Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer (42169 Views)

Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Motorists, Commuters Lament Gridlock / Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
Daboomb:

Three years afer we booted-out the clueless Buffoon called GEJ, do we still have to keep blaming him and referring to him as the cause of the problems that could and should not take more than one year to solve?

Abeg, it is only bad workman that blames his tools all day.
APC and this satanic Buhari should have fixed roads like the Lagos-Ibadan Express, Lagos- Badagry, Oshodi-Mile 2, Ijebu-Ode-Ore-Beni roads in the last THREE YEARS!

I am talking about THREE YEARS, (not three Months) in the 4yrs life-time of this current administration or are they going to be blaming Jonathan for the next eaight years, for their one Failures and incompetence?

This Buhari and his terrorist Fulani herdsmen have done enough damage, make dem shift abeg.

the reconstruction of lagos badagry expreesway is a world bank funded project. it is expected to last more than 10 years. it involves expanding lags badagry expreeway from a 2 lane road to a 10 lane road. the included a metro line.

there are multiple challenges a s expected with large projects. a section was on hold for over 9 months [abule ado ] because they had to engage nnpc on replacement of a PPMC pipeline.

this is not about buhari or apc but about standard project challenges

in particular CCECC are were awarded their part of the project [originally shared among four contractors] at a very very low budget, so they are reluctant to do anything that comes to additional work.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by klassicbiggy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
This is appalling and inhumane

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by harry6th(m): 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
It is a mess, Fashola should be ashamed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by redsun(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Kai, animals in humans skin. You muderfuckers don't deserve donkey carts, not to mention motorized vehicles. Vehicles are not main to be driven like that.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by pafisayo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
Daboomb:

But it is only in the South Of Nigeria that you will find this kind of failed Roads, go to the North and see 4-lane roads everywhere, even where you have just five hamlets within 20kms of each other.

Buhari is really trying, at least he is taking good care of Northerners.
Weyrey Prezdent.

Lol you have a point! The Sad thing is those roads were done by past military HOS and also OBJ did some major ones too but Definately not PMB .
But then once you insult PMB on this platform you are most likely to get likes and people probably won’t care to correct you even if your assumptions are totally wrong
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by honeymix77(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
the suffering on that road is too much, I got home 2 am this morning coming from mile 2 the rain made it even worse. I even met 2 guys that trekked from mile 2 to iyana iba, I was like WTF., it has never been this bad, international route oh, Abeg when French president dey come badagry. when fashola was the governor if FERMA don't patch it on time the Lagos State government usually does it.But this man no get time oh no cosmetic project he dey do, come call press conference.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by hugoboss70(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
oyb:

thank you jare.

alot of ignorance on this thread. this is a project that may run up to ten years. unfortunately, it is on a live road, ie a brownfield project. these issues will be inevitable. it will belong and painful, but we are slowly and surely getting there. the road through orile also looked like this four years ago.
regretable your the ignorant one here. No where did the OP mention construction of the road just its current state. The road has been abandoned by contractors for some reason. The aim of the write up is primarily to call governments attention to ot and resolve whatever issues it has with the contractor. Dont try to subtly introduce politics to the issue at hand. We who stay on that corridor are going through hell and need help from any angle. Thanks for your understanding

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Btruth: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
SacredMustang:
angry

What my eyes see anytime I'm about plying that road ehn, it gives me nightmares before the day I'm going to actually ply that road. sad . The bad spots includes iyana-iba, okoko, Barracks, underbridge (tradefair), alakija, iyana-era, volks.

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun ishilove cup dragnet. Please help us move this to front page so that the government can come to our rescue. Thanks
fear of passing that road (route) is the beginning of nightmare for me sometimes. I tried as much as possible to limit any business dealing on that axis.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Successbay: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
segebase:

work have been stopped since April...we workers have been put on redundancy ..staffs too

Thanks for throwing more light on this...
It's an eyesore that an international route has become a death trap for people who ply the route daily to earn their source of livelihood.

Some months ago, I spent 3 hrs from Volks to Iyana-Iba!
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
hugoboss70:
regretable your the ignorant one here. No where did the OP mention construction of the road just its current state. The road has been abandoned by contractors for some reason. The aim of the write up is primarily to call governments attention to ot and resolve whatever issues it has with the contractor. Dont try to subtly introduce politics to the issue at hand. We who stay on that corridor are going through hell and need help from any angle. Thanks for your understanding

duh. i travel along the corridor everyday at least from 3rd gate to ijora and from third gate to trade fair every other day
try again
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by segebase(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
Successbay:

Thanks for throwing more light on this...
It's an eyesore that an international route has become a death trap for people who ply the route daily to earn their source of livelihood.

Some months ago, I spent 3 hrs from Volks to Iyana-Iba!

if I tell u how many ppl lost there job n more will lose this month n next on that project ..u will b amazed
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by topsyalooma: 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2018
That's the problem when people don't have access to the right information.. Yes the road is a Federal road but an MOU was signed between the state and the federal for the state to embarked on the massive reconstruction of Lagos-Badagry Expressway which is a good concept while the federal govt refund back the money spent..Therefore, Lagos State Govt is in charge of that project.

However, there was a budget for the project this 2018 by the state govt..so is the responsibility of the govt of Mr Akinwunmi Ambode to release funds for the project so that, the project can be completed.

Personally we politicized everything in this country at the expense of the citizens who out of nothing pay there taxes and contribute there quotas to the development of the nation..how many Kilometers is the road that's taking ages to be completed because of lack of vision.

Is high time we start taking infrastructure development seriously the better the country cos Nigeria is still a Virgin Land whole lot to be done and tapped into.
God bless me
God bless Nigeria

Gov. Ambode please note this

I know you care for Lagosians

Listen to their plea even if Baba won't

Ambo do something.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by hugoboss70(m): 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
oyb:

duh. i travel along the corridor everyday at least from 3rd gate to ijora and from third gate to trade fair every other day
try again
Bro nothing but love to give here. But humour me try a trip by 6pm to agbar from dat 3rd gate and come lets sit down and drink beer
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by hugoboss70(m): 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
topsyalooma:
That's the problem when people don't have access to the right information.. Yes the road is a Federal road but an MOU was signed between the state and the federal for the state to embarked on the massive reconstruction of Lagos-Badagry Expressway which is a good concept while the federal govt refund back the money spent..Therefore, Lagos State Govt is in charge of that project.

However, there was a budget for the project this 2018 by the state govt..so is the responsibility of the govt of Mr Akinwunmi Ambode to release funds for the project so that, the project can be completed.

Personally we politicized everything in this country at the expense of the citizens who out of nothing pay there taxes and contribute there quotas to the development of the nation..how many Kilometers is the road that's taking ages to be completed because of lack of vision.

Is high time we start taking infrastructure development seriously the better the country cos Nigeria is still a Virgin Land whole lot to be done and tapped into.
God bless me
God bless Nigeria

Gov. Ambode please note this

I know you care for Lagosians

Listen to their plea even if Baba won't

Ambo do something.
Correct your head get better oil.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Innomach(m): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
It's like you are not current with development on that road. The road had long been abandoned. The spot on the pic is Iyanaisashi.
continentalceo:
But work is going on, on that road sha. I hate APC with a passion, but I must tell you that work has been going on, on that road 6days a week by the chinese construction company. And it's not been easy because of the huge trafic of vehicles and illigal structures around there. They even had to skip a police station opposite ojo barracks after months of deliberation weather to demolish or not. Last time I checked, the construction had reached okoko. I believe by now, it might have passed iyanosashi.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by deebrain(m): 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

When God what's to punish a nation he give them ........buhari......

I guess He is also punishing English language teachers, by giving this comment of yours to us.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2018
hugoboss70:

Bro nothing but love to give here. But humour me try a trip by 6pm to agbar from dat 3rd gate and come lets sit down and drink beer

i too have heard it on the road . one night i took the express from ijora through to third gae. it was blocked so i had to go all the way to trade fair . no where to turn back and everywhere was blocked. i had to park my car at a friends place and come back the next morning. it was awful.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by IDUNMOTA(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

Idiot accusing the President for all your wahala. Stupid
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by themodernman: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
SacredMustang:
angry

What my eyes see anytime I'm about plying that road ehn, it gives me nightmares before the day I'm going to actually ply that road. sad . The bad spots includes iyana-iba, okoko, Barracks, underbridge (tradefair), alakija, iyana-era, volks.

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun ishilove cup dragnet. Please help us move this to front page so that the government can come to our rescue. Thanks

Omo I suffer for that road today no be small meen...I slept & slept & slept in the danfoe I entered b4 I reach where I dey go...

Today has been totally wasted meen....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by IDUNMOTA(m): 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

Idiot accusing the President for all your wahala. Stupid. Oponu ayi rada
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by hugoboss70(m): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
continentalceo:
But work is going on, on that road sha. I hate APC with a passion, but I must tell you that work has been going on, on that road 6days a week by the chinese construction company. And it's not been easy because of the huge trafic of vehicles and illigal structures around there. They even had to skip a police station opposite ojo barracks after months of deliberation weather to demolish or not. Last time I checked, the construction had reached okoko. I believe by now, it might have passed iyanosashi.

Like I said, I have not been in town for a few months. But when I was there, those chinese guys worked tirelessly. If they had continued, by now im sure that road will have passed iyanosashi. Iyanaisashi junction was always the worst part of that road. The front of that filling station has swallowed my tires too. So abeg make una no vex iv just not been around in a while.

Your forgiven. Earlier in the year the pace of the construction picked up and we were all happy and hopeful for early completion but few months ago the workers all dissappeared
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by toobrigh(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

grin
Jasen1:
this is Nigeria

OmG savage people full NL

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Papa12(m): 12:27am On Jul 09, 2018
the road is worse now... just not motorable..from iyana isashi down to ketu,under bridge at aocoed down to agbara
, d road has totally collapsed. ..
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by newslifeop: 1:12am On Jul 09, 2018
hmm
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Daboomb: 2:34am On Jul 09, 2018
oyb:

thank you jare.

alot of ignorance on this thread. this is a project that may run up to ten years. unfortunately, it is on a live road, ie a brownfield project. these issues will be inevitable. it will belong and painful, but we are slowly and surely getting there. the road through orile also looked like this four years ago.

My friend, are you building hte Tower of Babel or trying to build a road wrap around the whole world nii?

Where in this world does the construction of a road take up to TEN YEARS, apart from Nigeria?

Have you travelled out fo this country for a considerable time and seen how their Govt and Contractors build very standard and massive road, from conception to Commission, within 6months or one year at most?
I have seen many, many of such so l am speaking from experience.

For example, what is making the Lagos-Ibadan to still be uncompleted, since 1998, when OBJ came to Power?
Tell us WHY, apart from Corruption of those in govt.

The problem with Nigeria is people like you who have come to tolerate, embrace and live MEDIOCRITY, day-in, day-out.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Daboomb: 2:44am On Jul 09, 2018
pafisayo:

Lol you have a point! The Sad thing is those roads were done by past military HOS and also OBJ did some major ones too but Definately not PMB .
But then once you insult PMB on this platform you are most likely to get likes and people probably won’t care to correct you even if your assumptions are totally wrong

Not really, l am talking about the infratsruyctural developments that have happened under this PMB regime, from 2015, to date.
BTW, it has always been like that: The Northern President/head of States take very good care of the North, while abandoning the South but when a SOutherner becomes President, for reasons l still cannot explain properly, they try to be balanced or even try-too-much to please the vultures in the North by scaling the develkopments to the North, far more than the South they come from.

Look at the record of GEJ for example; Even his village in Otuoke does not have good roads and portable water while he was doing projects upandan in the North, includiing Almanjeri schools. angry angry
Same with OBJ who starved Lagos of their basic right, their Federal allocation, while he could not do same to any Northern state.

Is it out of Fear, sheer Stupidity or just trying to be more pious than the Pope?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 09, 2018
Daboomb:

My friend, are you building hte Tower of Babel or trying to build a road wrap around the whole world nii?

Where in this world does the construction of a road take up to TEN YEARS, apart from Nigeria?

Have you travelled out fo this country for a considerable time and seen how their Govt and Contractors build very standard and massive road, from conception to Commission, within 6months or one year at most?
I have seen many, many of such so l am speaking from experience.

For example, what is making the Lagos-Ibadan to still be uncompleted, since 1998, when OBJ came to Power?
Tell us WHY, apart from Corruption of those in govt.

The problem with Nigeria is people like you who have come to tolerate, embrace and live MEDIOCRITY, day-in, day-out.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about here. This is not about corruption. It is about project management. This project is funded and overseen by the world Bank.it is managed by lasg. It is being done around existing infrastructure. LASG has taken over that road. You're just ranting for the sake of ranting.

A much bigger problem is people who know too little but think they know much. Right now you sound like the small kids who whine everyday about everything without any kind of understanding.

First off the loan from world bank is paid in tranches. One of the tranches was delayed because the then gej fg did not guarantee it.this has already impacted on project timeline.

There are the usual project challenges always encountered eh issues with stakeholders like ppmc who stalled on providing permission to move a product pipeline

There is the bad peat material encountered around a rubbish dump which necessitated evacuation and backfilling.

There have been personnel issues when ccecc workers went on strike

There have been funding issues as the project is fixed rate, not floating ( the project was awarded at a time when the dollar was 135, no need to point out how a rate of 367, or 500 will take all Stakeholders back to the drawing board.

There are delays because owners of some assets are difficult to engage on evacuation.

Maybe you should stick to making noise around the property section. You come off like a small, spoiled child who thinks projects will run perfectly on schedule without any challenges.

This is a multi million dollar project. The government could not build a parallel road, but has to opt for opening and closing different portions of the road at different times. And this is a heavily used road.

My employer has a direct interest in portions of the road being completed. As such we have interacted at different times with ccecc, the supervising consultants and lasg officials.

You have an interest in whining like a small pikin with too much English and too little actual knowledge of how projects work.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by BabaRamota1980: 6:21am On Jul 09, 2018
thesicilian:
The Lagos State government can at least make the roads motorable (gravel, stones, sand etc) while waiting on the federal government to come and do it's job.

No! Federal Government should hand over all roads within the state, LSG can manage them. FG has no business managing roads in the metropolis.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by anibirelawal(m): 8:02am On Jul 09, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

No! Federal Government should hand over all roads within the state, LSG can manage them. FG has no business managing roads in the metropolis.

FACT.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by yeman1(m): 9:54am On Jul 09, 2018
last time I went there,,, my gear had a problem...my car suffer.. ppl living around that area dey try oh ...even from lasu to agbara ..na Die
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:39am On Jul 09, 2018
Scanfrost:
And ambode is working abi!!!! media well done!!
Its a Federal road bro.
Its got nothing to do with Lagos State contractors.
Vex with our man Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer by trychris: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2018
This is from the twitter handle of the Lagos State government:

@followlasg
1h1 hour ago
The Governor also directed the Public Works Corporation to intensify palliative works on the road from Okokomaiko to Badagry.
The contractor handling the construction works would open up the road upon completion.\
Governor Ambode said that he was touched by the discomfort being experienced by the motoring public plying the Badagry Express Way and thus vowed to continue to intensify all necessary steps to ameliorate their sufferings.

End.
We must speak up and not suffer in silence!Complaining without taking action will make no impact! It shouldn't end there, compliance to the intervention must also be monitored!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Taofeeq Oyerinde Fele, Oyo NURTW Chairman / 4 Members Of A Family Die In Fatal Accident In Benue - Graphic Photos / Lady Involved In Ghastly Accident Moments After Taking Selfie In A Keke. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.