Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) (20860 Views)

9 Types Of Hilarious Workers You'll Encounter In Nigeria Offices / COVID-19: Unvaccinated Civil Servants Allowed Into Offices In Abuja (Photos) / Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by robosky02(m): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
ApCcc
Change
new2012:
The picketing was nation wide.

Osun, Ekiti, Kogi. Bayelsa are owing workers several months of unpaid salaries, NLC won't see that, they're both blind and deaf. Minimum wage is sickening, they won't see that but they will see those earning so much and fight for overtime for them.

Open your eyes people, NLC is after labour dues they will get from the workers in those companies... They really don't care abt the Nigerian workers.

People are loosing their jobs in millions, the government is insensitive, NLC can't see that, there's nothing for them in there.

Bunch of ret.ard.ed fools!

At the end of the day, companies fold, employees get sacked, NLC don't care.

Chevron and several companies now cit corners, bring in expatriates from Pakistan, Indian and China and they won't join Union to being rubbish wahala. Who loose? The Nigerian employees and NLC still don't care.

Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by romenna: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
they copied from our useless govt.
everytin is wrong wit dis country but the weak and ordinary nigerian is at the receiving end
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by lonelydora: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
BrainnewsRadio:
Ill-treatment Of Staffs: NLC Takes Over The Premises Of MTN Offices In Calabar (Photos)

Below Are The Photos:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/ill-treatment-of-staffs-nlc-takes-over-the-premises-of-mtn-offices-in-calabar-pics/

Even here in Port Harcourt. Picketing in progress as we speak
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by 21savages: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
MTN very useless set of pipo.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by mathinips(m): 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Akabuking: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
give their leaders small change now they will be like "it wasn't intentional"

Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Alex80s(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
ahamonyeka:
this is pure lie mtn can and will never maltreat their workers or staffers my elder brother works with mtn in Lagos falomo he has never complained of I'll treatment they treat them very well compare to other Nigeria telecoms company. my brother didn't go to worker yesterday they were ask go home and work from home.even as at this morning when I was driving through falomo NLC were still tbere. protesting.

mtn is a place to work .

Talk what you know.

Do you work in MTN? No is the answer.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by delpee(f): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
ahamonyeka:
this is pure lie mtn can and will never maltreat their workers or staffers my elder brother works with mtn in Lagos falomo he has never complained of I'll treatment they treat them very well compare to other Nigeria telecoms company. my brother didn't go to worker yesterday they were ask go home and work from home.even as at this morning when I was driving through falomo NLC were still tbere. protesting.

mtn is a place to work .

It seems it's more about NLC union dues. Once the workers form a union under NLC, MTN will be mandated to deduct a small percentage of their salaries for remittance to NLC.

1 Like

Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by delpee(f): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
NLC should go and picket State and Local Govts that are owing staff salaries and allowances. They should also visit SMEs (especially Asian companies) where there have been complaints by staff. The NLC i used to know was visible and active on genuine staff welfare matters.

1 Like

Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
abumeinben:
The when telecom should be cracked down upon, especially Huawei.

But until NLC stands against contract jobs, they're a joke.

So with your bad work ethics and anyhow economy you expect someone to give you permanent job hahahahaha grin grin
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Truflame: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
I think this persecution has to do with the killings of Nigerians in South Africa. Nigerians may indirectly attack South Africa companies due to the xenophobic behavior of South Africans towards Nigerians.

My opinion anyway.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Customer80: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
new2012:
The picketing was nation wide.

Osun, Ekiti, Kogi. Bayelsa are owing workers several months of unpaid salaries, NLC won't see that, they're both blind and deaf. Minimum wage is sickening, they won't see that but they will see those earning so much and fight for overtime for them.

Open your eyes people, NLC is after labour dues they will get from the workers in those companies... They really don't care abt the Nigerian workers.

People are loosing their jobs in millions, the government is insensitive, NLC can't see that, there's nothing for them in there.

Bunch of ret.ard.ed fools!

At the end of the day, companies fold, employees get sacked, NLC don't care.

Chevron and several companies now cut corners, bring in expatriates from Pakistan, Indian and China and they won't join Union to bring rubbish wahala. Who loose? The Nigerian employees and NLC still don't care.
I think you know nothing about what MTNers who are on contract are suffering, The best thing NLC has done in it's existence is shutting down the company to demand good working emoluments for MTN worker's
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by newoffer: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hmmmm payback time. what about other Telecom paying a sick salary to their staffs.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Customer80: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
ahamonyeka:

mtn is a place to work .
Paid hawk, what do know about contract staff working condition in mtn, my younger brother worked with them for 9 year's but you can't ask him for 10k rather we sent him monies when he was there, if truly you have a brother who works with them, ask him about the treatment meted on contract staff's, the segregation when it comes to staff bus, the non payment of bonus to contract staff, even when they work like jaki to make the money for the company
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by samkoji(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
That was how we lost our jobs at MTN Call Centre Jos back in 2012. NLC picketed our centre over alleged malpractices by our parent company, CNSSL . Over 2000 Call Centre Agents were thrown into the already over saturated labour market. Till date many of our colleagues are still jobless, CNSSL wound up operations and relocated the Centre to Ilorin and refused to even accept those of us willing to relocate.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by abumeinben(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:

So with your bad work ethics and anyhow economy you expect someone to give you permanent job hahahahaha grin grin

Bros me just tire.... maybe labour Congress sef get contract staff

1 Like

Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2018
Customer80:
Paid hawk, what do know about contract staff working condition in mtn, my younger brother worked with them for 9 year's but you can't ask him for 10k rather we sent him monies when he was there, if truly you have a brother who works with them, ask him about the treatment meted on contract staff's, the segregation when it comes to staff bus, the non payment of bonus to contract staff, even when they work like jaki to make the money for the company
guy am not talking about contract staff here read my mention very well.I mean their staff.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
Customer80:
I think you know nothing about what MTNers who are on contract are suffering, The best thing NLC has done in it's existence is shutting down the company to demand good working emoluments for MTN worker's
you people should not misquote me am not about their contract staff.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ifymadu: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
NLC is a big fraud, they’ve not protested against unemployment, corruption, insecurity and others. There are many states owing more than 10 months in salaries and no protest. Why attack the same workers they claim to me protesting for? I worked with MTN for more than 10years before leaving Nigeria and I can say it is one of the most friendly environment to work in. Misplaced priorities, meanwhile some states can’t pay common 18k per month.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Customer80: 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
ahamonyeka:
guy am not talking about contract staff here read my mention very well.I mean their staff.
Nlc protest is about contract staff
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
Customer80:
Nlc protest is about contract staff
protesting my foot. is our labour working?
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Customer80: 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
ahamonyeka:
protesting my foot. is our labour working?
unintelligent reply
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 5:13am On Jul 11, 2018
Customer80:
unintelligent reply
I can see you are among those taut i saw at mtn office NLC is using to protest .lol
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Upon the monies they make here, they can't pay for overtime, nawa o.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by Customer80: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2018
ahamonyeka:
I can see you are among those taut i saw at mtn office NLC is using to protest .lol
Lol, it's tout not taut
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:38am On Jul 11, 2018
Customer80:
Lol, it's tout not taut
then a mistakw

buhahahahahahakikiki you don see this kind of laugh before?.
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:38am On Jul 11, 2018
Customer80:
Lol, it's tout not taut
then a mistakw

buhahahahahahakikiki you don see this kind of laugh before
Re: NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:41am On Jul 11, 2018
Customer80:
Lol, it's tout not taut
I suppose you listened to one of MTN managers responding to the protest on NLC this morning on Lagos talks radio?

if una pursue this people back to their country do you know how many people that will be jobless?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? / How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil / After Your Msc Abroad: Stay Or Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.