Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,280 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? (29529 Views)

774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process / Buhari: If You Elect Me, I Shall Serve You To The Best Of My Ability / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by deantimes(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Is Ranching The Solution?

SENATOR Dino Melaye, representing Kogi West at the upper legislative chamber has hit back at President Muhammadu Buhari over his claims that politicians were responsible for ongoing nationwide killings.

Mr Buhari has on several occasions shifted blames to politicians as motivating the killings for their personal gains.

The president first launched his attacks on politicians when he visited Jos, the Plateau state capital, last week.

His media aide, Garba Shehu had quoted the president in a statement as saying that: “desperate people had pursued their quest for instability and chaos which they hoped would give them an advantage in the coming elections”.

Mr Shehu went on to add that: “We know that a number of geographical and economic factors are contributing to the longstanding herdsmen/farmers clashes. But we also know that politicians are taking advantage of the situation. This is incredibly unfortunate.”

On Thursday, Mr Buhari launched his second attack when he played host to a delegation of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) from the 19 northern states at the presidential villa, Abuja.

While describing those accusing him of incompetence the Nigerian leader said his accusers were evil-minded people.

“When some (people), for clearly political purposes, attempt to suggest that this government is doing nothing about the killings, and that I, being Fulani, must be encouraging these satanic acts, it seems to me that there is no limit to the evil in the minds of these men,” he said.

Besides shifting blames when confronted on his failures on national issues, the Buhari administration has on several occasions suggested that cattle ranching was the solution to farmers and herders clashes across the country.

The suggestion has widely been rejected by various states who insisted that they have no land for cattle ranching.

Earlier in the week, the Presidency had told those against providing land for the proposed ranching that submitting their lands for ranching was better than being killed by killer herdsmen.

“Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive. If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter?” Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, queried while speaking on an AIT morning programme in response to a question on people giving out their ancestral attachments.

But reacting, Mr Melaye on Friday threw a question to the president on his claims.

“If PMB said politicians are the cause of the killings. So why is ranching the solution?” he tweeted via his twitter handle.

Read more: https://www.headlineng.com/melaye-buhari-politicians-responsible-killings-why-ranching-solution/

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Obijulius: 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
When I say the combination of Buhari and Osibanjo is foolishness zombies argue.

Imagine if Osibanjo was wise, he will surely advice Buhari with wisdom.

But because he is equally stupid Nigeria is in a mess.

Watch as zombies from west side cry over my describing their ‘wise’ brother as stupid!

If the post of VP is as powerless as some claim, then a conscientious man would resign. Zombies use your head.

299 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by deantimes(m): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good question

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by iloveyou82(f): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2018
What kind of question is this.?
What kind of blackmail is this?

Politicians are taking advantage of the fg ranching support for the herdsmen.

They are hiding inside this crisis, so that this ranches will not be establish.

They are instilling fear in people, in order for the indigenes not to release their land for ranches.

18 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Gloriousgud: 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
good question.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by TOSIN116: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
I bet if bullari will be alive
50 years to come.
tongue

undecided

Don't rejoice 'cause 20% of present day nigerians would have die before
year 2068. cool

1 Like

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by rusher14: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
Because solutions to inter-communal clashes must be sought.

I guess such thoughts are way too advanced for daft Dino to understand.

His comeuppance is near.

8 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Angelparadise: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
The world have not see the most foolish administration like this failure in all ramifications we are having here . it nemesis catching up with them when all the statements realized or spoken by the incompetence ruler must have a self indicated statements or exposing their worst government performance. When will Nigerians be purge from all this ancient dead brains and Fulani tyranny? If this is the best Fulani or the North have it means they are not worthy to live in 21st century.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 07, 2018
BECAUSE YOU POLITICIANS ARE TAKING THE ADVANTAGE OF THEM.

4 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 07, 2018
Buhari may be incompetent but his aides especial Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu are definition of incompetence. undecided

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by brodalikeme(m): 12:30am On Jul 07, 2018
Abeg help me ask that man Oo, he thinks all Nigerians are equally daft. Let him also answer these;
1) If the killers are Libyans, why give the land?
2) Is cattle rearing not private business again, why should the government now fund their operations by building ranches?
3). How will he ( Badbuhari) convince us that the so called herdsmen are willing to stay on ranches. The had refused to obey anti open grazing prohibition laws in Benue, Taraba etc?
4) Must ranches be built on other people’s ancestral lands? What happened to the core north or even Niger state and Kwara state with their land mass and rich vegetation?
5) If the cattle’s can feed on ranches in Benue, they can also feed on ranches in Yobe. The nutrients and pastures the claim the need, will have to be provided and brought to those ranches?

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Oblang(m): 12:53am On Jul 07, 2018
This guy lack sense...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Omololu001: 1:33am On Jul 07, 2018
Oblang:
This guy lack sense...
he asked a very good question

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by SalamRushdie: 1:47am On Jul 07, 2018
With every comment the Buhari govt keeps implicating itself

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:13am On Jul 07, 2018
Just one of the question they should be asking the demonic terrorist of a president....

Here are the critical questions any sane mind free from zombie virus should be asking..

-It is been 2 weeks now since this demon promised to rejig his security setting but nothing has been done yet...Mark my word this useless terrorist is not ready to sack any of his terrorist security chief!!

-Why did Kpotum Idris Ibrahim ordered everybody to surrender their arms even the one legally acquired if your terrorist government has no sinister motive?

-From climate change to drying up of lake chad to Libyan militia to Islamic state of west Africa and now disgruntled politician??..Can you see the Taqiya here just to confuse the populace?

-Why is it that whenever you have sent your terrorist brothers to kill, maim and land grab, you will then send soldiers to prevent villagers from defending themselves only for you to go on a condolence visit; advising the locals to accommodate the terrorist that has grabbed their land and already renaming it??

-Are the disgruntled politician the one that made the now infamous statement your land or your life?

-Are the disgruntled politician the one looking for cattle colony for your terrorist brother?

-Ganduje of Kano has offered Falgore forest which is more than enough to accommodate all herdsman terrorist..Why go about looking for cattle colony all over Nigeria if their is no sinister fulanisation and islamisation agenda?

Buratai(COAS)- Benue should repeal Anti open grazing law
Abdulrahman Dambazzau(Interior Min.) - They should stop the Anti open grazing law
Ibrahim Idris(IGP)- It is communal clash, they should repeal Anti grazing law
Mansur Dan Ali(Defense Min.)- When they blocked the cattle route what do you expect the herdsman to do now?? They have to fight back....they should repeal Anti grazing law
Presidency-Your land or your life

If you are free from the zombie virus and not BMC member what other evidence do you need to know that this is a state sponsored terror to land grab, fulanise and islamise Nigeria?

Buhari and his gang of terrorist security chief have only come to kill, steal and destroy..Pure and simple!!.

159 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by selemempe: 4:42am On Jul 07, 2018
iloveyou82:

They are instilling fear in people, in order for the indigenes not to release their land for ranches.
Mr man the question is simple: who is responsible for the killings?

If it is politicians then why is the solution cattle colonies? Why not investigate and arrest the politicians instead?

U know its funny u all called for gej's head wen he hinted that politicians were behind boko haram. Every mistake gej ever made in his 5 yr rule, buhari has made in his 3. If u guys reelect buhari then its over for nigeria

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by chimeee: 5:46am On Jul 07, 2018
brodalikeme:
Abeg help me ask that man Oo, he thinks all Nigerians are equally daft. Let him also answer these;
1) If the killers are Libyans, why give the land?
2) Is cattle rearing not private business again, why would the government now fund their operations by building ranches?
3). How will he ( Badbuhari) convince us that the so called herdsmen are willing to stay on ranches. The have refused to obey anti open grazing prohibition laws in Benue, Taraba etc?
4) Must ranches be built in other people’s ancestral lands? What happened to the core north or even Niger state and Kwara state with their land mass and rich vegetation?
5) Is the cattle’s can feed on ranches in Benue, the can also feed on ranches in Yobe. The nutrients and pastures the claim the need will have to be provided and brought to those ranches?

I wish I can like this more than once

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by magoo10(m): 6:10am On Jul 07, 2018
Good question
Does it mean the dullard is building ranches for Gaddafi trained terrorist.

Buhari is deceiving himself and gullible zombies

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by lastmessenger: 6:10am On Jul 07, 2018
iloveyou82:

Nobody is afraid to release land but release land to who ? Fulani? Who are widely known for the penchant for trouble and their militia known as the fourth most dangerous terrorist group in the world. You can't go about killing with the backing of the government and expect people to receive you with open arms.
The Fulani's are like enemies of the whole Nigeria and nobody wants to have anything to do with them.

44 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:11am On Jul 07, 2018
A million dollar questions that needs an answer, but will Buhari answer it? NO! Because, he has something under his sleeve.

The world hasn't experienced a useless administration that loves blood of her citizens like this before

35 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Twistsss: 6:19am On Jul 07, 2018
TOSIN116:
I bet if bullari will be alive
50 years to come.
tongue

undecided

Don't rejoice 'cause 20% of present day nigerians would have die before
year 2068. cool

Life expectancy in Nigeria is about 53yrs. Move your % up to 80

2 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Bossontop(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2018
undecided
As who to blame don finish now na politicians turn

16 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by uwa1(m): 7:07am On Jul 07, 2018
Don't mind him... Always looking for excuse...

4 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by saaron(m): 7:16am On Jul 07, 2018
The genocide in middle belt is a FULANI EXPANSIONIST AGENDA TO EXTERMINATE NATIVES AND TAKE OVER THEIR ANCESTRAL LAND THROUGH GRAZING COLONIES PROPOSED BY BUHARI'S TERRORIST GOVT. Any other reason is a LIE!

BREAKING NEWS! BUHARI'S TERRORIST GOVT ARE CURRENTLY IMPORTING FOREIGN FULANIS FROM NIGER REP AND OTHER WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND THEIR COWS INTO THE COUNTRY IN SECRET THROUGH NORTHERN BORDERS TO SOUTHERN NIGERIA IN TRAILER TRUCKS AT NIGHT! THEY PLAN TO FLOOD SOUTHERN NIGERIA WITH AS MANY COWS AS POSSIBLE AS YOU MUST HAVE ALREADY NOTICED THEIR INFLUX IN SOME SOUTHERN STATES LIKE LAGOS, DELTA, AKWAIBOM, EDO, EBONYI ETC.
THEIR PLAN B TO REALIZE GRAZING COLONIES FOR FULANIS ALL OVER NIGERIA RIGHT NOW IS TO IMPORT AND TRANSPORT THOUSANDS OF COWS AS POSSIBLE TO MAJOR CITIES IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA UNTIL THERE IS COMPLETE BREAKDOWN OF LAW AND ORDER - TO PAVE WAY FOR COW COLONIES! MOST OF THE HERDSMEN YOU SEE IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA ARE FOREIGNERS!!!!
IF ANY THING HAPPENS, HOLD BUHARI'S TERRORIST GOVT RESPONSIBLE.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Ziggylady(f): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2018
This is actually a good question from Dino Melaye...APC zombies over to you

10 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by romenna: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2018
This garba shehu n his northern elements are pigs for describing the killings by herdsmen as herdsmen/farmers clashes.
Herdsmen are the aggressors, encroachers, trespassers and interlopers by grazing on farmlands that doesn't belong to them.
That is an act of criminality.
If armed robbers comes to my house to steal from me, and I have the means to defend myself I Will.
No one should describe that as armed robbers/citizens clashes.
It doesn't make any sense!

10 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by Redoil: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2018
Why is it that my yoruba brothers hate condeming the killing going on in the middle belt

6 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by moriss33(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2018
1) If the killers are Libyans, why give them land?
2) Is cattle rearing not private business again, why would the government now fund their operations by building ranches?
3). How will he (buhari) convince us that the so called herdsmen are willing to stay on ranches. The have refused to obey anti open grazing prohibition laws in Benue, Taraba etc?
4) Must ranches be built in other people’s ancestral lands? What happened to the core north or even Niger state and Kwara state with their land mass and rich vegetation?
5) If the cattle’s can feed on ranches in Benue, they can also feed on ranches in Yobe. The nutrients and pastures they claim the need will have to be provided and brought to those ranches..... Oga Pls use your brain for once... stop with the foolishness...its appalling.
supportnija:
BECAUSE YOU POLITICIANS ARE TAKING THE ADVANTAGE OF THEM.

6 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by kanubiafra: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2018
iloveyou82:

So Where Is The Land You Have Offered So I Can Go There And ranch. What Is Stopping You From Releasing Your Own Land For Them

5 Likes

Re: Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? by 9jaBloke: 7:52am On Jul 07, 2018
Same question I've been asking all week. If Libyan mercenaries, Israeli assassins and political foes were responsible for the killings;

Why is ranching the solution

Why is Miyetti Allah releasing statements

Why did the Presidency say that it's better to give up lands and stay alive

This is beyond APC & PDP. Every progressive-minded, right-thinking Nigerian have to unite on this one.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan Contested Yobe North Primary - Adamu, APC National Chair / Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy / What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.