Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? (10657 Views)

I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? / Reasons Why You Should Not Go Into Blogging And Vlogging As A Business In 2020 / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Premiumwriter: 7:25am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

Lmao, I know the feeling. What about if there was money to advertise the blog like on nl here. Won't that help it rank faster? And what about if you post your blog contents on here then drop the backlink you tag lala, it gets to front page, some more audience for you
do you research your keywords properly before writing them?

Most times people just publish content because they "think" people will actually like and visit these posts. But that's not always the case. Take for instance, when you post things here on nairaland, you thought people need that information, that it'll surely get to front page but 3 hours later, you find it has only 24 views.

That's the same thing with blogs. Don't publish out of sentiment, rather, research your keywords properly, find out what people are actually looking for and then write your post by using the keywords properly in your post for better results.

After publishing your post, you should share it immediately on social media. And don't just share once and then leave it, have a schedule for that. Share this evening, the next 2 days morning and so on.

Hope this helps.

Read this posts

http://www.samsteve.com/free-blogging-tools-nigerian-blogger/

http://www.samsteve.com/how-to-increase-your-blog-traffic-top-strategies-revealed/

Or better still read everything there. Trust me that guy knows his onion.
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2018
TheSpellChecker:

If you must be a blogger, a very good blogger that is, then you must watch your grammar and spellings. grin

No mind me jawe, typo error, I didn't bother to check what I wrote for errors before clicking submit grin thanks.
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by FaceThem: 7:26am On Jul 10, 2018
Decline:
Blogging is OK but my problem with it is ranking my blog website. I have written so many good contents but after publishing them on my site it doesn't rank on Google. Please who knows how to rank a BLOG site on Google should help me
Let's Talk Bro
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by FaceThem: 7:28am On Jul 10, 2018
Bro, Checkout .Com And Thank Me Later.
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by femmy2010(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

I don't want to work under anyone anymore, I want to set up my own business.
There is money for that but I don't know which business because I don't see any meaningful business in the country right now to engage in...

If you think you have passion for the blogging then simply start
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2018
Premiumwriter:
do you research your keywords properly before writing them?

Most times people just publish content because they "think" people will actually like and visit these posts. But that's not always the case. Take for instance, when you post things here on nairaland, you thought people need that information, that it'll surely get to front page but 3 hours later, you find it has only 24 views.

That's the same thing with blogs. Don't publish out of sentiment, rather, research your keywords properly, find out what people are actually looking for and then write your post by using the keywords properly in your post for better results.

After publishing your post, you should share it immediately on social media. And don't just share once and then leave it, have a schedule for that. Share this evening, the next 2 days morning and so on.

Hope this helps.

Mehn seems blogging is a whole lot of work! I'm super bored but get pretty tired with stuffs especially when they give so much stress.

I know how many ps4 game cds I don break so far last month and this month, stupid hard games, after paying money to buy you, you stress like abi. *Smash*
grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by TheSpellChecker: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

No mind me jawe, typo error, I didn't bother to check what I wrote for errors before clicking submit grin thanks.

And that reminds me...

If you must be a blogger, a very good blogger that is, you must always learn to check and recheck whatever you must have typed before posting it.

Practice, they say, makes perfect. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:32am On Jul 10, 2018
FaceThem:
Bro, Checkout .Com And Thank Me Later.

I don't see anything fascinating about the site though...
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Premiumwriter: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

Mehn seems blogging is a whole lot of work! I'm super bored but get pretty tired with stuffs especially when they give so much stress.

I know how many ps4 game cds I don break so far last month and this month, stupid hard games, after paying money to buy you, you stress like abi. *Smash*
grin
blogging no be beans o. It's nice if you are not going to do it for more.

And be prepared to write, but since you are not doing it for money, you can write at your own pace.

SEO is usually the hardest part and the most frustrating part because you won't find readers easily. Trust me. And getting comments is harder than finding diamonds

1 Like

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2018
ITbomb:
The best way to kill boredom is to leave your parent's house and get your own apartment.

When you stay house two days and no one is calling you to come and eat your food, no be person go tell you to find something and do

Lmao. I have my own apartment na. No sweet job in Nigeria jawe. Looking for a business that I can set up which will be bringing in good cash but I can't find anything meangiful.

3 Likes

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:35am On Jul 10, 2018
samyyoung1:
Sex nko?

I no get babe for now. I don't like runz girls

2 Likes

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Decline: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2018
FaceThem:

Let's Talk Bro
Thanks, please email me on kingsleyeloka11@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:36am On Jul 10, 2018
wj26584:

We are on the same shoe......

Lol. My aje butter brother. cheesy

How we go do now? cry
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:36am On Jul 10, 2018
wickyyolo:
Try affiliate marketing also

Hmmm don't sound bad yo. How to start?
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:37am On Jul 10, 2018
ddooskie:
Try Kindle Publishing too.

What's kindle publishing?
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2018
Premiumwriter:
Wish I could borrow 4 hours from you everyday grin

What takes all your time bro? If it's online I could help you out smiley
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by wickyyolo: 7:41am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

Hmmm don't sound bad yo. How to start?

Google affiliate jagaban Bello Ahmad.
Follow his guide and you will make it.
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:43am On Jul 10, 2018
wickyyolo:

Thanks so much bro I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Caring0(m): 7:46am On Jul 10, 2018
wickyyolo:

Bro Do you have the jagaban e book?
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by DIYhackers: 7:47am On Jul 10, 2018
Decline:
Blogging is OK but my problem with it is ranking my blog website. I have written so many good contents but after publishing them on my site it doesn't rank on Google. Please who knows how to rank a BLOG site on Google should help me
I'm commenting because of you. I know it's discouraging when you've writing good contents and it's not ranked.

I'm an SEO expert. Over 10 years doing SEO (ON or Offpage) I'm not asking you to contact me to listen carefully as this is a professional advice I'm giving you for free.

1) Google ain't playing anymore with contents. For you to rank your contents must be 750-1000 words and for you to rank on first page your contents must be 1500-3000 words.

I don't believe in just ranking, I target position 1-3 on first page.

2) What's the level of your SEO skills? Do you even know how to write SEO articles, I'm not talking just writing because you're a good writer. Those that ranks well, have their contents SEOed.

If you're using WordPress, yoast should make it easier with title tags and descriptions

If you're using bloggers, just target your first 3/4 lines or you use the description box before publishing your content.

3) Do you do keyword research? I've ranked for highly competitive keywords for new blogs and one thing helped me has been fixing what they missed. If you're a beginner in blogging or even new to writing SEO contents and you're shooting for keywords like "Online Marketing" or "Internet Marketing" in your title tag, you're on a very long thing. Neil Patel and host of other won't let you hit even 20th page. But if by google keywords suggestion or ubersuggest you're able to find a keyword with less competition but still related to your contents and you write, you will be ranked. You can be getting half of the organic traffic of the boss keywords but you're at least getting something.

I think I've typed so much from my phone. Hope that helps

4 Likes

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by kenniefawole(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2018
Blogging - This is the number way you can make a living , although many pple think that blogging is fruitless but the real truth is it not , likes of seun osewa(ceo of nairaland) Linda ikeji , Naijaloaded makes millions from their blog . All you need to excel in blogging is new ideas
What to consider before venturing into blogging
1) Make research on pple needs , and what invoke , what users enjoy doing
2) Understand your niche of blogging before starting
3) Improvise , do not do ur blogging the same old way many others have being doing
4) try making promos and activities that would keep users engaged to ur blog
To start a blog , you would spend an average cost of 30, 000
How to start
Get a domain , check out www.whogohost.com or www.godaddy.com (Nigerian and foreign )
Get a WordPress Hosting account from those domain as well
This where the real business begins , get a professional web designer (of course I can handle your WordPress for minimum of 10, 000 - 50, 000 depending on what features you intend adding to ur blog )
Note- there is no type of website you can make out of WordPress , online bet , ecommerce , quiz , quessionaire and many others )
Try integrating some fun features that would make ur site user entertain like free betting , award predicts , quiz , users connects e.t.c (I have different ideas I can give you depending on the niche of us blog , trust me you web vistors would increase in no time
Get an AdSense account , and start getting paid , you can as well get profits from your blog from physical adverts and many other means. For more and other business advise and suggestion WhatsApp me
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by felzylix(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

Thanks so much bro I appreciate

That scammer will sell you useless ebooks, well, you need your time to be taken and you have the money to throw around. But trust me affiliate jagaban has nothing productive to offer you. Ask people wey sabi for here.

1 Like

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by wj26584(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

Lol. My aje butter brother. cheesy

How we go do now? cry

I'm just perturbed about the whole issue....I have already started blogging but don't know what to do next.....I'm just looking for who to put me through.
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by holuphisayor(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2018
learn something and blog about it.

you could learn video editing and write on it.

or learn to code in a particular language and blog on the projects you executed with the language.

if you go into blogging thinking copy pasting will help you. It would be a bad idea in the long run.
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by otabuko(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2018
ITbomb:
The best way to kill boredom is to leave your parent's house and get your own apartment.

When you stay house two days and no one is calling you to come and eat your food, no be person go tell you to find something and do

My brother, this is so true. Who stays at home all day and is comfortable. Mtchewww
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Dreydoe(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

grin
I get tired with things that gives me too much stress.. (Even human beings, fam included) shy,introverted, 26 ds year..

I have the ginjah to make cool cash and being fully independent on my own, and takecare of myself and my mom but tasks dey always hard me to crack once its gives me hard tym, properly because I dint program myself dat way from a young age...

Though I thank God atleast I can still manage to keep my low salary paying job to put food on my plates mehn, (God's many favours on me)

I dey jealous u sef.. U av ps4 to relive tension and stress . I have to go on Sundays to my cousin place.. Just to play game and enter buses back home undecided undecided

my opinion.. Bank work rili sucks...we all know dt.. It only pays well, u being 4rm a rich FAM dats just overworking urself for nothing.. (I understand dt aspect)

I still believe you try ur hand on work jare not bank work, u can find other non stress jobs mayb as a content writer for a site or something they are less demandn jobs out here with not so bad pay atleast to make u busy..

Mehn if u know d kind of work I do..omo u fit collect work from me o..lol

When you have something doing like a job.
Ur games will start making sense again.. .

1 Like

Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by wickyyolo: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2018
Caring0:

Bro Do you have the jagaban e book?

Yep, I started from there.
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by eseveli(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2018
Premiumwriter:

which kain job u dey do ni undecided
Premiumwriter:

which kain job u dey do ni
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Kinggnicole(f): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2018
ddooskie:
Try Kindle Publishing too.
What's that?
Re: Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? by Decline: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2018
wickyyolo:

Please stay àway from that affiliate jagaban of a thing, people that bought the course complained about it. The best is to Google Adams Milan $500 a day Facebook strategy. Its free and comprehensive for beginer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Google To Kill Google Reader / Is It Good To Buy Traffic / Nigerian Govt Issues Advisory On Massive Global Cyberattack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.