Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' (29440 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Peppergroove(m): 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
She needs to be raped angry angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by KanwuliaExtra: 2:39am On Jul 11, 2018
She done tok her own! cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by colossus91(m): 7:06am On Jul 11, 2018
Atleast we have manhood grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Cogs(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2018
Issame:
Award-winning novelist and feminist icon, Chimamanda Adichie says she feels sorry for men because they can’t experience the benefits that come with being a mother.

In an interview with Vulture, Adichie opened up about what having a child meant to her and the impact it had on her art.

“I used to think I wouldn’t be a good mother because I was so dedicated to my art,” the ‘Americanah’ writer said.

“I said to myself, I have nephews and nieces who I adore, and I helped raise them, so those will be my children. That’s what I thought for a long time, because I felt that I couldn’t be true to both my art and my child.

“Getting older. I like to joke and say that you’re ready [to have a child] when your body isn’t ready, and when your body is ready, you’re not mentally ready.

“I guess you have the best eggs when you’re, like, 22, but at 22 you don’t even know yourself.

“Then when you’re 38 and know yourself, your eggs are not the best quality. Anyway, we’ll talk about eggs another time.”

Adichie explained that having a child interrupts her writing to an extent but also opens up a new range of emotions that can inspire art which men can’t experience.

“But my baby happened, and it’s important to talk honestly about this, because having her changed a lot,” she said.

“Having a child gets in the way of writing. It does. You can’t own your time the way you used to.

“But the other thing that motherhood does — and I kind of feel sorry for men that they can’t have this — is open up a new emotional plane that can feed your art.”

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/im-sorry-for-men-because-they-cant-have-babies-chimamanda-says/

Am so sorry Anty Chimamanda, you too can actually can't enjoy fatherhood!
You will never enjoy how it feels like to be a Man, a father, a husband and a women's man!
Sorry!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2018
aktom007:

...d fact is DAT d statement just doesn't make sense ...its like saying DAT u pity a fish cause dey don't know aw it feels to be dogs... Its a dumb comparism .there is d joy of fatherhood and motherhood , u can't feel both.

Learn to spell correctly. That should be your major concern. When you spell correctly then you can chat with elders.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by wisdomdc: 8:15am On Jul 11, 2018
Adichie! Adichie! Adichie! How many times did I call you? You know you are one of my favorite writers pls drop ferminism for God sake and this one you are about to enter is the dancemofmthe spirit. You will enter ghost mode oh!
uote author=Issame post=69250846]Award-winning novelist and feminist icon, Chimamanda Adichie says she feels sorry for men because they can’t experience the[b][/b] benefits that come with being a mother.

In an interview with Vulture, Adichie opened up about what having a child meant to her and the impact it had on her art.

“I used to think I wouldn’t be a good mother because I was so dedicated to my art,” the ‘Americanah’ writer said.

“I said to myself, I have nephews and nieces who I adore, and I helped raise them, so those will be my children. That’s what I thought for a long time, because I felt that I couldn’t be true to both my art and my child.

“Getting older. I like to joke and say that you’re ready [to have a child] when your body isn’t ready, and when your body is ready, you’re not mentally ready.

“I guess you have the best eggs when you’re, like, 22, but at 22 you don’t even know yourself.

“Then when you’re 38 and know yourself, your eggs are not the best quality. Anyway, we’ll talk about eggs another time.”

Adichie explained that having a child interrupts her writing to an extent but also opens up a new range of emotions that can inspire art which men can’t experience.

“But my baby happened, and it’s important to talk honestly about this, because having her changed a lot,” she said.

“Having a child gets in the way of writing. It does. You can’t own your time the way you used to.

“But the other thing that motherhood does — and I kind of feel sorry for men that they can’t have this — is open up a new emotional plane that can feed your art.”

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/im-sorry-for-men-because-they-cant-have-babies-chimamanda-says/

[/quote]
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Iamdeagle: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2018
Bloggers!

She granted an interview. Out of all the beautiful things she said, this was the only sentence you could choose to use as your topic.

I trowey salute.

Una try.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by chrisviral(m): 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
PRESENTATION:

God is probably hermaphrodite cheesy cheesy

If he is quantifiable in human terms, then he is not God. grin grin

A fully comprehensible God is no God at all.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by DjQris(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Buh this babe needs serious love, better penisilin and cuddling,.....conji is getting to her head!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Saintmary(f): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
These statements say a lot about how this woman views men, the way she runs her home and the way she treats her husband. Fatherhood is a beautiful thing, much separate from motherhood, and different. Having a child changes a real Dad (I'm not talking about sperm donors and single husbands). The fact that she didn't experience it, didn't allow her husband to, or whatever the case may be doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2018

Learn to spell correctly. That should be your major concern. When you spell correctly then you can chat with elders.
LOL..I understand ur problem... Take care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) / Twisted Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.