Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:09 AM

Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) (35217 Views)

Sotannde Kodir: Missing Person in Ibadan Explosion ( See Photo) / Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) / Third Mainland Bridge Is Locked Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ademoladeji(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2018
justtoodark:

exactly...its the usual blame game that we love so much.....

It is absurd most times when people just blog out unimaginable composition just to get people's attention. And believe me, most of us don't reason before we comment on most posts just in the name of FTC or making first page.

Until I see details, I won't siding sides.

Besides, reinforced concrete bridge is more expensive than steel truss bridge.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ademoladeji(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
Esejojo:

Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, explained that government is constrained to construct pedestrian bridges over major highways in the state to solve problems of traffic snarl on Lagos roads.

In keeping with the philosophy, he said the state government has awarded the contract for the replacement of the failed pedestrian bridge at Ilasamaja on the Oshodi- Apapa expressway to Messrs P.W. Nig. Ltd.

LEADERSHIP checks revealed that skeletal work has already begun on the project which in recent times, constituted a serious problem to pedestrians. With the failed structure already pulled down, the project which is to gulp about N400 million will be completed in four months.

http://www.osundefender.com/providing-pedestrian-bridges-to-save-lives-in-lagos/

God blees you.

Your article was published in 2012. Lol

From the article which was published in 2012, it means pulling down of an existing bridge is even part of the #400m project.

Bridge demolition is done differently from buildings'.

Autojosh no try at all.

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by khalids: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
To the OP, nice to call govt attention to the gradually decaying bridge....

But be careful regarding how you throw facts about....do you have any evidence to back the 400m costing you gave...

Remember, we are granted freedom of speech but not freedom after speech......Be wise
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by deboysben(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

Well I know an answer like this will pop up. Most have not even bidded for a contract in their life. What do they know.
corruption is running through your veins. I can't be corrupt like you it's against my integrity
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by naijacentric(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
deboysben:
400 million what...

I said it fashola is the most corrupt gov lagos has ever produced
ambode is worse

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
deboysben:
corruption is running through your veins. I can't be corrupt like you it's against my integrity

Hahahahahahahahaha .. Holier than thou. Go tell that to those bunch who wins contracts left and right and still come to church to pay tithe and give testimonies.. .buying G wagon for their wives and GFs. Now let me give you a little eye opener. Do you know the massive contract inflation going on in the highest board level of banks and multinationals? You have no idea kiddo- and its not corruption once it was bidden. Corruption is when there was NO bid. Get this fact buddy and stop disgracing yourself with I holy pass you attitude.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ademoladeji(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
megafaraday:
Without looking at the pictures at first, you would think the damage being described is a structural one, that which eats deep into the root of the structure, alas upon reading further, I saw pictures of the blown up roof of the bridge. The roof could have been blown off by a heavy windstorm, they could have been vandalized.
And you can't just throw figures at us and claim that is the cost of completing the bridge, give us an evidence to support your claim.

From your comment, you're in the construction industry.

They come here throwing figures and the lazy youths instead of reading posts, process it before commenting would just start typing.

Most of his write-up were culled from leadership online publishers in 2012.

By the way, no concrete evidence to show details of the contract but the leadership in 2012 said the contract include pulling down a deteriorating bridge and construction of a new one.

http://www.osundefender.com/providing-pedestrian-bridges-to-save-lives-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by bigpicture001: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
it's not a bridge auto josh,its a fly over
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by deboysben(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

Hahahahahahahahaha .. Holier than thou. Go tell that to those bunch who wins contracts left and right and still come to church to pay tithe and give testimonies.. .buying G wagon for their wives and GFs. Now let me give you a little eye opener. Do you know the massive contract inflation going on in the highest board level of banks and multinationals? You have no idea kiddo- and its not corruption once it was bidden. Corruption is when there was NO bid. Get this fact buddy and stop disgracing yourself with I holy pass you attitude.
you're corrupt and unpatriotic for crying out loud
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by AutoJoshNG: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
ademoladeji:

God blees you.

Your article was published in 2012. Lol

From the article which was published in 2012, it means pulling down of an existing bridge is even part of the #400m project.

Bridge demolition is done differently from buildings'.

Autojosh no try at all.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
deboysben:
you're corrupt and unpatriotic for crying out loud

...Alright chap, stop crying.. I accept, I am the most corrupt NL'der ever, come and arrest me. Delusions everywhere you look around here.

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by deboysben(m): 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

...Alright chap, stop crying.. I accept, I am the most corrupt NL'der ever, come and arrest me. Delusions everywhere you look around here.
people like you have made buhari's corruption fight to be in vain
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
deboysben:
people like you have made buhari's corruption fight to be in vain

Pff!
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by deboysben(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

Pff!
au' revoir
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2018
deboysben:
au' revoir

..et toi aussi. Si longtemps'
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Orpe7(m): 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
Our Ipob yoots have started again
First it was removing the Aluminium barriers on bridges across lagos, now this.
Wetin una wan use am do sef?
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Reebby: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

Cry me a river. Nothing stops you running to Alausa to register your anger. You wasting your time and talent on NL.
You had to come back with your alternate moniker to reply me. Chai. Nonsense at it's peak.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
Reebby:
You had to come back with your alternate moniker to reply me. Chai. Nonsense at it's peak.

No wonder you made that strange 'moniker' statement up there -. Mistaken identity Rigby.

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Reebby: 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

Mistaken identity Rigby.
You are that person I quoted with another moniker. Because my post seriously hit your nerves.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by jzun: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
deboysben:
400 million what...

I said it fashola is the most corrupt gov lagos has ever produced

You idiot. That someone said it is 400 million means it truly is 400 million? your education is wasted.

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
Reebby:
You are that person I quoted with another moniker. Because my post seriously hit your nerves.
Seriously I don't follow. For 8 years here I have never changed moniker and I have lots of posts here to catch up on who is who... but its all good.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by BRASH: 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
Offpoint:
N400 millions is too small for a bridge, how will a bridge of N400 millions last? Nigeria Government should learn how to pump out money into projects please... we are not running out of oil any soon. N25 billion for such a bridge is not too much.

They should budget at least $500 billion for the 2nd Niger Bridge so that it can last us at least 10 years.
Do u knw that this ur comment can land u in efcc net? U are a looter in the making and should be arrested asap to save our future generation..my eyes are u.will do worse than the current thieves that we have.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by deboysben(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

..et toi aussi. Si longtemps'

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
I smell a very Horrible lies.

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by KrystosCJ(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
They constructed a footbridge at an overpriced cost and can't even maintain it.

Little wonder we don't value things we have in our country, starting especially with our leaders. I'm sure someone in LASG knew about the cost and kept mum.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ednut1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
shinechinedu:
400 million naira? WTF is wrong with us? And to think that this whole 14,000 capacity stadium below built by the management of Delta state polytechnic ozoro was built from start to finish with just a little over 600 million naira... This country sha.. but wait o.. AutoJoshNG where did you get that figure from.. I need to verify it please
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/lagos-govt-awards-contract-for-reconstruction-of-ilasa-pedestrian-bridge/amp/

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ednut1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
jzun:

You idiot. That someone said it is 400 million means it truly is 400 million? your education is wasted.
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/lagos-govt-awards-contract-for-reconstruction-of-ilasa-pedestrian-bridge/amp/

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Abagworo(m): 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
Another bridge built by Okorocha collapses. Naija and sensational captions
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Spain007(m): 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
handsomeyinka:
Fashola kontinu ooo....

400million for bridge,how much sef be the whole ilasa.

Lol...very funny but d truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians / Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM / Man Sleeping In A Moving Garbage Truck In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.