Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 (36203 Views)

Army Announces Panel Members To Investigate Military Conduct During Ekitigate / EFCC Arrests BGL Boss, Okumagba Over Alleged N28.9bn Fraud - Punch / Buhari To Earn N14 Million As Annual Salary, Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by evil666(m): 1:46am On Jun 10, 2010
THE Director-Genral of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier-General Maharazu Tsiga, has assured that the Federal Government will look into better welfare and security for corps members posted to various states of the country.

The NYSC boss, speaking with journalists after the opening ceremony of the NYSC 2010 Batch “B” pre-orientation course workshop which was held on Wednesday at Maiduguri International Hotel, Borno State, on the need for increase in corps members allowances, assured that whatever he took to the president, in terms of welfare and security, would be looked into.

“When I observed this issue of welfare particularly, I wrote a letter to Salary and Wages Commission. I wrote a letter to them and not only the letter, I recommended that corps members’ allowances should be looked at, as Grade Level 7, Step 1, which is equivalent to about N28,000 to N29,000.

“I am assuring you that by the special grace of God, as the federal workers are getting increase in their salaries and allowances, the corps members are also going to gain more than even the workers,” he said.

The state governor, Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff, also promised to improve on the welfare of corps members posted to various councils in the state.

Governor Sheriff said during his tour of the 27 local government areas of the state, he observed that corps members were doing well in their places of assignments, adding that he saw them everywhere, rendering services to the people in their locality.

The governor, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Ambassador Baba Jidda, at the workshop, said the corps members deserved the best in return for their service in the state.

Governor Sheriff said he would continue to appreciate the achievements of the scheme in the state, while he also called on the Federal Government to reposition the scheme by ensuring better remuneration or allowances for corps members.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/6627-fg-ll-ensure-better-welfare-security-for-corps-members-nysc-dg
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by Beaf: 3:10am On Jun 10, 2010
Whats the point of increased wages if innocent girls are ra'ped to death for wearing trousers by those who feel that women are second class humans? Security is more important; it is an urgent matter that needs to be addressed by more than just the odd, vague reference.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by Osama10(m): 4:44am On Jun 10, 2010
This is bad news, scrap the shit called NYSC.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by DisGuy: 7:08am On Jun 10, 2010
Just a ploy to make student more interested in NYSC, they are always looking to increase civil service salary, nysc benefits blah blah blah
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by sley4life(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2010
Na 2 day Yash dey back
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by ObamaUS: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2010
If this is true,i better go for NYSC the second time, grin
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by abujaddan: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2010
wats d worst dat can hppen n the place of prmary asinmt highest thy will just complain , bos we work too much 4 a corper
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by moag(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000
« on: Today at 01:46:27 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE Director-Genral of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier-General Maharazu Tsiga, has assured that the Federal Government will look into better welfare and security for corps members posted to various states of the country.

The NYSC boss, speaking with journalists after the opening ceremony of the NYSC 2010 Batch “B” pre-orientation course workshop which was held on Wednesday at Maiduguri International Hotel, Borno State, on the need for increase in corps members allowances, assured that whatever he took to the president, in terms of welfare and security, would be looked into.

“When I observed this issue of welfare particularly, I wrote a letter to Salary and Wages Commission. I wrote a letter to them and not only the letter, I recommended that corps members’ allowances should be looked at, as Grade Level 7, Step 1, which is equivalent to about N28,000 to N29,000.

“I am assuring you that by the special grace of God, as the federal workers are getting increase in their salaries and allowances, the corps members are also going to gain more than even the workers,” he said.

The state governor, Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff, also promised to improve on the welfare of corps members posted to various councils in the state.

Governor Sheriff said during his tour of the 27 local government areas of the state, he observed that corps members were doing well in their places of assignments, adding that he saw them everywhere, rendering services to the people in their locality.

The governor, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Ambassador Baba Jidda, at the workshop,  said the corps members deserved the best in return for their service in the state.

[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
NA  TODAY?WHY BE SAY  NA ONLY  SENATORS,REPS AND OTHER POLITICIANS  GO DEY
CHOP THE  GOODIES!A BEG MAKE THEM NO LOOK THE  PROPOSAL  THE SECOND TIME .EVEN  THE MONEY THEY TOO SMALL  SELF.GOOD  GO BLESS  SOME OF THEM WEY GET CONSCIENCE SAY MAKE SOCIAL SECURITY (#15,000 OR #10,000) MONTHLY  ALLOWANCE DEY FOR UNEMPLOYED AND AGED PEOPLE.GOVERNJMENT SHOULD PLS CONSIDER IT ALONG WITH CIVIL SERVANT  WAGE INCREASE!UNLESS  WE WON PUT FIRE ONTOP OF ROOF THEY SLEEP.PEOPLE DEY VEX FOR STREET  JARE.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by wazobiang: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
dem go pay balance to former youth corpers?
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by oge4real(f): 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2010
Whats good about that?
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by evil666(m): 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
ObamaUS:

If this is true,i better go for NYSC the second time, grin

lol
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by samcc30(m): 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
thought is police thanks
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by gregejige: 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^^ NYSC members, not Police corporals

cheesy
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by jokingmary(m): 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
As from today onwards, I am now a corper, automatically
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by Tcrack(m): 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2010
i wonder what i will do with 29k per month .thumbs up for those resillient coppers. e go better. cry cry cry
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by eros(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
Rubbish!!!! NYSC should be scrapped, annulled, destroyed, canceled, whatever that needs to be done to make it non-existent, that is what the President needs to do and not increase their wage. Rubbish!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by oseiwe(m): 5:37am On Jun 11, 2010
Make dem implement fast jor.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by md4real(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2010
eros:

Rubbish!!!! NYSC should be scrapped, annulled, destroyed, canceled, whatever that needs to be done to make it non-existent, that is what the President needs to do and not increase their wage. Rubbish!!!! angry angry angry angry
Why?
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by md4real(m): 7:49am On Jun 11, 2010
evil666:

The governor, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Ambassador Baba Jidda, at the workshop, said the corps members deserved the best in return for their service in the state.

Governor Sheriff said he would continue to appreciate the achievements of the scheme in the state, while he also called on the Federal Government to reposition the scheme by ensuring better remuneration or allowances for corps members.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/6627-fg-ll-ensure-better-welfare-security-for-corps-members-nysc-dg
PURE POLITICAL RANTS! Nothing good will ever come out of notice me talk. It just a propaganda.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by 1forall: 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
evil666:

I never heard of a pre-orientation course workshop before now, at the Maiduguri Int'l Hotel? Hmm. . . !

But really, they should just announce the increment, not their 'intention' to 'look into' the matter. We all know we have hypocrites and rogues in positions of power and I feel the statement was just for its apparently calming effect on corpers to be posted to that state - wasnt it the same state a corper was murdered sometime ago?

Bottom-line they should scrap the da.mn scheme because:
[list]
[li]It hasnt achieved any positive purpose in its 37 years - still no national integration[/li]
[/list]

But I know they wont because:
[list]
[li]It is a sure and regular conduit of diverting and distributing govt funds into private pockets - didnt they just start a Batch 'C'?[/li]
[/list]

If you have a different view then I guess it would be safe to assume youre chopping from the NYSC cake too.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by coschuks(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
that will be very very nice. as for those who are against it, i suggest u have a rethink. try to accept good things alright.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by timpaker(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2010
evil666:

Rubbish! just months after my passing out that is when this dude wanna implement this.

well I overheard someone saying if they increased it, they would go back to NYSC and beg to be retained as a corper since there ain't any job around.
as least it is better than nothing.

what do y'all think?
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by Punkky: 11:31am On Jun 18, 2010
hey! i cant wait 4 the money to come. hope it will also affect the pay of this nysc batch a,2010? its bitter for corpers when i see them trekking on the road in villages. really this citizens work so hard for nigeria,but they recieve the lowest pay,not enough to even buy soap monthly.please i thank the government for thinking of increasing their monthly allowance. may god in his infinite mercy bless you and the president and this country,nigeria.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by ud4u: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2010
Ghost NYSC go plentyoo if the thing works out
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by Punkky: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2010
fellow corpers,please be nice 4 once,stop talking jagons. which one is ghost corpers again? dont use ur own words to spoil the mind of the government towards increament of our allowances,u need it just as i do. just keep hands crossed and pray that God should use his servant president Goodluck, to help us.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by Malix: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2010
Exemption letters go decrease o!,many people go wan serve o.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by beefblaze(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2010
Learnt it's starting wif the current batch B!
Gosh , can't wait to bag dat as well wink, including dat of ma place of primary assignment,
I dey aim one kind picanto by the end of this year, grin grin grin grin
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by Top9jajamz: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2010
I beg them don start to dey pay the 28k?
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by becomrich4: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2010
that is more than what I got for a whole year. I did not even get half of that. We were paid , I think N600 per month or so then. which comes up to N7200 in one years. no you people are getting N28,000  . we were paid below minimum wage in nigeria.

When I enter the university of ilorin. Lagos to Ilorin was N10
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by rhymz(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2010
Poster this your news is misleading abeg jor. . .i will be going for service next yr by God's grace, let's hope they actually do it.
Re: Goodnews - Corps Members To Earn Between N28,000 To N29,000 by otokx(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2010
How much do they pay amnesty militants?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

People At A Filling Station With Their Generators In Kebbi State (Photo) / The Moment Peter Obi Arrived At The Venue Of ICAN Annual Conference / Press Release From INEC Saying That They Would Use IREV At All Cost Resurfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.