Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (65364 Views)

Zambian Man Commits Suicide After Killing His Wife / Finnish Policewoman Gets Scammed Of N73m By Nigerian Fraudsters / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Truflexunits(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
He chose to end his life people go through hard time x3 of what he faced but didn't end their lives.
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
cnwamo:

Just say rest in peace, nawa oooo.
No respect for the dead.
tnx 4 teachn me
I will respect u wen u die
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by greggng: 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2018
ThePianoGuy:
he got 2weeks visa for 2000$ and his agree 6months visa with the agent

This is not a strong reason to die...I believe he has mentally problem....so many didn't even get a visa at all after payment....
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
I followed his thread.. He was very upbeat about the new lease of life only to start discouraging everyone not to come over..

If youve never had been jilted you won't understand.
I swear sometimes it feels like the end of u he World.. And the world is so cold.. No one actually wants to hear you out cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Lomprico2: 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
Chai! This one cant stand buhari again. And his only escape plan was taken away from him. sad

Rip.
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by cococandy(f): 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Daeylar:
The way he was posting in his threads as if he is moving on from the past and doing the best to make his future better not knowing he was so broken he felt he had to commit suicide.

That's quite sad.

Yea he didn’t sound suicidal at all. Man this sucks . May he Rest In Peace
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by ozodigboo(m): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
but why commit suicide in an innocent man's house?
someone that squatted you?
you wanted to implicate him?
that's cruel.
May God find favour with your soul

11 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by tbliss22(m): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
He's dead and his chapter is closed finally....... Those alive, what's next please??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
cococandy:

Yea he didn’t sound suicidal at all. Man this sucks . May he Rest In Peace
He's tone did change though. As if he was trying to come to terms with life. Most sucidal people don't post about committing suicide before doing it, that's if they are serious. He just did it. cry

5 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by LZAA: 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
Priscy01:

A Nigerian man identified Idoko Joephat Esomchi also know as Potus has chosen to end his own life by drinking poison after a visa agent scammed him with a 6 months visa.

According to reports gathered by ToriMill, Mr Potus promised Mr Potus had an agreement of 6 months visa with a 3 years permanent permit with an agent for $2000. It was learnt that the said agent betray their agreement and later gave Mr Potus a 2 weeks visa.

ToriMill reached out to the family and friends of the deceased and we learnt that when Potus first got to Kazakhstan, the first job he got was a car wash job and the pay was too low so he decided to apply for a teaching job. He managed to get a teaching job with free apartment and other stuff but when the school discovered he didn’t have visa they refused to do resident permit for him

We gathered that a friend assisted him by providing accommodation for him because he was homeless with no job after sometime his friend decided to travel back to Nigeria and told Potus to stay back in Kazakhstan but Potus refused because he felt there is nothing left for him in Kazakhstan since he couldn’t extend his stay. So he booked flight back to Nigeria and called his friend that left Kazakhstan and told him he can’t go back to Lagos with the shame of coming back home with nothing and he borrowed money from different people.

His friend, who assisted him when he (Potus) was homeless in Kazakhstan help arranged a place for him to stay in Abuja with another person. ToriMill get to know that, 5days ago Potus drank poison and died in the apartment of the person he was squatting with in Abuja.

The luck that the guy Potus was living with had was that someone saw Potus drinking poison so neighbors didn’t accused the innocent guy that was accommodating him.

Reaching out to Potus sister and in law, it was also disclosed that whenever Mr Potus is angry he always say he is going to kill himself that it’s been a long time since he had that taught of suicide. May his Soul Rest in Perfect peace.

Friends and family of the deceased took to the deceased timeline to write him a tribute;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/man-commits-suicide-after-he-was-scammed-by-an-agent-who-promised-him-a-6-months-visa.html

( don’t we mentioned that he went on a 2weeks visa) so he was used by the school without any payment. "
Bloggers ffs organise ur reports na
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
Stay in your country and fight so it gets better, but some buffons won't listen. They'd rather die as slaves and low lifes in white people's country.

Oh i need a visa....oh travelling out is the only way......oh i can only get rich if i travel out........oh people pack money on streets in europe........oh i'll rather be homeless in the uk than die without electricity in Nigeria. What a crock!

It is not necessarily better in white people's country than our country! Yes, there is no electricity here, but you may end up in white man's country and don't even have a house to stay to enjoy electricity.

Majority who go there do not succeed, regardless of the fake image and lies they present to people back home. Most Nigerians who live outside are depressed, have very low-self esteem due to things not working out as they thought, and they don't have money. Some with jobs live from paycheck to paycheck and some even collect government food handouts to survive.

That is why some of them have to steal and traffic drugs to survive. Again, you may land in white people's country but you may not still be able to drive Uber, do CNA work, deliver food, or wok as a security guard!

I hope lessons like this and what happens in Libya enlightens ignorant Nigerian youth to the fact that Americans and Europeans did not run away from their country to do slave labor in other people's country, for their country to be what it is today. They stayed and built it themselves!

If you don't have a job and you're not from lagos or abuja, go back to your village and use your family land to engage in farming as a business. Everyone must eat, so you will sell your farm produce, create a rewarding employment for yourself, and forget about office jobs because we don't have that in Nigeria.

Instead of travelling out to die or become homeless, engage yourself in agribusiness here and you will not go hungry, and your life will be more meaningful and rewarding.

May Idoko find what he was looking for in Kazakhstan, in the world beyond.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by CanadaPR: 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
lostluggage:
I followed his thread.. He was very upbeat about the new lease of life only to start discouraging everyone not to come over..

If youve never had been jilted you won't understand.
I swear sometimes it feels like the end of u he World.. And the world is so cold.. No one actually wants to hear you out cry

No one wants to hear you out..... Those blaming the guy now are the same persons who would not want to understand why he couldn't 'make it or blow'.

Let's take it easy on ourselves as Nigerians.
Our Youths are being pushed by our society and they are becoming so desperate...
Moral Lesson
Never live your life trying to impress anyone... They'll be the first to mock you when you fail....
Remember it's 'Your life' Not 'Our life'.

29 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by phase1: 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
justwise:

gorry123 i know you are viewing this thread

Sorry lemme get something straight, was it the gorry123 guy that scammed him? And the gorry guy still has the mental muscle to view this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by idonhammer: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Dude Wasn't a hustler in the first place, TRAVEL IS MEANT FOR FEARLESS AND COURAGEOUS MEN AND NOT FOR WEAK MINDS! TOO SAD

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by sportfeva(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
Can Nairaland do something about scammers on this platform. The guy has claimed he met the fake agent here.
Seun don't sleep oh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by mndubuisi100: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
phase1:

Sorry lemme get something straight, was it the gorry123 guy that scammed him? And the gorry guy still has the mental muscle to view this thread?
Not gorry123 did visa for him.....the agent that do it for her was introduce to him by him brother.... gorry123 just created thread about life in Kazakhstan.....the whole issue sound spiritual about the guy...his sister confirm the agent is in Nigeria an ibo man.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Btruth: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
Orpe7:
POTUS
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED SUICIDALS grin
Ode, even if he got the visa and things didnt still work out in the country he will still kill himself
my thought exactly. Even if he get American visa and things were a but rough for him, I think he will still commit suicide and put the blame on the agent.

Only week people will always push blames to others. As a strong person, always be positive no matter what the situations in life. "No pain, no gain."

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by peacengine(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Good for him,
He will go to hell fire but
Hellfire is beta dan Naija

Dizz stupid statement can make someone take his life, don't be stupid bro, take ya foolisshness outa here

14 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by KaptainAfrika: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
Me thinks, he killed himself more because of the debts than the shame. Sad.

We should try and do our own research before embarking on things.

6 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by phase1: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
mndubuisi100:
Not gorry123 did visa for him.....the agent that do it for her was introduce to him by him brother.... gorry123 just created thread about life in Kazakhstan.....the whole issue sound spiritual about the guy...his sister confirm the agent is in Nigeria an ibo man.

Was it gorry123 that created this thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/4481928/exprience-kazakhstan/3#69192650
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by charlesazeh(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
greggng:

This is not a strong reason to die...I believe he has mentally problem....so many didn't even get a visa at all after payment....
. My in-law took 2m from me for Canada family package and another agent 600k for usa I no die.. Even I still de enjoy life..the guy has always seen suicide as a normal thing

4 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by RaptorX: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
Why would anyone leave Nigeria to go look for greener pastures in a poor country like Kazakhstan, this craze to go abroad no matter how poor the country is getting to be silly.
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Bluffly: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
I beg make Devil use pump action scatter him head when h reach hell

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by justwise(m): 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
phase1:

BornAgainMay:
https://www.nairaland.com/4481928/exprience-kazakhstan

I opened this Thread few days ago about Kazakhstan.

I decided to visit kazakhstan after reading what Gorry wrote about it in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4091116/travelling-kazakhstan-one-coldest-country

My plan was to go there for greener pasture but little did i know that the person called gorry is a visa Agent who ran away from Nigeria after being involved in a Visa scam.

My plan is to warn the future travelers, please, kazakhstan is not a place to hustle, the ppl of Kazakhstan are very poor people and few people are interested in learning English.

Most Nigerians there are stranded and cant even come back because they don't have returning tickets.

Most of the people stranded were decieved by their Agents that they can teach and make money while in Kazakhstan.

The Agent behind the gorry123 monicker is currently wanted in Kazakhstan and to make matter worst, He has overstayed his visa.

Be warned, No hustle In Kazakstan

I am begging all Nigerians, I met one guy, he sold of his Shop in Onitsha main market because of Kazakhstan and as it is now, he is begging to eat.

About traveling From Kazakhstan to Another country, please, don't allow them to decieve you.

I have every single detail about the ruthless Agent behind Gorry123 monicker.

Nairaland is one of the sites that breeds scammers. The owner should look for a way to checkment this.

Police are on check arresting blacks recently because they are causing Nuisance, they work up and down without doing anything.

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by Daeylar(f): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Stop. sad

Just Stop

Not the right time.

Not the right thread.

Not the right anything.

Just stop. embarassed

[s]
namet:
Stay in your country and fight so it gets better, but some buffons won't listen. They'd rather die as slaves and low lifes in white people's country.

Oh i need a visa....oh travelling out is the only way......oh i can only get rich if i travel out........oh people pack money on streets in europe........oh i'll rather be homeless in the uk than die without electricity in Nigeria.

It is not necessarily better in white people's country than our country! Yes, there is no electricity here, but you may end up in white man's country and don't even have a house to stay to enjoy electricity.

Majority who go there do not succeed, regardless of the fake image and lies they present to people back home. Most Nigerians who live outside are depressed, have very low-self esteem due to things not working out as they thought, and they don't have money. Some with jobs live from paycheck to paycheck and some even collect government food handouts to survive.

That is why some of them have to steal and traffic drugs to survive. Again, you may land in white people's country but you may not still be able to drive Uber, do CNA work, deliver food, or wok as a security guard!

I hope lessons like this and what happens in Libya enlightens ignorant Nigerian youth to the fact that Americans and Europeans did not run away from their country to do slave labor in other people's country, for their country to be what it is today. They stayed and built it themselves!

If you don't have a job and you're not from lagos or abuja, go back to your village and use your family land to engage in farming as a business. Everyone must eat, so you will sell your farm produce, create a rewarding employment for yourself, and forget about office jobs because we don't have that in Nigeria.

Instead of travelling out to die or become homeless, engage yourself in agribusiness and you will not go hungry, and your life will be more meaningful and rewarding.

May Idoko find what he was looking for in Kazakhstan, in the world beyond.
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by gbenga1123: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
R, I, P to dead
But please i need financial assistance please i need a help of 5k, need to pay a disgracful debt this week and have tried all means to raise it but all to no Joy, av never done tgis before in my life but i do rather be call a beggar than do something drastic over 5k. Pls if u wish to help me out pls write me on gbenga1123@gmail.com thanks
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by princechiemekam(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
You smart oo
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by ThePianoGuy: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bluffly:
I beg make Devil use pump action scatter him head when h reach hell
Re: Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent by qualityovenbake(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
His post showed that he was a sincere person and a diligent seeker after truth, I admired his sincerity when he informed nairalanders about the living situation in Kazakhstan and about the agent that deceived him..... Rip man.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Timilehin Taiwo: Teen Stabs Babatunde Ishola To Death "To Escape Rape Attempt" / Soldier Barbing A Civilian’s Hair Against His Wish In Egbeda, Lagos / Rapist And Bike Thief Caught In Anambra This Morning - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.