Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,930 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Blind Date - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blind Date (4193 Views)

The Blind Date / The Blind Lover(A story of love and pain)-EPISODE 4 / Wilderness Of Blind Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blind Date by Sotonte1234: 2:38am On Jul 14, 2018
It was a blind date so I really didn't have any expectations.

Are you kidding me I had lots!!!

Was he tall? Did he have a charming voice? Was he muscular? Did his eyes shine bright like a diamond?

I had all these questions and more rolling through my head that I barely noticed Uzor standing right in front of me.

"Hmnn, day dreamer, what's it about this time?" He teased

"About you na, what else?" I said.

He smiled "You can't stand me dear"

"What do you mean?" I quipped.

"Never mind, where are you off to, that's before your mind took you away"

"I don't blame you, why do you want to know, besides its none of your business"

"Hmnn, someone's taking it P"

"Whatever, I'm out" I started to leave..

"Hold on a sec Jane"

"What?" I asked

"Its nothing really, I just wanted to know, I have a date coming up soon and I need your advice.."

"Hahaaa!" I laughed. "My advice? Since when do you go out on dates and who is the sister that took you serious to ever agree on a date with you."

"It will amaze you that lots of sisters find me irresistible," he smirked, "you only need to taste and see dear"

"Shior, I feel sorry for all dem sisters then, cos it may be too late before they find out the taste is sour."

"Is that what you really think of me?"

"Since when do you care what I think of you?"

"I just want to know... If that's how you feel or.."

"Or what?"

"You know what, never mind. Don't let me hold you any longer, I'm sure where you are off to is more important."

"Oh well, for once you are right. It sure is a lot more important than standing here answering all your silly questions. And if I may add, save yourself and the sister the stress..."

I arrived at the venue for the date, found a sit close to the window as I watched on waiting for my date.

20 mins, 30 mins passed still no date. I decided to order a drink as I passed the time looking outside the window at passersby thinking which of them might be him.

40mins, 1hour.. I decided to call Stacy and ask her why the date wasn't forthcoming, since she was the one who had set me up on the blind date.

So I dialled her number on and on but she wasn't picking.

10 more minutes I thought and I'm outta here, 10mins turned to 20 and then 30 and I ended up spending 2 hours at the restaurant before I decided it was time to get going.

As I stood up to leave, I met face to face with Uzor, he looked rather stunning, dressed in a suit and dinner tie accompanied by a dashing lady hanging on to him like her life depended on it.

I was too ashamed to even say hi so I made to leave but he stepped forward to meet me leaving behind his date.

"Hi Jane."

"Hi," I said feeling flushed "what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing, since we are both here...."

"I have a date and you know it.."

"Well I have one too as you are well aware.."

"Good for you, bye.." I started to leave but he stopped me.

"Wait Jane, why are you leaving so early, aren't you suppose to be with your date?"

At this point I was feeling suffocated..

"Yes, and he's left" I lied.

"Left without you?"

"He had an emergency so he had to go." Wow two lies in a row, I have a lot of confessing to do

"Oh, well the night is young why don't we grab a drink.."

"Yeah right and leave Cinderella hanging without her man.."

"You mean her?" He pointed at the direction of the lady he walked in with

"Yeaaa, who else?"

"Oh no, don't get it all twisted, she isn't my date."

"Oh really, so she just happened to fall on your hand and walk in through the door with you?"

"Are you jealous?"

"Jealous of who? Oh please.. Don't flatter yourself.."

"So, we could stand and argue all day or just get a sit and enjoy the evening, what do you say?"

I looked around trying to see where the lady he walked in with was, but I couldn't see any trace of her so without thinking much I took a sit.

"What would you like to order" he asked before I had the chance to say another word.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Date by Sotonte1234: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
Blind Date
Cont.

I took my order and he did as well, we spoke for a while and I couldn't believe it was the same Uzor I knew.

What changed I thought to myself, he sure seemed like a total gentleman and I was definitely enjoying the moment that I totally forgot about the annoying date that stood me up till I got a call.

I looked at the caller ID and it read 'Stacy'. I knew I couldn't answer the call right there so I excused myself as I went out to talk to her.

"Hi Stacy", I said.. Where have you been, been trying to reach you

"Yeah I know, I just saw your missed call, that's why I called back. So sorry. So jist me, how's the date?"

"What date? Your date never showed up, he stood me up, that's why I was calling to ask you what happened."

"What? You mean Uzor didn't come?"

"What?" I was lost for a second as I looked into the restaurant.. "You mean... Uzor was the date!?"

"Yes he was, I'm sorry, I should have said something but he made me promise not to."

"Oh, its nothing, never mind. I'll talk to you later." I cut the call as I proceeded to go into the restaurant to give Uzor a tongue lash.

Right then, I saw a man strolling out of the restaurant with a lady held tight to his arm, the face looked familiar, then I remembered, she was the same lady that held on to Uzor as they walked into the restaurant.

So she really wasn't his date, why then did he have to... I stopped short as I remembered all that transpired earlier on.

So, I was the one he needed advice for, he made me wait for 2 hours only to waltz in with a girl to get me jealous.. Oh well, he succeeded. I definitely wouldn't have given him a chance.

So I walked into the restaurant, sat down and sipped on my drink as I smiled at him and thought....

Just for tonight, I'll enjoy myself and go along with the pretence....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Date by Sotonte1234: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: Blind Date by Sotonte1234: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: Blind Date by JoyAda1234(f): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nice story.Ride on cool
Re: Blind Date by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:05am On Jul 25, 2018
cheesy
Re: Blind Date by donphosphate(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2018
pls ride on ooooo
Re: Blind Date by Gotee11(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2018
I beg u with the name God, don't give me heart break for update, please.
Re: Blind Date by crifix(m): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2018
waiting for the rest episode
Re: Blind Date by wisdomsnr(m): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2018
And at this point the writer suddenly stopped writing and you think it's funny
Re: Blind Date by skubido(m): 11:49am On Jul 25, 2018
OP, congrat @ FP tinz,
jah bless ya hand work ooo
Re: Blind Date by pweetygiftofGod(f): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
cool
Re: Blind Date by Rockyrascal(m): 11:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
Am lucky to be here...OP please don't forsake me o cheesy
Re: Blind Date by PrudySara(f): 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
OP... Where are you now? Update please
Re: Blind Date by Rockyrascal(m): 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
OP pls ooo...you actually hit the front page.

(1) (Reply)

All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian / God's Errand Girl: A Story / The Millionaire’s Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.