Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,497 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim (13984 Views)

Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband / Police Detain Jobless Youth For Attempted Suicide, Court Grants N200,000 Bail / Police Detain Suspicious Vulture Owned By A Woman In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by LeoThaGreat(m): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:
This is true, They hate Nigerians and I don't know why, I was detained too about three years ago for no reason, I had to bail myself out, they arrest students at ATM spots, students walking on the streets at night, students sitting in their front yard at night, It is always almost war with them, the Gendamarie, once we see their Vans, we take to heels, we don't have to wait, Everybody dey discharge and it's not as if we are doing or did anything wrong. But Not all Nigerians detained there are unlawfully or wrongly detained though, Some of them are caught with drugs, weed, and also yahoo boys. I have witnessed all these first hand

You know youre being biased with your comment....plus I doubt the authenticity of this news.

Gendarmerie aren't like Nigerian police. They treat us with respect (even though they show us their true colours when we overdo things).

They only arrest if you wander at midnight or they see you with weed, or the citizens report you to have constituted nuisance
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Duru009(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2018
90% of the Nigeria ladies in beninoise are pure prostitute
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
LeoThaGreat:

You know youre being biased with your comment....plus I doubt the authenticity of this news.

Gendarmerie aren't like Nigerian police. They treat us with respect (even though they show us their true colours when we overdo things).

They only arrest if you wander at midnight or they see you with weed, or the citizens report you to have constituted nuisance

That is a lie, I am telling you what I have witnessed first hand, I was arrested 9pm at night with a girl on a kekenor, is that midnight? I had nothing on me, when the kekenor saw them approaching him, he came to a quick halt and I jumped out immediately and the girl fell head first, this happened at PK10 cariffour, and you know there is a pharmacy just there, I pleaded for them to let me take her to the pharmacy because she was lying ununconscious, they refused and bundled us into their Van, and not so much to my surprise, I met a lot of Nigerians there, they patrolled all through the night and arrested many of us that were waiting to withdraw, sitting in their front yard, going to buy and fetch water, I witnessed all these, I wasn't told. One of them even slapped me in the van for complaining about them not letting me treat the girl I was with. We got to their cell at Lobele, if you know Benin Republic very well, you should know how horrible their station at lobele is, they bundled all of us inside and another set went out again to patrol, I had to pay 15k CFA before I was set free at 4am in the morning, so what are you saying sir

I have been out of there for about 2 years now, and I still hear reports from my friends there that they now go into people's houses to arrest them, have you not wondered why they always stop Vehicles with Nigerian plate numbers at PK10 carrifour? It was talon that stopped them from doing stop and search on that road because the harassment was getting too much on Nigerians, don't even get me started on the one we face at the border

3 Likes

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Henryedom: 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
LeoThaGreat:
I doubt the authenticity of this news. Gendarmerie aren't like Nigerian police. They don't arrest us indiscriminately. They treat us with respect (even though they show us their true colours when we overdo things).
you've never been to Benin Republic
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Henryedom: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

That is a lie, I am telling you what I have witnessed first hand, I was arrested 9pm at night with a girl on a kekenor, is that midnight? I had nothing on me, when the kekenor saw them approaching him, he came to a quick halt and I jumped out immediately and the girl fell head first, this happened at PK10 cariffour, and you know there is a pharmacy just there, I pleaded for them to let me take her to the pharmacy because she was lying ununconscious, they refused and bundled us into their Van, and not so much to my surprise, I met a lot of Nigerians there, they patrolled all through the night and arrested many of us that were waiting to withdraw, sitting in their front yard, going to buy and fetch water, I witnessed all these, I wasn't told. One of them even slapped me in the van for complaining about them not letting me treat the girl I was with. We got to their cell at Lobele, if you know Benin Republic very well, you should know how horrible their station at lobele is, they bundled all of us inside and another set went out again to patrol, I had to pay 15k CFA before I was set free at 4am in the morning, so what are you saying sir

I have been out of there for about 2 years now, and I still hear reports from my friends there that they now go into people's houses to arrest them, have you not wondered why they always stop Vehicles with Nigerian plate numbers at PK10 carrifour? It was talon that stopped them from doing stop and search on that road because the harassment was getting too much on Nigerians, don't even get me started on the one we face at the border
sometimes the kekenor drivers work hand in hand with the gandermarines and even the police at pk10 and sekandji round about

2 Likes

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Greatzeus(m): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:
This is true, They hate Nigerians and I don't know why, I was detained too about three years ago for no reason, I had to bail myself out, they arrest students at ATM spots, students walking on the streets at night, students sitting in their front yard at night, It is always almost war with them, the Gendamarie, once we see their Vans, we take to heels, we don't have to wait, Everybody dey discharge and it's not as if we are doing or did anything wrong. But Not all Nigerians detained there are unlawfully or wrongly detained though, Some of them are caught with drugs, weed, and also yahoo boys. I have witnessed all these first hand
We put our dirty linen in the public for the world to see, thanks to the Media and hungry bloggers,we call any rich young man a ritualist, Someone call us Lazy, internet frauds were traced to Nigeria by FBI,Yahoo boys swindling people etc. The world read these news and treat us as criminals. But no matter what anyone says,we are not all criminals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by LeoThaGreat(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

It's been almost a year since I left there.
I slept at the Akpapka police station three years ago cuz we were having a loud house party way into the midnight.
It's almost a daily routine for me & my neighbours to stroll from Gabahon to Mama Emma or to play snooker at Apple Store, and not once did we encounter police gbege before 12am.

About going into people's houses, it's got to be that they're smoking weed or playing loud music, and it's the Beninoise around them that will call the police.

About the old stop-and-search, you should know they're only looking for students with expired lesse-passe (or school I.D )

All I've said isn't to defend them, but from my personal experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
and the dullard buhari is in ekiti state telling afonjas another lies... zombiism in west is second to none
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by erayo2GCA(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
The harassment is on a daily basis, nigeria embassy benin is just like local government secretariat

1 Like

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by erayo2GCA(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

On point, those that have not been to seme border will be disproving!

1 Like

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by GavelSlam: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
They don't like you in America, don't like you in South Africa and now we find that they don't like you in Benin Republic. Malaysia and India nko?

You know why?

Cause your attitude stinks.

You love corruption and impunity.

You are loud, aggresive unabashed.

No nation worth its salt would tolerate your antics.

The common factor across all these nations are the Nigerians there.

Just today, we got the report of the Lady with India in her Vjayjay. Na only una dey?

Change Buhari, bring in Obama, you would get the same result.

Change your attitude.

1 Like

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by holyword: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
It is a big lie that nigerian students are being wrongly detained in benin republic. Nigerian children have carried their corrupt born blood from their lieing parents to benin republic. How can the nigerian police will chase them out from nigeria and they ran into benin to destroy the country?. The benin police can not arrest them for nothing. Send delegates and see the kind of life nigerian students are living there. They are all thieves,ritualists,yahoo-yahoo boys that were chased out from nigeria. Let us be sincere and allow benin to protect their country. these young nigerians there are dangerous and threat to their environment. I lives there and i'm seeing everything by myself. though some of these parents did not know that their children are into such evil. how can a student that were sent to school to go and learn will join ritualists cutting the heads of beninoise to make money,buy houses and expensive cars like that? let the police jail them so that others will relocate to another country.
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2018
Henryedom:

sometimes the kekenor drivers work hand in hand with the gandermarines and even the police at pk10 and sekandji round about

Very correct, this happens a lot at the border, it happened to a friend of mine, I still remember the kekenor's driver's face till today
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by geezyk(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2018
This Agblangandan area is where I stayed while I was in Benin Republic till about 4 months ago when I had to run back to Nigeria when the arrest started.

Nigerians are the cause of their own issues, ritual killings by Nigerian so called yahoo boys parading as students was what prompted the beninese government to swing into action, it was announced on radio, it was very active when it started that your car will be traced back to your apartment and your house ransacked.

Our naija boys are always flaunting wealth here and then, spending lavishly going to expensive places (e.g) Hotel du Lac I love that hotel, one of the most expensive hotels in Cotonou.

Cotonou has always been fun till all these problems started, only the strong can survive there now.
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by geezyk(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
LeoThaGreat:
I doubt the authenticity of this news. Gendarmerie aren't like Nigerian police. They don't arrest us indiscriminately. They treat us with respect (even though they show us their true colours when we overdo things).
Oga, it's like you don't stay in the town, gendermerie were like that before all these things started, but these days they can just stop you at anytime, and once they noticed you can't speak their language and worst of all you're a Nigerian, you're definitely going to jail, and after 3 days, you're transferred to the prison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
LeoThaGreat:

It's been almost a year since I left there.
I slept at the Akpapka police station three years ago cuz we were having a loud house party way into the midnight.
It's almost a daily routine for me & my neighbours to stroll from Gabahon to Mama Emma or to play snooker at Apple Store, and not once did we encounter police gbege before 12am.

About going into people's houses, it's got to be that they're smoking weed or playing loud music, and it's the Beninoise around them that will call the police.

About the old stop-and-search, you should know they're only looking for students with expired lesse-passe (or school I.D )

All I've said isn't to defend them, but from my personal experience

You are not wrong, neither am i, because all I have said are my personal experiences, the one I am talking about now, that they go into people's houses is very recent, I heard there is a leader amongst them that walk around with charms now, they mostly go into Yahoo boys' houses after a tip off, There was a video that circulated the internet of them harassing guys with cars and all. One thing I agree on though is that they are less brutal and more rational thinking than our Nigerian police

2 Likes

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
geezyk:
This Agblangandan area is where I stayed while I was in Benin Republic till about 4 months ago when I had to run back to Nigeria when the arrest started.

Nigerians are the cause of their own issues, ritual killings by Nigerian so called yahoo boys parading as students was what prompted the beninese government to swing into action, it was announced on radio, it was very active when it started that your car will be traced back to your apartment and your house ransacked.

Our naija boys are always flaunting wealth here and then, spending lavishly going to expensive places (e.g) Hotel du Lac I love that hotel, one of the most expensive hotels in Cotonou.

Cotonou has always been fun till all these problems started, only the strong can survive there now.

I swear, Benin Republic is a flaunting ground for Yahoo boys, Benin Republic is fun honestly, I remember when I used to rock Sky lounge, El doraldo beach remains my favorite beach. I miss the town sha

2 Likes

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
Greatzeus:

We put our dirty linen in the public for the world to see, thanks to the Media and hungry bloggers,we call any rich young man a ritualist, Someone call us Lazy, internet frauds were traced to Nigeria by FBI,Yahoo boys swindling people etc. The world read these news and treat us as criminals. But no matter what anyone says,we are not all criminals.

We are the cause of our own problems to be honest. But True, we all are not Criminals.
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by geezyk(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

I swear, Benin Republic is a flaunting ground for Yahoo boys, Benin Republic is fun honestly, I remember when I used to rock Sky lounge, El doraldo beach remains my favorite beach. I miss the town sha
Sky don die, except for Thursday's ladies night, Havana beach is where the groove is now, but now it's drier than the Sahara, Mama Emma sekandji sef.. I left the country before I'll land in jail over nothing.

To think of it, their prison system is superb, a friend of mine spent 4 months at gbegame prison just for running a surebet bet centre without govt license. we visit him mostly everyday and all he could say is that the prison is okay, Free dish TV, beer parlour, boutique, gym center, they even have a ps2 in their block.
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Truthcat: 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
Your people are still going to line up and vote for him, so you ibos are the zombies
ELKHALIFAISIS:
and the dullard buhari is in ekiti state telling afonjas another lies... zombiism in west is second to none
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2018
geezyk:
Sky don die, except for Thursday's ladies night, Havana beach is where the groove is now, but now it's drier than the Sahara, Mama Emma sekandji sef.. I left the country before I'll land in jail over nothing.

To think of it, their prison system is superb, a friend of mine spent 4 months at gbegame prison just for running a surebet bet centre without govt license. we visit him mostly everyday and all he could say is that the prison is okay, Free dish TV, beer parlour, boutique, gym center, they even have a ps2 in their block.

Is it that surebet centre opposite mamma Sammy in PK10?

Dj0213 no dey DJ for Havana again?
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by geezyk(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

Is it that surebet centre opposite mamma Sammy in PK10?
That one Na rummy own.. but it's one of his boys that owns this one in the town..
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
geezyk:
That one Na rummy own.. but it's one of his boys that owns this one in the town..

Oh, okay
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
Truthcat:
Your people are still going to line up and vote for him, so you ibos are the zombies
I will comeback and vote for him so the suffering will continue in yellowbar land... I have already booked my round ticket ahead of next year general election ntooor grin tongue
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by omoelerin1: 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
Biggybambam2:
No respect for Nigerians again because of a failed government

Even Benin Republic?

It is finished!
Are you saying you shouldn't be arrested if you break their law, simply because you're a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by srclark: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
Greatzeus:

The earlier a strong cyber law is put in place against bloggers and what they put out there this will continue to happen ,alot of countries do all this mess stuffs but they dont put it on the internet eg dubai you think dubai is heaven on earth if you look them up on the internet you will never know there are slums in dubai the government has to control what we put on the internet about our country different recycled news some total lies we need a strong cyber bill just like it was done in kenya.Another thing we nigerians misbehave abroad alot if you read carefully he said he was arrested along 12 others in the same house (maybe a 3 bedroom) ,what do you oexoect when 12 boys are staying in a flat everyone bringing their chicks ,different cars parked ,drinking ,smoking that alone is enough for anyone to come make arrest .We dont know how to behave at all especially this young folks out there .When you are in rome behave like the romans .NAIJA MEN STAY OFF THEIR WOMEN THIS IS ONE MAJOR FACTOR THAT TRIGGERS ALL THIS UNNECESSARY HATE ONCE WE LEAVE OUR BORDERS WE ARE FOND OF SHOWING SUPERIORITY WHEN IT COMES TO WOMANISING CHASING EVERYTHING IN SKIRT (babies,underage,teenagers,single women,married women,seperated women,divorcee and widows are not left out even pensioners )
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Truthcat: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
And you will continue to be refugees and at the mercy of your enemies all over the country.

That's exactly what you are known for throughout your history in Nigeria, you can't play opposition. You are bugs in the clothes of every govt in power.

ELKHALIFAISIS:
I will comeback and vote for him so the suffering will continue in yellowbar land... I have already booked my round ticket ahead of next year general election ntooor grin tongue
Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by Eziokwugbaoto: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
So SARS don get branch for cotonou. cheesy What a world!!!

1 Like

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by omoelerin1: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
dopeJemi:
The reason is that high profile criminal activities in Benin Republic are mostly perpetrated by Nigerians. Armed robbery was not known there until Nigerians started robbing their banks.
Someone from Benin Republic told me that in their country, when they see a Nigerian, they believe he is a militant/criminal. He said part of what they teach them right from the primary school is that they should always beware of Nigerians, they should distance themselves from them because they are potential killers, militants, robbers and criminals. He said many Nigerians will come through the Niger delta Creek, destroy their ATM machine, cart money away and escape through the same creek.

In Benin if there is an incident of armed robbery that claim the lives of two people, the whole country will be shaken to the foundation. Because such is not common their.

Now that yahoo boys from nigeria are now flooding the country, their govt will definitely react.

1 Like

Re: Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim by dopeJemi: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
omoelerin1:
The reason is that high profile criminal activities in Benin Republic are mostly perpetrated by Nigerians. Armed robbery was not known there until Nigerians started robbing their banks.
Someone from Benin Republic told me that in their country, when they see a Nigerian, they believe he is a militant/criminal. He said part of what they teach them right from the primary school is that they should always beware of Nigerians, they should distance themselves from them because they are potential killers, militants, robbers and criminals. He said many Nigerians will come through the Niger delta Creek, destroy their ATM machine, cart money away and escape through the same creek.

In Benin if there is an incident of armed robbery that claim the lives of two people, the whole country will be shaken to the foundation. Because such is not common their.

Now that yahoo boys from nigeria are now flooding the country, their govt will definitely react.

This is true, Benin Republic is one of the safest countries to be in, I never for once heard of a robbery incident in all my years there, except for one that happened in pk10 one night and it was done by Nigerians. We Nigerians are giving ourselves a bad name and it is just sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Residents Lament As Policemen, Hoodlums Damage Ogun Community Road / London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . / Allah Will Punish Me Severely - Minna Herdsman Who Plotted Attack On Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.