Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? (23083 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by jurist21(m): 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
stubbornman:
When my Dad retired .... I was just 15

There were days I sat down cried!!

had to drop out in Ss1 because there was no money.

but thank God today I'm a graduate ... through with Nysc stuff.

rented my own apartment last month.

My life is still in process I'm not there yet

Whatever you're going tru in life just have it in mind that one day it will phase away!
your story motivated me
thank you so much
am inspired

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by MrMakaveli20(m): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
jinka:
I'm still confused about life. I'm 30 still under the roof of my parent. although the bungalow was built by my father (retired civil servant). I have been teaching since last year after my NYSC while searching for a better job, most times I get frustrated with the decisions of my father in the house, I have thought of moving out of the house but the problem is that I can't afford to pay for an apartment now because I earn very little in the school I'm currently teaching. I don't know what to do again. I think I need help
The fact that you live with your parents doesn't make you a failure or an under achiever. you are working, tho the pay is small, you are still aiming and striving for a better life by applying for better jobs. Don't be discouraged, keep working, keep applying, you can include home schooling to be able to meet up with your responsibilities. hang in there bro, your day go soon break.

7 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by IAmAmbrose(m): 11:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
MysteryFinder:
This forum should be intresting. So they hav governors. How can I become one too?

bring
head
of
six
months
lizard
and
a
virgin
from
Unlag

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by paris10: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2018
Mine was 4 years ago. Thankful to God for all I've been through. Been to different countries and have lots of experiences. Settled in England, live there for 10 yrs, got the RED passport and moved on. Went to Netherlands, France, Dubai, Ireland, U.S and Canada and waited for God to give me directions.

My 10yrs in England was to many very successful and blissful. But to me, it was like I was living in bondage. I appeared alright to many, driving goods cars and having a good home. But I couldn't keep a job. Each time I got paid from jobs, money seems to disappear. I couldn't pinpoint where or what I've spent the money on. Girlfirend would ask same question. I was working but not seeing the fruit of it. London was a nightmare. I couldn't save. Got to a point where I lost my job and couldn't find another for few years...even with my red P.

Then God ministered and directed my attention to North America (U.S, Canada & Mexico). Mexico was out of it for me, and I settled in one of the 2 remaining. Then my life began. Success upon success, new homes, cars and happiness. Bondage lifted, shackles broken, and happiness flowed in. All glory to God.

God knows where your successes lies. We think we know, but God knows all. Ask him for directions.

Shalom.

14 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
sacluxisback:
No one here in his 30s. Una dey make me feel like agbaya.

Hook or crook by December i go start life.
am 33 bro no mind the lies here, they can make u think waw, i live in a bungalow and two flat detached house my mum built, she not living there, am the only one living there even right now, not married yet, that's doesn't mean life has not started, no one knows when he's going to make it, but that doesn't mean life has not started.

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by TellMeNothing: 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
samuelchimmy:
I was 18 years old when I First paid for a room apartment...... But now I feel like I'm starting from square minus 0 after using up my savings to start school (had to drop out).....

School is a rat race. Go to school because you want attain personal development not because you think its an escape for your poor finances

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
engrrichie92:
Some of you don't realise something..that life is not always black and white, it could be green, orange, rtf
I mean it comes with different variations and twists

I still stay with my Mum and family But technically they stay with me..
Coz I pay the rent and foot the bills..
Paying 2 house rents won't let me leave
Hopefully, these useless government will pay her entitlements and I will be free to go

So...can you say, my life has not started?..huh?

hmm, I think what the op means about when your life started is when you start being fulfilled, doing what makes you happy or THAT big moment in your life when things changed or you decided to become responsible, working with one purpose in mind etc.....

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by SenatorAiyzik: 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2018
Mine started at 13, from a polygamous home when i lost my dad and had to take up the mantle and be a man with nothing to startup with. As the only child i had to make my mother smile and reduce the burden on her so i left home. Guys it wasn't really a nice story. But we are kicking it..now im 24!

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Achillesdam500(m): 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2018
ItzBIM:

Make sure you do proper research don’t just go to a country because ur like their football team.
Thanks
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
dancok:
am 33 bro no mind the lies here, they can make u think waw, i live in a bungalow and two flat detached house my mum built, she not living there, am the only one living there even right now, not married yet, that's doesn't mean life has not started, no one knows when he's going to make it, but that doesn't mean life has not started.

I believe making it is relative.

Because to some its when they have built their first house that they have started. Some its acquiring g-wagon but lets stop using others as yardsticks and improve ourselves.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by ominiriches2016(m): 12:02am On Jul 08, 2018
Mine started at 25 4yrs ago after my National Diploma in Computer Science and Technology. Today am full time graduate and talking care of 2 kids brothers in school; ND1 and HND1. To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Emexicoman(m): 12:14am On Jul 08, 2018
I hawked Akpu/fufu, fresh corn, vegetables, newspapers, pure water every day from 1999-2005 when i reached 18yrs and left secondary school assisting my widowed mum all through. At the age of 18 I was handling all the responsibilities of a father. I payed their rent, money for food, electricity bill. I gave my mum money for her business and my elder sister I paid for her 'freedom' fee as an apprentice and started a business for her(I was 18). Mind u I was working for 19 hours in a day. 3 hours sleep , 30 minutes to go home and fetch food. 30 minutes to bath,brush and get ready for the day. I never felt any pains, I oukked through though I couldn't further my education but those experiences built me into the successful businessman I am now.

12 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 08, 2018
sacluxisback:

I believe making it is relative.

Because to some its when they have built their first house that they have started. Some its acquiring g-wagon but lets stop using others as yardsticks and improve ourselves.
yes, but to me been happy is the mother of everything, the day my wife, kids and i will take a family picture, i think that day am fulfilled, material things of life are vanity upon vanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by stubbornman(m): 12:18am On Jul 08, 2018
jurist21:
your story motivated me thank you so much am inspired
Thanks boss.... stay strong!!

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Timagex(m): 12:31am On Jul 08, 2018
My parents, especially my dad, made sure I started in my late teens. I'm happy I followed the path...God bless my parents cool grin
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by imaeruaka: 1:01am On Jul 08, 2018
just cool

ENTREPRENEURSHIP
*You all will agree with me that for a business to experience success, yielding much more income that the marketing sector or unit of such business or company must be as rigid as ever. That is to say, if such unit functions properly, there’s a greater tendency of such a business to experience success, since marketing is the heart of all business.*
Read more>>> and share
https://www.millitime.com/a-working-marketing-strategy-for-businesses-multiplication/?wpam_id=7

Millitime
Your 247 Career Magazine

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by calcal: 2:38am On Jul 08, 2018
jjbest123:
Mine started at the age of 18,before my secondary school grauduation.I commited a crime with my fellow students by taking extra bread from the food store,via senior students.When the patron heard about it,he reported to the school management,and we were suspended.I went home and my father nearly killed me.Out of fear,i ran away from home,and went and stayed with my senior friend.From there,i stayed doing menial jobs to keep life going,from there i learnt alot,both good and bad,it was there that i learnt about making money online legitimately,and today i have other ventures of mine,and i'm still going forward. Even dad is proud of me now.

I am proud of you too that you never wasted 4 years in the university.
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by jjbest123(m): 2:45am On Jul 08, 2018
calcal:

I am proud of you too that you never wasted 4 years in the university.
Wasted Not really a waste,i later entered school @ the age of 23. Though,i'm doing a business related course to make my mum happy.
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Wiinnd(m): 3:48am On Jul 08, 2018
My advise for you. Quit seeking admission for now, the wisdom you have now is enough for you to become a millionaire. If you get admission now, u may end up graduating by 30+ talk more of NYSC. After that, u become hopeful of getting a job, but the intriguing part I that, you might not get that job, at this point ur age us ticking, you become worried, you look at yourself and say u haven't really achieved much in comparison with ur age mate. But here is another twist to it, if you go learn a trade now, in few years to come, there is a huge possibility that you won't be where you are if you were to go to school. Learning a trade, skill, business with the right attitude usually have this multiplier effect.
wapo:
Me I Be 24years Old About To Clock 25 And I Am Still Seeking For Admission,he Don Tire Me!

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Wiinnd(m): 3:58am On Jul 08, 2018
Oga, how did you own a car if you are not into business or investment? How did you rent a comfortable Bachelors apartment without a business or investment at hand? Did you work to buy the car and rent the apartment ? Did someone dash you the car? Or did you win the car? These are questions begging answers.
morgang:
Oh well, my life really started quite a while. My dad has passed on since 2010. My uncle sponsored my university education degree until it got to 400L. He only pays for my school fees and accommodation (Hostel accommodation on campus)... monthly allowance isn’t included cause I had to fend for myself however it comes.

Somehow towards 300-400L I became wholly dependent on myself and God. I hustled hard and by the grace of God I’m now a corper. I’m 23; I Own a car (just recently) and a comfortable rented apartment for an average bachelor lol... still got a handful of savings but thinking of a good investment and business to do...

My life has always started, I never get a break from it..

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by MrHandsome2013: 4:45am On Jul 08, 2018
ominiriches2016:
Mine started at 25 4yrs ago after my National Diploma in Computer Science and Technology. Today am full time graduate and talking care of 2 kids brothers in school; ND1 and HND1. To God be the glory.
What do you do now bro
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by bewla(m): 6:06am On Jul 08, 2018
jjbest123:
Mine started at the age of 18,before my secondary school grauduation.I commited a crime with my fellow students by taking extra bread from the food store,via senior students.When the patron heard about it,he reported to the school management,and we were suspended.I went home and my father nearly killed me.Out of fear,i ran away from home,and went and stayed with my senior friend.From there,i stayed doing menial jobs to keep life going,from there i learnt alot,both good and bad,it was there that i learnt about making money online legitimately,and today i have other ventures of mine,and i'm still going forward. Even dad is proud of me now.
me to but yet to stand can u teach me some online tricks
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by engrrichie92(m): 6:40am On Jul 08, 2018
Magnoliaa:

hmm, I think what the op means about when your life started is when you start being fulfilled, doing what makes you happy or THAT big moment in your life when things changed or you decided to become responsible, working with one purpose in mind etc.....

At the age of 29, I carried everything I had and went into the street like the biblical Abraham. If you are still living with your parents at old age or if your parents are still responsible for your rent, your life has not started

He inferred it here...
Just wanted to people to know too that...staying with your parents doesn't always make you a boy (like they would always say)
Some of us are the bread winner of the house and just cant leave like that

Paying 400k P.A right now, imagine going to rent another apartment because i want to prove a point...that would be paying close to 800k on rent if not more..(especially with what Lagos houses are saying at the moment)

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by bobogii2008: 6:45am On Jul 08, 2018
MysteryFinder:
My own life began last year at the death of my granddad. We visited our village Igbajo in Osun state. I saw sumtin in his collections that changed my life. I was 25years then.

What did you see??
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2018
jjbest123:
Thank God you took extra bread , had it been you never thief, u wouldn't have achieved big....

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Uzee24: 7:19am On Jul 08, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Mehn....I Was 17...Mums Pet. I Wrote Weac But No Money To Write Jamb. It Became Worse Where There Was No Food To Eat. I Started Walking Up Nd Down. I'll Trekk To A Bottling Company To Go Break Bottle And Offload Bags Of Sand Just To Survive. The Payment Is Montly(depending on how you work). Month End I See #2500.....I Just Hate Life. But Nw, I Thank God

Lolz @ #2500. Did U work at Beta Glass?
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by yoged(m): 7:21am On Jul 08, 2018
MysteryFinder:
My own life began last year at the death of my granddad. We visited our village Igbajo in Osun state. I saw sumtin in his collections that changed my life. I was 25years then.
my mom's home town.igbajo iloro omo alagogo memu. Been there just twice
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by jjbest123(m): 7:22am On Jul 08, 2018
Aarenasbaba:

Thank God you took extra bread , had it been you never thief, u wouldn't have achieved big....
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ,one of those things you see as a boarding student,then we took it as thing,because,our seniors did it and it continued,but when it got to our set,we were punished. In all, everything ended in praise.
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:24am On Jul 08, 2018
Uzee24:

Lolz @ #2500. Did U work at Beta Glass?
No, Sunglass....Those Contractors Een.
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by jjbest123(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2018
bewla:
me to but yet to stand can u teach me some online tricks
During my next free webinar,i will invite you.
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by songzDaniel01(m): 7:44am On Jul 08, 2018
well I'm 24 now and it's not been easy at all for me, I was in 300l when I dropped out of school, cos my dad retired. my parents are divorced, my mum was working while she was with my dad but he stopped her from working ,said she should stay at home and take care of us, we were little at that time, my mum was 23 and dad was 40something ,so u can see why she agreed to stop the working, well years passed ,they had an ish, my dads terrible temper, something I inherited. it's called IED disorder. mum had to leave him before he does something he'd regret. well we re in another state and things ain't moving well for us because Dad has abandoned us, I'm the first out of 5, it's not easy at all, especially peeping and seeing mom crying everyday, praying to God to uplift us, sometimes I wonder if there's a God, if there's he wouldn't let us suffer like this, but when there's life there's hope, I'm grateful for being alive, we don't even know Wah we will eat today, but I'm very sure God will make a way, I sure will wipe those tears from my moms eyes one day

6 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Monogamy: 9:14am On Jul 08, 2018
Officially at the age of 11

I started my first job at the age of 11

I was in JSS2 then

Part time job only on weekend

Apart from school fees and stuffs, no business with my dad relating to money

That I have made me to know how to manage things/ self reliance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Career Jobs Can One Get As A Science Laboratory Tech Graduate (SSLT & ISLT) / Is There Any Advantage Of Having A HSE Certificate? / Buhari To Fire 6000 Workers In FAAN, NAMA NCAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.