Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:49 AM

How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? (1474 Views)

How Can You Convince Atheists/agnostics That Your God Exist / Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Martinez19(m): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
We atheists don't believe in god because there are no evidences to believe in god. Not just that, religions and other world mysticisms are flawed, have no basis in reality and can't survive scrutiny. However, we are ready to have a change of heart if and only if there is proof. Let me speak for myself, how can I be convinced? Simple, you simply have to do the following:

1) DESCRIPTION OF YOUR GOD: there must be a description of your god. If available to you, rely his attributes and other details. For christians that would be your bible, for muslims that would be the q'uran etc. From there we can know the god you are talking about.

Before I go on to the next and final step, I would like chip in something. there are two kinds(as I classified them) of proof, here are want I call them:
a) evidence based proof : here, a material proves a claim.
b) non-evidenced based/logic sufficient proof : here, sound logic and reasoning is just sufficient to prove a claim eg. "I know my grandfather existed because I exist", "every living human had a grandmother" etc. No material is needed. Here we go cheesy

2) PROVE YOUR CLAIM : to convince me, you must do the following completely:
a) provide a sound, unshakeable and irrefutable logical pathway that leads from my observable reality to the conclusion of your god ie. in what way can I logically infer, from my observable reality, that your god exists. This inference/pathway must be both logically sufficient and evidence based. Come to think of it, this is what scientific proof is all about. If you or your god can't do this, I have no because believing in your idea of god. wink

A summary of both steps: you tell me your idea of god then WHY you believe in his existence. You reason for believing in must satisfy the conditions in step 2 for me to become a believer like you or else I remain an atheist.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Martinez19(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
HopefulLandlord, Seun, Adepeter2027, HardMirror, hahn, Johnydon22, 1Sharon, Tozara, Ladyhippolyta88, 0temSapien, segunojo886 and other atheists on nairaland.
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
If Armed robbers enter your house now.

Na the same you go still shout 'Blood of Jesus'

5 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Martinez19(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
TarOrfeek:

1 Like

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by smart6(m): 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
No man can prove to another the existence of God. Every man encounters God in diverse ways. I just pray U encounter Him in a special way someday.

5 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by 0temSapien: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
What I understand as God is not a part of existence, but a whole of EXISTENCE.
The summation of everything in Existence is what I understand as God. Anything short of this is just a fragment of God i.e Allah, Yahweh, Vishnu, Moloch, Olorun, Eshu, Chimides, Atum, You, Me, Animals, Sand, stone, water, wind... etc are just some insignificant fragments of God(EXISTENCE).
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Martinez19(m): 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
0temSapien:
What I understand as God is not a part of existence, but a whole of EXISTENCE.
The summation of everything in Existence is what I understand as God. Anything short of this is just a fragment of God i.e Allah, Yahweh, Vishnu, Moloch, Olorun, Eshu, Chimides, Atum, You, Me, Animals, Sand, stone, water, wind... etc are just some insignificant fragments of God(EXISTENCE).
That's step 1.
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by 0temSapien: 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Wait, do you think everybody shouts something whenever they are shocked or surprised? As for me, when I was still a Christian, I don't even shout Jesus or anything at all. Is it now that I am a brain user and a fearless being that I will start shouting Jesus! Jesus!?
I would even prefer to shout Gala! or Lacazera!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by hopefulLandlord: 9:05am On Jul 12, 2018
Have they even convinced themselves?

1 Like

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 9:12am On Jul 12, 2018
smart6:
No man can prove to another the existence of God. Every man encounters God in diverse ways. I just pray U encounter Him in a special way someday.
Nice reply you brother.... Martinez19 please see my own encounter of God in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4497282/jesus-real

I also had a third encounter after taking holy communion last 2 months, Jesus came again and entered my body while asleep. Sounds funny right? I pray you encounter him...
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2018
But Martinez19 I hope you are asking this question not to start up a fruitless argument, but to find out the truth...
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
Nice reply you brother.... Martinez19 please see my own encounter of God in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4497282/jesus-real

I also had a third encounter after taking holy communion last 2 months, Jesus came again and entered my body while asleep. Sounds funny right? I pray you encounter him...

DO YOU EVEN SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE IN EUROPE, ASIA, SOUTH AMERICA AND AUSTRALIA?

DO YOU KNOW IF THEY ALSO ENCOUNTER GOD IN THEIR SLEEP DESPITE NOT BEING CHRISTIANS?

EVERY RELIGIOUS PERSON ENCOUNTERS THE DEITY OF THEIR RELIGION; YAWEH, RAMA, ODIN, RA, JESUS, ALLAH, BUDDHA, ETC.

IF YOU WERE RAISED IN INDIA YOU'LL BELIEVE AND ENCOUNTER ONE OF THEIR NUMEROUS DEITY, NOTHING LIKE JESUS.
IF YOUR FATHER WAS PRINCE OF SAUDI YOU'LL ENCOUNTER ALLAH, AND GO ABOUT LOOKING FOR INFIDELS TO STONE TO DEATH.

IF YOU WERE AN ISLANDER YOU'LL ENCOUNTER NO DEITY, NO SPIRITS OR DEVILS.. ONLY YOUR FELLOW HUMANS IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE.

THE GOD THAT SPEAKS TO A CATHOLIC IS DIFFERENT FROM THE GOD THAT SPEAKS TO A CHOSEN, A REDEEMER, ETC. EACH OF THESE GODS TELL THEIR BELIEVERS THAT OTHER DENOMINATIONS ARE WRONG. IF THERE WAS A LIVING GOD I'M NOT SURE HE'LL WANT SO MANY DENOMINATIONS, EACH ONE CLAIMING TO BE INSTRUCTED BY GOD AND THAT PEOPLE FROM OTHER DENOMINATIONS NEED TO JOIN THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE THE TRUTH.

THIS SHOWS ONE THING..
RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND ENCOUNTERS OF THE DEITY OF ONE'S RELIGION IS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE HEAD, FAR FROM REALITY.

ELSE, WHY CAN'T EVERYONE IN THE WORLD ENCOUNTER THESE THINGS TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME SO WE HUMANS CAN BE UNITED INSTEAD OF DIVIDED BY RELIGION. ONE STANDING CHURCH INSTEAD OF MANY. NO MORE RELIGIOUS CRISES BECAUSE WE ALL WORSHIP THE SAME PERSON. NO ISLAM, NO TAOISM, NO CATHOLISM, NO CHRISTIANITY.. ALL OF US BECOME BELIEVERS AND FOLLOWERS OF THE ONE TRUE LIVING AND EXISTING BEING.

BUT INSTEAD OF UNITING ALL HIMANS, THE MUSLIM GOD KEEPS SENDING PEOPLE TO BOMB OTHER PEOPLE WHILE THE CHRISTIAN GOD APPEARS IN THE DREAMS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU... WHEN THERE ARE MANY OTHER IMPORTANT MATTERS TO BE HANDLED.

9 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
But Martinez19 I hope you are asking this question not to start up a fruitless argument, but to find out the truth...

BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT "THE TRUTH" FIRST UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS WORLD. NIGERIA IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY ON EARTH, AND THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF RELIGIONS.
YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE SPAIN, FRANCE AND BRITAIN GOT TO AFRICA BEFORE JAPAN OR INDIA. YOU'D HAVE BEEN WORSHIPPING A COW AND DRINKING COW PISS... AS "THE TRUTH".

4 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

DO YOU EVEN SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE IN EUROPE, ASIA, SOUTH AMERICA AND AUSTRALIA?

DO YOU KNOW IF THEY ALSO ENCOUNTER GOD IN THEIR SLEEP DESPITE NOT BEING CHRISTIANS?

EVERY RELIGIOUS PERSON ENCOUNTERS THE DEITY OF THEIR RELIGION; YAWEH, RAMA, ODIN, RA, JESUS, ALLAH, BUDDHA, ETC.

IF YOU WERE RAISED IN INDIA YOU'LL BELIEVE AND ENCOUNTER ONE OF THEIR NUMEROUS DEITY, NOTHING LIKE JESUS.
IF YOUR FATHER WAS PRINCE OF SAUDI YOU'LL ENCOUNTER ALLAH, AND GO ABOUT LOOKING FOR INFIDELS TO STONE TO DEATH.

IF YOU WERE AN ISLANDER YOU'LL ENCOUNTER NO DEITY, NO SPIRITS OR DEVILS.. ONLY YOUR FELLOW HUMANS IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE.

THE GOD THAT SPEAKS TO A CATHOLIC IS DIFFERENT FROM THE GOD THAT SPEAKS TO A CHOSEN, A REDEEMER, ETC. EACH OF THESE GODS TELL THEIR BELIEVERS THAT OTHER DENOMINATIONS ARE WRONG. IF THERE WAS A LIVING GOD I'M NOT SURE HE'LL WANT SO MANY DENOMINATIONS, EACH ONE CLAIMING TO BE INSTRUCTED BY GOD AND THAT PEOPLE FROM OTHER DENOMINATIONS NEED TO JOIN THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE THE TRUTH.

THIS SHOWS ONE THING..
RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND ENCOUNTERS OF THE DEITY OF ONE'S RELIGION IS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE HEAD, FAR FROM REALITY.

ELSE, WHY CAN'T EVERYONE IN THE WORLD ENCOUNTER THESE THINGS TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME SO WE HUMANS CAN BE UNITED INSTEAD OF DIVIDED BY RELIGION. ONE STANDING CHURCH INSTEAD OF MANY. NO MORE RELIGIOUS CRISES BECAUSE WE ALL WORSHIP THE SAME PERSON. NO ISLAM, NO TAOISM, NO CATHOLISM, NO CHRISTIANITY.. ALL OF US BECOME BELIEVERS AND FOLLOWERS OF THE ONE TRUE LIVING AND EXISTING BEING.

BUT INSTEAD OF UNITING ALL HIMANS, THE MUSLIM GOD KEEPS SENDING PEOPLE TO BOMB OTHER PEOPLE WHILE THE CHRISTIAN GOD APPEARS IN THE DREAMS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU... WHEN THERE ARE MANY OTHER IMPORTANT MATTERS TO BE HANDLED.
I understand you bro... But I cannot explain to you why the Jihadists bomb people and why the true living God is still looking at them without sending lightening to destroy them. But all I have to say is that if there are dead gods, then there is a living God. The common way to spot them is through POWER
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 9:49am On Jul 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT "THE TRUTH" FIRST UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS WORLD. NIGERIA IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY ON EARTH, AND THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF RELIGIONS.
YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE SPAIN, FRANCE AND BRITAIN GOT TO AFRICA BEFORE JAPAN OR INDIA. YOU'D HAVE BEEN WORSHIPPING A COW AND DRINKING COW PISS... AS "THE TRUTH".
I agree. But the truth can never be hidden.... So many of those idol worshippers had found the truth and are still finding it today....
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by johnydon22(m): 9:56am On Jul 12, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
I agree. But the truth can never be hidden.... So many of those idol worshippers had found the truth and are still finding it today....

1. What's idol worshipping?

2. Is it bad?

3. What truth?

2 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by johnydon22(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2018
smart6:

This is a grossly nonsensical argument to make in validation of a supposedly objective subject
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
VivaLaFrans:

VivaLaFrans:
I understand you bro... But I cannot explain to you why the Jihadists bomb people and why the true living God is still looking at them without sending lightening to destroy them. But all I have to say is that if there are dead gods, then there is a living God. The common way to spot them is through POWER

THIS IS HOW BELIEF CLOUDS PEOPLE'S SENSE OF JUDGEMENT AND SIMPLE UNDERSTANDING.

IF AFTER ALL I WROTE THAT YOU READ, THIS IS ALL WHAT YOU COULD COME UP WITH..
THEN I'M SORRY YOU CAN'T ENGAGE IN ANY MEANINGFUL DISCUSSIONS, JUST LIKE OTHER BELIEVERS.

6 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
johnydon22:

1. What's idol worshipping?

2. Is it bad?

3. What truth?

Wikipedia states that Idolatry literally means the worship of an "idol", also known as a cult image, in the form of a physical image, such as a statue or icon. In Abrahamic religions, namely Christianity, Islam and Judaism, idolatry connotes the worship of something or someone other than God as if it were God.

The Truth is JESUS...
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THEN I'M SORRY YOU CAN'T ENGAGE IN ANY MEANINGFUL DISCUSSIONS, JUST LIKE OTHER BELIEVERS.
Ok... What makes you think there is no God? Let's start with you...
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

If this is the end of this discussion, then I win. Please acknowledge that Jesus Christ came to earth for all mankind

1 Like

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2018
VivaLaFrans:

I NEVER SAID "THERE'S NO GOD" IN MY LAST POSTS.

THE REASON I NEVER DEBATE ON GOD, AND WHY I WON'T DEBATE WITH YOU IS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY "FEEL HIM IN YOUR HEART" AND I CAN NEVER MAKE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME, ENERGY AND PHONE BATTERY TO WASTE HERE TRYING TO REASON FOR WITH YOU ONLY TO HAVE YOU SAY YOU'LL PRAY FOR ME, AND WISH ME TO REPENT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.. BEFORE YOU LOG OUT.

PS:
GOD CAN APPEAR IN YOUR DREAM TO TELL YOU THINGS.
BUT CANNOT APPEAR IN OUR DREAMS TO CONVINCE US TO BELIEVE HIM.
HE CANNOT APPEAR IN THE DREAMS OF HERDSMEN AND TELL THEM TO STOP KILLING CHRISTIANS.
HE CANNOT APPEAR TO THE INDIANS TO ASK THEM TO STOP DRINKING COW URINE AND PRACTICING "HONOUR KILLING", AND BECOME CHRISTIANS.

BUT HE CAN APPEAR IN YOUR DREAM. JUST YOU. BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU AND OTHERS LIKE YOU TO JOIN HIM IN HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE. BEAUTIFUL.

4 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
If this is then of this discussion, then I win. Please acknowledge that Jesus Christ came to earth for all mankind

LOL. I SAID IT.

SO I SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE. JUST LIKE THAT?

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALÈKÙ CAME TO EARTH FOR ALL MANKIND. I FEEL HIM IN MY HEART AND HE APPEARS IN MY DREAMS.

5 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I NEVER SAID "THERE'S NO GOD" IN MY LAST POSTS.

THE REASON I NEVER DEBATE ON GOD, AND WHY I WON'T DEBATE WITH YOU IS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY "FEEL HIM IN YOUR HEART" AND I CAN NEVER MAKE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME, ENERGY AND PHONE BATTERY TO WASTE HERE TRYING TO REASON FOR WITH YOU ONLY TO HAVE YOU SAY YOU'LL PRAY FOR ME, AND WISH ME TO REPENT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.. BEFORE YOU LOG OUT.

PS:
GOD CAN APPEAR IN YOUR DREAM TO TELL YOU THINGS.
BUT CANNOT APPEAR IN OUR DREAMS TO CONVINCE US TO BELIEVE HIM.
HE CANNOT APPEAR IN THE DREAMS OF HERDSMEN AND TELL THEM TO STOP KILLING CHRISTIANS.
HE CANNOT APPEAR TO THE INDIANS TO ASK THEM TO STOP DRINKING COW URINE AND PRACTICING "HONOUR KILLING", AND BECOME CHRISTIANS.

BUT HE CAN APPEAR IN YOUR DREAM. JUST YOU. BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU AND OTHERS LIKE YOU TO JOIN HIM IN HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE. BEAUTIFUL.
This is not true... Do you browse the net about testimonies of new converts. I bet there are thousand, if not millions, of people who got encounters with Jesus even without accepting him. Read about Joshua Blahyi (General Butt naked) of Liberia and how he encountered Jesus. What about Abram, before his name was changed to Abraham...

1 Like

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL. I SAID IT.

SO I SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE. JUST LIKE THAT?

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALÈKÙ CAME TO EARTH FOR ALL MANKIND. I FEEL HIM IN MY HEART AND HE APPEARS IN MY DREAMS.
You worship Aleku? Sorry but James 4:7-8 says "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded".

People experience God's grace in different dimensions. The grace on Joshua Blahyi may be different from yours just as God chose Isreal over other nations... So stop waiting for God to visit you first before you seek Him... You might never see a sign until you submit to Him...

1 Like

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Paulscholari(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2018
Repent or burn in hell, simple!

1 Like

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Paulscholari(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2018
TarOrfeek:

haha grin grin grin.. Don't mind the e-goat!
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by johnydon22(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
Paulscholari:
Repent or burn in hell, simple!

Lol abi

3 Likes

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by johnydon22(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
VivaLaFrans:

Wikipedia states that Idolatry literally means the worship of an "idol", also known as a cult image, in the form of a physical image, such as a statue or icon. In Abrahamic religions, namely Christianity, Islam and Judaism, idolatry connotes the worship of something or someone other than God as if it were God.

The Truth is JESUS...

1. Is idol worship bad?

2. Is the worship of a different concept of God same as idol worship?

3. How is Jesus the truth? What is the essence of the truth Jesus represents?

4. How do we verify this truth?
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
johnydon22:

3. How is Jesus the truth? What is the essence of the truth Jesus represents?

4. How do we verify this truth?

WE VERIFY THE TRUTH BY REPENTANCE, ASKING HOLY GHOST FOR DIRECTIONS, AND FEELING JESUS IN OUR HEARTS.

IF THEY DON'T COME UP WITH THIS LINE EVERYTIME YOU ASK FOR CONFIRMABLE EVIDENCE, KNOW YOU'RE IN ANOTHER PLANET.

1 Like

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by calculator123(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
power? Biko explain.
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by calculator123(m): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
what makes you think there is 1?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adam And Eve / Cognitive Dissonance!church "apoints" First Openly Muslim Priest! / Psalm Have The Natural Power Against Your Problem. But

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.