Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (28846 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Troubledmind: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2018
The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted. My problem now is what to do with the money i was able to save.

I have skills i am eager to put to good use but i don't know if it'll bring results, I'm good with website creation, graphics, writting and a bit of programming, so i was thinking of getting myself a costly laptop capable of handling everything and hone my skills/passion, delve into fiverr and freelancing, then start a gaming blog, the first of its kind because I'm a game addict. Is there a way can succeed with this plans?

Lalasticlala please help a brother

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2018
Start a website/graphics development job, and see how it turns out. I don't know about gaming blogs and how well they would fare, plus the world seems to be hooked to Twitch or some of these gamer crowd related websites.

4 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
Troubledmind:
The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted. My problem now is what to do with the money i was able to save.

I have skills i am eager to put to good use but i don't know if it'll bring results, I'm good with website creation, graphics, writting and a bit of programming, so i was thinking of getting myself a costly laptop capable of handling everything and hone my skills/passion, delve into fiverr and freelancing, then start a gaming blog, the first of its kind because I'm a game addict. Is there a way can succeed with this plans?

Lalasticlala please help a brother
In life everything is relative. How much are you saying substantial. Can you let us know ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by buygala(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2018
"The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted"

Op please can you explain to us the circumstances surrounding your being "double crossed by a co-worker" and subsequently being fired after just 5 months on the Job?

We can't just be blindly supporting bad tin and advising you on how to invest proceeds of possible fraud or embezzlement sad

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by madridguy(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2018
Okay
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by HypocriticalMod: 7:51am On Jul 11, 2018
Look for another job noni undecided

Or use ur savings to start up something good since it was a high paying job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by martyns303(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2018
1. What do u mean by u were double crossed? u did something and u were reported ya?

2. how much is ur definition of substantial?

3. why are u giving out ur business idea on NL?

4. are u sure there are no other gaming blogs in Nigeria?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2018
Move on
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2018
start playing baba ijebu and u will see your money multiply in no time.

3 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by edeXede: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2018
embarassed

Op! If I were you, I would use that substantial amount to buy a lot of cows and hire an herdsman because very soon cows will have more values than all Nigerians combines. If you know you know

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Sanchase: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2018
Op play bet naija 50 odds sure lol.
Whateve that means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by mistacoco: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2018
If you can state the amount you Av saved then we can knw how to advice you.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by oshe11: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2018
We can't advice You based on substantial sum.....

50k can be substantial to me, while 1m is to you

4 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by LORDKing001: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2018
undecided
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Iamvictor(m): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2018
Don't buy an expensive laptop yet, buy the one that can get the job done at reasonable price.

11 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Homeboiy: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2018
use am bet Croatia to win wc n see ur result
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by SalamRushdie: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2018
What do you mean you were double crossed by a co worker?

2 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by room089: 7:55am On Jul 11, 2018
it's well.
it is never the end of the world.
a door closes, another opens.

2 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 11, 2018
Don't waste your money gambling. Put your skills to use with money saved, like start up your own business. You can repackage your cv and start applying for another job though.

To be rich, you seriously don't need to work under anyone.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by yhungbrowhne(m): 7:56am On Jul 11, 2018
DAUNTLESS 2 DOLLAR

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by LazyNairalander(m): 7:56am On Jul 11, 2018
This is where investment comes to your aid. The reason they said investment, have not just one stream of income. I have never been a jobberman before so I might really not have much to say. But I pray God will see you through. Good morning nairaland.

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by yhungbrowhne(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2018
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by airsaylongcon: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2018
M
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2018
Sanchase:
Op play bet naija 50 odds sure lol.
Whateve that means.
which odd is sure? My friends were shouting Belgium would win yesterday but I quietly told them France and ya see? Imagine they placed their money on Belgium winning smiley

Gambling is a game of luck. The op doesn't need that

4 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Cornerstone2020(m): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2018
Divide the whole money into two use half to play France to win world cup final. Thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Mac2016(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
Kill your boss because he is wicked!!!

He is better killed with your success! grin grin grin

Found his kind of company and send him out of business!!!
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Barnillionaire(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2018
I am so sorry for what happened to you, accept my sympathy..

Yes, there are many things you can do that will also fetch you good and huge money higher than the one you are being paid.

I read you mentioned fiverr, I am into fiverr and made well over two million within 4 months.

There are lots of platforms that can pay you handsomely very well but i will like us to chat for more details..

You can contact me on whatsapp on 07039436875

Mr. Babafemi

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by gurunlocker: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2018
Bro, if you really have all these skills then you are a millionaire in disguise, you don't need to work under someone.

Don't do gambling and later come here to cry.

5 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Mac2016(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
which odd is sure? My friends were shouting Belgium would win yesterday but I quietly told them France and ya see? Imagine they placed their money on Belgium winning smiley

Gambling is a game of luck. The op doesn't need that

Sheer luck my brother! I expected &O(2.5) in that game...see where we are!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mortuary Workers Seize Corpse At A Cemetery In Ghana Over Balance Payment / Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... / My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.