Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,408 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:00 PM

Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! (1697 Views)

Would You Buy This Car For N10m? (pics/video) / Other Things To Know Before You Buy That Car / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by weyreypey: 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
There is one thing that you need to know when buying modern mercedes cars... which is EVERYTHING SCN coded, in simple terms this means YOU as the car owner can no longer spare parts for your car... no more ladipo, no more trinity just to buy spare parts for your benz cars. Henceforth, you must pay to have the spare parts serialized (That is what in essence it means to be SCN coded) to your car, so for 9ja modern Benz owners (Noveau rich) many of whom love to buy parts that were sold through Autohaus, FCP Euro, European Auto Parts, and Pelican all have to turn to Mercedes...for their replacement parts....

It seems Mercedes wants to corner the replacement parts business. Although there are people cracking many of these parts, and the Chinese along with others make some tools to make that possible too.

The big killer for many have been the 722.9 conductor plates. You cannot buy one. It must be bought by a licensed with some one with a "lock n key license"... The days of buying a aftermarket conductor plate for $100 to $200 from your favorite mail-order parts place is over, or even RockAuto. It is over for the diy'er. One has to jump through hoops to DIY it. The new conductor plate(that contains the TCU) may cost from $1300 to $1600. Pay a licensed shop to do the work, so another $1000 or $1500. Fluid depending on the 722.9 you have that is $20/ liter (not Abro oe Seahorse). Oh lets not forget if you own a car with the version VGS1 or possibly VGS2 that the new conductor plate you need (although available) is no longer compatible to your valve body, so Mr. Customer that will be another $1000 for a new valve body, and they might push for new solenoids too . You hear that-What a racket of crap...

Be very happy where you are at.. Be very happy.... be it the W211, W202, W203, W210, W201, W124 etc

To achieve this DIY one has to buy a 2nd hand VGS-International suppliers/ junk yards. Find someone to clear it (Virginize it) for $300 to $400 and write your new VIN code to your car, but the show is not over as maybe for those same $300 to $400 you need to add the software program for the gear shifting for that particular model MB car with that engine

One needs MB Star in owning one of these cars for sure, so you better own one...

Their is a new version of the 722.9( not a revision) it is called the 9G-Tronic Plus. Uses different fluid introduced in E series, yet not all MB models have it for those years as they are still using regular 9G-Tronic(Non Plus) with the red ATF(The plus units use blue ATF).

If you are cheap bastard, do not want to sink all your precious well-earned money into a stupid car(by the way all cars are stupid in my book-some more than others. They do not bring nothing to our bottom line in our lives we just need them to get to point A to B, and survive a wreck getting to A to B).

Think about what you wish for....

You might be reallllllll happy where you are at...

Culled from https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/2995737-upgrade-w210.html
Mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by weyreypey: 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
Beware
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2018
Mr. Weyreypey,

Could you outline the models & versions of Benzies that do not require all these madness?

Are the (2010 E63 AMG) & (2010 CLS63 AMG) also in this category?

1 Share

Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by weyreypey: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2018
Zoharariel:
Mr. Weyreypey,

Could you outline the models & versions of Benzies that do not require all these madness?

Are the (2010 E63 AMG) & (2010 CLS63 AMG) also in this category?

I will soon... W212 E klasse, W204 C klasse. And models from these period forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2018
It's not all the modules that require programming. Reprogramming modules has been a thing in cars. It's a norm in cadillac and opel cars. It's also common in some BMW modules. Besides, the link you posted is just a comment from one person. One persons opinion undecided besides, when buying a module that has to be reprogrammed from the market, you are warned strictly that the module has to be reprogrammed same with parts from rockauto and fcpeuro reprogramming is put as a disclaimer in some parts.
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by weyreypey: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
It's not all the modules that require programming. Reprogramming modules has been a thing in cars. It's a norm in cadillac and opel cars. It's also common in some BMW modules. Besides, the link you posted is just a comment from one person. One persons opinion undecided besides, when buying a module that has to be reprogrammed from the market, you are warned strictly that the module has to be reprogrammed same with parts from rockauto and fcpeuro reprogramming is put as a disclaimer in some parts.
Thanks for the explaining further. However most parts in newer version of Mercedes Benz vehicles require coding... It's very different from your regular w124, 202, 123, even the 211 and 210 some of which require limited coding in terms of eis or DAS related issues. This is different from the focus of this article...

In the 9Gtronic transmission as discussed above you can not replace the valve body like you'd gleefully do in a 5Gtronic transmission absent coding... In the modern Mercedes Benz all part exchanges require coding
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2018
weyreypey:

Thanks for the explaining further. However most parts in newer version of Mercedes Benz vehicles require coding... It's very different from your regular w124, 202, 123, even the 211 and 210 some of which require limited coding in terms of eis or DAS related issues. This is different from the focus of this article...

In the 9Gtronic transmission as discussed above you can not replace the valve body like you'd gleefully do in a 5Gtronic transmission absent coding... In the modern Mercedes Benz all part exchanges require coding

Including the shocks, linkages, sway bar links and control arms. Only the electronic modules require coding. The star system the commenter talked about a China cloned one with all capabilities can be gotten for 500 dollars on ebay. Autel and a lot of high end scanners can reprogram Mercedes benz modules albeit with a subscription fee.
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by Triniti(m): 7:56am On Jul 12, 2018
weyreypey:

I will soon... W212 E klasse, W204 C klasse. And models from these period forward
can you be specific with the year of the W204? Are all w204 in this madness too?
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by clemz85(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
I don't know what this post really mean, though I think it's talking about Benz,

Ok pls is it advisable to convert 190 carburator to volks carburator?

I went do it as soon as poss.
What could be the effect?
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
clemz85:
I don't know what this post really mean, though I think it's talking about Benz,

Ok pls is it advisable to convert 190 carburator to volks carburator?

I went do it as soon as poss.
What could be the effect?
I have answered you in your other thread.
Re: Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! by clemz85(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

I have answered you in your other thread.

Aha! I gat a relief

(1) (Reply)

Enquiry About Hyundai Accent Parts Affordability / Can Nigeria Motorist Ever Do This During The Traffic / Pls What Is The Difference Between This 2 Mobile 1 Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.