Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,375 members, 7,781,050 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:04 AM

Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) (11532 Views)

Tanker Explosion On Kara Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Road: LRU & Fire Service Attacked / LRU Retrieved A Fallen Tanker From Apapa Road - Photos / LRU Officials On A Rescue Mission On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by AutoJoshNG: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
There are a good number of some positive reports coming from Lagosians about the Lagos State Rescue Units (LRU).

For instance, a Facebook user, identified as Toyin Obasunlaye, shared his LRU experience via the social network.

Read below..

“MY LAGOS STATE EXPERIENCE

I had an experience this morning which changed my orientation towards Lagos State Government and Nigeria at large.

On my way to work this morning, my car broke down (fuel pump issue) on 3rd mainland bridge– just after Iyana Oworo. I was stranded because my mechanic did not come on time. Twenty minutes later, the LRU (Lasema Response Unit ) showed up. In my mind, I was already saying “oh God, this guys will collect all my money today just to tow this vehicle off the bridge”. Surprisingly, they approached me politely and told me that the place is not safe hence, they will have to tow the vehicle to a safer place. I agreed since my options were limited and they towed my vehicle to the police post at middle of 3rd mainland bridge. I requested for my bill and waited for them to exploit me by stating a large amount. Imagine my shock when they informed me the service is free. I was stunned into silence and I thought “can there be any free thing in Lagos?” I deep my hand in the pocket and gave them some token for drinks. Again, they shocked me with their refusal and told me that Gov. Ambode has said any vehicle towed on the bridge must be free hence they cannot collect anything from me. They drove off after that and I could not help but stare at them in stunned silence.

Well, I am not a politician and I am not trying to campaign for anyone. However, if I see something good, I will appreciate it; no matter who is running the government. This is a good one from Lagos State Government and I am also proud of the LRU (Lasema Response Unit ).

If you ever find yourself in a similar situation please call 112, it works.

God bless LASG. Lasema Response Unit”

https://autojosh.com/facebook-user-shares-his-lru-experience-read-story/

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by pocohantas(f): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lagos is a country in Nigeria smiley
Kudos to Ambode.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Thegamingorca(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by paymentvoucher: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
grin
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by LazyNairalander(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
That's how it ought to be nah. though ib sane clan like SA for instance.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by owesomegene(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
3rd to comment, haters shove it off ur ass ;D3rd to comment, haters shove it off ur ass

1 Like

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Okoson9ja(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Gov Ambode is really working.

His among the few politicians i admire.
10 times better than my state Governor (Sam Ortom).

All of them na RCCG gang sha.
Let's hope he continue if given a 2nd term..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by sparko1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
this is what i am talking about
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by seunny4lif(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ah
In Nigeria?

20 Likes

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Ijaya123: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
A brilliant initiative of the Lagos State government.

We need more of this.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by countsparrow: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lagos leads while others follow...

No wonder truck loads of immigrants from other states troop in daily

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Thegamingorca:
Cool
I know we can get it right in Nigeria someday, we don't need everyone to believe , all we ask is that those that belie should believe strongly and help in anyway way they can.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Bintabisiriyu: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ambode remains the best Government in Nigeria, no partiality or favoritism or sentiment. Am just neutral. Argue with your mom.

6 Likes

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Gten(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
I am impressed.

1 Like

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by DluvDaboss(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
International communities are now rating/addressing #lagosng as a country on its own. God bless @govambode

3 Likes

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by mctfopt: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
I wish every government parastatals work this way.
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by jewelly17(f): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Eko for show
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by amendara1: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Kudos to the LSG & his team. Thank you LEI... hope it will continue after Gov Ambode.
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by solochris(m): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
Na lie, except there's no afonja among them
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Sig4real(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
Thumbs up to them. This unit is very effective. Their response time is very short. I've seen them at work along Lekki Epe Expressway. Before you say Jack Robinson, they are already at the accident point. They merit all the praise people are showering them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Koolking(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
People will make Nigeria work, not government. On a larger scale, the people are the government, forget those in the corridors of power.

Lagos, Nigeria will work if people place national interest above personal interest. LRU team refused to collect even a tip. It shows their respect to professional ethics and making concerted effort to make things work for better. Others are building while some Nigerians relish pulling down.

Pettiness, selfishness, greed, ethnicity are our bane of progress not government.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by 1miccza: 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
Netanyahu1:
I know we can get it right in Nigeria someday, we don't need everyone to believe , all we ask is that those that belie should believe strongly and help in anyway way they can.

That's the spirit bro.

1 Like

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by mcquin(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lagos ofcourse got class. It's the ideal Nigeria, what Nigeria ought to look like. Unfortunately most other state governments are inhumane, andthecitizens in most of these states are too uneducated to engage government meaningfully.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Tapout(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
yeah those LRU guys are well cordinated...we need their kinds in the NPF

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by LaudableXX: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2018
Sig4real:
Thumbs up to them. This unit is very effective. Their response time is very short. I've seen them at work along Lekki Epe Expressway. Before you say Jack Robinson, they are already at the accident point. They merit all the praise people are showering them.

No sir, the ones on Lekki-Epe expressway are the Lekki Concession Company (LCC) people who own the toll-gates on the express. sad But the LRU people are really working. They have emergency ambulances and paramedics, as well. I saw them bringing in burn victims to the Trauma and Burns Centre in LASUTH at Gbagada, last year. They were courteous, professional and fast, as they brought in the victims on stretchers, and handed them over to the doctors.
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by Afamed: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:
Na lie, except there's no afonja among them
People like you are allergic to positive news in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by ladyF(f): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ambode shoukd extend the caution to the police and Lastma

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin to buy sha... Check my signature.. Best rate always. kiss

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by mudiana(m): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
owesomegene:
3rd to comment, haters shove it off ur ass ;D3rd to comment, haters shove it off ur ass
hallelujah u just got 6th position. Ur trophy awaits u at the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
Re: Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) by solochris(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
Afamed:

People like you are allergic to positive news in Nigeria.

lwkmd, abeg na joke oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

RE: South African Visiting Nigeria (LAGOS) For The First Time, AMAZING!!! / Checkout Some Of The Coolest Transport System Around The World. / Nigeria High Commision In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.