Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari (18575 Views)

Stamp Duty: Court Refuses To Restrain CBN From Disbursing ‘Trillions’ Deposited / See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. / FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Stopkillinkrist: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
I thought Abacha neva stole
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Mchawi(f): 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Only 5000 naira? What difference will that make? Mind u the money recovered is in dollars, 300 million dollars which is enough for every citizen to recieve 1 million each since we are barely 200 million Nigerians. What happens to the reminder? Since the money stolen and recovered is on dollars but the money to be shared is merger 5000 naira not even 5000 dollars.
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by islandmoon: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
probably distributed it to the Fulani's because no one here has received a cent , scam
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
operation a'LOOTING continua!

govt of thieves, by thieves, for few!
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by realadejoh: 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
TheFreeOne:
Invest the loot in infrastructural projects if you are sincere about lifting people out of poverty.

Discerning Nigerians aren't interested in your almajiri style of governance which is another avenue for corruption.

Let's support NASS move to channel the loot into Ajaokuta steel and Lagos-Calabar railway projects.

Seconded!
The Ajaokuta steel complex is capable of employing 500000 people directly and millions indirectly.Why it has remained 98% complete for 40yrs is what baffles me?
Lets Protest If It's What It Takes!
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by delishpot: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
LOL, the more you look at Abacha loot (money) the less you see the loot (money).
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by realityone(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
5000 naira that cannot even buy half bag of rice, is that the money that will raise some1 from poverty? I can't just understand the reasoning faculty of these people...
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
HardMirror:
worst fraud ever! He is worse cos he pretends to be righteous. At least gej never claimed to be mr. Integrity
Hypocrisy..the major thing Christ accused the pharisees of..not because they were sinners but because they were hypocritical about it..strutting about like saints when inside their hearts was as black as coal..PDP never claimed sainthood, they acknowledged their shortcomings in certain areas and times..but APC?? They act as if the very shyt they expel from their butthole is laced with rainbows! Bloody hypocrites all of them!
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by vineyardfarms: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
BUY VOTE FOR 2019, ONLY GOD WILL DECIDE YOUR FAITH
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by dahnimoh(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
The same Abacha that he defended that he did not loot.

I

Inconsistency.
Not a Hallmark for good government
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
ogunwale321:
President Muhammadu Buhari says the federal government signed the Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with the World bank and Switzerland to lift people out of poverty.

President Buhari made this known at the inception meeting of the Mantra project on asset recover and development in Nigeria by Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice, ANEEJ in collaboration with World bank and Switzerland government.
The President, who was represented at the occasion by his Special Adviser on Justice sector reform, Barr. Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu said the choice of investing the recovered loots in the Social Investment programme as captured in the MoU was taken to address the problem of extreme poverty and create social equality among Nigerians.

The president said the administration is committed in partnering with both local and internal partners to ensure transparency and accountability in the management of the recovered loots.

Source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1580/why-we-re-disbursing-abacha-s-loot-to-lift-up-people-buhari?new=1

Uplift Northerners.
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by AmTruth: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nice one my dear President ]
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by ahless(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
candy:
How do wicked people sleep in the night? Just curious... undecided
They sleep under AC
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Heineken(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
Buhari isn't our problem. Naija politicians ni. They are wicked and selfish
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Rebuke: 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
Smh. This is an evidence dat Buhari has no wisdom to lead dis country anywhere.......

And no one to advise dis old man how best to put our money to use huh?

Lifting people up wth jxt 5k, something dat can't even buy my complete toiletries these days?

This government is not jxt wicked but vwry foolish.

That money could build good hospitals or factories that will employ the youths across the nation even if not all the states but to some extent, a lot of the citizens will benefit from the investment at the long run.

who has bewitched dis country for heaven sake?
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by cuteboy2: 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
coolcharm:
It is only a stack illiterate who thinks that sharing free money is a way of lifting people out of poverty.

You see, when I first heard about this disbursement, I thought it was one of those classical jokes Nigerians are good at making, but alas, I was wrong.

There is a popular saying that, a man can't give what he does not have.

Buhari and his cohorts continue to affirm and confirm that they lack the knowledge, vision and ingredients to manage and lead this country.

Who are the poor in Nigeria that the government is talking about?

How where they identified, classified and documented?

What are they using the money for? Business? Feeding? Clothing

How much will these 'poor of the poorest' receive per individual or per head?

Where is the register of these poor people? At least for verification and confirmation by the public?

What is the number/statistics of these people by ward, local government, state, and geopolitical zone?

Etc. Etc. Etc!!!

A government that is looking for where to borrow trillions of Naira to support the national budget?

In a country where here is no power and other social amenities?

Nigerians are not poor dear, neither do they need handouts.. They deserve more than this insult.

Except there is a grand scheme to reloot that money, I see no reason why buhari and his people are hell bent on sharing it.

Let me save my energy and battery. My PVC and vote will do the rest in 2019.

Una Father!

Don't mind them. It's just a clever way to gather money for 2019 elections. Earlier, Buhari had said he wanted 1 US$ billion to fight insurgency. And he wanted NNPC to hand him the cash without it being appropriated by the National Assembly, a gross illegality.

After that he dipped his hands into the public till to grab $494 million buy 12 Tucano military planesto fight the same insurgency. These aircraft should cost $9-$18m each. Our dear President paid $42m in very controversial circumstances shrouded in secrecy, without approval or appropriation by the Natonal Assembly as required by law. They creamed off the difference.

2019 cannot come quickly enough for me
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Billygene: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=ogunwale321 post=69284312]President Muhammadu Buhari says the federal government signed the Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with the World bank and Switzerland to lift people out of poverty.

President Buhari made this known at the inception meeting of the Mantra project on asset recover and development in Nigeria by Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice, ANEEJ in collaboration with World bank and Switzerland government.
The President, who was represented at the occasion by his Special Adviser on Justice sector reform, Barr. Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu said the choice of investing the recovered loots in the Social Investment programme as captured in the MoU was taken to address the problem of extreme poverty and create social equality among Nigerians.

The president said the administration is committed in partnering with both local and internal partners to ensure transparency and accountability in the management of the recovered loots.

Source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1580/why-we-re-disbursing-abacha-s-loot-to-lift-up-people-buhari?new=1

[/quo

Very sad....there was a country indeed
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by talk2percy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lol, whose loot, I thought you said Abacha never stole and he wasn't corrupt This man is mad! Just look at ur president
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Mucheer(m): 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
Looted Fund Is Now Being Looted
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Preferito(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
I learnt that they're disbursing such fund in Nasarawa state through Unity bank. But you can only be entitled to it if you are a member of a certain Islamic cooperative society. This automatically rules non Muslims out.
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by bejeria101(m): 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
coolcharm:
It is only a stack illiterate who thinks that sharing free money is a way of lifting people out of poverty.

You see, when I first heard about this disbursement, I thought it was one of those classical jokes Nigerians are good at making, but alas, I was wrong.

There is a popular saying that, a man can't give what he does not have.

Buhari and his cohorts continue to affirm and confirm that they lack the knowledge, vision and ingredients to manage and lead this country.

Who are the poor in Nigeria that the government is talking about?

How where they identified, classified and documented?

What are they using the money for? Business? Feeding? Clothing

How much will these 'poor of the poorest' receive per individual or per head?

Where is the register of these poor people? At least for verification and confirmation by the public?

What is the number/statistics of these people by ward, local government, state, and geopolitical zone?

Etc. Etc. Etc!!!

A government that is looking for where to borrow trillions of Naira to support the national budget?

In a country where here is no power and other social amenities?

Nigerians are not poor dear, neither do they need handouts.. They deserve more than this insult.

Except there is a grand scheme to reloot that money, I see no reason why buhari and his people are hell bent on sharing it.

Let me save my energy and battery. My PVC and vote will do the rest in 2019.

Una Father!
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
realadejoh:

Mark this day, 17years from now I will contest to fix Nigeria!
If nobody does that before then!
Hahaha wink cheesy wink cheesywinkWith the empty tin on ur head.
Mosquitoes get brai. Pass u
Dis tin sef dey talk o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Yankee101: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nothing wrong with that. But how una take make the list and why are majority of bebeficiaries in the North?
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by realadejoh: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
post=69291860:
Hahaha wink cheesy wink cheesywinkWith the empty tin on ur head. Mosquitoes get brai. Pass u Dis tin sef dey talk o
If you fix ur bra!n, then come back and talk to me, You Think everybody is a BMC like u
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by israelmao(m): 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
N5000 a month to up lift poor Nigerians.Is that Yusuf monthly upkeep?
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by HardMirror(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Hypocrisy..the major thing Christ accused the pharisees of..not because they were sinners but because they were hypocritical about it..strutting about like saints when inside their hearts was as black as coal..PDP never claimed sainthood, they acknowledged their shortcomings in certain areas and times..but APC?? They act as if the very shyt they expel from their butthole is laced with rainbows! Bloody hypocrites all of them!
honestly, it is the hypocricy that annoys me. You need to see how politicians were licking buhari's ass on the june 12 event. Loved how wale soyinka and falana did not join the zombie bandwagon at the event. If you missed it, try and listen to their speaches on youtube.
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Ooduavoice: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
this is really a very good time to be a member of the apc.
see free money.

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by PointZerom: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Lies from the pits of hell ..How can 5000 lift up anybody ..

Lets assume that omenka and Sarkin benefited from Ortom's empowerment wheelbarrow, that 5k can make a huge different if they add it to their daily struggles from the wheelbarrow.

cc immhotep lzza onyeoga cilicmarine shalomc madridguy sarrki ngeneukwenu yarimo yyeske

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Sharpshooota: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
Newpride:
Pmb pls let’s use the money judiciously, that money can build enough, standard and quality Cancer treatments centers across the country.

Only UCH in Ibadan treats cancer in the whole of the Southwest, I heard the ones in LUTH is no more functioning.

#5000 can’t do us anything.

You don't want them to travel abroad for medical treatment again..

The poor people who don't have money to travel can simply get a good casket for themselves
This is Nigeria
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Gudiza(m): 11:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
cytell56:

They want to use it as a bait to get gullible Nigerian voters come 2019

EXACTLY!
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by showafrica(m): 3:01am On Jul 12, 2018
candy:
How do wicked people sleep in the night? Just curious... undecided

Question begging answer. They don't really sleep that's why they are wicked. So when they know you sleep peacefully and move around happy there vexing go increase so the next thing is to find a way to slaughter you.
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by showafrica(m): 3:02am On Jul 12, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Lies from the pits of hell ..How can 5000 lift up anybody ..

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? / APC Governors Arrive Cross River To Persuade Ayade To Dump PDP / 2023 Presidency: Don’t Denigrate Yourself By Joining APC, Sagay Warns Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.