Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials (20098 Views)

EFCC Confirms Mompha Arrest, Releases Statement And Photos / Police Releases Statement Over Woman Who Accused Husband Of Being A Ritualist / Police Releases Statement On Man Who Was Shot By SARS In Ojota (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by OCTAVO: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
Okay
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by rockcitie: 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
post=69261233:
All workers have rights that should be protected

Bros, do you LIVE on nairaland You comment on almost every thread. Sometimes as FTC & other times you post multiple comments on front page. Don't you have anything that keeps you busy

SMH
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by vonlogon: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2018
Can someone please tell us why NLC was at MTN. They couldn't have just swerved off the road to destroy property at MTN. how did all this start
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Mboi2: 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
Despite the fact that I don't like the way NLC went about the whole thing, MTN Nigeria should be checked. The way they casualise workers and throw them out as they like is not fair. If you hear how ISON BPO, CNSSL and other contractors are managing MTN Contract staff, you'll have pity on them and I believe it's because they're not part of NLC, thats why they do whatever they like. Let's say NO to casualization of workers in Nigeria by foreign companies.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Rollitout: 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
It is not mandatory to join union.... say the police...
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by slivertongue: 11:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
MTN &NLC are d same

one exploits her wokers, while d oda pretends 2fight 4wokers bt forgets dem once dues are collected
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Tunagee(m): 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
Good for MTN. Very exploitative organisation. Contracts staff work for 10-13 years of hard labour, even work more than the permanent staff, yet no conversion of status to permanent status.
A lot of injustice done to staff and contract staffs all in the name of no union allowed. They are now claiming they did not discourage staff from joining union, whereas they know that they have strict policies forbidding staff from joining or forming unions. Useless organisation. I worked there for years. At a particular time, MTN Nig.formed an outsourcing firm to take care of call center staffs welfare in MTN, all pensions and taxes were deducted from these staffs salaries, but were never remitted to the pension company. aside that, there were no medicals extended to staff family members. When the company was wound up, all the pension claims by these staffs were forfeited cos no union to fight for the staffs. On another occasion MTN contract staffs at the call centers were suddenly outsourced to an Indian slave driver firm called ISON BPO international who tells the staffs they would only pay N45,000 against N100,000 plus paid by MTN. The sad part is that MTN never intervened on this poor payment by their contractors forcing all the staffs to resign in their thousands. This is just few of the many injustices to staff. All these because u are not allowed to belong to unions as a staff. Stupid injustice!!!! That serves u well MTN.[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Domcarezo: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
It is only in Nigeria that you will subscribe 5 times for a 3.5 GB monthly data under one month, very useless network....look at GLO which is an indigenous company, they keep fooling themselves..... If you are an employee and expect to be treated with respect in this shithole called Nigeria, please think again...as we have no respect for labour laws

Entrepreneurship remains the best
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2018
rockcitie:

Bros, do you LIVE on nairaland You comment on almost every thread. Sometimes as FTC & other times you post multiple comments on front page. Don't you have anything that keeps you busy

SMH
Bros, for you to be monitoring someone this much.
It's obvious you are the jobless one here.
If you have something doing with your life, you won't dedicate it to know so much about someone who doesn't know if you exist.
Lazy Hypocrite.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
Lol grin.
End of discussion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by rockcitie: 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
modelmike7:

Bros, for you to be monitoring someone this much.
It's obvious you are the jobless one here.
If you have something doing with your life, you won't dedicate it to know so much about someone who doesn't know if you exist.
Lazy Hypocrite.

You don't need to monitor anyone who constitutes a nuisance. Or are you also one?

Lazy youth
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
Kill them with love cheesy
Keep making money, while the evil jobless ones keep hating for no reason. cheesy wink
Hahahahahaha grin.
wink grin wink wink wink cheesy grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Customer80: 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
Boldbode:
Majority of MTN staff don't want any union.
NLC is hungry....

lie Mohammed
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Softhands(m): 12:04am On Jul 11, 2018
Spits on you too.... Do you know most of these foreign companies enslave our citizens in the name of employment Something they will never attempt to do in the countries they are coming from... if the can't abide by the rules here, let them pack their load and leave!!!
dROC1:

Sad how the largest employers of labour in Nigeria are foreign companies yet we fine them, picket them and destroy their properties yet we wonder why the likes of Delta and United airlines ran away from Nigeria.

Why are we as a people so unreasonable? Imagine NLC beating up the same MTN workers they said they were protesting to protect their rights. Who is fooling Who?

This country(Zoo) would only be an option to my unborn kids. ** Spits***
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2018
rockcitie:

You don't need to monitor anyone who constitutes a nuisance. Or are you also one?

Lazy youth

True.

I come here mostly at midnight since I barely sleep at night. I go through some of the topics and I find comments of grown arse men on every damn post.

Unlike you though, I judge them discreetly and avoid reading their posts. Lol.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 11, 2018
anthonanik:
Federal government continue harrasing the foreign companies that came to save us from unemployment.

You sound like a certified novice. Its better to keep quiet and be seen as an intelligent person than to start talking and end up raising doubts about your cognitive abilities.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by crafteck(m): 12:45am On Jul 11, 2018
anthonanik:
Federal government continue harrasing the foreign companies that came to save us from unemployment.

They enslaved and ensnared us
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:28am On Jul 11, 2018
UBGG:

True.

I come here mostly at midnight since I barely sleep at night. I go through some of the topics and I find comments of grown arse men on every damn post.

Unlike you though, I judge them discreetly and avoid reading their posts. Lol.

At least , you are a bit wise Ms SS, at least a bit!
It's somewhat, when someone you think is intelligent and think highly of disappoints you. Not so wise after all!
Smh.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Ogalanyaidi(m): 3:31am On Jul 11, 2018
MTN is stupid. They pay Nigerian staffs as little as 45,000 a month. God wil punish that company. Imagine from a salary of 107k to 45k. They got an Indian company to take over and forced us to relocate from lagos to ilorin, ibadan and Abeokuta.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:40am On Jul 11, 2018
dROC1:

Sad how the largest employers of labour in Nigeria are foreign companies yet we fine them, picket them and destroy their properties yet we wonder why the likes of Delta and United airlines ran away from Nigeria.

Why are we as a people so unreasonable? Imagine NLC beating up the same MTN workers they said they were protesting to protect their rights. Who is fooling Who?

This country(Zoo) would only be an option to my unborn kids. ** Spits***
get out, killing those south African xnophbia bastards is not enough, they should leave Nigeria now sef
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Humility017(m): 6:41am On Jul 11, 2018
AlhajiEsu:
I wonder what the role of NLC is in Nigeria. Some of their actions look like thuggery to me. There are so many issues workers face in this country and they are not protesting about it. Some state governments owe up to 6 months salaries. What are they even looking for in that organisation
NLC have lost it bro....
they seems to have an uterior notice behind their actions....
so pathetic.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 11, 2018
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
get out, killing those south African xnophbia bastards is not enough, they should leave Nigeria now sef

Lol, and when South Africans start throwing out Nigerians we won't cry fowl right?. MTN leaving Nigeria will only affect the few owners, but the South African retaliation will affect close to a million Nigerians if not more residing in South Africa. Think carefully.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by alezzy13: 6:55am On Jul 11, 2018
This attack against mtn is silly and mindless. BTW are they the only ones engaging casual staff? What about banks
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by enemmo(f): 7:00am On Jul 11, 2018
Mboi2:
Despite the fact that I don't like the way NLC went about the whole thing, MTN Nigeria should be checked. The way they casualise workers and throw them out as they like is not fair. If you hear how ISON BPO, CNSSL and other contractors are managing MTN Contract staff, you'll have pity on them and I believe it's because they're not part of NLC, thats why they do whatever they like. Let's say NO to casualization of workers in Nigeria by foreign companies.

You are right.

How many percent of mtn staff are full time workers?

They are the only ones doing well.

Nlc shot themselves in the foot, behaving like thugs though..that's my issue with them
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Gamesmart: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2018
Ogalanyaidi:
MTN is stupid. They pay Nigerian staffs as little as 45,000 a month. God wil punish that company. Imagine from a salary of 107k to 45k. They got an Indian company to take over and forced us to relocate from lagos to ilorin, ibadan and Abeokuta.

That is your fault.

They are not stupid, you are stupid depending on some God to punish the company while doing as you are told.

If you are any sensible, you need to form a union with your colleagues and then strike for 1 month during a period they need you they most.

If you cannot find a time like that, then you are only worth the N45K.

If you all cannot work together to do that, then most of you are stupid.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by krisdzhon: 7:48am On Jul 11, 2018
What the NLC did is a classical case of unlawful use of the Law!

The NLC leadership have zero knowledge how the economic system works.

Sadly, their past and present actions are the reasons why we have no functional large scale Industries in Nigeria. Labour leaders often collaborate with corrupt Politicians in ruining the economy!

Their ongoing actions will sabotage the Nigerian economy by truncating foreign direct investments (FDIs) which will sure lead to a rippling effect of rising unemployment rate!

#SAY NO TO MALICIOUS LABOUR ACTIONS#

1 Like

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Gamesmart: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2018
Tunagee:
Good for MTN. Very exploitative organisation. Contracts staff work for 10-13 years of hard labour, even work more than the permanent staff, yet no conversion of status to permanent status.
A lot of injustice done to staff and contract staffs all in the name of no union allowed. They are now claiming they did not discourage staff from joining union, whereas they know that they have strict policies forbidding staff from joining or forming unions. Useless organisation. I worked there for years. At a particular time, MTN Nig.formed an outsourcing firm to take care of call center staffs welfare in MTN, all pensions and taxes were deducted from these staffs salaries, but were never remitted to the pension company. aside that, there were no medicals extended to staff family members. When the company was wound up, all the pension claims by these staffs were forfeited cos no union to fight for the staffs. On another occasion MTN contract staffs at the call centers were suddenly outsourced to an Indian slave driver firm called ISON BPO international who tells the staffs they would only pay N45,000 against N100,000 plus paid by MTN. The sad part is that MTN never intervened on this poor payment by their contractors forcing all the staffs to resign in their thousands. This is just few of the many injustices to staff. All these because u are not allowed to belong to unions as a staff. Stupid injustice!!!! That serves u well MTN.[b][/b]

This is nonsense!

Some of you are senseless.

You don't need a union to fight for the pension you are entitled to. You need a lawyer!

If you cannot take them to court for such an action, you are either lying or you are dumb. Which one is it?
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
anthonanik:
Same company that scam their customers I suppose lipsrsealed undecided undecided or deir customers no be naija?
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by OfficialAPCNig: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2018
rockcitie:

SMH
That guy is Mai Suya. (Suya Seller). The only problem is that since APC started sharing poverty, people don't have money to patronize him again so he spends most of his time online defending his tormentor.

That is pure Zombeism.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Hotzone(m): 8:05am On Jul 11, 2018
All na wash!
U know?
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by kingsmaila(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2018
Stop contract staffing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Uncovers 12 Containers With N340 Million Tramadol Tablets In Lagos / Security Operatives Foil Attempted Arson At Onitsha Shoprite Mall / Suspected Boko Haram Terrorist Aliko Nabbed By Soldiers In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.