Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport (38004 Views)

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport / Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by kazyhm(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Was I where?

at the polling boot i voted him
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by CioAngels(f): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2018
IamHeWrites:
A devastated Nigerian man has called on the Chinese Government to help re-facilitate the Port Harcourt international airport. It’s really in a gruesome state.

Read his tweet below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/man-calls-on-chinese-govt-for-help-after-a-visit-to-port-harcourt-international-airport.html

Iamhewrites, you should not call on China instead you call the Japanese who will do good job in place given kick backs, because they wont give any percent but give you good job. If Chinese can contract their train rail job to Japanese, why cant Nigeria do same. Nigerians are educated they say, yet, no knowledge of anything, they flaunt beautiful CVs, yet, no ideas, only to depend on semi whites to come and do shoddy jobs after they must have collected 50percent out of the contract some.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Yes but being diverse is also a major problem. A country that is almost 100 percent homogenous would be able to tackle this corrupt leaders easily but you can't in an extremely diverse nation as they would always play the tribal card. Rwanda is working because it's almost completely homogenous. The hutus and tutsis speak the same language and were just words used to different people in the past based on the wealth they had

theory is different from practicals...

if we were to divide Nigeria along tribal and ethnic lines we would have close to 50 new countries....

why do you think the british almagamated Nigeria?

they saw the fragility in individuality and more viability and strength in diversity?

Ojukwu who clamored for secession of the then eastern region, you think he is a fool ?

some account states that he felt had a negotiable instrument - oil and thereby was in a stronger position to dictate to the government at the center which was led by Gowon.

Ojukwu felt he had more claim to being head of state than gowon coupled with killings of Igbos in the north. He declared biafra which was the eastern region under his command.

this is a game of resources, personal ambition albeit selfishness which again leads to my earlier point...
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by theoldpretender(m): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
That's all you've been yammering about. To paraphrase you: "Nigerians don't pay high taxes, therefore people heading institutions in the country should 'flex' until the people are ready to pay high taxes" If you cannot allude this as what you've been commenting all along then forgive me for not helping your comprehension skills.

From your comments, I can you almost deduce that you do not own or run any legitimate business in Nigeria to talk about taxes and levies and how much more you would like the government to increase them.

Is it high taxes that make over 75% of Nigerian annual budget to be recurrent expenditure and the national assembly consuming as much as 30%?

How much has Nigeria accrued from oil trade over the years and what exactly is the one sector or public institution thing you can lay a finger on that is efficient?

I read earlier you attributed private investment (GSM) to the government. Bloody shame on you! What next, Olamide is successful because of Nigerian government and policies?

There is no accountability and you are talking about taxes. Have you asked if all states have been able to pay the N18,000 minimum wage but you want increased taxes, from whom if I may ask?

Is it insufficient tax rates, that cause politicians to abscond with money for projects which you clearly think is the main reason the airport has been in that condition since 2012?

Or would you pretend not to be aware that all 'white elephant projects' that have been investigated revealed that the contract sums were not only over-inflated but the funds were fully disbursed.

I don't know if you are trolling, if so then you got me, but I hope there's just a little bit of conscience left in you and that is what I try to reach, even though you may be feeding fat off these sham projects and government officials' stealing.

Then hold your leaders to account.

Also, you pay higher taxes, you have higher incentive to hold leaders to account

We are no longer earning enough from oil. Even with restructuring.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

if we were to divide Nigeria along tribal and ethnic lines we would have close to 50 new countries....

they saw the fragility in individuality and more viability and strength in diversity?

Ojukwu who clamored for secession of the then eastern region, you think he is a fool ?

some account states that he felt had a negotiable instrument - oil and thereby was in a stronger position to dictate to the government at the center which was led by Gowon.

Ojukwu felt he had more claim to being head of state than gowon coupled with killings of Igbos in the north. He declared biafra which was the eastern region under his command.

this is a game of resources, personal ambition albeit selfishness which again leads to my earlier point...
The British should come back and rule Nigeria since they created it lipsrsealed. As for the biafran war, I am tired of hearing the same old stories over and over again. It's now boring.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

The British should come back and rule Nigeria since they created it lipsrsealed. As for the biafran war, I am tired of hearing the same old stories over and over again. It's now boring. My forefathers were never present during the amalgamation. Before the white men came, weren't the ethnic nations existing?
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by CioAngels(f): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2018
oruma19:
Stella odua burnt billions , amaechi burnt billions, previous gvr burnt billions on this same airport. Nigeria is cursed. All criminals in hell are returnwd to Nigeria for rehabilitation, but wetin de blood , de blood.
No, not our beautiful country Nigeria is cursed with all the mineral sources wasting away. It is the Nigerian leaders that are cursed and they will be disgraced openly by all the deities of Nigeria. When they all have bought certificates from 1st degree, masters and Phd. When a so called leader after six months of matriculation he had his convocation. Is this what i am educated is all about there by denying the merited people employment.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by BurntDodo: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2018
My people, imagine if we don't watch on TV and see on the internet how developed European countries are and how developing countries are striving to better the living conditions of their citizens, our Government people will sell black as white to us o.

How can you use canopies. I can't even talk. My throat is paining me for Nigeria. Do you people have insane??
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

The British should come back and rule Nigeria since they created it lipsrsealed. As for the biafran war, I am tired of hearing the same old stories over and over again. It's now boring. My forefathers were never present during the amalgamation. Before the white men came, weren't the ethnic nations existing?

you want us to exist as villages? cos that was what was then...

or maybe empires...

when the whole SE and SS was under the Benin Empire...

the northern empire backed by foot soldiers from Mali, senegal and Northern africa trying to wipe out the SW
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

you want is to exist as villages? cos that was what was then...

or maybe empires...
The empires were doing just fine. The natives weren't asked for any permission before being forced into this shithole they call Nigeria. The British should come back and take responsibility for the shithole they created as it's obvious no one understands what they have done.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Pesuzok(m): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2018
poseidon12:

While some people are planning to keep them (APC) in power.
So what do we do
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 11:10am On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

The empires were doing just fine. The natives weren't asked for any permission before being forced into this shithole they call Nigeria. The British should come back and take responsibility for the shithole they created as it's obvious no one understands what they have done.

or maybe empires...
the northern empire backed by foot soldiers from Mali, senegal and Northern africa trying to wipe out the SW
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

or maybe empires...
South east was never under the Benin empire. Don't twist history and facts abeg.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

South east was never under the Benin empire. Don't twist history and facts abeg.

i laugh in spanish. ..

FYI the area known as lagos island was under the Benin Empire too...
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

i laugh in spanish. ..

FYI the area known as lagos island was under the Benin Empire too...

That's the extent of the benin empire at the height of its power. Which part of south south and south east again undecided

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by jibs4lv(m): 11:32am On Jul 14, 2018
bigerboy200:
Nigeria is a disgrace.. How did we acquire “ giant of Africa” status ?? Cos we don’t deserve that name at all. Our politicians have finished us walahi. Just see this airport looking like mama put joint.
If you are chanced to see most of African countries in the last decades, you 'll understand the answer to your question but am sure not anymore .

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 14, 2018
IamHeWrites:
A devastated Nigerian man has called on the Chinese Government to help re-facilitate the Port Harcourt international airport. It’s really in a gruesome state.

Read his tweet below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/man-calls-on-chinese-govt-for-help-after-a-visit-to-port-harcourt-international-airport.html

Nation of shameless thieves, and to think this is an oil producing state.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 11:39am On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

That's the extent of the benin empire at the height of its power. Which part of south south and south east again undecided

that map shows the Benin kingdom not the Benin Empire. ..

below is the definition of an empire

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

that map shows the Benin kingdom not the Benin Empire. ..

below is the definition of an empire

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire

That's the map of the benin empire. Stop twisting the facts or post another map that shows the benin empire having influence on then south east and south south parts of Nigeria. The south east was never under any empire.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 11:56am On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

That's the map of the benin empire. Stop twisting the facts or post another map that shows the benin empire having influence on then south east and south south parts of Nigeria. The south east was never under any empire.

my friend we both have internet acess. that map was gotten from benin kingdom wiki page.
What wiki clearly states as kingdom of benin , you are trying to twist to support your argument?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Benin
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

At its height, Benin dominated trade along the entire coastline from the Western Niger Delta,through Lagos to modern-day Ghana. [5] It was for this reason that this coastline was named the Bight ofBenin .The present-day Republic ofBenin, formerly Dahomey,decidedto choosethe nameof this bight as the name of its country. Benin ruled over the tribes of the Niger Delta including the Western Igbo,Ijaw,Itshekiri, and Urhobo amongst others. It also held sway over the Eastern Yoruba tribes of Ondo, Ekiti, Mahin/Ugbo, and Ijebu. [6] It also established the first colony of Lagos hundreds of years before the British took

source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Benin
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by erico2k2(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

At its height, Benin dominated trade along the entire coastline from the Western Niger Delta,through Lagos to modern-day Ghana. [5] It was for this reason that this coastline was named the Bight ofBenin .The present-day Republic ofBenin, formerly Dahomey,decidedto choosethe nameof this bight as the name of its country. Benin ruled over the tribes of the Niger Delta including the Western Igbo,Ijaw,Itshekiri, and Urhobo amongst others. It also held sway over the Eastern Yoruba tribes of Ondo, Ekiti, Mahin/Ugbo, and Ijebu. [6] It also established the first colony of Lagos hundreds of years before the British took
How does this help modern day Benin cit, ikpoba hill, ring road and satana markets? grin grin grin or Ogiao
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2018
OChimex:
This is Nigeria, you can only survive here when you assume to be mad.

How can you use this shrine as an airport?

How can you stay in a country without electricity for months and still pay bills?

How can you stay in a country with no functioning system?

How can you stay in a country with zero infrastructure?

How can you stay in a country where your life is worth less than cows?

How can one condone and still live in a messed up shithole like Nigeria?

It can only happen when you throw away your sanity and become temporary mad, then you will survive.

Welcome to Nigeria where everyone is a part time mad person...

It's really sad..

"" How can you stay in a country where your life is worth less than cows?""

Fact.

The true definition of full blown madness.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
erico2k2:

How does this help modern day Benin cit, ikpoba hill, ring road and satana markets? grin grin grin or Ogiao

times has changed ... that was what i was trying to explain to tensazangetsu20

he wants us to revert to those days ... pre colonial era...when they were killing twins etc.... black man and backwardness...whites are futuristic,always looking forward thinking about traveling to Mars but blacks are always backward looking they swear for black man
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

or maybe empires...
There was never a time in history wen SE n SS was a part of the Bini Kingdom (Not Empire, cuz it was never an empire.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

Which one is western igbos undecided
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:
There was never a time in history wen SE n SS was a part of the Bini Kingdom (Not Empire, cuz it was never an empire.

really so you want to change history.

na wa o black men our wahala plenty.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Which one is western igbos undecided
area that ranges between present day imo, enugu abia, ebonyi...i guess
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

I still don't believe that. Someone must have edited that information and typed it there. The Benin empire never ruled over the igbos never
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

I still don't believe that. Someone must have edited that information and typed it there. The Benin empire never ruled over the igbos never

love is blind... i understand...
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by erico2k2(m): 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

times has changed ... that was what i was trying to explain to tensazangetsu20

he wants us to revert to those days ... pre colonial era...when they were killing twins etc.... black man and backwardness...whites are futuristic,always looking forward thinking about traveling to Mars but blacks are always backward looking they swear for black man
He can revert to those days by himself lol, there are countries still living like that Niger and Tchad are good examples. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece / Train Crushes Man To Pieces In Benue State (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Recent Photos Of Port-Harcourt International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.