Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:36 PM

"I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" (2208 Views)

Lady Embarrassed At A Restaurant After Her Date Left Without Paying The Bills / I Just Shot Myself In The Foot...the Fallout From Cheating / Who Will Foot The Marriage Ceremony Bills If She Proposes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by mimimile93: 9:26am On Jul 12, 2018
Whether feminists or not.
Mine is, why can't y'all pay bills?

Which law says men are the only ones to pay bills?

What can y'all offer these men that pay bills?

Leeches
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by KingTugreat: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2018
Haahaha i like this girl so honest unlike some hypocrites on nairaland forming feminist,while being sustained by men
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Demogorgon(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Seems people are confusing being a "female" with "feminism"... Feminism is an ideology which some people believe in. A man could b a feminist.
I agree with you on this...
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
LivingFree:
Watch our resident broke boys attack her because their favourite part of feminism is a woman paying her own way through life! They won't support her grin

She has lost on all fronts. Maybe if she added I will kneel down before my husband, she could've saved herself the bashing from both angles...

I hope you know the word “broke” applies to both gender? . There are more broke girls/ladies than broke boys/men in the whole world. A place like Nigeria is worse . Even you that typed this stuff I'm not sure you can afford a flat on your own.

But if typing broke on social media will make you fulfilled or put $ in your account, it's okay.

Broke and feminist are the most abused words on social media.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2018
ladyF:
And when did the feminists mention that they will pay bills when they go out on dates or become the breadwinners in their homes? cheesy

This one is just lazy lady and looking for where to chop free. I'm sure her husband no go see her one kobo chop because she will always remind him that he's the head of the house hence he should foot all the bills. angry

You're kidding , right?
Go and learn more about feminism. How can you call yourself a feminist if you can't pay for your own stuff during dates?
I guess this is one of the reasons Nigerian men believe feminism doesn't exist in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2018
Priscy01:
Mary Jane says she doesn't consider herself equal to a man because she expects him to foot the bills.

Read what she wrote;
"I just can't find myself being a feminist because if I go on a date with a man well he has to pay, my husband is the head of the family because he must pay I and my children's bills. There's nothing like gender equity because I am not equal to a man period!"

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/i-cant-find-myself-being-a-feminist-lady.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Her life, her choice.

How a sane human will declare she's inferior to another human because of her gender is what still amazes me.

It'll take centuries if not forever before African women would be liberated from the whimps of Stockholm syndrome.

Like I said in one thread yesterday ,only poor women think they're not equal to men.

If this lady has money and a well paying job, I believe her entire existence won't depend on men.

I still stand by my words that sending most Nigerian ladies to university is a waste of resources .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by CAPSLOCKED: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

I hope you know the word “broke” applies to both gender? . There are more broke girls/ladies than broke boys/men in the whole world. A place like Nigeria is worse . Even you that typed this stuff I'm not sure you can afford a flat on your own.

But if typing broke on social media will make you fulfilled or put $ in your account, it's okay.

LOL.
SOME WOMEN IN NIGERIA BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE YOU OWN 1 VAGINA YOU'RE WEALTHIER THAN DANGOTE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL.
SOME WOMEN IN NIGERIA BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE YOU OWN 1 VAGINA YOU'RE WEALTHIER THAN DANGOTE.

It seems so because even ladies that can't afford a mobile phone with their own money will be labelling people broke on social media.
Nigerian ladies seem to believe that the word “broke” only applies to men.

Hence a lady who can't boast of 50k will call a man who can afford 300k broke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by NightHound(m): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2018
That's good to know. Just know that feminists are the ones who have given you a choice in the matter. You are exercising the gift they've given you and you don't even know it. They've opened the cage door and you can decide to fly out or stay inside; nevertheless, you won't feel trapped. In the old days this tweet would have been redundant or even downright disrespectful because it implies that your husband's position as the head of the family was ever in doubt. Nobody would ask you what you want or what you think, it's irrelevant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

@bold the only part I agree with...

2 Likes

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 12, 2018
LivingFree:

@bold the only part I agree with...

You don't agree there are more broke women in this world than men?

In Nigeria alone, 7 out of every 10 women are broke of compared to men . 90% of luxury cars are owned by men.
Companies, newspapers, television stations .

If people are to use that word anyhow it shouldn't be women because most Nigerian women are dependents who can't fend for themselves without help from the men they refer to as broke.

What am I even typing. Even you I'm sure you can't afford a well designed flat.

Like someone just said, Nigerian women think having a pussy means wealth.

I'm off.. Got to attend to more important things.
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

You don't agree there are more broke women in this world than men?

In Nigeria alone, 7 out of every 10 women are broke of compared to men . 90% of luxury cars are owned by men.
Companies, newspapers, television stations .

If people are to use that word anyhow it shouldn't be women because most Nigerian women are dependents who can't fend for themselves without help from the men they refer to as broke.

What am I even typing. Even you I'm sure you can't afford a well designed flat.

Like someone just said, Nigerian women think having a pussy means wealth.

I'm off.. Got to attend to more important things.

You make a lot of assumptions... enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Saff(f): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2018
ladyF:
And when did the feminists mention that they will pay bills when they go out on dates or become the breadwinners in their homes? cheesy

This one is just lazy lady and looking for where to chop free. I'm sure her husband no go see her one kobo chop because she will always remind him that he's the head of the house hence he should foot all the bills. angry
UMMMMM isn't that what feminism is about partially? Equality in all senses, including paying half of the bills on dates, in the household etc? She's only stating that she expects her man to take care of her, therefore she cannot identify as a feminist. What exactly did she say wrong? It's like you people like feminism when it comes to sharing financial responsibilities but when it comes to equal opportunities in all other aspects, Na problem. You cannot pick and choose sistaaa.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2018
LivingFree:

You make a lot of assumptions... enjoy the rest of your day.

Just like you also make a lot of assumptions.

Enjoy your day, it's night here.
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Shugavee(f): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2018
mimimile93:
Whether feminists or not.

Mine is, why can't y'all pay bills?

Which law says men are the only ones to pay bills?

What can y'all offer these men that pay bills?

Leeches
lol this is the stupid thing abt you men,, so u want a more modernized woman but still want to be treated as kings of some sort,, wanting to subscribe to the times when women we’re nothing n not respected,,, u guys want developed woman but foolish at the same time,, if u want a modernized woman modernize your brain,,, if u want a woman that pay bills get ready for equality ,,, let her pay the bills but shouldn’t be a feminist?? Really ?

4 Likes

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Saff(f): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

It seems so because even ladies that can't afford a mobile phone with their own money will be labelling people broke on social media.
Nigerian ladies seem to believe that the word “broke” only applies to men.

Hence a lady who can't boast of 50k will call a man who can afford 300k broke.
Women cant be broke. Unfortunately we are not identified with money. Thats the harsh truth you need to swallow. We are not desired by how much is in our pockets, therefore calling a woman broke does absolutely nothing to her value. Its the complete opposite for men, so understand that. Your masculinity revolves around how much you earn. Its the harsh truth.

3 Likes

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by ibkayee(f): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2018
Don’t see anything wrong with what she said tbh. She’s better than the ones who claim to be feminists and still expect the guy to pay solely because of his gender

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
mimimile93:

Am always marvelled at your posts.. Just hope you practice what you preach..
I sure do.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by els0nm0rali(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
Feminism is demonic anyway.

Men and women are equal in DIGNITY but not equal in ROLE.

The man is the HEAD of the home and the woman is the HEART of the home.

So the lady is partially right in my opinion.

It's the man's responsibility to protect and provide for his family. The woman's responsibility is to support the man.

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
my type of woman..I mean for we wey get money to spend.#steady phussy drilling
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
Saff:
Women cant be broke. Unfortunately we are not identified with money. Thats the harsh truth you need to swallow. We are not desired by how much is in our pockets, therefore calling a woman broke does absolutely nothing to her value. Its the complete opposite for men, so understand that. Your masculinity revolves around how much you earn. Its the harsh truth.

Your feminity revolves around the size of your pussy,right?. Broke dreamer.

I believe you have a browser on your phone. Go and check the meaning of “broke” on Google.
Broke applies to both gender TBH. If you're worth only 100k and because you've a pussy you think you're not broke, you're the most deluded individual in the world.

What amazes me is the fact that you quoted me to say this bullshît.

To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
els0nm0rali:
Feminism is demonic anyway.

Men and women are equal in DIGNITY but not equal in ROLE.

The man is the HEAD of the home and the woman is the HEART of the home.

So the lady is partially right in my opinion.

It's the man's responsibility to protect and provide for his family. The woman's responsibility is to support the man.

That you're the sole provider doesn't mean you're the head over another human. She's your equal .afterall nobody forced you to be the sole provider, your ego did.

You're the sole provider doesn't stop you from cooking for your wife and cleaning the home.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Saff(f): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

Your feminity revolves around the size of your pussy,right?. Broke dreamer.

I believe you have a browser on your phone. Go and check the meaning of “broke” on Google.
Broke applies to both gender TBH. If you're worth only 100k and because you've a pussy you think you're not broke, you're the most deluded individual in the world.

What amazes me is the fact that you quoted me to say this bullshît.

To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
lol e pain am. Go and hustle like your mates.
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
Saff:
lol e pain am. Go and hustle like your mates.

You're obviously the pained one here. What gives you ladies the impression that every male on this site doesn't have a job?

Do you know me from anywhere? Seems like you're feeding my wife and I.

More so different time zone, it's not time for work here.

Get up and get to the highest on your career, go make that money and make your parents proud for sending you to school. You're a woman doesn't mean you shouldn't hustle.

Go and make that money.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Saff(f): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

You're obviously the pained one here. What gives you ladies the impression that every male on this site doesn't have a job?

Do you know me from anywhere? Seems like you're feeding my wife and I.

More so different time zone, it's not time for work here.

Get up and get to the highest on your career, go make that money and make your parents proud for sending you to school. You're a woman doesn't mean you shouldn't hustle.

Go and make that money.
When did I say you didn't have a job? Infact I'll be happy if you do, the sky is the limit. I'm just trying to tell you the facts of our society and you started blowing subliminal disses. Its not a fight, you dont have to agree with me. The truth will always remain the truth.

2 Likes

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by els0nm0rali(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

That you're the sole provider doesn't mean you're the head over another human. She's your equal .afterall nobody forced you to be the sole provider, your ego did.

You're the sole provider doesn't stop you from cooking for your wife and cleaning the home.

But my post isn't that long, how is it that you commented on it without reading it first?
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
Saff:
When did I say you didn't have a job? Infact I'll be happy if you do, the sky is the limit. I'm just trying to tell you the facts of our society and you started blowing subliminal disses. Its not a fight, you dont have to agree with me. The truth will always remain the truth.

Which society? UK society or Nigerian Society?
Abi you're living in a fake UK?

Your opinion though. Your life, your choice.

No hard feelings.
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
els0nm0rali:

But my post isn't that long, how is it that you commented on it without reading it first?

You said feminism is demonic. Not just that, men are the head and women are heart.
Misogynist ,listen carefully you're not the head over any human.

Which support are you talking about?
Whether she support or she doesn't support you two are equal.

2 Likes

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Saff(f): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

Which society? UK society or Nigerian Society?
Abi you're living in a fake UK?

Your opinion though. Your life, your choice.

No hard feelings.
nigerian society smiley
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Iamgrey5(m): 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
The lady is being nonsensical, since when does paying for a meal has anything to do with feminism.

It is simply wrong to expect one party to pay all the time, since most ladies are just as skillful and educated as their male counterparts these days.

I guess after going through a heartbreak now, this one too will start claiming feminism cheesy

She will be using feminism as an avenue to voice frustration from past relationships, by shaming every man that comes her way.

Nonsense!

Feminism is an advocacy for equal rights between the sexes.

It is really ridiculous to reduce it to issues surrounding free meal tickets, or an avenue for vengeance or an opportunity to massage over bloated egos

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
Saff:
nigerian society smiley

The dream is free.
Re: "I Can't Find Myself Being A Feminist Because I Expect My Man To Foot The Bills" by els0nm0rali(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

You said feminism is demonic. Not just that, men are the head and women are heart.
Misogynist ,listen carefully you're not the head over any human.

Which support are you talking about?
Whether she support or she doesn't support you two are equal.

I still maintain that you haven't read my post or maybe what you lack is comprehension.

Meditate on this phrase "Men and women are equal in dignity but not in role".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonnyconnection / Buy Your Fancy Bag For 1800 (wholesale Price) / Top 10 Richest Child Celebrities In Nigeria 2020 And Their Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.