Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? (32181 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by DrayZee: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2018
greenhulk:

I bought a soectrabet freedom modem with 30gb in it. I struggled to finished the 30gb under 1 month, the thing was so too damn slow that I never re subscribed after 1 month. Meanwhile on Ntel I use a minimum of 80gb in a month, sometimes 120gb. The thing is with cheap things come consequences, 1k for 12gb sounds too good, but I don't use wawu sim, I use their classic sim and I pay 3,750 every week for unlimited and it just works.

I love the spectranet freedom modem, it has a long lasting battery, how I wish it could be unlocked. But I cannot stand their snail network speed. Now this might be location based Sha.
You're right, it's probably location issue.
Thank God Ntel works for you.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2018
greenhulk:

I bought a spectranet freedom modem with 30gb in it. I struggled to finished the 30gb under 1 month, the thing was so too damn slow that I never re subscribed after 1 month. Meanwhile on Ntel I use a minimum of 80gb in a month, sometimes 120gb. The thing is with cheap things come consequences, 1k for 12gb sounds too good, but I don't use wawu sim, I use their classic sim and I pay 3,750 every week for unlimited and it just works.

I love the spectranet freedom modem, it has a long lasting battery, how I wish it could be unlocked. But I cannot stand their snail network speed. Now this might be location based Sha.
What your download speed?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
davidoisamoje:

What your download speed?

Less than 2mbps. That's how slow that thing is. Again I understand it could be location, I get about 3-4 network bars
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 9:08am On Jul 16, 2018
greenhulk:

Less than 2mbps. That's how slow that thing is. Again I understand it could be location, I get about 3-4 network bars
Do you use your phone or a 4g modem? And if the later, which one in particular?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ebao2(m): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2018
Pls Wia can I buy ntel SIM in PH
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2018
davidoisamoje:

Do you use your phone or a 4g modem? And if the later, which one in particular?

Are u talking about spectranet or Ntel
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
greenhulk:

Are u talking about spectranet or Ntel

Ntel.

Btw which one one are you using at the moment? Spectranet or Ntel? And what your data speed?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ntel are busy updating website just imagine!

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
davidoisamoje:

Ntel.

Btw which one one are you using at the moment? Spectranet or Ntel? And what your data speed?

I have abandoned my spectranet since last year. I use Ntel with mtn unlocked modem. My speed on Ntel is between 5mbps to 10mbps.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2018
greenhulk:

I have abandoned my spectranet since last year. I use Ntel with mtn unlocked modem. My speed on Ntel is between 5mbps to 10mbps.

shocked shocked can I see the pix of the modem? Let me know if i will just get 1.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Lekan1o1: 10:13am On Jul 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Pls is it the wawu sim?
And which area do u stay.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2018
Lekan1o1:

Pls is it the wawu sim?
And which area do u stay.

Not wawu sim. The classic one. I stay around ogba Lagos

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Lekan1o1: 11:00am On Jul 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Ok.
U said u pay 3.5k weekly?
Menh thats to expensive o
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2018
greenhulk:

How do you check your balance or expiry date if the website and app aren't loading it?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
ollah2:

How do you check your balance or expiry date if the website and app aren't loading it?

Why do I need to check balance when I'm on unlimited? I subscribe every week so once 1 week is over it stops working and I subscribe again. Their website and mobile app is sh**t. The Sim is only good for browsing and streaming.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Why do I need to check balance when I'm on unlimited? I subscribe every week so once 1 week is over it stops working and I subscribe again. Their website and mobile app is sh**t. The Sim is only good for browsing and streaming.

I wanted to check out the time my 1 month sub would expire. I just checked my email and viola it has expired. They didn't even compensate subscribers for the problems we encountered especially those that often sub one month .

Why do you always opt for one week instead of one month? I agree it's a network for brrowing and streaming and yes, I'm using mainly for those purposes.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
ollah2:

I wanted to check out the time my 1 month sub would expire. I just checked my email and viola it has expired. They didn't even compensate subscribers for the problems we encountered especially those that often sub one month .

Why do you always opt for one week instead of one month? I agree it's a network for brrowing and streaming and yes, I'm using mainly for those purposes.

That 17k for 1 month looks like a lot of money and sometimes I don't use it for 2--3 days, so I prefer doing 1 week when I know I'm going to use it. And their app is rubbish, their website is rubbish. I subscribed since yesterday and up till now my line is not browsing, I just finished talking to their cc on the phone now and the lady said they tried activating it yesterday and it didn't go through so now they are sending to technical department and I should wait another 24 hours.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
greenhulk:

That 17k for 1 month looks like a lot of money and sometimes I don't use it for 2--3 days, so I prefer doing 1 week when I know I'm going to use it. And their app is rubbish, their website is rubbish. I subscribed since yesterday and up till now my line is not browsing, I just finished talking to their cc on the phone now and the lady said they tried activating it yesterday and it didn't go through so now they are sending to technical department and I should wait another 24 hours.

Wtf!! Sorry about that bro and I indeed subscribing now. I have been using qucikteller for few months now and it works instantly though at a price of 100 bucks which is not bad. I'm gonna give it a shot again now and update you.

17k no be small bar oo just for internet chai!
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
ollah2:

Wtf!! Sorry about that bro and I indeed subscribing now. I have been using qucikteller for few months now and it works instantly though at a price of 100 bucks which is not bad. I'm gonna give it a shot again now and update you.

17k no be small bar oo just for internet chai!

I always use quickteller too and it always works fter 20-45 mins. Yesterday was my first bad experience.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
greenhulk:

I always use quickteller too and it always works fter 20-45 mins. Yesterday was my first bad experience.

I'm back on ntel and it didn't take upto 10 mins. I restarted the modem twice though
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
I moved on!

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davour(m): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
we do use ntel network in our office around calus miller in pH, through out last week up till now, thier network have been so bleeped... we even went to their office the one close to 2nd artillery near happy bite and also to the one close to shell gate and funny enough they have having d same network problem, but the annoying part is that they were selling their sim card and were trying to register new customers ... I was like this guys are not serious ... their customer will not pick their call, if u call their agent , they will say d fault is from Lagos, we had no option than to change to sepractnet, they are not as fast as ntel but they are still OK
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2018
davour:
we do use ntel network in our office around calus miller in pH, through out last week up till now, thier network have been so bleeped... we even went to their office the one close to 2nd artillery near happy bite and also to the one close to shell gate and funny enough they have having d same network problem, but the annoying part is that they were selling their sim card and were trying to register new customers ... I was like this guys are not serious ... their customer will not pick their call, if u call their agent , they will say d fault is from Lagos, we had no option than to change to sepractnet, they are not as fast as ntel but they are still OK

It's just sad! But me I can't kill my self join Naija problem so I just had to get my self a solution.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davour(m): 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
davidoisamoje:

It's just sad! But me I can't kill my self join Naija problem so I just had to get my self a solution.

I told them they should sell their company l, use d Money and start producing condoms, maybe when they are serious they can come back
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
davour:

I told them they should sell their company l, use d Money and start producing condoms, maybe when they are serious they can come back

grin grin cheesy wink I think they already blocked my sim already because I cant login.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by otokx(m): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Just recharged my ntel wawu sim, seems like they will overcome the challenges.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ulrich01(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2018
Did we just hit FP. shocked shocked
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by otokx(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Ulrich01:
Did we just hit FP. shocked shocked

Yes we did, 12GB for 1000 naira is really revolutionary though there is a drawback of getting a 4g device.

Ntel is not dead.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by obojememe: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2018
been to their alaba office over five times to purchase a sim card it’s always no network for registration story all the time...i gave up on them already anyway
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by gratiaeo(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2018
Zapping of data is most annoying
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by blackaxe78: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2018
davidoisamoje:
So for the past weeks, ntel have been having a lot of issues ranging from:

1. Unable to sub
2. Zapping of data
3. Slow network ( can't download fast )
4. Network disconnection
5. Lot of signals for days etc.

With all this above and more, their customer care ( customer nightmare ) will keep giving you 1 same reply! If you want to try for your self, call them in the morning b4 9 am and they will tell you " before 12 pm today " call after 12 pm you get something like " in 24hours it will be resolved "

What do you think is the best step to make/take, to save our self this trouble and to avoid late delivery of works done!

Truth be told, it's dead. That company won't survive the next 12 months except if acquired by an investor ready to spend.

Anyone has a right to think otherwise, but it won't change the fact that it's down already. A miracle can't bail out.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans / Five Most Used Phone in Nigeria 2014 ... / New Smartphones Expected To Be Released Early 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.