Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor (42451 Views)

Update: Why I Stuck With This Girl, After Walking Away From 3 Other Ladies. / Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Dated You When You Were Poor / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by CsRockefeller(m): 5:14am On Jul 14, 2018
Amhappy:
Jealousy and envy everywhere. Appreciating people who stood by you is now evil. May God keep away people like this from me and my generation. Only sadists think this way. If you don't want to appreciate yours please leave others who want to appreciate theirs. And is not as if the ladies go on bugging them to appreciate them, it was freewill. No wonder a lot of people are reluctant to assist or be loyal these days. Oh you are there only because you had no other option. Who said? And when did standing by someone through thick and thin mean sex. Does relationships not exist without sex. Is premarital sex not a sin again? Is it now something to reward?

My dear don't mind all these sadist, hate has filled their hearts. The Bible itself encourages loyalty in d book of Proverbs, it described it as a very rare thing. The corporate world also encourages loyalty, these guys are deluded, unhappy and are kill joy.

I also pray not to meet anyone like them.

Like the witch told john snow in GoT, "they know nothing"

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Jman06(m): 5:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Loyalty deserves some reward !

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by SomehowBROWN(m): 5:19am On Jul 14, 2018
zicoraads:
Why do guys think it normal to 'reward' ladies who dated them when they were not rich? I don't get it, was she doing you a favour by being in a relationship with you?

It has become commonplace to read about rewards, car gifts especially, purchased by guys as rewards for ladies who they were in a relationship with when they were poor. I think in constantly doing that, guys are making it look abnormal, the idea, that a lady is supposed to stick with her man, come rain or shine.

She wasn't doing you a favour by being in a relationship with you. No one is doing you a favour by being in one with you now. Whether it ended or not, you owe her nothing for that period the both of you were dating.

Guys should stop making it seem like dating a particular lady is a privilege they don't deserve.
Lol if u value the effort your woman put a relationship and u can afford to lavish her with gifts abeg do so. It's not about owing her, it's a personal satisfaction knowing u can make a woman even more special now after she suffered with or for u in the past

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by zinaunreal(m): 5:19am On Jul 14, 2018
Colourich:
What a fool you are. Such display of foolery, you think its every woman that is capable of sticking through thick and thin.

So youre doing men a favor by sticking with them. Smh. How about we are doing your broke asss a favor also, all these lazy women wey no wan work

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Frankaka8(m): 5:20am On Jul 14, 2018
zicoraads:
Why do guys think it normal to 'reward' ladies who dated them when they were not rich? I don't get it, was she doing you a favour by being in a relationship with you?

It has become commonplace to read about rewards, car gifts especially, purchased by guys as rewards for ladies who they were in a relationship with when they were poor. I think in constantly doing that, guys are making it look abnormal, the idea, that a lady is supposed to stick with her man, come rain or shine.

She wasn't doing you a favour by being in a relationship with you. No one is doing you a favour by being in one with you now. Whether it ended or not, you owe her nothing for that period the both of you were dating.

Guys should stop making it seem like dating a particular lady is a privilege they don't deserve.
what if the lsdy connected the guy to breakeven? My view is, if she had a hand to his rising up ,then no probs, otherwise OYO for her
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by CsRockefeller(m): 5:20am On Jul 14, 2018
Amhappy:
A friend of my DH struggled for years. I even felt inconvenienced at a point because he was our house visitor and even brought his matter here on nairaland. Now after many years of no job,failed business and his family refusing to assist him financially to restart his business,a small girl he met 2years ago has stabilized him with the money she gets from her rich family. So tomorrow if he buys her a car,someone somewhere who knows nothing about their story will be saying stuff like this? This talk is a slap to women like us who hustle with their partners and encourage younger ladies to do same.

Don't feel bad my dear, there are still good guys out there. I've always maintained and still maintain that 80% of people on this forum are psychos. Where they get their philosophy about life still baffles me. I repeat they are psychos who are filled with hate, even d devil acknowledged that Job was faithful and loyal, these guys are worse than d devil.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 14, 2018
zicoraads:

You must be a very callous and wicked person in real life if I must tell..

It's your type that are prevalent in politics now a days and refuse to help the common man.

Remember you will have a daughter who will also date a broke guy.

Are those guys using your money to appreciate those gals?

Did anyone come to you to get him a job so he can reward his gal friend back then in the university?

Why is this your business? The last time I check,its not only done in Nigeria here but also it is a general phenomenon worldwide.

I guess,you just want opinions here in other to send to your employers on the web...you get paid for doing this task how much?

Because am very sure you are on one of those freelancing sites who gave you this task to perform and get paid,otherwise,ordinarily, you wouldn't have asked this type of a question.

I gave my gal a laptop recently for Her final year project...I was in 300l when she gained admission... We were together till I graduated and still together after graduation.

Now,I send her money,buy her cloths,subscribe her monthly data and make her happy,so what's your problem there sir?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by ideology(m): 5:28am On Jul 14, 2018
zicoraads:

We have heard you.

Early this year, one company I consult for almost folded up because their clients owed lots of money on projects they had completed

The MD sent me a letter that he can't pay me any longer and terminated the contract I had with them.
I replied the letter, that I understood the challenges that they are facing.

However, I will not stop consulting for them whether am paid or not.

I continued for 4 months no pay.
Early this week, he sent me a message, that he wants to reward me for loyalty and renew my contract.

The reward alone is more than the 4months no pay.

Yes, the lady is expected to stick in good and bad times. But when things gets better, appreciate her for her loyalty. It speaks more of the kind of person you are.

People can promise you that they will stay but when things gets tough they leave.

Reward the ones that kept the code. It is also a lesson to others

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by XhosaNostra(f): 5:47am On Jul 14, 2018
LarryBeryl:

If she refused to be loyal, he"ll dump her ass and get rich without her anyway. Just like we dump one network for another grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

As it should.
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Teespice(f): 5:54am On Jul 14, 2018
thank God Nl is way different from reality.

this thread won't stop the next man from doing the opposite of what the OP is saying.

granted, you don't enter relationships with unrealistic expectations of getting rewards when your man becomes rich, but will you crucify a man who out of the goodness of his heart decides to appreciate his other half for sticking through thick and thin with him when the going was tough and with no hidden intentions.

you people should stop with the unnecessary bashing. it is sounding like a broken record already. pick a struggle and tell us what you want.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by faridpac2: 5:57am On Jul 14, 2018
zicoraads:

No is not wrong reward her is what you suppose to do
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by DKM123: 6:10am On Jul 14, 2018
delishpot:
Awon though he doesn't have anything, he is hardworking and I believe he will treat me right when things settle for him. Awon ti bony and clyde, awon I will support him in anyway I can because his tomorrow will be rewarding. Awon I will build my future with him gang....... Mark these usernames o. Your building is not needed here. grin grin grin

Hahahahhahahaha! My ribs o!

Awon, I dont care if he is jobless and poor, I can't leave him for the Chevron guy cos that will break his heart. Una see una life?! cheesy When he hammers this is the humility you will get on this thread. Look out for YOURSELF woman! This are Nigerian men we are talking about o... cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by ShakurM(m): 6:36am On Jul 14, 2018
bukatyne:

Oti o!

You want a cook, romantic and lovely wife who would keep your house and you don't want to provide?

What's your usefulness again?
Thats another point of discussion. I'm providing for my wife, we are for each other, don't question that for one sec.           
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by chieyine(m): 6:39am On Jul 14, 2018
safarigirl:
Recently, George Clooney rewarded his friends with a million dollars.

Why did he reward them? Were they doing him a favour being his friends even before he became a big star?

Anyone who stuck to you in your trying times deserves to be rewarded. If you have ever had a period in your life when you were down and you needed someone and the whole world abandoned you, leaving you with just one person who stuck by you, none of you would come here to make such ignorant statement about why men reward the women who stick by them

Do you know their story? Do you know if these women helped them financially? Do you know how many of these men may have been close to suicide and the woman was the only reason they didn't off themselves? People who kill themselves, you think they would have done that if someone listened to them when they were down and gave them hope?

None of you has obviously been down and out, at that point in life that you become a caricature to everyone, including supposed friends and family, because if you have been there, walahi, if you can, you go even buy Banana Island house for the person that held your hand when you were slipping into darkness.

If you know how many girls feed guys in school, you will not come here and ask a question as silly as "Did she do him a favour?" Yes! She fed him when he had no food, she gave him words of encouragement when he had no hope, she stood by him when he had no support. She took insults from friends and colleagues because she was the 'stupid' girl who was following the broke boy

What is a car compared to years of sacrifice and insult? What is the worth of a car? Do you think a car is even enough to repay someone for being the reason why you were even alive to get these riches?

Like I said, let me attribute this talk to common Ignorance. When you are broke and hopeless and only one person has your back, you will understand the men you think are senseless
I think I have to follow U.
So much sauce and sense smiley

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Gbengazzee(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2018
If at a time past, a man had no money and now that he has it, should the man continue to live like one who has no money? Buying of car and as well gifting same are evidences that the man is now in money. So, it is not too much to buy a car for the woman who was with the man when things were rough after all he can afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by godofuck231: 6:47am On Jul 14, 2018
negatives will always attract negatives, mine is still with me, planning on giving her a ring and the sec, when am back, despite her father's wealth she's still humble and loyal, no man or woman should see oneself as superior in a relationship or marriage, it's the Genesis of self ruin

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Longman6(m): 6:50am On Jul 14, 2018
safarigirl:
Recently, George Clooney rewarded his friends with a million dollars.

Why did he reward them? Were they doing him a favour being his friends even before he became a big star?

Anyone who stuck to you in your trying times deserves to be rewarded. If you have ever had a period in your life when you were down and you needed someone and the whole world abandoned you, leaving you with just one person who stuck by you, none of you would come here to make such ignorant statement about why men reward the women who stick by them

Do you know their story? Do you know if these women helped them financially? Do you know how many of these men may have been close to suicide and the woman was the only reason they didn't off themselves? People who kill themselves, you think they would have done that if someone listened to them when they were down and gave them hope?

None of you has obviously been down and out, at that point in life that you become a caricature to everyone, including supposed friends and family, because if you have been there, walahi, if you can, you go even buy Banana Island house for the person that held your hand when you were slipping into darkness.

If you know how many girls feed guys in school, you will not come here and ask a question as silly as "Did she do him a favour?" Yes! She fed him when he had no food, she gave him words of encouragement when he had no hope, she stood by him when he had no support. She took insults from friends and colleagues because she was the 'stupid' girl who was following the broke boy

What is a car compared to years of sacrifice and insult? What is the worth of a car? Do you think a car is even enough to repay someone for being the reason why you were even alive to get these riches?

Like I said, let me attribute this talk to common Ignorance. When you are broke and hopeless and only one person has your back, you will understand the men you think are senseless

I like this girl,

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:55am On Jul 14, 2018
ibkayee:

tongue

I guess in a world where females place a high importance on the status & resources of their partner, they’re just appreciating the ones who weren’t so hung up on it and valued them as a person enough to stay.

Only time I think they ‘deserve’ it though is if they were actually instrumental in his success in some way. Otherwise, they don’t ‘deserve’ it per se in my opinion, but I guess it’s just a personal gesture of appreciation for a kind of ‘loyalty’ that isn’t commonplace
A Nairaland woman that has a brain working at great capacity.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by HoodBillionaire: 6:58am On Jul 14, 2018
my bich
i only give her 2k
at times 1k
but i fuc d hell out of her.
i dnt regret anything cos dah money na money for fuel,beer,tshirt.
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by CAPSLOCKED: 7:14am On Jul 14, 2018
mgtow:

Contributions of the average Nigerian woman in her man's life: cooking, cleaning, prayers and 'advise'.

Shioor!!!

PRAYERS grin
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by CAPSLOCKED: 7:19am On Jul 14, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

I can pay for myself and take care of myself but don't expect to receive submission from me in the relationship because we are on the same level seeing as how we contribute equally to each other's lives.
You are no longer the head or leader the moment we both start handling our responsibilities equally.

SO YOU'LL BE SUBMISSIVE IF I START TO PAY FOR YOUR STUFF, AND I'LL BECOME HEAD AND LEADER IF I'M HANDLING THE RESPONSIBILITIES.

SEE REASONING.

NO WONDER THERE ARE VERY FEW OF YOU IN POLITICS. HARDLY ANYTHING INNOVATIVE COMING FROM YOUR WAY. VERY FEW DISCOVERIES AND INVENTIONS FROM YOUR SIDE BECAUSE YOU'RE MENTALY WEAK.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by naijacentric(m): 7:19am On Jul 14, 2018
Babyforever:
Yaba left patient on the lose
mumu
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by omoranmilowo: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2018
Two things happened here. Either the lady help you then when things were tough or the guy still eyeing the lady.
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by naijacentric(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2018
emelda86:
The time you were ogbenye onu ntu u didn't notice the sacrifice she put in feeding you & all now you are here saying rubbish...
mumu
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Michael3484: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2018
All what you people are saying is Rubbish...
I want you to do something go and meet ahewo they will tell you I don't joke with my money.. You now see a girl that bear with you when you were struggling and after making it you didn't reward her...That's very Bad of you....Definitely you won't reward your parent...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by perfectface: 7:26am On Jul 14, 2018
Hanseel1:
Wanted to create a topic on this but I've been very busy.

No woman did you a favour by not leaving you when you were broke.

What the hell is wrong with Nigerian men? . I'm tired of seeing bullshït headlines and comments about men purchasing cars or gifts for their wives / girlfriends because they stayed with them when they got nothing.

What the hell Is this?
Purchase gifts for her because you want to and can afford it not because she stayed with you when you were broke.. What were you expecting her to do? Dump you, huh?

A lady is broke and you're also broke, so how did she do you a favour by not leaving?
Have you seen women celebrating men who were dating them when they were broke?

What's this nonsense?.
No woman, I repeat no woman is doing you a favour by dating you when you were broke.

Y'all should stop making it seem otherwise.

IT IS BETTER YOU LEAVE A MAN THAN TO CONTINUE DATING HIM AND THINK YOU'RE DOING HIM SOME SORT OF FAVOUR THAT MUST BE REPAID.
the man's responsibility is to provide. And u know that if she had not dated u no sane woman would have considering u had nothing to offer. Here is someone who loved you through all the hurdles and never for once stopped. She probably turned down offers that will elevate her status all because of you. Who no like soft landing?? Whether u lament from now till dawn it's biblical, a man is the head and thus provides period! Why is showing appreciation to such a rare gem bothering you? Why didn't you try out other ladies and see them mess you up. Now things are better and you are so worried about doing stuffs for her. May women never meet your kind. Keep ur money, tie it round your waist, the likes of you will still use it for a useless adventure on some gold digging young slut. I don't even get this!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by emu22(m): 7:30am On Jul 14, 2018
mrphysics:

Why are you pained this much? Are you dating money?

What do you do for a living?

Ans: You are in a relationship.

Lolz, so being in a relationship is now something girls do for a living, very funny!
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 14, 2018
Op,u better take ur time....i dnt want to write my personal story here.....if nt u wud heard an earful
There is notin rong in appreciating a woman who had stayed with u,it is not easy,it is not easy,it is not easy oooooo.....
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by delishpot: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2018
DKM123:

Hahahahhahahaha! My ribs o!

Awon, I dont care if he is jobless and poor, I can't leave him for the Chevron guy cos that will break his heart. Una see una life?! cheesy When he hammers this is the humility you will get on this thread. Look out for YOURSELF woman! This are Nigerian men we are talking about o... cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is how they destroy things o. Today they yari and do as they like. After a few years women sef go strong heart too and do as they like thus cementing the saying of......You do anyhow, you see anyhow.

But in reality this post is made by chewing gum boys for fellow Chewing gum boys. They are at the age/stage when their penis speaks more than their brains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by perfectface: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SO YOU'LL BE SUBMISSIVE IF I START TO PAY FOR YOUR STUFF, AND I'LL BECOME HEAD AND LEADER IF I'M HANDLING THE RESPONSIBILITIES.

SEE REASONING.

NO WONDER THERE ARE VERY FEW OF YOU IN POLITICS. HARDLY ANYTHING INNOVATIVE COMING FROM YOUR WAY. VERY FEW DISCOVERIES AND INVENTIONS FROM YOUR SIDE BECAUSE YOU'RE MENTALY WEAK.

can you give birth? Mr. Intelligent. Why is owning up to responsibility so frightening that u resort to insults. The Bible that said you should till the ground is it obsolete? Real men don't keep their necks stuck in a woman's purse monitoring how much she makes, lazy men do. You provide and she manages what you have given her for the home. U want to keep your balls and ego yet are running away from your role as the head and provider. Mr discovery, were is your patent? What are u know for?
Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 14, 2018
Iamgrey5:
No

It is not wrong to reward anyone (not just ladies) that stood by you during hard times

Anyone who goes through hardtimes in life will surely recognize the worth of friends during such periods in life.

I am not stating that the said person should be turned into Messiah that can do no wrong, but the person surely deserves a special place in ones heart.

You are one of the few people with sense. Clearly, OP doesn't know what loyalty is. This thread is so stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 14, 2018
OfficialDad:
Op, those girls need reset slap. That's how one dirty bit©h was telling me back then that she was with me through thick and thin, and was expecting favours , nigga, we was both broke then, i left the shores and made it, I was expecting you to do the same.

Fvck off bit©h , don't provoke me bit©h undecided
it is because of comments like this women dont support broke ass niggas in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland - Elimination Round 1 / Michael B. Jordan And Lori Harvey Break-up After Over 1 Year Of Dating / She Called Me Ugly, Yet She Is Madly In Love With Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.