Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,129 members, 7,807,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja (19984 Views)

As A Nigerian-american, I Would Like Insight On Which Language To Learn / Gbagyi : The Unsung Tribe - History Of The Gbagyi People By Isaac Somto / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by 24hoursreporter: 7:07am On Jul 11, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
how do you know we don't know all these things?

LOL, @babyfaceafrica, you may know it. But I am certain of the fact that most people aren't aware of this story
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by miniziter(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2018
Op forgot to add that they love staying in the forest
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Idrismusty97(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2018
Nobody owns anywhere. We all migrated from somewhere. This Gbagyi people are only good at selling their lands and moving further into the forest.
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Alwaysking: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2018
The Stvpid government just chanced them, Nawa o

1 Like

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Julietcutie(f): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2018
they are very nice people their men are so lazy... most of their new generation girls /ladies just get pregnant out of wedlock or do prostitution but they are really nice... their mother /aged women are so strong and hard working
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by musa76: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Everything that was said here is true, and their is still more to be said. But I want to correct the person that says Gbagyi people are lazy, they are not, they are always very hard working.

5 Likes

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Gucciboss: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2018
They are not the owner. Nobody owns anything in this world. They are just the only early Abuja inhabitants known to the modern world. grin
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Very beautiful.

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Idrismusty97(m): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2018
musa76:
Everything that was said here is true, and their is still more to be said. But I want to correct the person that says Gbagyi people are lazy, they are not, they are always very hard working.
They are the most lazy àss people i have ever seen in my entire life. Their women does everything while they sleep under mango trees with pot belly sleeping and gossiping. Which culture sends their women off to go fetch firewood and break it while they sleep all day, grow pot belly and gossip? Gbagyi

1 Like

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by adedavids(m): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2018
Savages... Lots of spirits hovers around the Zuma rock. reason why all the structures around it were abandoned and fled. You have to put a goat(Akuya) by your door every night or the spirit kills your family member.
Their is a fish market opposite the rock- Abandoned
Their is a resort centre opposite it- Abandoned
Their is a hotel with very large landmass -Abandoned
Even Niger state government build mass housing around maddalla. After unavoidable slaps, people fled. Though, people with stronger spirits now have colonized the region. Beware of slaps as you read

2 Likes

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by silent10(m): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2018
LexngtonSteele:
They and [b]Gwari people get juju pass anything.

I have been told severally that some developers were warned not to build that hotel close to Zuma Rock because it is holy to the natives.

After some mysterious slaps in the night and many deaths, the project was abandoned. The hotel is still incomplete.

Maybe the story is not true but i love mysteries and horror stories grin[/b]
They are the same, some people just mispronounce them. the real name is gbagyi
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by bugidon(m): 7:17am On Jul 11, 2018
The most peaceful tribe up north. I love gbayi people

1 Like

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by GOFRONT(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2018
shocked
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by LexngtonSteele: 7:19am On Jul 11, 2018
silent10:

They are the same, some people just mispronounce them. the real name is gbagyi

Thanks brother, for educating me

1 Like

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 11, 2018
Shekwosa and Shekwogaza, come and see what they wrote about your people.
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by buttlover(m): 7:20am On Jul 11, 2018
one of my corper friend (black) erected a statue of gbagyi along abuja express.
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by jaybosso: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2018
It fell from the sky abi?...
It's not a must for every one to comment. sad Abuja is no man's land[/quote]
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by emmie14: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Igbo people contribute nothing to this our Nigeria.
Ara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by GOFRONT(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2018
shocked

This is how they carry loads on their shoulder......How those rough firewoods maintain themselves without fallin off, and how the calabash balance perfectly well on the back of their heads still beats my imagination...........But Sisi my ex-Gbagyi girlfriend wouldnt try that.....be forming slayqueen..

Sha Gbagyi women are hardworkers.....But I dont see the possibility of FGN compensating them anytime soon...

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Jayuba(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2018
Nice article coming from a non-Gbagyi. But, i think you made a mistake at the marriage part.
Serving in your inlaws farmland for 7 years is not part of our history. We do serve in inlaws farmland, but not 7 years service. Its based on agreements on the number of times you go to your inlaws farm, not 7 years.
Thanks for the insite though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Abagworo(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2018
Don't be confused by the use of Gbagyi. They are the people referred to as Gwari and have produced President of Nigeria.
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by kanubiafra: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
one reason they wish to leave. so why don't you want them to leave and be usefull to themselves. so you can enjoy your contribution all alone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by bugidon(m): 7:36am On Jul 11, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
you go soon get heart attack for igbo people matter tongue

5 Likes

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by gr8tone: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2018
Nice write-up but it lacks details

1 Like

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by emmie14: 7:40am On Jul 11, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Nobody owns anywhere. We all migrated from somewhere. This Gbagyi people are only good at selling their lands and moving further into the forest.
It is issue of aggression and insults whenever Lagos is identified as no-man's-land. Is justice broken in the case of Gbagyi people?

5 Likes

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by Asquare84(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2018
They are peace loving.

Opp don't forget that somewhere in adavi on Kogi state was also surgested to be the federal capital

You can imagine Fct is in ibira land

No body for know peace

1 Like

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:42am On Jul 11, 2018
lastly they are known for stupidity
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by ariesbull: 7:44am On Jul 11, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Yet you dey beg them make them no leave

That phone that you are using to type that stupid thing was sold to you by an Igbo man

That cheap boxers you wear was made in aba

That house you stay, in that slum of yours the building materials was sold to the landlord by an Igbo man

That TV you are watching was brought in by Igbo man

Maybe it's only your sense that is yours that's why it's like this

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by adecz: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2018
Pre oyibo coming,
the gwari people were an
"unorganized" people who were
vassals of the Zazzau (zaria) kingdom.

Its mean they paid yearly tribute
to Zaria.

Even today, the kingship of the area,
which only recently became known as Suleja
(formerly Abuja kingdom) have
their origin in zaria.

The name Abuja is a nickname of one
of the princes of zaria. His name was Abu
but he was of very fair complection as was
thus called Abu ja, that is Abu red, just as today,
if you have a friend called sunny, who is
very fair, you may call him Sunny 'yellow' or
in hausa, Sunny ja.

2 Likes

Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by apollo13(m): 7:49am On Jul 11, 2018
yemmight:
Unfortunately now, they have pushed the away, far away before you even get to Gwagalada without proper resettlement or compensation. Nigeria.
U can also find them in kuje too.
Re: An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja by apollo13(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2018
ariesbull:

Yet you dey beg them make them no leave

That phone that you are using to type that stupid thing was sold to you by an Igbo man

That cheap boxers you wear was made in aba

That house you stay, in that slum of yours the building materials was sold to the landlord by an Igbo man

That TV you are watching was brought in by Igbo man

Maybe it's only your sense that is yours that's why it's like this
Lwkmd

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Accused Of Fraud (Full Report) / Bride Price/dowry, Do You Support Or Oppose It? / Yoruba - Translation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.