Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? (12384 Views)

Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy And Introvert Guy. / Would You Encourage He Or She To Continue To Endure Eh?? Na Wa O!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Godmother(f): 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2010
There is this guy that was really into me but he really couldnt approach me.He kept telling my friend to talk to me and she kept telling him to do so himself. That was then, he never said a word to me and we remained friends. The thing is Im beginning to like him but I dont know if he still feels the same.

His reasons for not approaching me is that he feels I really wont respect him cos I have worked as a flight attendant before and he is self-employed . I was pissed when I heard that cos I felt he wasnt confident enough to approach me.
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Scooby1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
Only way to find out is by talking to him about your feelings towards him!  Are you shy too?  grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Godmother2: 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
I guess I am. I dont think I could ever tell a guy how I feel about him without him first saying something. Thats the problem I am having

1 Like

Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by omega25red(m): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2010
well you will have to employ your friend's help by having him/her find out if he is seeing someone now and then let him know that you too like him and you are waiting for him to ask you out. That should solve the problem.

by the way what does a flight attendant have to do with having respect for a potential mate i dont get it homeboy might also be feeling inferior so watch out for that because guys like that would make sure you fail so that he could be doing better than you so as to feel like a big man
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Osama10(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
Why not arrange a date?
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Godmother2: 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
omega25red:

well you will have to employ your friend's help by having him/her find out if he is seeing someone now and then let him know that you too like him and you are waiting for him to ask you out. That should solve the problem.

by the way what does a flight attendant have to do with having respect for a potential mate i dont get it homeboy might also be feeling inferior so watch out for that because guys like that would make sure you fail so that he could be doing better than you so as to feel like a big man

I tire o. And the thing is I lost the job over a year ago

Osama10:

Why not arrange a date?

But that would still be asking him. And I want him to do the asking
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Scooby1(m): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
Godmother-:

But that would still be asking him. And I want him to do the asking

grin grin grin grin grin

You not ready for a bf
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Pweety4me(f): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
We'll if nobody has d guts 2 make any sort of move then u will get nowhere & will never know.
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Sauron1: 8:20pm On Jun 10, 2010
Godmother-:

I guess I am. I dont think I could ever tell a guy how I feel about him without him first saying something. Thats the problem I am having

Use his method. . . . .
Get a 3rd party to do the telling in codes.
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Godmother2: 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2010
Scooby1:

grin grin grin grin grin

You not ready for a bf

lol
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Pweety4me(f): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2010
^So u won't even deny?it's not like ur still in High school?

2 shy people Hm!
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Africanqueen2(f): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
Well if u can't tell him, show him. Actions speaks louder than voice or is it words?  undecided
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Kgdavid(m): 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Use his method. . . . .
Get a 3rd party to do the telling in codes.

since he has been sending your friend to sound you out, simply give him a positive message through that same friend. case solved
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by skfa1: 9:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kgdavid:

since he has been sending your friend to sound you out, simply give him a positive message through that same friend. case solved

well said
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by LordReed(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
This guy already has 'respect' issues if u go to him n open up, his ego will further fall, thinking u won't respect him cos it was u who came to him. DO NOT go down dat path. U can try the 3rd party tin to encourage him to come to u; dat way u allow his ego to be boosted and at the same time achieve the goal.

IMHO u should forget about dating dis guy cos as I said he has 'respect' issues. Anytime u guys have a tiff the 1st tin to come out his mouth will be "U don't respect me". Just leave him alone. He needs to deal with such issues himself or else u will bear the ugly brunt of it (especially if he turns out to be the violent type).
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Godmother2: 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2010
I wont deny that I have actually seen traces of this before sighs deeply
But I like him so much
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by steve49ja(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
GM, since you like him so much like you claim, go visit him or something or maybe call him up if you can.

You have to take the first step cos if he could he would have long time ago.

Many dudes have the approaching problem but you'll be amazed how much fun would come out of a convo with them.

Take this step, if you agree to take the step, then we can think of several ways of making conversation without talking. But first you need to agree to take the first step else another woman who's ready would take it cheesy
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Ben13: 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2010
Pls don't tell him you have any feelings o. The first night after his traditional wedding with another lady, go to his house and whisper it to his ears.
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Onchedu(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2010
Encouraging a shy guy? Hmmm, I think if U just showed him U like having him around and U enjoy being around him would do. Smile, show excitement, voice some jealousy when there's an "intruder" in Ur midst. Talk to him a lot about anything and everything. Speak softly to him.

Lots of ways. Heading out now. Later. wink
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by jaybee3(m): 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2010
Godmother-:

Abeg dis is the 21st century and ain't nothing wrong with you approaching someone you are into.
Offcourse we don't expect you acting a fool in front of him but just utter words like "If and when i do date, i would want my b/f to have exactly the same (list all the good qualities that he has) like you do.
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by steve49ja(m): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
jay bee:

just utter words like "If and when i do date, i would want my b/f to have exactly the same (list all the good qualities that he has) like you do.
Awww. my best phrase. tht works all the time cheesy
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Kinsa(f): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
Be bold abt it Gm, take the bull by the horn
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by NET1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
jay bee:

Abeg dis is the 21st century and ain't nothing wrong with you approaching someone you are into.
Offcourse we don't expect you acting a fool in front of him but just utter words like "If and when i do date, i would want my b/f to have exactly the same (list all the good qualities that he has) like you do.

Onchedu:

Encouraging a shy guy? Hmmm, I think if U just showed him U like having him around and U enjoy being around him would do. Smile, show excitement, voice some jealousy when there's an "intruder" in your midst. Talk to him a lot about anything and everything. Speak softly to him.

I concur smiley
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by babaowo: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2010
this is why i like white girls they will never
hesitate whom they like.dont worry smart girl
will take over you,use your text message common!
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by LordReed(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
This guy has issues o! Don'tlet tthem talk u into taking that step u'll only worsen things. Do urself a favour n let him come to u. Encourage him yeah but do not say those words. If he wants u he should speak up. Am all for liberated women n all but this case doesn't call for it.
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Ziggyjoel(f): 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
TeeeeeLL HIM, TELL HIM THAT THE SUN AND MOON RISE IN HIS EYES;
REACH OUT TOOO HIM, AND WHHIISPER;
WHISPER WORDS SO SOFT AND SWEET, HOLD HIM CLOSE TO FEEL HIS HEART BEAT;
LOVE WILL BE D GIFT U GIVE URSELVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Love is light that surely glows, in d heart of those who know, its steady flames that groooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Feed the passionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by wazobiang: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
its usually more complicated than you think. and its easy for you to become his lover now since you two are now friends and he always wanted u. just call on him and see if you can spend time with him.

but i think this guy fit be smooth criminal. watch out. they are usually quiet but have the long dangerous thing
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by stagger: 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
the guy na real mumu!

I used to be very shy until i went to the university. By the time i was done from school, I was too much. Infact, maybe I should toast a babe on nairaland soon.

What is the dude waiting for? I know a guy who was sent by his friend to toast a babe on his behalf. Hmm. My guy just decided to toast the babe for himself and today he has married and bedded the babe with a daughter to show for it.

Toasting a babe demands you go for it. How badly does a man want something? If you desire something as good as a hot babe, go for it!
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by Ziggyjoel(f): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
wazobia-ng:

its usually more complicated than you think. and its easy for you to become his lover now since you two are now friends and he always wanted u. just call on him and see if you can spend time with him.

but i think this guy fit be smooth criminal. watch out. they are usually quiet but have the long dangerous thing
u gat ur own long dem thang, dontchya?
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by violent(m): 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
Onchedu:

Encouraging a shy guy? Hmmm,  I think if U just showed him U like having him around and U enjoy being around him would do. Smile, show excitement, voice some jealousy when there's an "intruder" in your midst. Talk to him a lot about anything and everything. Speak softly to him.

Seun really ought to make a "like this" button!, . . .

@OP: you really can just go abt it in a subtle manner that doesn't give you off as desperate.

---Don't make him feel uneasy whenever he's around you

---Laugh at even his silly jokes

---Ask him to tell you a secret, then use the opportunity to ask further questions

---Tell him you'd like to go to the beach, and ask him to take you!
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by klonemalone(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
I think you should stalk his ass, if you cant do it physically, do it on Facebook, I think he will get the message.
Re: How Do You Encourage A Shy Guy? by creamofluv: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
why not tell your girlfriend to tell him to ask you out, even if she can come out right and tell the guy you said he should ask you out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Condom Horror Stories / How To Make A Man Worship The Grounds You Walk On. / I Always Feel The Need To Suck A Big Black Peniss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.