Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,265 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Why You MUST Discover Your Career And Find Purpose - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You MUST Discover Your Career And Find Purpose (377 Views)

How Can I Find Purpose In Life? / Add This To Your Career And Insulate Yourself From Unemployment. / Don’t Find Purpose, Let Your Purpose Find You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You MUST Discover Your Career And Find Purpose by GMartyns(f): 12:25am On Jul 07, 2018
One thing is certain: and that's the fact that you can not remain an employee forever (in case you're one). And when the time comes to let go of that position, what next?

At the end;

Would you say that's all there is to your life?

Would you be glad with the results you've achieved?

Would you be fulfilled that you have lived your life not only for salary, but, making impact in many lives?

I smile when people talk about retirement. What many people call retirement today is simply a change of vocation and location, after spending years on one they were never fulfilled with.

Nobody wants to retire from what actually fulfils him or her.

Do you have the luxury of time to read the story below?

“I’m 28 years old and these days I feel like I’m floating in the middle of the ocean with nothing to grasp onto and no shoreline in sight. I’m just treading water trying to stay alive.

I’m fortunate enough to be born into a situation where I have a supportive family, I was able to graduate college with an engineering degree, and I have a good job with benefits. On the surface my life looks great,but I feel a sense of hopelessness when I think about my life’s purpose. I know I’m privileged in
comparison to most of the people in this world, but it’s mostly material privilege.

How can I have so much of my life figured out and still feel as if there is just no point to any of it? Is this all there is to my life?

Do I have another 40 years of my life or so of paying bills and then a cold hole in the ground to look forward to? I know in my mind that I should be thankful for all I have at my age, but I just can’t
seem to shake the feeling that I’m wasting it all as a worker bee. I’ll put a smile on my face, brush my teeth in the morning, and continue going to work,
but what can I do to shake this feeling of no direction, no purpose, and no real human experience?

Please help. — I’m lost in my mind.”

- Anonymous

The story you just read clearly validates the fact that a man who hasn’t discovered himself yet or the purpose for his existence; that no matter how engaged he is in activities, though profitable, will NEVER find meaning for his life.

https://sharingwithmartins..com/2018/07/why-you-must-discover-you-and-find.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Make More Money With Your Book / How To Start Making At Least 50k A Month With Your Phone / Career Thoughts/decision. Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.