Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran (7587 Views)

Answers In Genesis — Why Creation Is Important To Christmas / Pastor Caught Tearing And Burning The Quran In Kogi (Photos) / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by ogatboy(m): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
I have some question and I need clarifications.

1. In the Quran, Jesus (Issa) is à prophet and also the Messiah, how can it be explained. If he is the Messiah then he has something special that Muhammed does not have so why the emphasy on Muhammed who is dead and not the Messiah who is to come.

2. As it is acclaimed there is one Quran which has not changed since the time of Muhammed and it was written in Arabic. Well those that convert to Islam and are not speakers of Arabic, how do they know what they are thought is the right translation. The reason for this question is because when you point out something that doesn't look right in thé English Quran, they say thats not the real meaning in Arabic. How do you know the real meaning when its not your language and you were only thought recitations?

This is not to question the religion but to gain more knowledge

3 Likes

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by amaniro: 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
first, are you a Christian or Muslim?
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Chosen59: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
ogatboy:

1. In the Quran, Jesus (Issa) is à prophet and also the Messiah, how can it be explained. If he is the Messiah then he has something special that Muhammed does not have so why the emphasy on Muhammed who is dead and not the Messiah who is to come.

2. As it is acclaimed there is one Quran which has not changed since the time of Muhammed and it was written in Arabic. Well those that convert to Islam and are not speakers of Arabic, how do they know what they are thought is the right translation. The reason for this question is because when you point out something that doesn't look right in thé English Quran, they say thats not the real meaning in Arabic. How do you know the real meaning when its not your language and you were only thought recitations?

I'm not a muslim but versed in the Quran. I read the English translations from different translators. What I discovered is that though the Arabic text might be the same, but the translators give different meanings to same Arabic text. Therefore, no muslimsl can authoritatively claim he knows the true meaning of quranic verses.

Muslims talk about many versions of the Bible but close their eyes to the so many different meaings they give the same quranic verses.

I'm am yet to come across any version of the Bible that is contradictory to others, they are all saying the same thing in different construction.

1 Like

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
ogatboy:

First thing first..
Islam is practiced according to Quran and hadith...

Not whatever you or anyone think...

Both prophet Muhammad and Eesa are prophets of Allah. Eesa is sent to a nation like every other prophet but prophet Muhammad was sent to the whole world.

Islam is completed and named Islam during prophet Muhammad Era by Allah..

Concerning Quran, there are some wrong translations of Quran..done by kufar and onibidia

The best translation for Quran is tafsir ibn khatir.. It's explained with hadith.. Hadith and Quran goes hand in hand
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Chosen59: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2018
Abuheekmat:

First thing first..

Both prophet Muhammad and Eesa are prophets of Allah. Eesa is sent to a nation like every other prophet but prophet Muhammad was sent to the whole world.

Concerning Quran, there are some wrong translations of Quran..done by kufar and onibidia

The best translation for Quran is tafsir ibn khatir.. It's explained with hadith.. Hadith and Quran goes hand in hand

Don't be decieved friend.

Jesus was sent to the whole world, and in fact, he doesn't recognize any prophet that preached not the Gospel.

Jesus said: And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in ALL THE WORLD as a witness to ALL NATIONS and then the END shall come (Mat. 24:14).
Jesus expected only the GOSPEL to be preached till the end of the world, so he doesn't recognize Islam.

4 Likes

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by plainbibletruth: 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
ogatboy:

Quran Says Jesus is Superior to Mohamed

What MAJORITY of muslims say about Mohamed – e.g. “he is the best of mankind”, etc – are not TRULY what the quran or HISTORY say about him. They (muslims) have simply made up those positions about Mohamed.

Perhaps they want to have a hero and as a result they have created a larger-than-life image of Mohamed. But the quran says differently. The picture of Mohamed painted for us in the quran is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what muslims have been fed with and would have the rest of the world believe.

On the other hand Jesus Christ is IN REALITY shown in the quran to be superior to all mankind, including Mohamed.
It is a well-known fact that Jesus (and other Prophets) are individually mentioned more times in the quran than Mohamed. But more than that is the fact that the QUALITY of Jesus’ person and the works he did (and is still doing because the quran states that he is with God – not in a temporary place awaiting what his fate will be) far outstrips that of Mohamed.

Of note from the quran are the following:
1. Jesus was conceived by a chaste virgin – Q. 3:42
2. Jesus was pure in conception and birth – Q. 4:171
3. He had the Holy Spirit – Q. 2:253
4. He is declared to be sinless – Q. 19:19
5. Those who follow JESUS are to be made superior to others – Q. 3:55
6. He is right now with God – Q. 4:158
7. He is called CHRIST JESUS (Q. 3:45 & 4:157). “Christ” meaning one that is anointed or CHOSEN to be special in all respect; chosen to save others; chosen with a special God-given purpose. A man that stands above all other men, including all the other messengers of God. One who has a superior and more excellent position above all other men. According to the quran he is “distinguished in this world and the hereafter and among those brought near”.
None of ALL THESE applied to Mohamed.

What Are the Implications of All these?
If Jesus Christ is indeed all these then it means he is the TRUE LINK between man and God. It is just not enough to give him a PASSIVE acceptance as a person or as a ‘PROPHET’. He must be seen as one who is MORE THAN A PROPHET. If there is no name greater than his, then salvation AND ETERNITY WITH GOD can be found in none else apart from him.

For God so loved and dearly priced the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him (as Saviour) shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world but that the world might be saved through him.” Jn. 3:16-17

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by plainbibletruth: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
ogatboy:

1. .... ......

The quran was put together several years after Mohamed died.

Even as at then there were DIFFERENT VARIANTS of the quran.

In the Arabic there are over 26 different variants of the quran.

No honest Moslem can therefore claim that there is only one version or use the "its only understood in Arabic" argument to justify any thing.
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chosen59:

Jesus was sent to the whole world, and in fact, he doesn't recognize any prophet that preached not the Gospel.

Jesus said: And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in ALL THE WORLD as a witness to ALL NATIONS and then the END shall come (Mat. 24:14).
Jesus expected only the GOSPEL to be preached till the end of the world, so he doesn't recognize Islam.
Laughing..

Nabeey Eesa is coming back �.
He will implement sharia
Kill pigs and destroy crosses and kill false prophet dajal and many other things

1 Like

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by OnyeOGA(m): 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chosen59:

IF I MAY ASK, WHERE IS THE WORD, "JESUS" DERIVED FROM?
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by ogatboy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Abuheekmat:

First thing first..

Nice. So if it is for the whole world why can’t the Quran be translated into different languages so it can get to the whole world?

1 Like

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by ogatboy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
amaniro:
first, are you a Christian or Muslim?

I am a Christian but I am currently studying the Quran

1 Like

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by ogatboy(m): 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
Abuheekmat:

Laughing..

He will implement sharia
Kill pigs and destroy crosses and kill false prophet dajal and many other things

He was a prophet in his first life so what will he be in the second life? Another prophet? If so, Mohammed is not the last prophet? I really want to understand because I am in chapter two of the Quran and I have many confusions

1 Like

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by HajimeSaito(m): 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
Abuheekmat:

Laughing..

He will implement sharia

What about the fake "prophet" Sex Award Winner (SAW)? Is he coming back too?

2 Likes

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by HajimeSaito(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
ogatboy:

The koran is a book of lies written by a liar and believed by people of lesser intelligence. The more you read of it, the more evident this will become.

2 Likes

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by amaniro: 1:53am On Jul 14, 2018
ogatboy:

ooh okay.
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by amaniro: 1:56am On Jul 14, 2018
ogatboy:

one of my spiritual mentors, she said she ready Koran from beginning to end, then sudden realise the lies and cooked up stories in it

3 Likes

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by ogatboy(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
amaniro:

one of my spiritual mentors, she said she ready Koran from beginning to end, then sudden realise the lies and cooked up stories in it

Probably not lies and cooked up stories
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 12:39am On Jul 15, 2018
ogatboy:

1. What does the word messiah mean? "Anointed Jewish king" who is to come & save his people (jews) the Quran affirms that... Jesus is a mighty prophet of GOD & even the Quran confirms that but his message was for his people alone (Jews) that's why he's termed as the king of the Jews.. Muhammad's message on the other hand is meant for all of creation... They both are mighty men of GOD Almighty both shared the same message..

2. The Quran is preserved in a single dialect which is Arabic & every Muslim is to learn the Quranic language... Translation can differ, but with the Quran maintained in a single language it's originality is intact...
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 12:46am On Jul 15, 2018
Chosen59:

I'm not a muslim but versed in the Quran. I read the English translations from different translators. What I discovered is that though the Arabic text might be the same, but the translators give different meanings to same Arabic text. Therefore, no muslimsl can authoritatively claim he knows the true meaning of quranic verses.

Muslims talk about many versions of the Bible but close their eyes to the so many different meaings they give the same quranic verses.

I'm am yet to come across any version of the Bible that is contradictory to others, they are all saying the same thing in different construction.

The Quran is the same everywhere in the world... Translations may differ because of difference in language thereby causing misinterpretation thats why it was maintained in one language.. For u to understand the Quran, u must learn the language of the Quran.. Am not saying all the translations are wrong, but those who translate it are humans & can make mistakes by either exaggeration or maybe reduction or even changing a verse to suit their own agenda... That's why we say translated Quran is flawed
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 12:48am On Jul 15, 2018
Chosen59:

If Jesus was sent to all the world, why then did he say "I've been sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel"
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 12:53am On Jul 15, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Quran Says Jesus is Superior to Mohamed

What MAJORITY of muslims say about Mohamed – e.g. “he is the best of mankind”, etc – are not TRULY what the quran or HISTORY say about him. They (muslims) have simply made up those positions about Mohamed.

Perhaps they want to have a hero and as a result they have created a larger-than-life image of Mohamed. But the quran says differently. The picture of Mohamed painted for us in the quran is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what muslims have been fed with and would have the rest of the world believe.

On the other hand Jesus Christ is IN REALITY shown in the quran to be superior to all mankind, including Mohamed.
It is a well-known fact that Jesus (and other Prophets) are individually mentioned more times in the quran than Mohamed. But more than that is the fact that the QUALITY of Jesus’ person and the works he did (and is still doing because the quran states that he is with God – not in a temporary place awaiting what his fate will be) far outstrips that of Mohamed.

Of note from the quran are the following:
1. Jesus was conceived by a chaste virgin – Q. 3:42
2. Jesus was pure in conception and birth – Q. 4:171
3. He had the Holy Spirit – Q. 2:253
4. He is declared to be sinless – Q. 19:19
5. Those who follow JESUS are to be made superior to others – Q. 3:55
6. He is right now with God – Q. 4:158
7. He is called CHRIST JESUS (Q. 3:45 & 4:157). “Christ” meaning one that is anointed or CHOSEN to be special in all respect; chosen to save others; chosen with a special God-given purpose. A man that stands above all other men, including all the other messengers of God. One who has a superior and more excellent position above all other men. According to the quran he is “distinguished in this world and the hereafter and among those brought near”.
None of ALL THESE applied to Mohamed.

What Are the Implications of All these?
If Jesus Christ is indeed all these then it means he is the TRUE LINK between man and God. It is just not enough to give him a PASSIVE acceptance as a person or as a ‘PROPHET’. He must be seen as one who is MORE THAN A PROPHET. If there is no name greater than his, then salvation AND ETERNITY WITH GOD can be found in none else apart from him.

For God so loved and dearly priced the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him (as Saviour) shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world but that the world might be saved through him.” Jn. 3:16-17

U are comparing Jesus Christ to Muhammad? Why?
We Muslims respect & revere them both... We believe in Jesus as we do Muhammad... It's not a competition.. They both came into this world differently & left it differently...
About salvation in Jesus.. If salvation is found only with Jesus, then why would he tell his disciples to expect another comforter? A spirit of truth... Why?
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 12:56am On Jul 15, 2018
plainbibletruth:

The quran was put together several years after Mohamed died.

Even as at then there were DIFFERENT VARIANTS of the quran.

In the Arabic there are over 26 different variants of the quran.

No honest Moslem can therefore claim that there is only one version or use the "its only understood in Arabic" argument to justify any thing.

There's only one Quran, there has always been only one Quran 1400 years ago till date... If u believe otherwise, then bring fort another Quran different from the One we have.. Today if u go to China, Europe, America wherever the same Quran is been used...
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 1:02am On Jul 15, 2018
ogatboy:

Nice. So if it is for the whole world why can’t the Quran be translated into different languages so it can get to the whole world?
The Quran is maintained in one language to maintain it's purity... No omission, no addition & no subtraction... What's there is there... & all Muslims are to learn the language of the Quran because that's the language we use to perform salat....
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 1:08am On Jul 15, 2018
ogatboy:

He was a prophet in his first life so what will he be in the second life? Another prophet? If so, Mohammed is not the last prophet? I really want to understand because I am in chapter two of the Quran and I have many confusions
Jesus Christ was a prophet of GOD b4 he left this world, he's coming back because he's the only prophet that is wrongfully equated to GOD, he's coming back to set the record straight & refute all who calls him GOD then kill the anti Christ... The last prophet here means the last messenger of GOD to the people of the world... Jesus has already come... Muhammad is the last messenger & that's why his message is for all of the world
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 1:10am On Jul 15, 2018
HajimeSaito:

What about the fake "prophet" Sex Award Winner (SAW)? Is he coming back too?
Now u are blabbing & insulting... If u really want to learn then keep ur hatred & emotions aside..

1 Like

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 1:11am On Jul 15, 2018
HajimeSaito:

The koran is a book of lies written by a liar and believed by people of lesser intelligence. The more you read of it, the more evident this will become.

Yet for over 1400 years of its existence not a single non Muslim is able to comprehensively expose the lies it contains

1 Like

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by Hamzi423: 1:13am On Jul 15, 2018
amaniro:

Ask her to point out the lies & cooked up stories she realized.... I await u
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by HajimeSaito(m): 1:25am On Jul 15, 2018
Hamzi423:

Yet for over 1400 years of its existence not a single non Muslim is able to comprehensively expose the lies it contains

Sorry sir. You're absolutely right. The koran is a book of truth and MOOhamed was an enlightened man:

Qur’an 18:83-86—And they ask you about Dhul-Qarnain. Say: “I shall recite to you something of his story.” Verily, We established him in the earth, and We gave him the means of everything. So he followed a way. Until, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of black muddy (or hot) water. And he found near it a people.

Sunan Abu Dawud 3991—Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by olawealth93: 1:46am On Jul 15, 2018
Using this medium to ask people for help. I don't owe anyone anything, but please hear me out. Am in trouble with my mums account, she must not know what i have done. I borrowed money wit r account just to go for a job in Lagos. But I was scammed. Check the link please. All I ask is please for God sake please read the past. Am out of options, I have no choice pls.

https://www.nairaland.com/4615010/guys-pray-check-out#69373597

Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by ogatboy(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2018
Hamzi423:

1. What does the word messiah mean? "Anointed Jewish king" who is to come & save his people (jews) the Quran affirms that... Jesus is a mighty prophet of GOD & even the Quran confirms that but his message was for his people alone (Jews) that's why he's termed as the king of the Jews.. Muhammad's message on the other hand is meant for all of creation... They both are mighty men of GOD Almighty both shared the same message..

2. The Quran is preserved in a single dialect which is Arabic & every Muslim is to learn the Quranic language... Translation can differ, but with the Quran maintained in a single language it's originality is intact...

Thanks for your response. Jesus is king of the Jews or Prophet? But Muhammed was also king of the Arabs so how was he sent to the whole world?

The message of Muhammed and Jesus are different haven read the Quran to à point and the Bible.

On the Quran, why do I have to learn Arabic to get God's message? Why did God then allow different languages in the first place. Besides, Arabic is à newer language compared to Hebrew so why did God not just use Hebrew?

Many things don't add up yet
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by ogatboy(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2018
Hamzi423:

The Quran is the same everywhere in the world... Translations may differ because of difference in language thereby causing misinterpretation thats why it was maintained in one language.. For u to understand the Quran, u must learn the language of the Quran.. Am not saying all the translations are wrong, but those who translate it are humans & can make mistakes by either exaggeration or maybe reduction or even changing a verse to suit their own agenda... That's why we say translated Quran is flawed

Are you aware the Quran you are using was compiled in 1924 and approved at Cairo in 1980's.

If the purpose of God, is to change the wrong, why is he confusing people with different translations and interprétation. Who then can accurately explain the Quran the way it is in God's mind. Who knows the real Arabic and won't the person also translate it as he sees fit when he teaches it
Re: Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran by alBHAGDADI: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2018
Hamzi423:

U are comparing Jesus Christ to Muhammad? Why?
We Muslims respect & revere them both... We believe in Jesus as we do Muhammad... It's not a competition.. They both came into this world differently & left it differently...
About salvation in Jesus.. If salvation is found only with Jesus, then why would he tell his disciples to expect another comforter? A spirit of truth... Why?

First, the comforter is not a human, so it couldn't have been Muhammad. The comforter is a spirit, the Holy Spirit.

Secondly, Its purpose is not for salvation, but to comfort and remind Christians all the things Jesus taught them.

John 14:26

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Inspires You To Stay Focused? / Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / The Power Of Seeing Yourself The Way God Sees You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.