Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says (26573 Views)

Friends Of Naira Marley Storm Court With Shouts Of "100 BG & Free Naira Marley" / "You Only Shout And You Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade"-oap Slams Tiwa Savage(video) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Shouts ‘Ojoro’ Before Announcing Wizkid winner at #Headies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by chuksbogus: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
greatman247:
This is ridiculous. Tiwa don't even shout to start with. Her songs are well arranged and articulated. Yemi Alade shout instead even though she also got talent. But Tiwa certainly not a fluke and not overrated she really can sing.

she said when she is performing on stage as in live concert not the adulterated studio work. when it comes to vocal dexterity, u look at waje, yemi Alade, Omawumi, similar and their likes.thus are people that can hold it it down on live bad because they have a good natural voice not studio help me. yes she is truthfully correct
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Ihateyoumod: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
With the kpangolo song wey yemi dey sing

1 Like

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Sterope(f): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2018
Tiwa has a good vocal range however her voice may not be well suited for core afro-pop. Same goes for Dija, especially dija.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqirmf7Z17g

kolawoleibukun2:
LOL
she is not far away from the truth. but none of the two can really sing. they are both hustlers not singer. we no get singers.
the quality of the voices in nigeria is average. nothing just strikes me. Asa is the only one i can listen to and relax my mind. I no no wetin Omawunmi day do with her voice but i stopped being a fan already. the other ones their voices day average.

1 Like

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Saff(f): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
DONT EVER TALK ABOUT THE BEYONCÉ OF NIGERIA LIKE THAT!!!!! EVER!!! angry TIWA HAS NO COMPETITION

3 Likes

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by greatman247(m): 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
chuksbogus:

she said when she is performing on stage as in live concert not the adulterated studio work. when it comes to vocal dexterity, u look at waje, yemi Alade, Omawumi, similar and their likes.thus are people that can hold it it down on live bad because they have a good natural voice not studio help me. yes she is truthfully correct

No I don't believe you and your illustrations. Tiwa kills more shows, Tiwa hold it down more, aside the studio work. Check the numbers, she's lying, Tiwa sells more. No other Nigerian female musician does it better than Tiwa currently. She is truly number one.

2 Likes

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Afonja007: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
mayweather145:
yemi can't even shut down ...where simi shuts down . yemi that if u listen to her song u don't even know exactly what language she is speaking . she is not even close to tekno or simi .... talk more of davido or wizkid....
not only simi but pant yemi is in the same category with tiwa her looking for my johnney is most viewed female video on you tube simi is still in secondry school in music
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Triiipjnr(m): 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
grin grin She only said that to tease yemi alade since she was d guest.believe (oap)s at ur own peryl.nonsense.
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Sterope(f): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
Tiwa''s voice is not for afro music. Yemi Alade''s voice is.

If we are talking about vocal range though, Tiwa has it.

Eke40seven:
Tiwa' s stage voice is horrible. Take it from someone who has been to many of her live performances. If you doubt it, then some YouTube videos will reveal the truth.
She hardly sings her song on stage, she just mims to her CD playing at the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGjxuLked8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KImRlauHy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BylYvMDj41o

Just watch a few of these clips and you will see she is a fraud.. I really doubt the stories online that she back up the musicians she claims she did. I have searched and searched and can't find even one video as evidence. I think may be she was just a dancer and claimed to be a vocalist. Her vocals on the records are filtered and cooked up.
I don't hate her as a person, I think I like her total package as a diva much more than Yemi but Yemi have proven herself already when it comes to vocal power because she won a damn singing competition, that was the biggest in Nigeria. And her music videos have more views on YouTube....

1 Like

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
I hate celebrity news.. Share if you agree
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Peppergroove(m): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
This OP is mad ooo
Actually it's the opposite, yemi screams! !!! Literally! !

2 Likes

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Gassa007: 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
mayweather145:
yemi can't even shut down ...where simi shuts down . yemi that if u listen to her song u don't even know exactly what language she is speaking . she is not even close to tekno or simi .... talk more of davido or wizkid....
If you don't know try ask or better still use google. This Le Trainon in Paris was shutdown by Yemi Alade.Yeye dey smell

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by abysirius(m): 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
If she offended u just come out straight and lash out at her; but to say Yemi sings better than Tiwa is ridiculous and preposterous. Without trying to undermine the effort of the former, remember others pple outside the shore of this country listen to their songs too and one has more fans than the others. Tiwa is gifted and she stands out! Yemi, Simi, Seyi Shay and others are good too but Tiwa is number 1.

2 Likes

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Gassa007: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Tiwa's fan base in Africa is way more than Yemi's fan base

I was shocked when some of my African friends were describing Tiwa back in 2005 Mtvbase award in Sa.

They told me that they only went to watch her perform live, but I think she was a no show for that award having performed with Patoranking in the previous year.

Meanwhile, they have hardly heard of the best female artist for that year by then. which happened to be Yemi for her Jonny song
Lies from pit of hell, try google or YouTube Yemi alade. Check one of her shows in Paris. Media only focus on Tiwa Savage

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Iamgrey5(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
Gassa007:

Lies from pit of hell, try google or YouTube Yemi alade. Check one of her shows in Paris. Media only focus on Tiwa Savage
I hope you know the MTV base award was held in Africa not Paris

And Paris is not Africa

Read and understand before quoting me again sir.
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Ekaka1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
LOL
she is not far away from the truth. but none of the two can really sing. they are both hustlers not singer. we no get singers.
the quality of the voices in nigeria is average. nothing just strikes me. Asa is the only one i can listen to and relax my mind. I no no wetin Omawunmi day do with her voice but i stopped being a fan already. the other ones their voices day average.
Simi is naturally endowed ..she's young and still way behind Asa but she's good...she's got something there.
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Gassa007: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Iamgrey5:
I hope you know the MTV base award was held in Africa not Paris

And Paris is not Africa

Read and understand before quoting me again sir.
That shows your friends are bloody lairs, for people in far away Paris to fill up Le Trainon Theatre and some people in Africa claim not to know her
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by salford: 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
This oap must be an indomie generation pikin.
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Iamgrey5(m): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
Gassa007:

That shows your friends are bloody lairs, for people in far away Paris to fill up Le Trainon Theatre and some people in Africa claim not to know her
Bruv
African ain't a country. it is a continent.

Yemi wasn't even existing in 2014, while Tiwa was dominating the airwaves with two of her singles.

I also witnessed the awards myself..
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
Who God bless let no one course
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by YorubaAssasin: 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
Na ONLY Yoruba pple sabi shut down a venue. Dem no born okoro pple well... dem no sabi.. grin grin

LZAA
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by ProfGday(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
√Charisma on Stage - Tiwa √Voice - Tiwa √Lyrics - Tiwa √Dance Step - Tiwa √ Popularity - Tiwa √Achievements - Tiwa √ Scandal rating - Tiwa √ No of Songs released - Tiwa √ Exposure - Tiwa √ Most Collaboration - Tiwa √ Most Talk About - Tiwa √ Beauty - Tiwa(despite been an after one) √ No of shows attended per annum - Tiwa √ Endorsements -Tiwa
Yemi Alade is just a goat calling herself a circus Bull.
argue with your keyboard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by milemimi93(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
LifestyleTonite:
OAP Misi has slammed Tiwa Savage during a talk show on Hot FM which had Yemi Alade as guest. A video of the interview shows Misi stating that Tiwa Savage only shouts when she’s performing and that she doesn’t have Yemi Alade’s kind of vocal range.

See Video Below.

In another discussion during the interview, Yemi Alade revealed that she is in the same category as Wizkid and Davido because she has also shut down the same venues both singers have shut down.

She said:

Watch the video below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/07/tiwa-savage-shouts-yemi-alade-oap/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtiAgeEpPQg&feature=youtu.be

All of them are w.h.o.r.es
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by obidevine(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2018
Like for Asa

Share for Tiwa Savage

Quote for Yemi Alade

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Almunjid(m): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
LOL
Where is my money? Mr promise and fail

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by princy80(m): 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
magicminister:
Loool

I strongly believe she wanted to say it the other way round. Tiwa can sing for Africa but Yemi can shout HOHA and skoromborom!
lol,
yemi be singing tumbum-tumbum and knack am... how many awards does she have to her name?

1 Like

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by spinna: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
While you dullard OAP can only yarn rubbish.

Tiwa is a great voice and so is Yemi. Not exactly the same type of voice but both are very competent singers.
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by spinna: 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
This was before Yemi blew up... her voice is super strong. Tiwas is more mellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_-Z9GjlzA
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by kolawoleibukun2: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ekaka1:

Simi is naturally endowed ..she's young and still way behind Asa but she's good...she's got something there.
yeah but her voice has no distinct quality. The tone is flat. Take away the instrumentals, they all will sound very creepy
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2018
Seriously,bt nt only ladies tho,dat tin disgusts me,u need to see 1 guy like dat on itv,weneva he speaks,i feel like dragging him frm my tv nd givin him a dirty slap,dey shud jst speak in dre normal voice instead of rolling words in their mouths like imbeciles,forming nonsense accents... Hate dat tin
soberdrunk:
I wonder why so many female Nigerians like to adopt 'fake accents' especially these OAPs......... angry
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by LZAA: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
Na ONLY Yoruba pple sabi shut down a venue. Dem no born okoro pple well... dem no sabi.. grin grin

LZAA

Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by kolawoleibukun2: 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
ayomideojo011:

Have you listened to Simi’s album?
yes, i have and her voice has no quality.
None of the songs in her album displays her vocal tone and range. Same as the rest
Re: Misi Of HotFM: Tiwa Savage Shouts, She Can’t Sing Like Yemi Alade - OAP Says by kolawoleibukun2: 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
frenzyduchess:
I strongly disagree with the bolded, having listened to simi .
when u isolate the instrumental from vocal u go see wetin i day talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sinach With President Felix Tshisekedi Of DRC Congo (Photos) / Esther Nwankwo: Coordinator Of MBMN Marks 30th Birthday With Stunning Photos / Georgina Onuoha Stuns In Bikini (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.