Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News (1117 Views)

Ekweremadu’s A Good Example For Nigerian Politicians —saraki / I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari / South-south: A Worthy Example In Regional Cooperation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Nchara: 1:35am On Jun 10, 2010
Chevron staff ,others nabbed for kidnapping
09 June, 2010 03:28:00 Our Reporter
Font size:
A staff of Chevron Unlimited, Mr. Omotayo Mobolaji Johnson who allegedly recruited persons to kidnap the son of a bank executive (name withheld) has been nabbed by police in Lagos.

The Chevron geologist and two others including his hatchet men, Tommy Ebikeme and Edward Anighoro were arrested while planning to kidnap their victim.

Police also recovered the two vehicles, an infinity Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and A Kia Sportage with registration number RJ 58 KJA allegedly used by the suspects to monitor the movement of their victim preparatory to his botched kidnap

Parading the suspects before newsmen at the Command’s headquarters Ikeja,Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo, said the arrest has proved that the security network in the state was effective.

He said the Chevron staff purportedly recruited Ebikeme from Niger Delta with a promise to pay him and other accomplices including a lady identified as Anita N10 million, if the kidnap was successful.

The Chevron staff whose basic salary is put at about N1.2 million per month planned to demand a ransom of N50million from the parents of the victim

‘’Preliminary police investigation revealed that the kidnap plot was hatched and masterminded by Johnson, a geologist with Chevron Plc whose wife works in one of the companies owned bt the father of the target victim. The suspect working with the aid of a female accomplice ,one Anita now at large had recruited other suspects from the Niger Delta to carry out the actual kidnap . The men were promised a cash reward of N10 million from a windfall of N 50million expected to be made from the illicit deal, if the victim was successfully taken to Ibadan,’’ police chief Akpoyibo said the suspect had several meetings at different locations, both in and out of Lagos including Hunters Restaurant located at Ladipo Kuku street, Ikeja and Million Dollar Hotel, Gbagada. He said the principal suspect, Johnson already paid N250,000 to his recruits.

"Police investigations revealed that throughout the course of his dealings with the other suspects, the principal suspect never disclosed his real names, rather, he assumed a pseudo name, Olumide. This was obviously to deceive his co-conspirators and effectively hide his true identity.

He also made sue that the contracted suspects never got to know his house or his place of work," he said.

Akpoyibo said police also recovered sleep-inducing drugs which they planned to inject boy after kidnapping.
http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=32694
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Jun 10, 2010
uummm . . . you would have to show exactly WHERE I posited( IN MY OWN EXACT WORDS) that Poverty is MOTIVATION for KIDNAP . . . why people like you INJECT your delusions into posts and then THINK you are in the right attacking those whose posts you misconstrue. What the heck is up with you people on here? Why is READING now a problem to a people whose LINGUA FRANCA happens to be English?
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by AloyEmeka5: 4:30am On Jun 10, 2010
This is pure greed and the guy should get a life sentence. In a country where over 70% live in poverty, someone who makes 1.2M per month is planning to kidnap others? WT- FreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaKING- Fucc?   
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Osama10(m): 4:43am On Jun 10, 2010
The guy is really really greedy, with a basic pay of 1.2M with other allowance in the year to go with it.

God save thee soul from hands of the evil men.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 10, 2010
in a way, i'm not really suprised that a chevron staff would be engaging in this sort of thing.

one of the tragedies of nigeria is that we have criminals in the work place. there is no way t execute background checks etal and you can be sure that some organization have inducted cult members as staff.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2010
oyb:

in a way, i'm not really suprised that a chevron staff would be engaging in this sort of thing.

one of the tragedies of nigeria is that we have criminals in the work place. there is no way t execute background checks etal and you can be sure that some organization have inducted cult members as staff.

Do you mean university cults or societal cults? If you mean university cults, then with the number of cult members who graduate each year from Nigerian universities, it is highly conceivable that a good number of them are in employment working for reputable companies. Having said that, many cult guys, upon graduating from University, become responsible members of society. It is only the never-do-wells who continue to act like urchins even after graduating. Besides, I don't see how being in a cult will result in some attempting to kidnap another human for money. The guy earns in excess of 14 million a year. He is just plain greedy. If the victim was going to be used for a ritual, then I might agree that belonging to a cult was the catalyst for his actions.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 9:02am On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

uummm . . . you would have to show exactly WHERE I posited( IN MY OWN EXACT WORDS) that Poverty is MOTIVATION for KIDNAP . . . why people like you INJECT your delusions into posts and then THINK you are in the right attacking those whose posts you misconstrue. What the heck is up with you people on here? Why is READING now a problem to a people whose LINGUA FRANCA happens to be English?

Are you insinuating that all speakers of English language now have problems reading it based on the actions of some?
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by edoyad(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2010
[size=16pt]ROTFLMAO[/size]
grin grin . @op , did you really have to put your targets name in the thread title
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

Do you mean university cults or societal cults? If you mean university cults, then with the number of cult members who graduate each year from Nigerian universities, it is highly conceivable that a good number of them are in employment working for reputable companies. Having said that, many cult guys, upon graduating from University, become responsible members of society. It is only the never-do-wells who continue to act like urchins even after graduating. Besides, I don't see how being in a cult will result in some attempting to kidnap another human for money. The guy earns in excess of 14 million a year. He is just plain greedy. If the victim was going to be used for a ritual, then I might agree that belonging to a cult was the catalyst for his actions.

there was this incident where i work. . .one oga was basically conniving with a contractor to supply used products to the company as new. i was asked to certify the products. i took pictures , made my report, circulated it. the purchase was cancelled - the oga was very very pised, and some guys in the comapny told me i shld make sure i don't go anywhere near ph - which was where all this occured, as the manager is a former cult capo, and there was every posibility he and the contractor would arrange to have me dealt with

also, most bank robberies always have insider info. i even remember a friend who told me about how he as a youth corper went to the bathroom with his colleague, where the guy removed shirt and showed scrs. apparently the guy was a cult guy from school, and seriously pissed at being at the bottom of the chain in the banking environment. he had had it up to there with ogas who he would be bossing around in a different environment harassing him.

anyway, two months later, police came and arrested the guy.

apparently the guy had e=been in an armed robbery gang in aba or thereabouts while awaiting nysc.

we even had a diff case a few years back - a youth corper attached to my unit was using peoples am cards to make online purchases.

the long and short of it, leopards don't change heir spots, imho.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2010
oyb:

there was this incident where i work. . .one oga was basically conniving with a contractor to supply used products to the company as new. i was asked to certify the products. i took pictures , made my report, circulated it. the purchase was cancelled - the oga was very very pised, and some guys in the comapny told me i shld make sure i don't go anywhere near ph - which was where all this occured, as the manager is a former cult capo, and there was every posibility he and the contractor would arrange to have me dealt with

also, most bank robberies always have insider info. i even remember a friend who told me about how he as a youth corper went to the bathroom with his colleague, where the guy removed shirt and showed scrs. apparently the guy was a cult guy from school, and seriously pissed at being at the bottom of the chain in the banking environment. he had had it up to there with ogas who he would be bossing around in a different environment harassing him.

apparently the guy had e=been in an armed robbery gang in aba or thereabouts while awaiting nysc.

we even had a diff case a few years back - a youth corper attached to my unit was using peoples am cards to make online purchases.

the long and short of it, leopards don't change heir spots, imho.

hahahaha
The only common factor in all what you stated is that they are Nigerians. Non-cult members also act in such manner; poverty, greed, etc motivates some Nigerians to act in that manner. For some, such activities come naturally because of antecedents as cult members while others just learn on the go. Not all the politicians in Nigeria today attended university, talk less of being in cults but most of them engage in all kinds of clandestine activities.

Oyb na jew man, you still dey fear capo? hahahaha
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2010
edoyad:

[size=16pt]ROTFLMAO[/size]
grin   grin  . @op , did you really have to put your  targets name in the thread title
exactly what's on my mind.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by AndreUweh(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2010
That particular capo may be evil, but should not be a generalization. I know one capo in London who has used his law chamber to bring justice to so many Nigerians who have been denied justice in the UK without asking for fees.
Some have assisted Nigerians with getting jobs, accommodation etc. A lot of them are heaven sent.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2010
Andre Uweh:

That particular capo may be evil, but should not be a generalization. I know one capo in London who has used his law chamber to bring justice to so many Nigerians who have been denied justice in the UK without asking for fees.
Some have assisted Nigerians with getting jobs, accommodation etc. A lot of them are heaven sent.

Correct, I know so many capos and most are very nice now while there are those who choose to remain evil. grin
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by edoyad(m): 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

Correct, I know so many capos and most are very nice now while there are those who choose to remain evil. grin

I'm honestly trying to rationalise what you've been stating here but the more i try the more ludicrous your view becomes. You know "capos" who are helpful is that so ? Well go to alqaeda captains village and hear how helpful they are to the communities. Infact just google dudus from jamaica and read of how a whole community are willing to die to known drug dealer who might be responsible for the death of many people.
This type of backward mindset of justifying maleficence because one benefits from it is what keeps this forsaken country in a sh¡t hole.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
edoyad:

I'm honestly trying to rationalise what you've been stating here but the more i try the more ludicrous your view becomes. You know "capos" who are helpful is that so ? Well go to alqaeda captains village and hear how helpful they are to the communities. Infact just google dudus from jamaica and read of how a whole community are willing to die to known drug dealer who might be responsible for the death of many people.
This type of backward mindset of justifying maleficence because one benefits from it is what keeps this forsaken country in a sh¡t hole.

Listen and listen good; don't ever take such a tone with me; I wont be so kind next time. Make sure you engage your brain before you ever take up issues with me.

Is English comprehension your problem or are you now blind? Are you so afraid of Andrew Uweh that you direct your crap towards me? Where did I state that I know capos who are helpful? I stated that I know some capos who are nice while there are those who are still evil.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Katsumoto:

Are you insinuating that all speakers of English language now have problems reading it based on the actions of some?

Katsumoto:

Listen and listen good; don't ever take such a tone with me; I wont be so kind next time. Make sure you engage your brain before you ever take up issues with me.

Is English comprehension your problem or are you now blind? Are you so afraid of Andrew Uweh that you direct your crap towards me? Where did I state that I know capos who are helpful? I stated that I know some capos who are nice while there are those who are still evil.

[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]
  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Still, I didn't accuse all speakers of English Language of lacking reading skills; I only asked one chap if he has comprehension problems. I get your point nevertheless.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Still, I didn't accuse all speakers of English Language of lacking reading skills; I only asked one chap if he has comprehension problems. I get your point nevertheless.
Neither did I! undecided
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by AloyEmeka5: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2010
oyb:

we even had a diff case a few years back - a youth corper attached to my unit  was using peoples am cards to make online purchases.

the long and short of  it, leopards don't change heir spots, imho.

Cult or no cult, Southern Nigerians are inherently greedy due to the pressure imposed on them by society. As long as success is measured by how much money we have, this culture of greed will continue to exist.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by OAM4J: 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobo and Katsu

I beg it is aerly morning here, I shouldnt be laughing like this, people around will think am not serious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by AloyEmeka5: 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
It is not funny. How can someone who is excessively comfortable be doing a thing like this?. By the time they finish with him in jail and he stays out of job for long, he will understand the real poverty. I don't think he was jobless for a while before getting employment. May be Chevron hired him straight from school or he is one of these UK returnees.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by edoyad(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
Okay, Andre says
Andre Uweh:

then our linguistics genius follows with
. . . .
Katsumoto:

Now please, can NL please help me understand which of these two posters implied that most his "capos" are nice and helpful fellas ?

But our genius returns a post later to say he didn't say capo's are helpful and he only mentioned that "some capos" are nice. Mean while he forgot he started his post with "correct", in acquiescence to everything in the preceding post.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Nenum(m): 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2010
It is simple:

there is no rule that states, while people act a certain way at any point in ones life.

Every reaction has a given trigger factor which varies in individual, based on and not restricted to the following

*past experience
*current experience and situation
*based on heritage/ background/surrounding
*exposure/belief/will
* most importantly state of mind at the time of the action (this is key, as one min could re-write history).

Please don't ask a Nigerian or better still don't ask NL user's on why the west believe and spend so much to study psychological behavioural pattern and traits
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by FACE(m): 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2010
Posted by: edoyad
Insert Quote
Okay, Andre says

Quote from: Andre Uweh on Today at 11:09:16 AM

. . . .

Quote from: Katsumoto on Today at 12:08:37 PM
Correct, I know so many capos and most are very nice now while there are those who choose to remain evil.

Now please, can NL please help me understand which of these two posters implied that most his "capos" are nice and helpful fellas ?

But our genius returns a post later to say he didn't say capo's are helpful and he only mentioned that "some capos" are nice. Mean while he forgot he started his post with "correct", in acquiescence to everything in the preceding

Edoyad, dat one na right under the bus you troway am. Sofly sofly make person no go hang himself.

People no know say sincerity na the only way to not get entangled in dem own web, because dem no need to remember the last thing dem talk in order to remain consistent. If dem send dem make dem go espionage , na so dem go just catch dem.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
edoyad:

Okay, Andre says
. . . .

But our genius returns a post later to say he didn't say capo's are helpful and he only mentioned that "some capos" are nice. Mean while he forgot he started his post with "correct", in acquiescence to everything in the preceding post.

Lets see whether your problem is reading, comprehension, or maturity.
Oyb stated that a guy was going to be dangerous because he was a capo in school. I tried to dissuade him from thinking in that manner by alluding that not all cult boys were bad and that not all criminals were cult boys. I believe all reasonable people can agree with that allusion. Andrew then proceeded to tell us that he knows a former capo who is very helpful these days in London. I agreed with a position in his statement by stating that I know some nice capos and some capos who are still evil. Now I ask, 'was I agreeing with him that all capos were helpful or was I affirming a statement that I made earlier that some cult members now become responsible members of society? Let me know if I am moving too fast for your brain.

Katsumoto:

Katsumoto:

hahahaha
The only common factor in all what you stated is that they are Nigerians. Non-cult members also act in such manner; poverty, greed, etc motivates some Nigerians to act in that manner. For some, such activities come naturally because of antecedents as cult members while others just learn on the go. Not all the politicians in Nigeria today attended university, talk less of being in cults but most of them engage in all kinds of clandestine activities.

Oyb na jew man, you still dey fear capo? hahahaha

edoyad:

Am I missing something? Where in the above did I justify maleficence? If you are frustrated with life or if they sent you to me, tell them you didn't meet me.

Secondly, can i deduce from your logic that once an individual is involved in clandestine activities, he can no longer discharge his duties as a citizen in a civil manner? I reached that conclusion because you went about comparing university cult members with alqaeda captains and drug dealers. Your analogy was daft and illogical. I say that because we know that there are cult members who are now professors, doctors, bankers, engineers, etc. In the same vein, there are probably cult boys who are now fraudsters, robbers, and assassins. Has it occured to you that there were individuals who joined cults innocently or that bad people can turn a new leaf? If I am missing the point you were trying to make initially with your unprovoked attack, then please educate me. Perhaps, you have reason to be seriously bitter with life but not all dots connect and there is no corrolation between what Oyb and I were discussing and your analogy.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Katsumoto: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2010
FACE:

Edoyad, dat one na right under the bus you troway am. Sofly sofly make person no go hang himself.

People no know say sincerity na the only way to not get entangled in dem own web, because dem no need to remember the last thing dem talk in order to remain consistent. If dem send dem make dem go espionage , na so dem go just catch dem.

When people try to pick fights at any costs, they lose the ability to reason rationally.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by AndreUweh(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

When people try to pick fights at any costs, they lose the ability to reason rationally.
Word.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Jun 11, 2010
^^ This is from someone who himself goes around picking fights and insulting people willy-knilly to get attention as much as a rational reason for his tantrums. [size=13pt]

ROFLMAO!!
[/size]

Why, oh why, do you folks make it sooooo easy  . . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by AloyEmeka5: 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
By the time this guy finishes his prison sentence and stay jobless for years, he will regret the day he was born.
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by desgiezd(m): 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2010
This guy will die of greed. If those boys and girls hawking wares in traffic under the sun and rain are contended with their little gains, why would someone with a basic salary of #1.2m be planning such evil?
Re: Kobojunkie, Poverty Is Not A Motivation To Kidnap- See Good Example In This News by edoyad(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2010
desgiezd:

This guy will die of greed. If those boys and girls hawking wares in traffic under the sun and rain are contended with their little gains, why would someone with a basic salary of #1.2m be planning such evil?

Sometimes it's the nature of the person and not their situation that drives them into such. Read @nenum's post and you'll see a lot of sense in what he says about investing in behavioural science.

(1) (Reply)

Multiple Auto Accident: Jonathan Orders Investigation / Illegal Removal Of Banbangida's Campaign Billboards By Jonathan / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plans $232 Million Bond For Expansion In Sugar Cane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.