Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone (10458 Views)

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / Nigerian Develops App To Speed Up Browsers / How To Check Recent Activity On Your Android Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by askifa1: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
Like computers, smartphones become slower over time when not properly maintained hence making every missed swipe or extra moment waiting for an app to load feel like an eternity. If you’ve had your Android device for a while, then you’ve probably started to notice some delay in performance that wasn’t there before. This is usually due to an increasing number of applications, processes, and files stored on the device. However, if your Android device is running slowly and you can’t determine why the tips below will help you speed it up.

Clear the Cache

Usually, cached data for apps help them to load more quickly but over time, it can build up and take up quite a lot of space which eventually starts hurting more than it should help. Clearing the cached data helps in making the device perform smoother as it removes old data which usually makes it slow and eventually crashes the device. This method is helpful in the case of big apps like Facebook and Instagram which store tons of images and other data on your device. To clear the cache on your device, head into Settings > Storage>Clear cached data and then tap OK.

Uninstall or Disable Unused Apps

Most Android devices typically have a number of apps pre-installed by the phone manufacturer that is completely unused. Over time, you add more apps that are likely unused hence taking up precious space and slowing down the device. To uninstall such apps, navigate to settings, click on apps, find the app you wish to uninstall and tap uninstall.

Close Unused Apps

Keeping several apps open makes it easy to multitask but closing open apps improve the device’s speed. Just pull up the running apps list that shows the apps that are running, how much memory they are using and close the ones that aren’t needed to be opened.

Don’t Overload the Home Screen

Filling your device’s home screen with live wallpapers and tons of widgets sounds nice but under the hood, they put extra load on the hardware and affect the device’s performance. Thus, it is advisable to keep your home screen as clean as possible because it will make your device perform faster.

Disable Widgets

As with apps, widgets that aren’t needed should be disabled. Though widgets provide animations and special effect to make the device look great, they can also slow down the device. To disable a widget, navigate to the widget you wish to remove, long press on the widget and drag the widget to remove and release.

Use Cloud Storage System

The new storage fashion is uploading files to the cloud. This not only makes data saved accessible across all devices but also frees up the internal storage on the device. Bear in mind that internal storage plays an important role in the performance of the device, it advisable not to overload it so it doesn’t slow down your Android device.

Update Your Device’s Software

Do you keep swiping aside that notification to update your software? It only wants the best for you. Most times, software updates are not always about new features, they also contain bug-fixes and performance enhancements that help to improve the device’s speed.

SOURCE: https://www.askifa.ng/speed-android-phone/

6 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Abiodunspectre(m): 2:31am On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks
I'll try on my tecno Camon X Pro

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by tafat: 5:54am On Jul 16, 2018
nice tips, i use a tecno spark and this will come in very handy
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by tafat: 5:55am On Jul 16, 2018
lucky you, you wouldnt be having issues like hanging on your device cos its a real high end device.
Abiodunspectre:
Thanks
I'll try on my tecno Camon X Pro
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2018
We cool with ours.
Cool like that!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by kasim155: 7:28am On Jul 16, 2018
OK ooooo noted. thanks for d infor
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Primusinterpares(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2018
just get a 4 gig ram phone and worry less....

���������(+_+)

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Primusinterpares(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2018
just get a 4 gig ram phone and worry less....

���������(+_+)

5 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by eluquenson(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2018
Okay, just as I always do weekly
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by mrbillz(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2018
Just get yourself an iPhone and be glad you did wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by madgoat(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2018
Lies grin
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by LazyNairalander(m): 7:30am On Jul 16, 2018
Get a better phone and save the dramas.

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Neofingerz: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2018
for your home Piano Tutorials contact me on whatsapp 08082397623 Lagos only

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by greenglobestore(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2018
NICE
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by pat077: 7:34am On Jul 16, 2018
Seen
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by MrWondah(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2018
Cloud storage is too expensive for an average Nigerian
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by theunnamed: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2018
Nice, except for that upload to cloud stuff, those will take advantage...
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Olawalesadiq(m): 7:40am On Jul 16, 2018
Please how can i speed up the level of thinking of the number one citizen of Nigeria, his seriously in need of speed up. i beg biko
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by infj: 7:44am On Jul 16, 2018
tafat:
lucky you, you wouldnt be having issues like hanging on your device cos its a real high end device.

really high end device

1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by dhabrite(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2018
I am going to try these shits. My L9 works below par these days.
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by ronaldbecky(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2018
infj:

really high end device

They dont know wat is phone
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by NLbully(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2018
With which mb will I upload and then download my files to/from the cloud angry
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2018
tafat:

Lol nonsense techno phones. What you should call high end are devices my current phone lg g5 cool
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by bigt2(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2018
Lol
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2018
But widgets don't make device look beautiful. A Widgets is basically a shortcut to a feature of an app.
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Nunam(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2018
Ire2:

Lol nonsense techno phones. What you should call high end are devices my current phone lg g5 cool
www.nairaland.com/4601448/loan-me-spare-phone-please
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by wellmax(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2018
Thank you.
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by ogolomachi(f): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2018
get phone with better ram that's the only true way to speed the shit up
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by twinsluv: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2018
Thanking you
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by Rockwood(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2018
Nice post. Thanks for the info
Re: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone by General2COAS(m): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
best u can do is to
1. root ur phone,
2. Install necessary tools like BusyBox pro, emulator etc
3. flash custom recovery
4. Flash PERFORMANCE MODS that suits ur phone and taste and see the magic being done automatically.

NOTE: DOING THIS VOIDS UR WARRANTY AND U RISK BRICKING UR DEVICE.

(1) (Reply)

My problem with Oraimo Power Banks / The Worst Phone U Have Ever Used And Will Never Recommend / Yoruba Bible App On Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.