Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes (11444 Views)

I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. / Mad Man And Woman Trying To Have Sex In Abia Caught. Photos / 4 Facts That Might Make You Quit Swimming In Public Pools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by kakaG: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
Pray to God for intervention. I tell you the truth, no one ever quit smoking because they tried. It only happened because God intervened. Trust me on this one

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
I’ve heard of people switching to vaping to help wean themselves off the nicotine. It isn’t better than quitting cold turkey but it’s a lot healthier and better than nothing

2 Likes

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by milemimi93(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:
I smoked my first stick of cigarette precisely in SS2 in 2007. Since then, I have tried to quit more times than I can count. Even though I know the health hazards attached, I do it anyway. I tried electric cigarettes but still went back to the conventional tobacco sticks. There are times where I smoked probably more than a pack a day, and there were other times where I rarely smoked a month. I just want to drop this habit permanently.

How can this be achieved?

The best way to quit an habit is to replace it with another habit..

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by osothermal(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
First of all Consiously conceive it in your heart that you really want to stop. Secondly reduce the amount of sticks you take daily. Just hate cigarettes and tell God about it
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
OP steady chewing of groundnut and minimi chin chin stopped mine.

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Btruth: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
Since you are conscious of the bad habit. I think with strong determination, you can overcome the challenges.
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by killuminati(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
Saff:
people have this misconception that you can’t be addicted to weed. But its real. If you have a dependency on anything, it’s an addiction. [b]Weed addiction is probably worse because it messes you up mentally[/s], cigarettes is more physical.
you know nothing, Lady Snow.. cry

Weed is a blessing. Weed need is my best friend..

If me nuh have ganja mi nuh happy cry
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
ladyF:
Discipline is all you need. I'm also battling an addiction problem myself and I've been clean for many weeks now, but it's not cigarettes... You have to make a conscious effort and resist the urge whenever it arises.

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin to buy sha... Check my signature.. Best rate always. kiss

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

You too due chop shey
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
pocohantas:
Ibkayee, how did you stop smoking? grin
Please, share with the OP.
Lmao I’ve only tried cigarettes like 2 or 3 times in my life just to see what the fuss was about and I thought it was horrible cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by PrinceOyinlola: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
The only and real solution is for you to give your life to Jesus Christ He is the only one that can give you victory and deliver you from bondage of Cigarettes. Today is the of your salvation tomorrow my be too late before Satan finally destroy your life give your life to Him today and you will be delivered Christ is the only solution

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by JagaLove: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
It's easier than u think bro. I was a smoker too for many years, usually we call ourselves smokers cause we feel that's who we are whereas we are deteriorating gradually, NO! I am not a smoker so I said to myself oneday, I stayed away from friends who smoke and I was alone with my thoughts, I gave my life to Christ and the bible was my best book. Today I am free because Jesus saved me. You too can be free bro. I Love you in the name of Jesus. #peace

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by remigiusizunna(m): 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
Megaideas:
Just repent and give your life to Christ; that's the only solution to it.
Shut up

2 Likes

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Saff(f): 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
killuminati:
you know nothing, Lady Snow.. cry

Weed is a blessing. Weed need is my best friend..

If me nuh have ganja mi nuh happy cry
ok

See why I say weed messes you up mentally? Because you begin to believe your hallucinations

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Probz(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
I smoke a pack a day. It is what it is.

If you’re Igbo you’re safe.
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by nadigo(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
ladyF:
Discipline is all you need. I'm also battling an addiction problem myself and I've been clean for many weeks now, but it's not cigarettes... You have to make a conscious effort and resist the urge whenever it arises.

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin to buy sha... Check my signature.. Best rate always. kiss

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
LadyF teach your boy this bitcoin matter na is it really profitable ?im interested
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by emelda86(f): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
amSTARboy:
My brother me self am living in bondage cry

As am typing am still smoking

Was thinking of opening a thread earlier seeking for help

Your own don pass be careful
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by sabbiboi: 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
I can relate.
Ma nigga back then, actually wanted to quit smoking bass. He was travelling to lagos from the East,then we made a deal that I would hold is spark (Lighter) to save him from easy access to lite a cigar.Lolz
While at the garage, he made way to ease himself. before coming back ,my guy don lite one stick for corner and you know cigar and it smell. I no fit laff. It crazy mehn

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by nkhay(f): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Go to government hospitals and visit those suffering from lungs and heart diseases caused by smoking, their condition will help you appreciate your health now before it's too late!!

Whenever you imagine their condition, you'll pity yourself and forget smoking for life!!

Quit hanging out with other smokers who keeps yapping "one thing must kill a man" yada yada...

Yes, one thing will kill a man but don't buy a painful death with your money!! cry

3 Likes

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by LyfeJennings(m): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Welcome to the club
It's pretty hard giving t up except U make up ur mind
But e go hard

2 Likes

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by okwabayi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
soberdrunk:
cheesy I wonder why people like to worry about bad habits, i live by a simple code "Death is coming and when it gets to me it will meet me doing what i enjoy". I laugh when people say "smokers are liable to die young", who is immortal? Op quit if you, if you can't you better satisfy your craving and ignore all those rubbish health statistics because i can confidently prove to you that Dangote trucks have killed more people in the last 5years in Nigeria than lungs cancer or any smoking related ailments have in the last 50 years...... angry
This is the best code to live by.

People always search for ways to lengthen their lives forgetting more than a million methods exist to death.
Someone can live the fittest of lives, avoid driving and major roads to reduce the chance of an automobile mishap only to drown while drinking a cup of water.

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by sammydark: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
Listen bro,

There only one way outta that dirty addiction....

Buy a pack of iodized salt and pour a reasonable amount into a tiny plastic container, and be moving around with it just like those old men move around with their snuff container.

Then anytime you have that sweet irresistible urge to smoke, just bring out your salt container and throw a pinch of it into your mouth and watch that urge go away instantly.

With time that urge will go and you will wait for it but you won't see it again.

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by pocohantas(f): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:

Lmao I’ve only tried cigarettes like 2 or 3 times in my life just to see what the fuss was about and I thought it was horrible cheesy

True babe, I don't see the fuss in these 'fun' things.
I tried them once/twice and backed off. Nothing special there...

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by okwabayi(m): 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
OP it is your cross to carry. Live with it. I'm sure back then you felt like an adult while dragging sticks of cigarettes. See you now being a legal adult looking for ways to stop.

I would have become a smoker in my adult years if not for my body rejecting cigars occasionally. I tried first in my JSS 1 but nearly coughed my lungs out. I tried again in both JSS 3 and SS 1 to the same effect. I last tried it in my first year of university and coughed till my face turned blue and I nearly passed out. It was only then I realized it was not for me and completely lost interest.
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by omobaba101(m): 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
Having made quality decision to quit, banana can help you to quit. If you can try to buy banana instead of cigarette, instead of smoking, eat a banana, it psychologically gives same satisfaction. You may need to try it several times. This has actually helped an addict that I know of. You may search and gain knowledge about it too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
pocohantas:

True babe, I don't see the fuss in these 'fun' things.
I tried them once/twice and backed off. Nothing special there...

I’m not really a smoker to be honest but if I’m going to smoke anything it’ll be shisha, if it’s there. Have you tried it?
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Urinate on the filter let it dry smoke it half way(cos u cant smoke it all) dont mind thanking me cos it worked 4 my brother
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
engrobidigbo:
The truth is there is no sureway of quiting smoking..... But the best method is to;

1) 1st of all, make a conscious decision to stay alive (smoking kills bro)....

2) Keep your mind busy at all times (most smokers smoke when they are idle)

3) Avoid alcohol; if not totally, avoid it for at least 6months (you won't die if you do so) because study has shown that most smokers are drinkers

4) Smoking is a habit, same as sucking of fingers/tongue by kids (and some agbayas undecided ), drinking alcohol frequently, sex, clubbing, driving, singing etc.... The easiest way to quit a harmful habit is to replace it with a harmless or less harmful habit. My friend quit smoking by chewing gum.... I quit smoking by working extra hours in my office that when i get home, I'm so tired that I can't even hold a stick of benson and hedges embarassed

5) Point no4 worked very well for me but when I had issues with my boss, I went back to square1 of smoking again. Then I got the best solution which is..... Find a friend you love & respect with all your heart (male or female) and the person must be a non-smoker. When you are around such person, the urge to smoke will be restrained. Best of all, if you spend most of your time with the person, smoking will be kicked out of your life.

Best of luck bro smiley

Good advice. A lot of my friends are smokers as well
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by OlufemiWhit(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
It's very hard to quit cigarettes, I also struggled for. Very long time to quit... you just have to be really determined to want to stop....I also contemplated going for electric cigarettes....dah shit is wack....you just end up missing cigarettes more ....i hope you find the strength and will to quit soon ......#Modified and try to stay away from smoker friends and places where you can smell dem....

2 Likes

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
omooba969:

Recipe for disaster. smiley
He may be right. I need a GF who is a non smoker. I haven't had one of those in a really long time.
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Writer94: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
just take this 5 times a day for a month ;Djust take this 5 times a day for a month

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by omooba969(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:

He may be right. I need a GF who is a non smoker. I haven't had one of those in a really long time.

Are you tryna say that you've been rolling with girls who smoke?
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
you4me:
Urinate on the filter let it dry smoke it half way(cos u cant smoke it all) dont mind thanking me cos it worked 4 my brother
Which kind yarns be this na?
omooba969:

Are you tryna say that you've been rolling with girls who smoke?
Mostly. Small girls with big God undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) / Ewe Esinsin – Stinging Nettles, The Powerful Anti-itch Herb / Edmark Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.