namibia has a national carrier? Waaaaw!
Rwanda also has one! These are the real African Giants.

I remember one of Buhari's campaign promise was reviving the Nigerian airways. BMC haaafa? undecided

Picture: Rwandan Air landing in Colorado (April 2018)

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:05am On Jul 06, 2018
I don't travel to dead countries. But I can only travel there because of DILLISH Matthews.

If you know, you know

4 Likes

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Dronedude(m): 6:06am On Jul 06, 2018
Nimibria grin grin grin
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by chukxie(m): 6:08am On Jul 06, 2018
When shall we have Nigeria Airways or Air Nigeria? Nigeria is a monumental disgrace. If I recall clearly, Obasanjo was the person that sold Nigeria Airways for kobo kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 6:09am On Jul 06, 2018
Over to our developer IPOB brothers, Namibia is the next South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by nicebaba: 6:11am On Jul 06, 2018
Sall:
Shame once more on giant shadow of Africa.

fixed

4 Likes

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by peterkelechi30(m): 6:12am On Jul 06, 2018
Bla bla bla.....Air Namibia. .air namiwa. ..air namizo.... will this put food on my table
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by lonelydora: 6:15am On Jul 06, 2018
edunwablog:
Namibian national carrier, Air Namibia, recently marked its inaugural entry to Nigeria with flight from Windhoek, capital of the southern African nation, to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

The airline which started with four times a week flights said successful opening of the Lagos route was the actualisation of long term plan to connect many countries in West Africa to southern Africa and other parts of the continent.

Welcoming the airline to Lagos, the High Commissioner of Namibia to Nigeria, Dr. Peingeondjabi Titus Shipoh, expressed excitement to see the country’s national airline berth in Lagos.

“It is an honour to welcome you to the inaugural flight of Air Namibia to Lagos from Windhoek City in Namibia,” he said.

Shipoh, said Nigeria and Namibia share a long history of solidarity and cooperation, dating back to the years of struggle for the decolonisation of Southern Africa, disclosing that Nigeria played a strong pivotal role in campaigning for Namibia’s decolonisation.
“Today the political struggle is on and we continue to enjoy peace and stability; however, the fight for economic emancipation of Africa remains to be won. Africa is now the new economic frontier. Africa needs to deepen intra-Africa trade to facilitate integration and derive tangible benefits from globalization,” he said.

The envoy said the role of transport and logistics sector has become extremely important for the African continent.

“I am applauding Air Namibia for taking advantage of the opening of African skies. This is an opening of new and more dynamic chapter in furthering and consolidating relationship between Nigeria and Namibia.

“This route will enable cooperation in all sectors; facilitate entry of Namibian investors to this strategic market. Air Namibia’s venture into the ECOWAS market is to establish a win-win cooperation to exploit available business opportunities, add value to the natural resources that both our countries are endowed with,” Shipoh said.

The General Manager, APG, the General Sales Agent (GSA) of Air Namibia, Chike Ohiagu said there has been positive response to the flight of the airline to Nigeria with huge requests for Air Namibia’ flight tickets.

“On behalf of APG Nigeria, GSA to Air Namibia we want to thank everyone that graced this occasion. There is deluge of requests. It is a good sign that Air Namibia has come here to stay.

“Our duty is to sell tickets and make money for Air Namibia. In the next two weeks, there would be a forum where travel agents will be invited and we talk about Air Namibia and the product we have and the projections for the next few years,” Ohiagu said.
The Nigerian High Commission in the Republic of Namibia who was represented by Uwem Johnson said that there is huge potential market for the airline in Nigeria and expressed the hope that in few months the airline would have daily flight from Windhoek to Lagos.
Spokesman of Air Namibia, Paul Nakawa who represented the management of the airline said it was a dream come true that Air Namibia now operates to Lagos.

“We are happy to come to Nigeria. We are here to stay. Namibia is open to Nigeria and we have a lot of things to offer. The first departure of Air Namibia to Accra from Lagos Nigeria on the 29 of June, 2018 is a special occasion and calls for celebration. This is a major milestone for our airline as we journey forward.

“The creation of Air Namibia has gone a long way in connecting Southern Africa and West Africa. This comes as another option, given the fact that there are other players already in the market. Our objective is to create inter African trade and integration. We launched five routes in a space of three years,” Nakawa said.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/air-namibia-begins-flight-to-nigeria.html

Even Namibia. Who has tht picture of Nigerian Airways plane rusting in Lagos ?
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Caseless: 6:15am On Jul 06, 2018
Nawa! Na only us no get this national honour. Baba is bringing that on stream very soon.

we've always been a big brother to most African nations, but I can't understand why they hate us.

1 Like

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Pavore9: 6:18am On Jul 06, 2018
Giant of Africa for mouth! angry

This route opens up business opportunities for Nigerians who are smart....I have my ideas. wink

2 Likes

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 06, 2018
angry

Ordinary Namibia oo has a national carrier... meanwhile, Nigeria is busy playing politics with everything.

God pürnish all our leaders from 1960 till date..

3 Likes

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Pavore9: 6:20am On Jul 06, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
I don't travel to dead countries. But I can only travel there because of DILLISH Matthews.

If you know, you know

Is it Nigeria that is up and doing?

1 Like

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by uloewa: 6:20am On Jul 06, 2018
flyca:

I renember one of Buhari's campaign promise was reviving the Nigerian airways. BMC haaafa? undecided

He said he will start by converting presidential fleet to national carrier. Till today- nothing.
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Ogbenisoft28(m): 6:23am On Jul 06, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

If you know, you know

Oh my dear dillish Mathews . I hear say our 6pacs singer don bleep am �lol
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by thunderbabs: 6:24am On Jul 06, 2018
agwom:

After buhari rsettles in daura tending to his cows
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Pavore9: 6:26am On Jul 06, 2018
uloewa:

He said he will start by converting presidential fleet to national carrier. Till today- nothing.

That again will be part of his campaign promises for 2019, he will blame the opposition for the non conversion of the presidential fleet to the national carrier. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by brodalokie: 6:27am On Jul 06, 2018
Make those Namibia tourist come buy our market jare, more money for our traders...

1 Like

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Nigeman: 6:31am On Jul 06, 2018
Idiots are talking rubbish. Hardly one read an objective discuss on Nairaland, they all follow the FTC comment spooling trashes. They will start blaming PMB for their ills.

3 Likes

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by mathew247: 6:32am On Jul 06, 2018
agwom:
unfortunately, there's nothing like air Nigeria.
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:34am On Jul 06, 2018
Ogbenisoft28:

Oh my dear dillish Mathews . I hear say our 6pacs singer don bleep am �lol

Lol. That news is stale bro. Heard she was dating adebayo the footballer. I wanna go tell her a piece of my mind
Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:34am On Jul 06, 2018
Pavore9:

Is it Nigeria that is up and doing?

Is it you awake that's spilling this crap?

2 Likes

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 06, 2018
flyca:

I remember one of Buhari's campaign promise was reviving the Nigerian airways. BMC haaafa? undecided

Which Colorado? Not the US one for sure.

1 Like

Re: Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:37am On Jul 06, 2018
grin grin Giant of Africa my freaking Black Ass

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Makes U-Turn, Says No Timeframe On Resumption Of Emirate Flights / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / FRSC Warns Officers Against Chasing Erring Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.