Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

$322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals (18009 Views)

Osinbajo Reveals Persons Buhari Will Jail / Kiki Osinbajo Reveals What Happened After She Met A Troll / National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by abbeyty(m): 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
I beg make den invest the money on our power sector wisely jare, awon were
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Tampa6246(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
Are you okay? The cost of living has increased and you think 5k will do anything for her
ellalina:
I saw this in kwara state during the conditional cash transfer
I was moved to tears
This is how they touch lives directly
Please share the money
I don’t need any economic plan that is not visible.
Do something that touches the life of the very common man in the villages
God bless whoever came up with this idea

1 Like

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by larryjay123(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
Deep!
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by blimeyVic(m): 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
Make Ajaokuta Steel Company functional.

Poverty can never be stopped by sharing free money.

The profit the government will generate from the company will be ploughed back to the education sector which will in turn help the poor to defeat poverty as well as boost our local economy.

Steel as a manufacturing material must be developed locally if we want to truly bridge many gaps in the manufacturing industry.

The legislature must not permit the executive to make this callous mistake.

2 Likes

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by menwongo(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
Mention Ekiti first so you can win!
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by 21savages: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
This pipo shld jst use dat money to improve electricity period..
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Tampa6246(m): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
We all know that the poorest communities in Nigeria are in the north. They still gon share it among their brothers. Idgaf whether the money is shared or not. Y'al (APC) take the money and leave get tf out of office in 2019

2 Likes

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by johnspurgeon014(m): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
Indirectly buying votes if this is ever done as specified
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
if they should give it to the governors, it will end up in their pockets. in my own opinion I would have advised the federal government to spend the fund on poor Nigerians like Npower beneficiaries
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by AZeD1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
lastmessenger:
Tell me what 5k can do to a persons life. The FG should just be wise for once and do the right thing. We have the power sector,the railway and other areas that needs money to improve on it and yet the federal government wants to share 320million dollars to some imaginary poor Nigerians.
There's lots of research on cash transfer around the world, read up on it.
Here's one done in Nigeria in 2014

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4273319/
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nackzy:
Abachas loot will be "re looted" But you will only know and hear of it if a now government takes over power, that's wen you will hear so so billion was disbursed and what will remitted didn't reflect the Total amount
From dh you will here 50 billion was transferred to a company owned by tinubu
27 billion was shared by Abba kyari, Kemi, femi, lie n so
By then most of them will be on exile in other countries
This is Nigeria if you know you know
Or some will claim health problems.
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by ellalina(f): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
Tampa6246:
Are you okay? The cost of living has increased and you think 5k will do anything for her

A particular woman collected money he 10k and starts to cry
My NGO asked her why she was crying.
You know what she said
“Who gave her 50 naira to buy soap to bath”
When we did follow up on her, she has started garri business and she is still collecting.
If you can afford to be on nairaland, believe me you are not poor.
When you see poor, you will know 100naira has value
God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Funkybabee(f): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
5k for what, pls what business can u used that to feed a family of 5!!!!can't they create a scheme like npower to employ more graduates

So shameful
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by ashjay001(m): 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
How can so many be deficit of critical thinking

They will quote u d report on Nigerians, now being d poorest in d world with millions, living on less than a dollar/day.

Yet, they wonder how pple will live on 5000/month Come to Abj, a bustling town n see men, women n kids hawking. All what they hawk, is not even up to 1000naira talk more of making a 5000naira profit in a month!

U will gv a grown man 200naira n he will say prayers ur tithe collecting pastor has never blessed u with!angry

Can all these doubting Thomases, just STFU n siddon lookangry

1 Like

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Koolking(m): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
lastmessenger:
Tell me what 5k can do to a persons life. The FG should just be wise for once and do the right thing. We have the power sector,the railway and other areas that needs money to improve on it and yet the federal government wants to share 320million dollars to some imaginary poor Nigerians.

You are not following. Sharing of the repatriated fund to disadvantaged Nigerians and uplifting them from abject poverty is one of the strict conditions by World bank and Swiss government for the repatriation. N5,000 means the world to most Nigerians. Be deeply thankful you are not in their shoes. It's not as if Nigerian government cannot invest the fund in infrastructures et al, they must honor the agreement entered into with Swiss and world bank.

Personally, it's not out of place, but dispensation should be closely monitored to achieve the aim.

2 Likes

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by oomar(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2018
Even the Almighty Allah has done well to nigerians and they refused to thanks him talkless of mr. buhari, go ahead mr buhari God will ends the breetheness of the wailers.

1 Like

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by InvertedHammer: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
Poverty alleviating program.

They are starting from Ekiti, Oyo and Kwara.

SMH. Now I understand the life frustration powering all the hatred.

/
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by GSA01: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
This programme is laudable i dont see reason why people are so disgruntled by an agreement sign by federal government with Swiss court just to get the last Abacha loot in Swiss territory. as its because of the PDP government that squander the over 700m Dollars repatriated in 2005..With No transparency on how the money was spend.. but then here is a government honest enough to be transparent enough so the people could see what Government wants to do with the recovered funds..
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Gerarstar: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
How can a family of five survive on N5,000 for a month. This is the worst African government ever
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Belluchii: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
The cash transfer will work because international body like the world bank is involved in this process, programmes are being set up for effective disbursement and will also serve as a watch dog against embezzlement. This will also help in reducing poverty rate and boost economy development in Nigeria. I am sure that if this money is being disbursed among the poorest people,higher percentage of this families will use it positively.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
The type of leaders Africa has will not cease to amaze me.

This is a president that borrowed 40% of his budget to sponsor capital projects (although in reality only 30% of the borrowed funds were allocated to capital projects).

Now you recovered so much money: instead of using that money to fund those projects all the more and build the infrastructure and agricultural programmes that will save the country from doom, you rather waste all the money into giving handouts of about 5k.

The people that will receive that money will consume China made products and buy abroad refined petrol which will add more pressure to the naira and you as a clueless leader will still waste more money to save the naira.

2 Likes

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by brodalokie: 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
I don't want any virus money. Tell me how the money carry concern me. My grandfather was a retired soldier and war veteran then and my aunt was sacked from the military during his regime without areas. How the money carry concern me?
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Temptee101(m): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
How this man became a prof still amazes me more especially a pastor. He has sold his people and conscience because of a plate of porridge.

I spit on his bald, old, grey greasy head
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by olaboy1: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
Swiss giving judgement on a stolen fund stashed with them, when they should be on sanction by now. This is the height of stupidity of the black race.
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by toliba1(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
Do you know there are people who have never held N2,000 in their hands? The Swiss judgment is clear: the money should be used for Nigerian people and should be monitored by the World Bank. Based on the parameters in the MoU, nobody can steal the money unless the World Bank is complicit,” Owasanoye said.

How many foodstuffs can N2,000 buy? No matter how poor the family is, it can't sustain them for a month. How are they going to determine families in this category?

My Opinion: This money will be shared with their party members at the grass root as mobilization for the 2019 election.

2 Likes

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Adesolomon2014(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
...EFCC recovers N20bn, secures 42 convictions in Lagos

...If I were Buhari, I would have thrown in the towel, says Sagay

Senator Iroegbu in Abuja and Ugo Aliogo in Lagos

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/07/12/abacha-loot-how-cash-transfer-programme-will-work-says-osinbajo/amp/

I hope this idea is not retarded.
Why cant they use it for all eyes seeing infrastructure.
There and then, we all appreciate the govt more. Does giving people money lead anywhr, nop! They tend to ask for more and spend lavishly soonest.
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Adesolomon2014(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
Temptee101:
How this man became a prof still amazes me more especially a pastor. He has sold his people and conscience because of a plate of porridge.

I spit on his bald, old, grey greasy head

Remember ur son will do same to u.
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Adesolomon2014(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
AZeD1:

There's lots of research on cash transfer around the world, read up on it.
Here's one done in Nigeria in 2014

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4273319/

Cash transfer can be viable if amenities are on ground.
For nigeria, what we need is infrastructure knowing fully well that the cash transfer can have an unhappy ending later.
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by jbtobsyn(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2018
post=69297517:
Wow!
This is a very deep thread!

This is coming as the Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Prof. Itsey Sagay, has said that owing to the lack of appreciation from the citizenry, he would have given up on Nigerians if he was to be in the shoe of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He however, regretted that despite these enormous achievements, some Nigerians, especially the elite are pushing a contrary narrative to frustrate the efforts for the simple fact they no longer have access to easy money, unlike under the past administrations.

To this end, he said either Buhari call the bluff of “ungrateful Nigerians” who are complaining or thrown in the towel and allow them to suffer the consequences of his failure to carry on with his anti-corruption projects.

Thank God for President Buhari.
We don't need to say more.
Prof Sagay has said it all...
Oga but Buhari said Abacha did not loot. Where is this loot now coming from? This shows that Your role model has no integrity.
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
lastmessenger:

Bro I understand what you meant. You are saying this because we are from the south and to us 5k is nothing . But the North is different and to some people that 5k meant a lot . I saw something in the write up that says some people have never held 2k before in their life and that’s the truth.

The federal government can choose to spend the money on projects as they have always done, but I think it’s good to try a new thing of distributing the money and let’s see how it goes.

Although, 5k meant nothing to me , but there are some people out there that will never forget the gratitude of the FG provided this fund gets to the intended sources.

All in all, God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by j1mmy: 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
STOP RECOVERING ANY STOLEN LOOT, ABACHA OR WHOEVER, I TELL YOU WHY...
NIGERIAN TAXPAYERS PAY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN LEGALS FEES AND INVESTIGATIONS TO FIND AND REPATRIATE THE LOOT ONLY FOR IT TO BE RE LOOTED.

THE TAXPAYER ENDS UP LOSING MORE MONEY AND GETTING NOTHING!
Re: $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
ellalina:
I saw this in kwara state during the conditional cash transfer
I was moved to tears
This is how they touch lives directly
Please share the money
I don’t need any economic plan that is not visible.
Do something that touches the life of the very common man in the villages
God bless whoever came up with this idea

You think so? What happens after 1 month of receiving the paltry amount?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cattle Ranches: Imo House Of Assembly Begins Debate On Bill / Photo Of Tambuwal In Makkah, Saudi Arabia / Prophet Ayodele: I Foresee Election May Not Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.