Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Road To Destiny - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Road To Destiny (546 Views)

Drifted To Destiny (Pains to Gains) / Drifted To Destiny / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Road To Destiny by flames007(m): 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
hello guys!
I'm coming up with a short story I hope will be
entertaining to y'all.its not complete though.I'm
gonna update steadily Daily. your positive
criticisms are welcome. as it will help me know where to improve
and whether or not to continue the story.show
some love with you likes and comments. #leggo

School was finally out of session,*yay*. The
holiday was a welcome reprieve from the enormous
stress of school work and from a host of
maleficent teachers who'd stop at nothing to dash
you at least one stroke of an equally devilish cane
daily. *those guys no get joy at all* I mused.
*finally I go rest for their hand,even if Na just one
month holiday*
but even the holiday was not a guarantee of real
fun. I would play boring Ps4 with my brother wale
from dusk to dawn just to wile away the time.we
were never allowed to go outside the
compound.'Lagos is dangerous, kidnappers on the
prowl,bla bla bla' *kudos o,dear parents.you pipu
have sha successfully locked my life up,well
played*
one week into the holiday,mumsy just announced
to us 'hello kids,how'd you like to spend some
time in the village?' Lol, it was not even a question
at all,it was a dream come true. 'yeeees!!!!!!' we
screamed our reply,me and my two siblings *at
last we could see some badass fun on the horizon*
I was just grinning like a Fulani goat throughout
the day.well,generally the mood was excellent after
that day hence.the last time I was in the village
aged 12 I made a lot of friends,we would do a
lot of stuff together, go to the stream,swim,hunt,you name it.The girls too liked me *grins* and
they were pretty too.The latter was what
constituted most of my joy all through. After the
excitement calmed in my siblings I was still so
overjoyed,they thought I'd won the lottery.
yea,thanks to my carefully planned hidden
agenda.now,this to me was a homecoming, aged
I was already deep in sleep when our car arrive at
our family village house.my sister shook me into
consciousness 'wake up,wake up ólóòrùn iya.we
are here.you slept the entire journey. we have even
finished the suya we bought along the way' she
brought out the last piece of suya and started
chewing in an exaggerated slow motion to taunt
me.ouch..that thing pained me.but I took it as
man *not now,not now,mum has some
explanations to do*
it was already dark when we arrived. the air was
crisp and quite.unlike Lagos with its nightly
orchestra of annoying generator noise and polluted
air.that night's sleep was the best in my
life.anticipating tomorrow,I slept fitfully,dreaming
of angel micheal guiding me to blissful Paradise.
Re: Road To Destiny by flames007(m): 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
ROAD TO DESTINY (pg 2),continued.....

when I reached Paradise,It was mind blowing.with spring time in full swing.flowers bloomed in resplendent colours.I could hear a melodious symphony in the distance and.......suddenly the ground started to shake. *hahan,what is this? abi is there earthquake in heaven again ni?* I heard someone shouting my name 'Daniel!!!!!! Daniel o!!!! my mind skiped a beat.It was my sister Esther! 'Daniel!!' she called out again.then I realised it wasn't the ground shaking,it was me. she'd shaken me vigorously like someone shaking yougurt before drinking.I was startled out of sleep.eyes wide open now.*so it was even a dream!*
'one day you will just sleep on water without knowing' she said 'oya wash up so that we can do some clean up around the house'.
'hahan,u can't even allow someone to even sleep to his fill again. I can do my part of the job later Na.just leave it for me' I blurted.she looked at me and shook her head 'stop being a lazy prick.it's nine o clock already.I'm giving you thirty minutes to join me outside!' with that she strode out. 'o lord' I groaned.Being two years older than me,Esther was very hardworking just like my mum.I may be quite the opposite but I think she takes it too far.nonetheless I still thank God for a sister like that,I might have wound up a certified lazy Nigerian youth without her.
I got up to brush my teeth.done. bathing can wait as I strode out to begin my first day in the village.
Quick introduction to my family. my name is Daniel.16 years old.
I have a sister,Esther,18.already in 200L at covenant university.law student.the lawyer of the family, you can't argue with her and win.it's in her blood.lol.
my junior brother Wale is just 14.in ss1.aspires to become a medical doctor and is showing serious signs.academically sound.at that age,he knows the human skeletal nomenclature in staggering details. shatters school academic records like child's play.
well,me? I didn't say much about me cos I'm not as sound.at best averagely performing until something changed that.
popsy worked in an oil company.he rarely comes home and when he does it looked like a visit-very short,cos he worked in an offshore rig. i I've never really learnt to love him. I don't know the reason why.really,how can I love someone I don't know? who is rarely there for me as a father? and I suspect my siblings feel the same way about him too.
mum owns a small catering school on the island of Lagos. her hustling instincts could never be extinguished even with the money our father possessed and his insistence on full housewife-ship. she was virtuous. an epitome of hard work.
I quickly rushed through my own share mountainous chores.with mum off to the market,buying foodstuff for the house, I was free to go wherever o liked. my plans began to unravel *first things first,I'm going to ola's place,then we head down to the stream for a good swimming session*
chore over.I hurriedly had my bath.soap in ears, I jumped out of the bathroom *no time to waste time* I grinned to myself.'what's chasing you sef?' Esther questioned with a raised brow as I bolted out of the bathroom 'you didn't even wash the latter from your ear'. I giggled. 'I know you want to go see some friends' she continued 'mum said not to go to the stream or any of those thick bushes for whatever hunting spree you think up.
be careful'
*hmm,she has come again,small mummy.wether the devil likes it or not I am going to that stream today*
'okay' was all I said. as I dressed and swaggered into the warm August air.
fate laughing at me for the hilarious calamity waiting to befall me.
Re: Road To Destiny by flames007(m): 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
page 3 loading........

(1) (Reply)

The Transition / Mother-in-law - Episode 17 / 1000+ Practical Business Ideas And Directory Of Money Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.