Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer (42166 Views)

Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Motorists, Commuters Lament Gridlock / Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by RexTramadol1: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Ambo on federal road?
How many times will he clean baba yansh

Lol u mean say baba dey purge grin grin grin

E fit do am collect money later.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by brojoshua: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
A corrupt people are accursed people. Many woes unto us in Nigeria because we are very very very corrupt. Our being corrupt has left us without any good in Nigeria and has destroyed everything for us. We or almost all of us are wickedly corrupt in Nigeria and by our corruption we have destroyed everything for ourselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by hotspec(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
Scanfrost:
And ambode is working abi!!!! media well done!!
That is a Federal road, Biko scan your frost

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by bookworm: 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
Anybody living in this axis (Apapa Mile 2 satellite town iyanaba to badagry )who for votes ambode in 2019 will receive heavy curses that can only be cleansed by water from
the garden of Eden from me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Almunjid(m): 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
nairaman66:
Atlantic City! How ironic!! Where is Ambode sef??
The guy dey sleep, abeg no wake am 0oo. Lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by greatcrown: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Fashola is working, Nigeria is moving!

I think the picture is sufficient to tell you the direction of movement!!
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Almunjid(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Na only bridge them dey call road for Lagos, that's y government abandoned this road.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by lexy2014: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
SacredMustang:
angry

Yes they are fixing the road... but why must they destroy everything without making another alternative for road users for the meantime? Example is iyana-iba.

[b]Now I heard the contractors has stopped work and to resume after election... [/b]is this how we are to suffer for the next 10months to come?.. must the masses always suffer because the government want to get something right?
my brother, na so Nigeria b oh. This is d usual practice especially in d PDP era. This clearly shows us that buhari & APC aren't better than PDP despite all their noise

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by lexy2014: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
bookworm:
Anybody living in this axis (Apapa Mile 2 satellite town iyanaba to badagry )who for votes ambode in 2019 will receive heavy curses that can only be cleansed by water from
the garden of Eden from me.

that road is a federal road

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Arysexy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
This road fashola claimed he was working on about 8yrs ago when I was in lag is still in deplorable condition? How about d metro line they said will link mile 2 and badagry ?
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by franchasng: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
trychris:
This is supposed to be an international road linking West Africa into Nigeria through Lagos, the commercial hub centre of the economy. You can imagine the huge amount of commerce this road brings into the economy yet, it's in total disrepair!

Maybe we have to invite another western president to visit this part of Lagos which leads to Badagry where iconic historical monuments are located before the situation is salvaged!

Trucks overturn their content due to the state of the road on almost a daily basis not to mention the damage to vehicles which ply this route and yet this road leads to many state and federal institutions! Nigeria, why are you like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqFI-Lt7ib8
it's not only Lagos-Badagry expressway o. 80% of roads in Lagos have collapsed!

Let me list the few I can remember:

1.) Oshodi-Apapa expressway; from Oshodi to Iyanu Itire is going gradually. Mile 2 - Apapa Tincan is complete a write off! angry

2.) Most roads in Mushin and Ilupeju are gone!

3.) All the inter city and inter street roads in Oshodi-mafoluku are death traps!

4.) Ile-Zik - Ikeja Along - Oshodi (Agege Motor Road) is a nightmare

5.) Amuwo-Odofin-Ijesha is gone!

6.) Mazamaza-Monkey village is gone!

In fact in terms of good road, Lagos has collapsed!

Forget the hyping, Lagos is dying, Local Government Chairmen in Lagos are doing nothing. Tinubu has finished Lagos angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by gift01: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
To paint a vivid picture, the worst spot is Iyana Isashi. You can't ply through even with a trailer. If not for the back road Fashola did at Iyana Era, it could have been worse. The road construction won't be complete in the next 5yrs. Let's just keep pressing both govt (Fg and Lasg) to do something

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
Scanfrost:
And ambode is working abi!!!! media well done!!

Ignorance.... Why not get some education before you make comments on public forum. Is Ambode responsible for that road?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by mybestlove(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
No state under APC government is good to write about.

Go to Imo state you regret being a Nigerian.

Ambode and federal government shame on you

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by eberem(f): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
God have mercy. When will one ever hear good news in this our obodo Nigeria kwanu

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by ademoladeji(m): 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
The road is under construction.... I wonder where the collapse is coming from.

We’ll Complete Lagos-Badagry Expressway Expansion By 2019-Ambode Assures

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Thursday assured residents that the ongoing Lagos-Badagry Expressway Expansion project would be completed before the end of 2019.

The Governor, who spoke shortly after embarking on extensive inspection of ongoing projects across the State, said the project was a major economic catalyst for Lagos and therefore his administration was totally committed to seeing it through.

Recalling that his recent visit to Denmark was to finalise plans with APM Terminals to fast-track the commencement of work on the $2.6billion Badagry Deep Sea Port, Governor Ambode said it was important for the road network to be completed within schedule to accommodate the anticipated increase in economic activities within the axis.

“On the part of government, it is imperative that the project is accelerated and completed on schedule. It is a 10-lane expansion project with a provision for rail,” he said.

Governor Ambode said that though the project was awarded to Okokomaiko, his administration was almost at financial close to give it to a concessionaire who is expected to extend the project from Okokomaiko to Seme Border.

“We believe strongly that the contractor has done a good job here. We have given him the right of way and it is our belief that the one that has been awarded should be completed on schedule. I am committed to this project; I am committed to the expansion of the economy of the East axis of Lagos. That is the surest way to go.

“By doing this project, we would also expand the real estate value of this axis and the tourism potentials of the Badagry axis. I am confident that in no time, we should have a complete project before the end of 2019,” he said.

Explaining the progress of work done so far, General Manager of Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC), South West, Mr. Guan Shuai, said extensive work had been done on three Flyovers and Interchange Bridges in Alaba, Agboju and Alakija.

He noted that the challenge of relocating pipes and cables belonging to the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) which hitherto slowed down the project had been resolved through the intervention of Governor Ambode.

While inspecting the stretch of link road from Agbelekale off Ekoro Road to Abesan Estate via Church Street, Giwa and Aboru, Governor Ambode expressed satisfaction with the progress of the project so far, but charged the contractor and supervisors to ensure the delivery of the project within the first quarter of 2017.

The Governor, who was received amidst fanfare by residents who displayed placard of various inscriptions commending him for the project, said the bridge being constructed as part of the project had to be extended from 240meters to 360meters due to the nature of soil in the area.

He said: "Just about five months ago, we were here to see the progress of this project. This road is designed to connect all the people living in the Aboru area to Iyana-Ipaja and also to the LASU-Iba road and all the people living within the Ajasa Community. You will recall also that just about three months ago, we were here to open up the Ajasa Command road and this is another project to complement the opening up of the Alimosho community.

"Like the contractor has promised, we hope to finish this project by the end of January next year. We have also found out that we need to extend this bridge by an additional 120 meters because of the nature of the soil in this area. I had earlier promised that this project would be delivered by the end of this year but I'm pleased with the progress being made on this project. I want to urge the contractors and the supervisors to ensure that we meet the completion date and that within the first quarter of next year, all the people in Alimosho will enjoy this facility," he said.

At Irede Road in Oriade Local Council Development Area (LCDA), Governor Ambode was briefed by the Commissioners for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Ganiyu Johnson and Housing, Mr. Gbolahan Lawal, who narrated the inter-ministerial work being planned for the axis.

Lawal said a 30 hectare land at Ado Trade Fair had already been designated for a 500 Housing Units which would be constructed in partnership with the private sector.

He said the project, which is a transit oriented development, would open up the area for economic activities and real estate, adding that it would complement the 13 stations of the Blue Line Rail Project and 10-lane Lagos-Badagry Express road.

In his response, Governor Ambode expressed displeasure with the state of Irede Road, assuring that work would start on the road within the next four weeks.

He said: "It is very clear that this Irede road is in a very deplorable condition. I have come personally to see it and I have received complaints from people of this community. I also see that the economic value that we stand to benefit from upgrading this road is unquantifiable.

"Beyond the fact that we will open up the road to the Lagos Badagry Expressway, we also intend to expand our housing policy and the rent-to-own scheme to this neighbourhood. So, I like to just clearly state that work would commence on Irede Road within the next four weeks," he said.

http://silverbirdtv.com/uncategorized/30955/well-complete-lagos-badagry-expressway-expansion-by-2019-ambode-assures/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by NoToPile: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
Thank God this thread was opened.

That road is now an eyesore abegii chai.

From Iyana ishashi to market bustop when going towards agabara side, alraine bustop after iyanaera when going towards okoko ( Ferma came to pour coal tar on the other side of the bustop going towards agbara some weeks back). Iyana Era bustop towards Agbara, FRSC bustop before Iyanaera, customs check point after Agbara bridge, some parts of ojuoolowo.

These places have collapsed patapata to even think it's an international road.

That Iyana ishashi is the worst if rain falls na wahala, the terrible part of it all is when there's traffic at Iyana Ishashi, it's ripple effect is felt everywhere even down to IYANA Era because the buses will shunt passing through okoko-alaba-ilogbo or Afromedia and all come out at Iyanaera, it's always chaotic.

I always pray never to get involved in iyanaishai hold up. They should also chase all those trucks at Iyanaishashi, they also contribute to the traffic. angry

Some days back people came back home 3am from Alakija side holdup.
Let Ferma come and patch this road abeg and LASG should do quick with the construction, road that they started since 2008 at orile side.

We are already used to volks barracks traffic which reduced greatly over the years, it's like everything is back to status quo.

I only pity those who work on the Island and live here.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
Governor Ambode is incompetent. He should be impeached!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Empiree: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
Your govt and elected officials see you as less than human. Imagine it took a foreign leader to come to Nigeria before they could fix a road overnight. This shows that govt know the right thing to do. Prayers didn't fix that but action.

It means Nigerians are second class citizens in their own country. Macron is the first Nigerian citizen. And the govt will tell you to keep praying for the better while the idiots loot you dry. You have a long way to go in nija.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by agbangam: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

When God what's to punish a nation he give them ........buhari......

Oga keep quiet, everything shudn't be about PMB, dat road has been bad for over 12yrs and it is a federal road which oga GEJ/PDP with all d oil money couldn't fix. there are thousands of road like dat left undone and you all expect PMB/Fashola to fix all in less than 3yrs, una well done oo. Ambode, dat has refused to do work on dat part of d state shud be blamed, Ambode can atleast do a little patching on it while he talks to Fashola to come fix d road.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by mkoabiola: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
I pity my friend who goes to d island frm iyana era

D bad road has made him look haggard and aged.Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by dozymars(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
Those that ply that road daily should keep raising the alarm on social media, that is why you have a smart phone. The power to end the suffering is in your hands.

Take pictures and post them on the timelines and twitter handle of the Lagos state government, local govt, ferma, ministry of roads, Nairaland, blogs until the leaders respond.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by hugoboss70(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
continentalceo:
But work is going on, on that road sha. I hate APC with a passion, but I must tell you that work has been going on, on that road 6days a week by the chinese construction company. And it's not been easy because of the huge trafic of vehicles and illigal structures around there. They even had to skip a police station opposite ojo barracks after months of deliberation weather to demolish or not. Last time I checked, the construction had reached okoko. I believe by now, it might have passed iyanosashi.
Abeg you report only what you know not hear say. The road is only complete from mile 2 to alakija after that its in bits and pieces. The road totally collapses at iya iba. The chinese contractors abandoned the road almost 2months ago. No work has been done there in more than a month no chinese or there workers are even on site. I cant say why d workers arent there just a lot of hearsay about contract dispute. Please once again report only what ur sure of

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
I can’t live in LAGOS.
If u want to Live long avoid Lagos.
Meanwhile, LONG LIFE is guaranteed to a larger extent with States like:
Cross River.
Akwa Ibom.
Enugu.
Jigawa.
Niger.

I just listed planned states with people who reason with their brains high up.

Don’t think my state was nominated, because my GOVERNOR is the HOD of mortuaries
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by semyman: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

What was the former buffoon doing, if not the sharing you all partook in, I am sure you won't be blaming the present

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Successbay: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
continentalceo:
But work is going on, on that road sha. I hate APC with a passion, but I must tell you that work has been going on, on that road 6days a week by the chinese construction company. And it's not been easy because of the huge trafic of vehicles and illigal structures around there. They even had to skip a police station opposite ojo barracks after months of deliberation weather to demolish or not. Last time I checked, the construction had reached okoko. I believe by now, it might have passed iyanosashi.

I am sure the last time you visited this road was months ago....

I ply this road every week and can authoritatively tell you no work is going on for months... They are yet to even fix iyana-iba not to talk of Okoko!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by xana101: 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
continentalceo:
oga when last did u pass that road!!! They stopped working for more than 4 months now. The road from mile 2 to Agbara is worst than how they met it. I live in Igboelerin after okoko

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Daboomb: 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

But it is only in the South Of Nigeria that you will find this kind of failed Roads, go to the North and see 4-lane roads everywhere, even where you have just five hamlets within 20kms of each other.

Buhari is really trying, at least he is taking good care of Northerners.
Weyrey Prezdent.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Daboomb: 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
semyman:
What was the former buffoon doing, if not the sharing you all partook in, I am sure you won't be blaming the present

Three years afer we booted-out the clueless Buffoon called GEJ, do we still have to keep blaming him and referring to him as the cause of the problems that could and should not take more than one year to solve?

Abeg, it is only bad workman that blames his tools all day.
APC and this satanic Buhari should have fixed roads like the Lagos-Ibadan Express, Lagos- Badagry, Oshodi-Mile 2, Ijebu-Ode-Ore-Beni roads in the last THREE YEARS!

I am talking about THREE YEARS, (not three Months) in the 4yrs life-time of this current administration or are they going to be blaming Jonathan for the next eaight years, for their one Failures and incompetence?

This Buhari and his terrorist Fulani herdsmen have done enough damage, make dem shift abeg.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by desmond2pk: 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
Some people are better when they act as opposition.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by segebase(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2018
Successbay:

I am sure the last time you visited this road was months ago....

I ply this road every week and can authoritatively tell you no work is going on for months... They are yet to even fix iyana-iba not to talk of Okoko!

work have been stopped since April...we workers have been put on redundancy ..staffs too
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
continentalceo:

thank you jare.

alot of ignorance on this thread. this is a project that may run up to ten years. unfortunately, it is on a live road, ie a brownfield project. these issues will be inevitable. it will belong and painful, but we are slowly and surely getting there. the road through orile also looked like this four years ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harrison Chinedu Confirmed By Guinness World Records / Lady Involved In Ghastly Accident Moments After Taking Selfie In A Keke. Photos / Burial Photos Of Taofeeq Oyerinde Fele, Oyo NURTW Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.