Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating (9005 Views)

Asari Dokubo Said Igbos Are Indigenous Majority Of Rivers State VIDEO / South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. / Opinion: Igbo Man Responds And Takes Apostle Suleman Down Memory Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by luvmijeje(f): 11:41am On Jul 14, 2018
Amumaigwe:

What is 'off' is that there are free allocations and government patronage based on ethnicity in the West and North. But nothing like that in the East. Lovers of quotas and free allocations naturally avoid East.

Have you been to the west? if you have, you will know there's nothing called free allocation when it comes to market space. Money for hand, space will be made available.

But you are all avoiding the question. Is there no market outsiders comes in to trade?
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Xander85: 11:43am On Jul 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

We were begged to take it. We were ready to tear this country apart. That was an appeasement to calm us down from doing damage. Nothing was given to us.

LOL@ 'begged to take it'! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Amumaigwe: 11:45am On Jul 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Market draw people in, not other way.

When people are not drawn to a market there is problem.

Market and diversity go hand in hand. If you want market to grow and pull poeople in you encourage diversity.

Pull people in by allocating free shops to them. The same way they allocate admissions into unity schools, civil service jobs, etc thereby giving everybody 'sence of belonging'. His has it helped Nigeria to grow?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Xander85: 11:45am On Jul 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

1. 2nd Niger Bridge
2. Inland port at Onitsha
3. Akanu Ibiam Intrnt'l Airport

What links these three together? I'll tell you: controversy; procrastination; indecisiveness; mago-mago; and subterfuge! wink

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Amumaigwe: 11:54am On Jul 14, 2018
uba1991:
if u say igbos love themselves, WHY DO IGBOS STILL PRACTICE THE OSU NONSENCE? the same igbo blood cannot inter marry,the same igbo blood cannot eat together, ebonyi are considerd inferior to anambra and u said they loves each other. some osu that are considerd slaves in their land when they come to the north they become kings because of the simplicity of the northerners. the fact remains IGBOS ARE MORE HOSTILE TO THEIR VISITORS COMPERED TO HAUSA AND YORUBA

A very poor debater you are. What is OSU? You barely can expexplainksun incisively what it means. I explained to one of my Yoruba friends and he openly admitted their fundamentally wrong perspective. This thread is not about that anyway. Just go ahead and refute the claims of the OP with facts and stop running about like a headless chicken.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by cjrane: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2018
A typical Fulani person believes government should "ALLOCATE" everything to him.

What they don't know is that the same government doing everything for them is dedicated to depriving everything from other Nigerians.

They have taken all the Federal jobs, all the jobs in the Police, armed forces etc and "ALLOCATED" to Fulani people. Yet they are not happy. Other tribes in Nigeria have to scavenge and survive on petty trading.

Fulanis have an option, that is why they don't take hardwork seriously. They know government will always cheat other Nigerians to give them one bursary or another. Now they are sharing the Abacha $350 million dollars among themselves. How many non-Fulanis are getting that money?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Amberon11: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
I know you're igbo and will definitely support your people but it is a known fact that igbos hardly sell land to outsiders and even when they do, the entire process seems frustrating to the person concerned.

You people keep talking about the cost of shop and/or land in onitsha. Pray tell, is land more expensive in igboland than in Lagos, Abuja or even PH? Then again you bring the issue of competitiveness as though business in the aforementioned cities are not more competitive than anywhere in igboland.

Please tell me the cost of the most expensive shop in onitsha and let's compare with the most expensive in the aforementioned cities and see which ones cannot be afforded yet yorubas and hausa in those other cities can afford them.

The reason people hardly think east when business is involved is due to the east not being economically viable and not because non-indigines can neither afford nor compete with the igbos in igboland.

izombie:
no one said yorubas don't have shops in other parts of nigeria. The igbo guy was responding to the comment of the hausa guy concerning doing business in the east. That hausas or yorubas do not own a lot of shops in the east does not mean that the igbos refused to sell to them. The igbo guy even gave an example, no hausa man will be brave enough to buy a shop in main market onitsha if he's told the price but an igbo man will buy it and make it work. The response was epic and i have nothing more to add to that. Igbos buy or build whatever they have in other parts of nigeria. If you want to do business in the east come and buy or build shops or industries in the east. Its very simple.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by dkronicle(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
freeze001:

This disrespect thing is very funny. What exactly do you call disrespect? Doesd Igbo man suddenly refuse to greet d landlord or does he go to attack him and forcefully take over his property? What really? Explain please

Na yolobas we go ask because currently I'm in west and my landlord was doubting at first that he doesn't want someone from the east to be a tenant. But na me dey pay house rent fast and we dey respect ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Ziggylady(f): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
BENARI:

Mr Stereotype that's not true. Whoever tells Igbos hate themselves is only deceiving you.
We hate ourselves and yet we remain the only people insisting Unitedly for self determination in spite of all we stand to loose?

Stop being an idi*t please.

Dont mind them...'Igbos hate themselves' yet Fayemi and Fayose as well as their supporters wants to destroy/eliminate one another(Literally!!!) and burn down Ekiti State to ashes just because of useless petty politics...same people cry daily of how 'Igbos hate themselves' undecided

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Ziggylady(f): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2018
EmekusTHEgreat:
The truth is that the SE is too competitive for an average hausa man to come and strive in, very few can successfully adapt from the relaxed and calm business environment of the north to the fast-paced environment of the SE. I've seen yoruba's in awka and onitsha who have done it, but hausa's rarely do become highly successful, although I remember a hausa fellow who now has a car in awka. But that guy was born and bred in the east.

Dont be fooled!..the hausas are everywhere in the East as we speak..but is it the Okada business(i was shocked at the number of hausa Okada riders i saw littered everywhere in a village in Enugu State when i went there in 2016),selling gworo ,chewing gums,tomtom as well as being petty shoe-repairers they will rent shops for??....

In addition to the afore-mentioned,they dominate the cattle and money-changing busines in the SE so i wonder what these folks are talking about...

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by uba1991: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
Amumaigwe:

A very poor debater you are. What is OSU? You barely can expexplainksun incisively what it means. I explained to one of my Yoruba friends and he openly admitted their fundamentally wrong perspective. This thread is not about that anyway. Just go ahead and refute the claims of the OP with facts and stop running about like a headless chicken.
a typical pig always emotional in expresssing himself. mind u i just replied a pig that claims igbos loves themselves
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by BabaRamota1980: 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
paramakina202:

Time will come when you all will beg us to take it too but it might be too late for you hypocrites.
Your answer have proven that you didn't compete fairly to get there but rather out of appeasement.

Its the desire for appeasement that makes you shout "marginalization" at every opportunity.

Either way a Yoruba will emerge the President in 99; if it wasn't Obj it would be Falae. What is not fair here?
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by paramakina202: 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Its the desire for appeasement that makes you shout "marginalization" at every opportunity.

Either way a Yoruba will emerge the President in 99; if it wasn't Obj it would be Falae. What is not fair here?

You have already acknowledged you were appeased in 1999 that was the reason you have Falae and Obj contesting against each other.
What is good for Yoruba is also good for Igbo that is justice.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Amumaigwe: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
luvmijeje:

Have you been to the west? if you have, you will know there's nothing called free allocation when it comes to market space. Money for hand, space will be made available.

But you are all avoiding the question. Is there no market outsiders comes in to trade?

There is no market for any set of people in the East.Everybody is free to get a shop but at the rate determined by the landlords, which is usually exorbitant. BTW, I have lived in the North and West.
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by BabaRamota1980: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Pull people in by allocating free shops to them. The same way they allocate admissions into unity schools, civil service jobs, etc thereby giving everybody 'sence of belonging'. His has it helped Nigeria to grow?

The market is backbone of economic activity. It has an attitude. You can expand or shrink that market with rules. In an open economy open competition is assumed and this is what attracts diversity and success. Diversity in the sense that the market is insensitive to your status, it welcomes everyone into exchange.

A market is situated in a land that is acultured.

So there is, so to speak, a building block model which starts with...the land and its culture as foundation to accomodate a market.

If the rule of the land forbids cultural diversity, the market will wear this attitude and shrink down to those limits.

Culturally, East does not practice diversity. Amongst you are people that cannot buy land or own properties or intermarry...these are taboos on the land. Your market wear these "tabooed" attitudes and is unwelcoming to certain social statuses. Free exchange is limited.

If certain social class in your land cannot own property or marry freely unless they move out, what makes you think other people not even related with you would come in?

If Yoruba culture or Hausa would exercise a caste system that forbids certain set of their own people from living freely on the land, would your brothers in East that came to Lagos or went to Kano hungry and clutching all he owns in one nylon bag have succeeded in a market culturally "sensitive" to outsiders?

Change your non-diverse culture, wear new attitude on your market, operate an insensitive exchange and people from other places will be drawn to your land.

Make a change!
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by vcente(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

The market is backbone of economic activity. It has an attitude. You can expand or shrink that market with rules. In an open economy open competition is assumed and this is what attracts diversity and success. Diversity in the sense that the market is insensitive to your status, it welcomes everyone into exchange.

So there is, so to speak, a building block model which starts with...the land and its culture as foundation to accomodate a market.

If the rule of the land forbids cultural diversity, the market will wear this attitude and shrink down to those limits.

Culturally, East does not practice diversity. Amongst you are people that cannot buy land or own properties or intermarry...these are taboos on the land. Your market wear these "tabooed" attitudes and is unwelcoming to certain social statuses. Free exchange is limited.

If certain social class in your land cannot own property or marry freely unless they move out, what makes you think other people not even related with you would come in?

If Yoruba culture or Hausa would exercise a caste system that forbids certain set of their own people from living freely on the land, would your brothers in East that came to Lagos or went to Kano hungry and clutching all he owns in one nylon bag have succeeded in a market culturally "sensitive" to outsiders?

Change your non-diverse culture, wear new attitude on your market, operate an insensitive exchange and people from other places will be drawn to your land.

Make a change!
which change!! do we look like buhari. the fact is there is no space anymore in igbo land. excerpt in remote areas, so yes, we are suspicious of strangers and we also scrutinize a person's antecedents before any business deal is consummated.

thanks.
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by tungamaje: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Amberon11:
I know you're igbo and will definitely support your people but it is a known fact that igbos hardly sell land to outsiders and even when they do, the entire process seems frustrating to the person concerned.

You people keep talking about the cost of shop and/or land in onitsha. Pray tell, is land more expensive in igboland than in Lagos, Abuja or even PH? Then again you bring the issue of competitiveness as though business in the aforementioned cities are not more competitive than anywhere in igboland.

Please tell me the cost of the most expensive shop in onitsha and let's compare with the most expensive in the aforementioned cities and see which ones cannot be afforded yet yorubas and hausa in those other cities can afford them.

The reason people hardly think east when business is involved is due to the east not being economically viable and not because non-indigines can neither afford nor compete with the igbos in igboland.

In saying the bolded you have just explained that it's not that Igbos don't want non indigenes to trade in their region, only that our area is not viable enough for business. So EOD. No hostility towards non Igbos.

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by nwabobo: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
Amberon11:

The East is not economically viable? Did you listen to yourself at all? Pray tell, other than Lagos, which states are more economically viable in terms of trade and commerce than Anambra and Abia?

Yes, land in Abuja and some parts of Lagos are more expensive than land in Igbo land but why do tge Igbos own more than 73% of landed properties in tge exoensive Abuja? Are they also telling land owners to refuse selling to the Yorubas and Hausas? How about Lagos? Are tge Igbos also telling Yorubas to sell to them alone and not sell to the Hausas?

Waiting for your response.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2018
Pls someone should send this thread to front page let the world see

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by LBanks(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
Amberon11:

Oga kiss the truth

I live in PH in Rivers State. And even in PH here Mile 1 market is dominated by the Igbo's, Mile 3 market market is dominated by Igbo's, Ikoku motor spare parts market is dominated by the Igbo's, both MTN and Garrison phones and phone accessories markets are dominated by Igbo's. The computer village in Garrison, where Laptops, computers and computer gadgets are sold is also dominated by Igbo's. The same is the case with some markets in Lagos and several other places in different parts of Nigeria outside the South East. Igbo's dominate whether with lock up stalls, makeshift, some don't even have shops, all they is just come out, find one corner and display their wares

I am yet to see any market dominated by Yoruba's
in PH, maybe they may have in the West

The northerners control bureau de change business which is mostly located in Presidential axis of Port Harcourt, but if you go there, you will not see any single shop. The highest you will see is an Umbrella.

I am yet to see a northerner that has a shop or even landed property in this Port Harcourt

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by EternalTruths: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
Dunkofia20:
Pls someone should send this thread to front page let the world see

You mean lalasticlala should post it on front page.?

Just include snake into the post and see it done with immediate effect.

Lala, how you dey.?
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Cherez: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
luvmijeje:

Aunty, the practical answer to your question is this:
I will upload my Intl passport, Driver's license and Address here. Then you choose any part of the east or market you wanna own a shop, I will tell you the price and the seller so you go and own it.
You claim Igbos can do anything for money but you do not agree same Igbo man will sell you a shop or land for money.
See, the simple truth is this:
There are scanty FG development projects in the East which draws crowd, markets and other businesses. So, the people in the East are just grinding to make it happen talk more an outsider.
BTW, Hausas are at Bridge Head, Onitsha, Garki Awka and Enugu selling beans, onion, etc.
I grew up at Onitsha and know many Yoruba tailors and local item traders epecially at Feggae and BridgeHead Market axes respectively.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Almaiga: 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Listen to this girl and keep quiet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuyx3YQPyYM

This is an igbo girl that was born and raised in the North.
I have never lived in the North but my mother did, her description of her years in the North matches what this girl said. Every Igbo that lived in the North can testify what this girl said is the truth. Hell the last time I visited and one of my brother's friend came to see us, dude came looking like a straight aboki. According to him, the bank he works for transferred him to North. He started dressing like y'all just to blend in so he can survive because every little thing, y'all niggas pop off and start killing people. Y'all are psychopaths

The North is the least accommodating. There's a reason why Igbo consider each Igbo residing up north till this very day as suicidal.

If the North is what you claimed, why didn't all Igbo's leave the North when the Northern Youths gave them quit notice last year?
One common thing with Igbo's is Propaganda. 90% of the Igbo's in the North will never go back to the East no matter what it takes. They will prefer to stay and do their business in the North peacefully.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by nwabobo: 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Almaiga:

If the North is what you claimed, why didn't all Igbo's leave the North when the Northern Youths gave them quit notice last year?
One common thing with Igbo's is Propaganda. 90% of the Igbo's in the North will never go back to the East no matter what it takes. They will prefer to stay and do their business in the North peacefully.

Why haven't the white Europeans left South Africa since the blacks have been giving them quit notices.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by JoannaSedley(f): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2018
nwabobo:

Why haven't the white Europeans left South Africa since the blacks have been giving them quit notices.
Take it easy dude. You gon give peeps here heart attack. Damn. Stop the savagery.
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by achi4u(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
This thread supposed to reach front page but the mods are sleeping.

I have nothing to add to what the OP says, there's only one Yoruba guy here in the whole of Nkwo Nnewi selling tires and tubes and nobody has discriminated against him. He's managing fairly like others, so no big deal.
The price per shop here is between N18,000 to N20k per month and I wonder what an Hausa man will be selling to make a profit.

Remember this, 70 percent of boys doing business here are once apprentice for close to 7 good years with all the market tricks and you wey no get oga want to compete.
Well, shops are not free anywhere in the whole East.
In Abakaliki, they have Hausa quarters and Ogbe Hausa free of charge but we the owners of the land have to buy land worth millions of naira for us to build a house.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by achi4u(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
nwabobo:

Gbagam gringrin
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Dedetwo(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
Total and unconditional disintegration is the best answer to the accident called Nigeria. Nigerians can pretentiously talk about true or false federalism, restructure or understructure, zonal or geopolitical division, the answer is disintegration period,
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Chauke(m): 6:14am On Jul 15, 2018
[quote author=nwabobo post=69381052]

Why haven't the white Europeans left South Africa since the blacks have been giving them quit notices.[/quote

Quit notice so that the real influx/ infestation by Nigerians can begin in earnest.
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Amumaigwe: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Make a change!

Grand delusion. Long and short of the whole thing is: struggle and earn your keep in South East or remain a wailing loser. Your imaginary non-existent caste shit limits no one. We neither encourage nor reward laziness. Stay put in your cave and leave SE alone.
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Amumaigwe: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
Almaiga:

And he puts 'North' and 'peacefully' in one sentence. You must be a child or just plain mischievous.
Re: Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating by Loveijaw: 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
luvmijeje:
Unnecessary braggado. Una go just deh brag on top nothing. The Igbo man didn't respond to the the question. List the markets that has other Nigerians trading there was the question rather he went on a bragging spree.
is that how you feel?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cross River Assembly Orders Political Appointees To Denounce Cultism / Yakubu Mamood: Lawmakers Wrong To Initiate Electoral Act Amendment / See List Of Top 15 Universities In Nigeria According To 2024 Times World Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.