Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Obama's Unbiblical Declaration - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obama's Unbiblical Declaration (26136 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by manny4life(m): 12:50am On Jul 01, 2010
vescucci:

Lol. I thought it was a stand up comedy joke that Obama was the Anti-Christ. Lawd have mercy. Obama is the American President and as such his interest is America and not anyone's religious views. If he were hindu, would that make him less American. What am I even saying. If he were gay, does that make him more or less American? He would not then become President and impose his views on everyone. If he truly thinks there should be a gay pride month and declared as such, fine, he's a good President. If he doesn't think homosexuality is cool but declares a gay pride month regardless, then he is a great President.

Anti-Christ. Obama. Wow

I have issues with homosexuality sef. I'll find a thread to address them

Lol, Debosky. I can tell you with certainty that it is only on Nairaland, religion section that people make crazy claims and ask you to prove them wrong. It's amazing!

I like this part, at least I'm not only me who finds this absurd. While I'm not in support of the act neither is Obama, however, U.S. is a highly diversified nation, and if he chose to do it, then everyone should mind their business still doesn't change his perception, perhaps his views on gay/lesbians. After all a good number of these same people voted him into office so I think it's a compromise. I support my president; Mr Obama and although I do not agree with few decisions he's made; I can relate to his own ideology. President Obama said in his speech when he fired Gen McCrystal; I welcome debate, but I won't tolerate division, so am I telling all critics, we welcome your views, but name calling "Anti-Christ" is unacceptable and does not portray any form of biblical understanding
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Jul 01, 2010
Declaration of Dependence

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  Trust in Him at all times; you people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us.  Selah.
- Psalm 62:7-8

Instead of signing our souls away to the devil I recommend that we sign a declaration of dependence on the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus for our salvation from sin and death. 

http://www.joyfultoons.com/toons.html

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by vescucci(m): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2010
At the birth of the U.S. everyone was Christian or Christian like. So it is only natural that it be founded on Christian terms. Not many would have imagined that the nation would be so diversified in the future. In fact, if the population of the United States were analysed one might say it was oppressive with its Christian themes. Why don't other religious groups get their own holidays etc but you seem to want an Aryan state or something. You're trying to safeguard the integrity of the ideas of the founding fathers who didn't have a problem with slavery or a mini ethnic cleansing of Native Americans. I submit that the founding fathers are more occultic and anti-christ like than Obama or even Bush can ever hope to be
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by noetic16(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
debosky:

Evasive? No - the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. Let the person making the link provide evidence.

You also made a claim by simply disagreeing with him. what happened to objectivity? what happened to" disagreeing with people's submissions by simply presenting a superior argument"? where is ur own superior argument or submission?

Ok - so how come we are told the age of the earth by the so called 'literal creationists'? Are we told the age of the earth in Genesis 1? Sounds like an addition to me.

did u ask for the basis of this age stated? does the accounts of genesis 1 not add up to the present day?

You are trying to force creationism into the message of salvation, [size=14pt]which is wrong[/size]. Jesus did not say to sinners 'accept the creation account before you can be saved', it says accept Jesus so you can be saved.

another false prophet.

I asked u a simple question. . .can u separate the message of Jesus from His divinity? can u disbelieve His account of the creation but then believe His salvation?
You have believed an alien Jesus.
The term is very significant, since it attempts to make differentiations based on different interpretations of the bible. A general name is different from a term qualified by adjectives. Christians is a general name, while Pentecostal Christians, Orthodox Christians and others are man made creations - get the difference?

as usual u miss the point. The point is that the label people carry is insignificant in comparison to the contents. Literal creationism is in cognozance with the teachings of Christ. QED.

What do I disbelieve? God created it - the precise mechanism of creation is of little or no interest to me. Given the disconnect between what the so called 'literal creationists' believe (e.g. age of the earth) and what scientific research (e.g carbon dating) shows, I choose to focus on the core message of God being the creator, instead of having endless arguments and trying to pin down the exact age of the earth as a requirement for salvation.

Jesus didn't ask the robber on the Cross to accept Genesis as 'literal' (or whatever other term you might come up with) before he could enter paradise - all that was required was believing Jesus is the Son of God sent to take away the sins of the world.

This is dishonest. LC is not primarily concerned with the age of the earth.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2010
@debosky hi our hon supermod.
U can never separate jesus' salvation message from Creation. Colossian 1:15 down, john 1:1 down&let us creat man in our own image. I am the alpha&omega Rev 22vs 12&13 can all be linked to creation era.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by mrmayor(m): 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
Just For My Conspiracy Theorist Born-Again Olaadegbu

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04am On Jul 02, 2010
debosky:

So women's liberation is now akin to Godless religion?

Heaven knows where you get your theories from - or did the bible tell you this as well?

'literal creationism' or whatever theory (because that is what it is - a theory) you adopt was not even the focus of Christ when he came, yet some people will want to make this the basis for Christianity. It is not - the basis is Jesus' death on the Cross to Redeem man to God, not the amount of time it took/didn't take God to create the world.

Even the bible says we know in part and will know fully in the future - if a person does not accept your particular interpretation, it might be a result of knowing in part - again this should not be the focus.

I know that noetic and some articles posted have adequately answered your questions but I'll just like to add this perspective.

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by vescucci(m): 1:26am On Jul 02, 2010
Where do you guys find all these comics sef? Mostly apt but Olaadegbu, your own seems to be against you more than for you o. What gives?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2010
@mrmayor the evolutionists evangelist,

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
This song by Carman just sums up all I have been trying to pass across to folks here on NL.  America needs God again if it is to avert destruction.  A govt. that does not back the word of God is not fit to rule.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC1DrrV_oDw&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by vescucci(m): 12:21am On Jul 03, 2010
You're in the UK, no?

Why is your concern for America so steep? Are the remaining 6 billion less 300 million unworthy of God's direction or they already have it?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by mrofficial(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2010
vescucci:

You're in the UK, no?

Why is your concern for America so steep? Are the remaining 6 billion less 300 million unworthy of God's direction or they already have it?

If I may ask, are you a gay?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by vescucci(m): 12:51am On Jul 03, 2010
I'm not gay. In fact I'm homophobic but I respect people's right to do what they want if it's not in my face or to any other person's detriment.

The declaration of independence or some other national document has a phrase that includes 'the pursuit of happiness'. Why is this extremely hard to understand for people?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by manny4life(m): 12:58am On Jul 03, 2010
vescucci:

I'm not gay. In fact I'm homophobic but I respect people's right to do what they want if it's not in my face or to any other person's detriment.

The declaration of independence or some other national document has a phrase that includes 'the pursuit of happiness'. Why is this extremely hard to understand for people?

It's so hard for people to understand the truth; it's their "constitutional right" to be whatever sexuality they should and should be respected regardless of anyone's beliefs or views. I forgot to mention, Sunday July 4th is independence day, U.S. has added a year. While I go see the fireworks, I will leave all the self righteous to keep going at themselves and trying to prove themselves worthy.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by manny4life(m): 1:16am On Jul 03, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

This song by Carman just sums up all I have been trying to pass across to folks here on NL.  America needs God again if it is to avert destruction.  A govt. that does not back the word of God is not fit to rule.

You just figured this all by yourself? I know that you are a religious analyst; however you have not shown any practical evidence that U.S. is on a critical path (not theory) for destruction. Christianity is not about a nation because you can not direct a nation of 300million on one path to follow, but Christianity and faith is a personal relationship with GOD. Just because 10% or less of of the American population is gay, does not mean we headed for destruction, neither does it explain that 90% of the "ungay" are all Christians living righteously. I hope you see the balance, just because I'm not gay does not mean I don't sin, neither does it mean my sin is any less that that of a gay person. Also, just because I might not live a perfect Christian live doesn't mean 20 other people of whom 5 are real Christians are headed for destruction.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by vescucci(m): 1:40am On Jul 03, 2010
Gbam and double gbam
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2010
The Law of Liberty
July 4, 2010

"So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty."(James 2:12)

On Independence Day, Americans should give thanks to the Author of liberty that we have been privileged to live in this "sweet land of liberty," where we can worship God freely, in accord with His Word.  Liberty is not license, however, and the essence of the American system is liberty under law.  Fundamentally, that law is "the law of nature and of nature's God"--the natural laws of God's world and the revealed laws of God's Word.  Within that framework we do have liberty--but not liberty to defy either the physical law of gravity or the spiritual "law of liberty."  The latter is formulated in Scripture and has been applied over the centuries, in the English common law and later in our system of constitutional law, both of which are based on Scripture.

Some today, seeking license rather than liberty, might recoil at the very idea of "the law of liberty." calling it an "oxymoron," or contradiction in terms.  But Jesus said that only "the truth shall make you free!" (John 8:32).  "Sin is the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4), and "sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death" (James 1:15), not freedom!

No one can be saved by the law, but those who are saved--by grace through faith in Christ--will love God's law, for it is "holy, and just, and good" (Romans 7:12).  We should say with the psalmist: "So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever. And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts" (Psalm 119:44-45).

There is, indeed, a law of liberty, and whoever will walk in real liberty will find it only in God's law of life, through His revealed Word.  For "whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed" (James 1:25). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by debosky(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
noetic16:

You also made a claim by simply disagreeing with him. what happened to objectivity? what happened to" disagreeing with people's submissions by simply presenting a superior argument"? where is your own superior argument or submission?

I questioned his assertion - I have no need for a superior argument as yet, the initial claim needs to be investigated before a superior claim can be made.

did u ask for the basis of this age stated? does the accounts of genesis 1 not add up to the present day?

The age placed in thousands of years does NOT add up to carbon dating, if that method is correct.

another false prophet.

I asked u a simple question. . .can u separate the message of Jesus from His divinity? can u disbelieve His account of the creation but then believe His salvation?

Very simple - Jesus did not ask ANYONE in the bible to believe the account of creation as being 'literal' or to be used to determine the age of the earth before believing in the salvation offered by Christ - John didn't preach it, neither did Jesus. All that was preached was repentance and acceptance of Christ. Kindly disprove this with biblical evidence.

You have believed an alien Jesus.
as usual u miss the point. The point is that the label people carry is insignificant in comparison to the contents. Literal creationism is in cognozance with the teachings of Christ. QED.

No - Jesus didn't teach you or anyone that the earth is thousands of years old, not millions, as you so called 'literal creationsists' attempt to do.

This is dishonest. LC is not primarily concerned with the age of the earth.

Yes you are - you are primarily concerned with evolution and the age of the earth, even your big brother OLA won't deny this.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
Who said that the earth in not old?

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2010
debosky:

I questioned his assertion - I have no need for a superior argument as yet, the initial claim needs to be investigated before a superior claim can be made.

The result of disbelieving the first 11 chapters of the Bible in the book of Genesis is the reason you will want to defend all the isms (such as women rights to abort, gay rights, animal rights etc ) of the secular humanists who get together and decide what should be the values people should adhere to.  Christians get their values from the Moral Law especially as explained by Jesus Christ.  The book of Genesis is the foundation of all our moral and scriptural doctrines especially the gospel, if you take away Genesis you've taken away the gospel at its roots.

debosky:

The age placed in thousands of years does NOT add up to carbon dating, if that method is correct.

I would have to stand on the shoulders of giants here.  The so called carbon dating method doesn't give any evidence that the age of the earth is millions of years.  There are examples that these dating methods are faulty such as where it states that lava flows occured millions of years when the actual date was only a few hundred years old.  There was another instance where the carbon dating method for diamonds and coal which evolutionists claim were 4 millions of years old but when tested by carbon-14 it was found to be only thousands of years old.  There was also a RATE study carried out by some creation scientists which revealed that decay rates were faster in the past and this is evidence that confirms the Bible.

debosky:

Very simple - Jesus did not ask ANYONE in the bible to believe the account of creation as being 'literal' or to be used to determine the age of the earth before believing in the salvation offered by Christ - John didn't preach it, neither did Jesus. All that was preached was repentance and acceptance of Christ. Kindly disprove this with biblical evidence.

It is a fact that Jesus Christ quoted from the book of Genesis and this should prove to you that He took the account there literally and not metaphorical as some religious and atheistic skeptics would like to believe.  Read Matthew 19:3-6 and Mark 13:19 where Jesus indicated that human's suffering started very near the beginning of creation.  The parallel phrases of "from the foundation of the world" and "from the blood of Abel" in Luke 11:50-51 shows that He placed Abel near the beginning of creation and not billions of years after the beginning.

debosky:

No - Jesus didn't teach you or anyone that the earth is thousands of years old, not millions, as you so called 'literal creationsists' attempt to do.

Since you don't agree that it is thousands nor millions are you saying it is billions of years old? Jesus said In Mark 10:6,

"but from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." 

debosky:

Yes you are - you are primarily concerned with evolution and the age of the earth, even your big brother OLA won't deny this.

Your acceptance of an old age for the earth leaves the evolutionary system intact even though you may say that you don't agree with it.  How would you explain away Romans 5:12; 1 Cor. 15 and Genesis 3:22-23 which tells us that Adam's sin led to physical and spiritual death respectively?  In 1 Corinthians. 15 the death of the Last Adam is compared with the death of the first Adam.  The reason Jesus had to suffer physical death for man's sin is because Adam the first man, died physically because of sin.  If you believe that the age of the earth is millions of years then you believe that there was death before Adam's sin and that destroys the basis of the gospel.  The Bible categorically states that man's rebellious actions led to death and corruption of the universe, I don't see how you can dismiss this historical fact and say that it does not matter, if the book of Genesis cannot be trusted why should unbelievers believe other parts of the Bible especially the salvation message?

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55am On Jul 06, 2010
The message of the gospel.

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by debosky(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The result of disbelieving the first 11 chapters of the Bible in the book of Genesis is the reason you will want to defend all the isms (such as women rights to abort, gay rights, animal rights etc ) of the secular humanists who get together and decide what should be the values people should adhere to.  Christians get their values from the Moral Law especially as explained by Jesus Christ.  The book of Genesis is the foundation of all our moral and scriptural doctrines especially the gospel, if you take away Genesis you've taken away the gospel at its roots.

I have not taken anything away - it is highly presumptuous of you to claim any such thing. I have not disbelieved anything, all I have said is that a force-fitted interpretation to achieve a goal that the scriptures might not have been intended for (i.e. determining the age of the earth) may lead to erroneous conclusions.

I would have to stand on the shoulders of giants here.  The so called carbon dating method doesn't give any evidence that the age of the earth is millions of years.  There are examples that these dating methods are faulty such as where it states that lava flows occured millions of years when the actual date was only a few hundred years old.  There was another instance where the carbon dating method for diamonds and coal which evolutionists claim were 4 millions of years old but when tested by carbon-14 it was found to be only thousands of years old.  There was also a RATE study carried out by some creation scientists which revealed that decay rates were faster in the past and this is evidence that confirms the Bible.

I never said carbon dating was infallible, it is just ONE example of the various pieces of evidence pointing to an earth older than just a thousand years old. However, unlike some so called 'literal creationists', if it does turn out that the earth is older than is thought from potentially over zealous interpretation of the bible, my faith will remain intact because the age of the earth is not even close to being an important part of my faith.

It is a fact that Jesus Christ quoted from the book of Genesis and this should prove to you that He took the account there literally and not metaphorical as some religious and atheistic skeptics would like to believe.  Read Matthew 19:3-6 and Mark 13:19 where Jesus indicated that human's suffering started very near the beginning of creation.  The parallel phrases of "from the foundation of the world" and "from the blood of Abel" in Luke 11:50-51 shows that He placed Abel near the beginning of creation and not billions of years after the beginning.

Near the very beginning - how near? Two years? 5 years? Was man the first thing to be created? How long a period did the earth stay without form or void? Just how long did Adam live in the garden before things started going wrong? I always laugh when people like you use terms like 'near the beginning' and in the next breath use the bible to arrive at exact dates as to the age of the earth.

I don't know what 'very near the beginning' means, but I do know Jesus wasn't interested in arguing the age of the earth as you are wont to do. It is not a very relevant question in the scheme of things - faith in Jesus is.

Since you don't agree that it is thousands nor millions are you saying it is billions of years old? Jesus said In Mark 10:6,

"but from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." 

Very simple - I DON'T KNOW. The bible doesn't tell us how old it is, people are trying to do their own calculations, which are prone to serious errors. Again, regarding the verse you are quoting, the beginning of creation was not the creation of man, but on the 6th day was it not? Was the earth not created before the male and female were created?

Your acceptance of an old age for the earth leaves the evolutionary system intact even though you may say that you don't agree with it.  How would you explain away Romans 5:12; 1 Cor. 15 and Genesis 3:22-23 which tells us that Adam's sin led to physical and spiritual death respectively?  In 1 Corinthians. 15 the death of the Last Adam is compared with the death of the first Adam.  The reason Jesus had to suffer physical death for man's sin is because Adam the first man, died physically because of sin. 

It doesn't - you cannot tell me what I believe or don't believe. I don't understand everything, but it rankles when so called 'literal creationists' try to dictate how others MUST think for their faith to be valid, when even JESUS didn't lay such restrictions. I keep an open mind on the matter of the age of the earth, just like I keep an open mind about how DNA was formed, and gravity and other natural laws not explicitly described in the bible.

If you believe that the age of the earth is millions of years then you believe that there was death before Adam's sin and that destroys the basis of the gospel.  The Bible categorically states that man's rebellious actions led to death and corruption of the universe, I don't see how you can dismiss this historical fact and say that it does not matter, if the book of Genesis cannot be trusted why should unbelievers believe other parts of the Bible especially the salvation message?

Who has talked about death before Adam? Again, you go making arguments with yourself - all I've pointed out is that there is an inconsistency between YOUR interpretation of biblical accounts and other evidence out there. I have not dismissed any historical fact, neither have I told you I believe the earth is a million years old.

The salvation message is trusted because of its impact on the lives of men, not because it determines the age of the earth, or that it gives the detailed step by step account of why there are x number of species of animals available on the face of the earth.

Jesus talked about believing because of what people experienced during their time with him and the time afterwards, and the display of God's power, not on the ability of Genesis to estimate the age of the earth or explain every principle of nature.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2010
debosky:

I have not taken anything away - it is highly presumptuous of you to claim any such thing. I have not disbelieved anything, all I have said is that a force-fitted interpretation to achieve a goal that the scriptures might not have been intended for (i.e. determining the age of the earth) may lead to erroneous conclusions.

You said that you have not taken anything away, but did you believe the Bible's account of creation in the first place?  The Bible talks about who created, when He created, why He created and how He created and He did not leave it open to any human interpretation.  It is either you believe in God's account or go with sinful man's fallible story, there is no sitting on the fence here.

debosky:

I never said carbon dating was infallible, it is just ONE example of the various pieces of evidence pointing to an earth older than just a thousand years old. However, unlike some so called 'literal creationists', if it does turn out that the earth is older than is thought from potentially over zealous interpretation of the bible, my faith will remain intact because the age of the earth is not even close to being an important part of my faith.

Your faith is on shaky grounds my friend, you are still there assuming when God's infallible Word has spoken clearly.  I showed you some examples of how the carbon dating method got some samples wrong but you are still waiting for them to get it "right" I wonder what your faith is based on if not on the solid word of God.

debosky:

Near the very beginning - how near? Two years? 5 years? Was man the first thing to be created? How long a period did the earth stay without form or void? Just how long did Adam live in the garden before things started going wrong? I always laugh when people like you use terms like 'near the beginning' and in the next breath use the bible to arrive at exact dates as to the age of the earth.

Oh, so a whole 5 days makes the difference between an Old and a young earth?  I get your point.  So you mean near the beginning can mean about a billion years, what would evolutionists not do so as to fit their millions and billions into the Bible?  Near the beginning does not mean a billion years from the beginning even a kid knows that.

debosky:

I don't know what 'very near the beginning' means, but I do know Jesus wasn't interested in arguing the age of the earth as you are wont to do. It is not a very relevant question in the scheme of things - faith in Jesus is.

If you claim to have faith in Jesus Christ then start believing His own very Words instead of that of the evolutionists, and for your information evolutionism is a religion and not real science.  you cannot believe both as you are now trying to do.

debosky:

Very simple - I DON'T KNOW. The bible doesn't tell us how old it is, people are trying to do their own calculations, which are prone to serious errors. Again, regarding the verse you are quoting, the beginning of creation was not the creation of man, but on the 6th day was it not? Was the earth not created before the male and female were created?

You can see that you have started speaking like an atheist evolutionist who says I don't know, you are becoming an evolutionist and you don't know it.  And you now think a whole 5 days before man was created makes it an old earth? undecided

debosky:

It doesn't - you cannot tell me what I believe or don't believe. I don't understand everything, but it rankles when so called 'literal creationists' try to dictate how others MUST think for their faith to be valid, when even JESUS didn't lay such restrictions. I keep an open mind on the matter of the age of the earth, just like I keep an open mind about how DNA was formed, and gravity and other natural laws not explicitly described in the bible.

So much for someone who claims that he believes in Jesus Christ that he now waves His words aside.

debosky:

Who has talked about death before Adam? Again, you go making arguments with yourself - all I've pointed out is that there is an inconsistency between YOUR interpretation of biblical accounts and other evidence out there. I have not dismissed any historical fact, neither have I told you I believe the earth is a million years old.

Does that not tell you that if you insert billions of years before Adam that gives room for the evolutionary system to account for the million and billions of years of their so called fossils, therefore suffering, pain, disease and death before Adam was created?  If not millions of years old how old?

debosky:

The salvation message is trusted because of its impact on the lives of men, not because it determines the age of the earth, or that it gives the detailed step by step account of why there are x number of species of animals available on the face of the earth.

Tell me, if the book of genesis cannot be trusted with the age of the earth is it the salvation message that can be trusted?  If Adam was a mythology who was Jesus' genealogy traced back to?  God even made it clear by writing it down with His own hands that in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is . . ." So, it is either you believe God or you believe your evolutionists that are masquerading as "pseudo-scientists"

debosky:

Jesus talked about believing because of what people experienced during their time with him and the time afterwards, and the display of God's power, not on the ability of Genesis to estimate the age of the earth or explain every principle of nature.

Whatever Jesus did He always referred them to what was written.  In John 5:45-47 He said "Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you - Moses, in whom you trust.  For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.  But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"  So, if you say you believe Jesus' words start by believing Exodus 20:11
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2010
Let's ask Adam's kids.

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
manny4life:

You just figured this all by yourself? I know that you are a religious analyst; however you have not shown any practical evidence that U.S. is on a critical path (not theory) for destruction.

In case you don't know, just within 24hrs that Obama indicated that his government would no longer take sides with Israel the oil spill erupted.  You don't know the implications of Obama's unbiblical declaration because if you do you will get on your knees and pray that the Lord would heal your land.

manny4life:

Christianity is not about a nation because you can not direct a nation of 300million on one path to follow, but Christianity and faith is a personal relationship with GOD.

If the head is rotten guess what would happen to the body.  It is the individuals that make up a nation and if those people allow the bible to guide their lives and have a personal relationship with God the country would be the better for it.

manny4life:

Just because 10% or less of of the American population is gay, does not mean we headed for destruction, neither does it explain that 90% of the "ungay" are all Christians living righteously.

You should read the Bible and see what this sin among others did to their land and if the righteous does not pray they also would not be spared except for God's mercy.  It is true that other sins are equally responsible but it is the legalising of these sins that makes it worse.

manny4life:

I hope you see the balance, just because I'm not gay does not mean I don't sin, neither does it mean my sin is any less that that of a gay person. Also, just because I might not live a perfect Christian live doesn't mean 20 other people of whom 5 are real Christians are headed for destruction.

The people of Sodom and Gomorrah will not agree with you. If they had the opportunity that people have today they would not have been wiped out. Those who practise this abomination together with their supporters would not be spared.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by debosky(m): 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

In case you don't know, just within 24hrs that Obama indicated that his government would no longer take sides with Israel the oil spill erupted.  You don't know the implications of Obama's unbiblical declaration because if you do you will get on your knees and pray that the Lord would heal your land

Wow! The oil spill is punishment for failing to support Israel (despite the fact that Israel kills children daily in Gaza- I guess God supports that? )

Your delusion has reached astronomical levels.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18am On Jul 11, 2010
debosky:

Wow! The oil spill is punishment for failing to support Israel (despite the fact that Israel kills children daily in Gaza- I guess God supports that? )

Your delusion has reached astronomical levels.

Under the government of George Bush when they pressured Israel into evacuating Gaza do you know what happened the very next day?  A tropical depression formed and Hurricane Katrina, which became the largest disaster in the US history.  Over a million people were evacuated from their homes costing close to $200 billion.  If you read your Bible you will find out what God said in Zechariah 12:9 and if prayers are not prayed for the present president who is about to sign some other diabolical laws into the legislation only God know what will happen next. Read more in the link below:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1055/1055_01.asp
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by thehomer: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2010
@OLAADEGBU at least try to check what you try to present as facts

OLAADEGBU:

Under the government of George Bush when they pressured Israel into evacuating Gaza do you know what happened the very next day?  A tropical depression formed and Hurricane Katrina, which became the largest disaster in the US history.  Over a million people were evacuated from their homes costing close to $200 billion.  If you read your Bible you will find out what God said in Zechariah 12:9 and if prayers are not prayed for the present president who is about to sign some other diabolical laws into the legislation only God know what will happen next. Read more in the link below:

The hurricane was predicted long before your timeline and it formed over a period of about 5 days so it was expected.
Bush pressured Israel into leaving Gaza? Please could you present some evidence for this story?

OLAADEGBU:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1055/1055_01.asp

Please keep your tracts.

OLAADEGBU:

In case you don't know, just within 24hrs that Obama indicated that his government would no longer take sides with Israel the oil spill erupted.  You don't know the implications of Obama's unbiblical declaration because if you do you will get on your knees and pray that the Lord would heal your land.

I wonder what you mean by "take sides with Israel" because last time I checked, the U.S still gives Israel foreign aid and weapons. Also, could you present some good evidence linking the oil spill with your claim of Obama's decision?
I guess explanations of the safety problems of the rig and the reports of workers expressing concern about the safety of the rig less than 6 weeks before the explosion would not mean anything to you.

I also notice that you did not indicate anything happening 24 hours after the "unbiblical declaration" considering so many things happening "24 hrs" after some decision or pressure.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by vescucci(m): 11:23am On Jul 11, 2010
I used to think this thread was funny but it no longer is o. How can someone believe all these things? I no get energy
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is Somebody angry with these unbiblical declarations?

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is Somebody angry?

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is Somebody Angry?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman / Madam Saje: BBC Can’t Destroy TB Joshua’s Legacy With Dirty Lies / Tunde Bakare - Ese: "Yunusa's Manhood Should Be Cut Off "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.