Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) (10317 Views)

Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral / Join The Entrepreneur Community. / Nairalanders advice helped a physically challenged Entrepreneur. Now I’m married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by Amakachris95(f): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
Smoothies Palace is the go to place in Abuja, for premium quality healthy food and beverage.

Our menu includes made-to-order smoothies, natural fruit juice, fruit parfait, salads and tiger nut milk.

Our smoothies are made without water, sugar, preservatives, dairy and colouring. Just organic fruits and vegetables.

We give you the option of having your five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.

Our great tasting healthy food keeps you coming back for more.
To place your order please call: 07035797531
Instagram: smoothie_palace
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by sucess001(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
If peace Hyde is not there...its a joke...

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by BanevsJoker(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Biko which one is media influencer? Is it an occupation or job description? More like Leech or parasite, depending on an elder sister's hard/soft work.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by zlantanfan: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
bukatyne:

Even if they cumtrepreneurs, you would agree that they worked hard at their craft to be recognized.

Cumtrepreneuring plenty; excelling at the result of it is not.

Give them well deserved accolades.

I give up honestly, I would rather acknowledge a pepper seller girl with diligence than glorify some gold digging refurbished prostitutes.

No matter what it now seems today ASHAWO NO BE WORK

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Pray tell, @ bolded.
I am really interested in hearing your views

Not same industry or value.

Laura IkejI has done well however, I would listen to flying Doc and take her as a role model over Laura.

Cc: daveP
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by Chartey(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
sucess001:
If peace Hyde is not there...its a joke...
The organisers won't get her easily
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by bukatyne(f): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
zlantanfan:
I give up honestly, I would rather acknowledge a pepper seller girl with diligence than glorify some gold digging refurbished prostitutes.

No matter what it now seems today ASHAWO NO BE WORK

And the pepper seller might not have done ashewo work to raise capital.

How do you know that the flying Doc did not do ashewo work too?

Or how do you see about eight ladies and assume they all did ashewo work to succeed/start business?
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2018
bukatyne:

Laura IkejI has done well however, I would listen to flying Doc and take her as a role model over Laura.
Noted although I beg to differ a bit.
But its all good.
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by bukatyne(f): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Noted although I beg to differ a bit.
But its all good.

Share your opinion na.
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
bukatyne:

Share your opinion na.

Ok, here is my deal.
I don't believe one should measure success (or a person's claim as successful) simply because they don't fall under a certain acceptable industry or reached a certain level of academic excellence or purported intelligence.
Now I am just typing generally. I am not saying that is your genuine school of thought. I am going somewhere pls.

Let's take Laura for example (whom I am not even sure that I personally like - but that's not the issue here), to me fits the bill of success or "boss lady". She may have gotten some financial aid from big sis to start but she is a hard worker.
She started a dance school after NYSC, is a published author (her first book sold out), she started a clothing line from scratch, mentors at various secondary schools and still find time to be a mom and wife and she isn't showing signs of slowing down.
There are so many others that would have just chilled to bask in the limelight (and enjoy spending ) of big sis fame and fortune.

Area of specialty and industry should not negate value of a person in the eyes of society.
We all contribute in our own ways and that is probably why the organizers of this particular event chose a variegated group of women.
Such is the cue adopted by Vogue and Time Magazine in their "people of the year" issues as well.
My humble opinion.
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by LaudableXX: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
AlexReports:
Leading business/entrepreneurship magazine, The Entrepreneur Africa, is set to host hundreds of female entrepreneurs and career women for the Boss Lady Conference, 2018.

The event, with the theme, ‘Be The Woman Who Runs The Show’, will feature, as speakers and panelists, 10 accomplished women, who are set to share their stories of growth and influence, and teach the principles of becoming a woman who achieves great results even in the fields or offices dominated by men.

This event will also feature a networking session and a coffee break, during which the attending women will connect and synergize for possible partnerships and mutual support. Some of the Speakers Include:
Mimi V. Omokri (Head of Business and Corporate Development, Sub-Saharan Africa, at Uber); Laura Ikeji (Top Brand Influencer, author, and fashion entrepreneur), Ruth Kadiri (Nollywood star actress and Producer), Dr. Ola Orekunrin (CEO, Flying Doctors Nigeria), Mabel Makun (CEO, Midas Interiors Ltd), Joy Isi Bewaji (Controversial Social Activist and MD, Writers INC), and others.

This event originally costs N10,000, but is currently free (with terms and conditions). To register, quickly visit the link below, before the free window closes.
www.theentrepreneurafrica.com/bosslady

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/07/the-entrepreneur-africa-brings-together_10.html?m=1

Goodness, gracious me! What is Laura Ikeji doing on that list? What qualifies her to be there? shocked There are only 3 serious people on that list - Ola Orekunrin, Mimi Omokri and maybe Mabel Makun. The rest na wash....
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by LaudableXX: 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
Ok, here is my deal.
I don't believe one should measure success (or a person's claim as successful) simply because they don't fall under a certain acceptable industry or reached a certain level of academic excellence or purported intelligence.
Now I am just typing generally. I am not saying that is your genuine school of thought. I am going somewhere pls.

Let's take Laura for example (whom I am not even sure that I personally like - but that's not the issue here), to me fits the bill of success or "boss lady". She may have gotten some financial aid from big sis to start but she is a hard worker.
She started a dance school after NYSC, is a published author (her first book sold out), she started a clothing line from scratch, mentors at various secondary schools and still find time to be a mom and wife and she isn't showing signs of slowing down.
There are so many others that would have just chilled to bask in the limelight (and enjoy spending ) of big sis fame and fortune.

Area of specialty and industry should not negate value of a person in the eyes of society.
We all contribute in our own ways and that is probably why the organizers of this particular event chose a variegated group of women.
Such is the cue adopted by Vogue and Time Magazine in their "people of the year" issues as well.
My humble opinion.

Laura Ikeji's book sold out? shocked Just how many copies did it sell? Where, when and how? If book sales was all it took to be rated as successful, then the likes of Sefi Attah, Chimamanda Adichie, Chris Abani, Lola Shoneyin, Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani etc whose different books have been sold in thousands, in different parts of the world, and have been translated into different languages, would beat her achievement, hands down!

Started a clothing line from scratch? I am trying hard not to laugh. wink Too many people have done that. She owns a small boutique of less than 20 square metres in one location in Lekki area of Lagos Island, and you call that starting a clothing line? Where is the innovation in that? Almost every business woman or trader has been there, done that, and even gotten the T-shirt when it comes to clothing lines. Why do we like to glorify hype, in this country? What would you call Deola Sagoe's achievements then, if you are busy hyping Laura's small boutique?

The real pioneers of clothing lines have not even been mentioned, yet.

Abeg, make una call another person name. Laura never start business.... undecided
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by daveP(m): 12:59am On Jul 12, 2018
bukatyne:
I don't think the flying Doc and Uber Boss should be among them.

Welldone beautiful ladies; the term 'Boss Lady' makes it seem that being a lady is not enough.
Any concrete reason(s) why they shouldn't be among?
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2018
bukatyne:

And the pepper seller might not have done ashewo work to raise capital.

How do you know that the flying Doc did not do ashewo work too?

Or how do you see about eight ladies and assume they all did ashewo work to succeed/start business?
ashewo work with an impact is better than ashewo work that flies private jet with to tangible impact. Ashewo work who can motivate young ladies to be own businesses and create employment is better than Ashewo work flaunting channel on social media.
Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by bukatyne(f): 8:16am On Jul 12, 2018
daveP:
Any concrete reason(s) why they shouldn't be among?

I will just tag you on my response to someone else.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by bukatyne(f): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2018
majekdom2:
ashewo work with an impact is better than ashewo work that flies private jet with to tangible impact. Ashewo work who can motivate young ladies to be own businesses and create employment is better than Ashewo work flaunting channel on social media.

So you are fine with ashewo work as long as it has impact?

Well the organizers has decided which 'ashewo work' has impact to them.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) by daveP(m): 9:36am On Jul 12, 2018
bukatyne:

Cc: dave
You still haven't given me any concrete reasons why she shouldn't be on the list.

I'd say Laura shouldnt be on that list. She rides in her sister's wings no doubt.

I prefer to see peep that struggled up to the top without deniable favours.

I know her personally and trust me, like other black kids in the UK, the Dele Alli parental issues in so common, and few use it to be inspires to get to the top as Ola has.

But I don't like the disregard for parents it fosters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bead Making / Barclays Bank Installs Device To Track Workers At Desks / Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.