Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

"Oro's Victim" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Oro's Victim" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre (325 Views)

The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor (2) By Tosan Tarre / The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor By Tosan Tarre / "The Houseboy" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Oro's Victim" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre by SynCityNg: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
Evelyn dragged her feet as she approached the green-and-white house. She could see her mother seated in front of the house on a white plastic chair, legs spread apart, digging dirt out of her fingers with a splinter of a broomstick.

Evelyn tightened her hold on the arm of her school bag. She had failed the term’s exams again. 23 out of 24 was written in red ink on the bottom left of her report sheet. She wondered how she was going to tell such news to her mother who was already convinced that her brain was not good for anything. Not like failing her exams was news anyway.

“They did not teach you at school to hail your elders when you see them?” her mother snapped even before she could say anything.

“Good afternoon, ma,” she greeted, tight-lipped.

“What was your position this time?” the latter replied, ignoring her greeting.

“She took last,” Gbubemi, her younger sister interposed.

Evelyn eyed her menacingly. Gbubemi winced.

“Is it today?” Her mother turned her lips at her and shook her head. “Your brain is not useful for anything. Nothing! If I talk now, they will say my mouth is smelling.”

Evelyn sucked on her lower lip and ... http://syncityng.com/2018/07/10/save-these-juices-with-tosan-tarre-3/

(1) (Reply)

.........Nothing to see here / ACPP Congratulates Isiaka Gboyega Oyetola On His Emergence As APC Flagbearer / The Beauty's In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.