Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:53 PM

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) (41843 Views)

Top 3 Smartphone Brands Making Waves In 2019 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Unboxing - Other Smartphone Brands Better Sit Up / How Smaller Smartphone Brands Are Becoming Unapologetic Profit Driven Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by udy4real(m): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
homebase:
Yes TeamAlcatel

Rocking my Aicatel Pixi 4 of N24,000 for over 1 and half year now.

No single headache ever. Though i did my through research before making my purchase decision.

Except i want to go for Iphone or Samsung, my next phone will still be Acaltel.

That pixi 4 is a good phone

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by hajlat2(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
donholy28:
The main reason few people in Nigeria uses these phones is because they don't have spare parts..nobody wants to buy a phone that u can't easily fix when it damages...even to find the spare battery of some of them na war
You just nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Unlimited22: 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Mogenerous:

Even Xiaomi has a cloud
Tell them o
MI Cloud.
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Mogenerous(f): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
Unlimited22:

Tell them o
MI Cloud.

The other day, an important message got deleted from my phone. I wasn't worried much because I knew I could retrieve it. I logged into my mi account on my system and bam, it was retrieved. Just like that. That phone gives me joy cheesy
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Unlimited22: 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
Mogenerous:

The other day, an important message got deleted from my phone. I wasn't worried much because I knew I could retrieve it. I logged into my mi account on my system and bam, it was retrieved. Just like that. That phone gives me job cheesy
cheesy wink
If you know, you know.
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2018
onatisi:
since i switched over to lenovo motorola , i have decided to stay with it, their phones are cheap and very good. it seems lenovo target is to make quality phones at the most affordable prices .i sarted with their motog4 and now i am presently using their motog6 , good quality phones at the cheapest rate

Please,where did you get Moto g4 in Nigeria?
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by noruwasman(m): 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
Mogenerous:

Lol Dude.. To start with, you don't know my age. Two, you still haven't picked out the insult in that quote. Even the person I mentioned is reasonable enough to see what I wrote wasn't an insult of any sort. Whatever Ego you are meant to drop it's so none of my business.

Move on and stop mentioning me!

Cheers

Says a typical naja slay queen(mama). do have a nice day dear
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Anthofrie(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nice thread. TechCapon.

I think We should take a look at Blackview smartphone .
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by MrBONE2(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
Famolove:
WHAT ABOUT OPPSON
Oups Son is not among them grin
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Rooy57(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
OboOlora:
Most Nigerians especially the ladies but phones to keep up to their fake status!

I remember the last time I was in Nigeria, a lady just bought an iPhone 8 and was worried that her pictures were not backed up. I told her about iCloud and she was looking confused after claiming to have used 4 different iPhones from different generations.

So why not just buy a xiami phone since it’s just for IG and Snapchat!

This your monica ehn
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by onatisi(m): 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2018
bought it on ebay and shipped it down to nigeria
Rem22:

Please,where did you get Moto g4 in Nigeria?
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
Mogenerous:

You must be joking if you think Xiaomi has no presence in Nigeria. Check everywhere, from Nairaland to jumia and all other stores, you will definitely find the products there

Anyways I have a brand new Xiaomi Redmi 5 to sell, anyone interested should Holla
What's ur location?
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by uwa244(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
LENOVO no doubt is a renowned worldclass brand.

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by stfadaanthony(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
TechCapon:
how much?
#35000 with shipping from Jumia.
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by donbenie(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
colossus91:
op so I should buy xiaomi or whatever with a 92k??
92k is equivalent to $250,in the world of Smartphones that is lower midrange..don't be fooled by the worthless Naira,four years ago that would cost about 41k..

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Toni19: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nigerians are not neglecting them but everyone will rather buy good infinix of 60k or iPhone of 120k than these phones. I agree with you. 92k is a bit chunk of money to be thrown out like that. Wise guy
colossus91:
op so I should buy xiaomi or whatever with a 92k??
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Raskasal(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
Still rocking my Le Eco S3 X626. 8 months now and no complain
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by ElvisMcCoy(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2018
Raskasal:
Still rocking my Le Eco S3 X626. 8 months now and no complain
That phone is the bomb. Bought for my sister and dad since January and they keep praising that phone. Even me I'm using Mi A1 and my colleagues have been moving to Xiaomi phones too...people are embracing all these products now.

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by ElvisMcCoy(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2018
Mogenerous:

Xiaomi don't produce inferior products. I don't know about the other brands he mentioned sha. Since I started using Xiaomi, I can't count the number of people around me that have joined the gang too.. This people should coman make me ambassador abeg. I love the products like a LOT cz you get value for your money
The problem with us is information. Since I started using Xiaomi phones I now see our Tecno, Infinix and co like toys. Performance level is way better. And their device smell premium. I currently use the Mi A1 as my daily driver. And my woman use the Redmi Note 3. Planning on getting the Redmi Note 6Pro as well as Redmi 6a For my siblings later this year. The problem is information.

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by ElvisMcCoy(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2018
lagosboy3:
What does "phones without spare parts" even mean?

I've used different Xiaomi phones since 2015 and didn't need to take any of them for a change of spare parts.
My brother I'm as surprised as you are. When people say phones without spare parts I marvel because since I've been using premium phones I've not taken them for repairs before and even if it has issues I simply order for the parts. The problem is they've not used any of these products so they fear. They fear what they don't know and understand.

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by ElvisMcCoy(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2018
tdjubemi:
I swear. Nigerians neglect some good brands. I've tried selling my Doogee with 2gb ram, 1.5ghz octa core, mt helio p25 cpu for just 34k so i can add to the money I've saved to buy a much better phone, but to no avail. No buyer has come up to cos They're looking for a brand they know. So someone will sell tecno l9+ with just quad core and low cpu for 38k and they'll buy that instead of mine.
My brother, just a few of us know about specs. A lot of us prefer names. But me, it is Xiaomi, LeEco, Bluboo and co all the way. Look at the CPU Helio P25, far better than what most of our Infinix are using.

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by ADESANMIM(f): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2018
I use techno spark 2 now .so comfortable for me o.
I wanted huawei but price was high.
Had used lenovo p2 before, good camera and batter but screen breaks easily. Too fragile body too.
It's users experience that determines what to opt for o
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Freelancerx: 10:05am On Jul 15, 2018
donholy28:
The main reason few people in Nigeria uses these phones is because they don't have spare parts..nobody wants to buy a phone that u can't easily fix when it damages...even to find the spare battery of some of them na war
I was gonna say this. And that is why Tecno and the likes will continue to dominate.
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by scarycuteface(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
Most of these brands are not readily available. Their accessories and spare parts too. That is why a lot of people don't really mean towards them. And then they are kind of expensive compared to the Infinix and Tecno
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by charlesm91(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2018
RobbStark:
Any day anytime, I will go for Huawei phones.
Just like the OP said because they don't make too much noise, people just ignore the fact that there are other options phone wise.

I am currently using the Huawei Enjoy 6 and frankly speaking, the fone is too gud.
You can Google it or check out the spec from Jumia n Konga

Currently using the p10 lite and it's the smoothest Android I ever used. While the processor isn't Snapdragon but it's well optimised for the phone so it runs with no lag (Top Huawei phones are). I never had cause to reset the phone and only last week received Oreo update which is even better in optimising. I plan on going for the Huawei honor 10 later this year. Although parts replacement are the major disadvantage but for the value one get, I can't give it up for the lesser likes of Tecno n co. I guess I just gave to be extra careful. But then again, the phones are made of quality so it lasts long. I've not had a hardware issue at all.
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Rubiesangel: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
charlesm91:

Currently using the p10 lite and it's the smoothest Android I ever used. While the processor isn't Snapdragon but it's well optimised for the phone so it runs with no lag (Top Huawei phones are). I never had cause to reset the phone and only last week received Oreo update which is even better in optimising. I plan on going for the Huawei honor 10 later this year. Although parts replacement are the major disadvantage but for the value one get, I can't give it up for the lesser likes of Tecno n co. I guess I just gave to be extra careful. But then again, the phones are made of quality so it lasts long. I've not had a hardware issue at all.
how do you mean lesser likes? Do you understand that phones are designed for specific purposes? There are several TECNO phones designed to meet varyi g degrees of tasks, find the one that suits your need. Get one today
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Rubiesangel: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2018
scarycuteface:
Most of these brands are not readily available. Their accessories and spare parts too. That is why a lot of people don't really mean towards them. And then they are kind of expensive compared to the Infinix and Tecno
TECNO phones and parts are readily available and affordable in the market
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Rubiesangel: 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
Freelancerx:
I was gonna say this. And that is why Tecno and the likes will continue to dominate.
TECNO u understand the need of us3rs mire than the other brands.
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by Rubiesangel: 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2018
ElvisMcCoy:

The problem with us is information. Since I started using Xiaomi phones I now see our Tecno, Infinix and co like toys. Performance level is way better. And their device smell premium. I currently use the Mi A1 as my daily driver. And my woman use the Redmi Note 3. Planning on getting the Redmi Note 6Pro as well as Redmi 6a For my siblings later this year. The problem is information.
you can also get for your landlord and his children and 3 wives. Phone buyer, Wehdone sir.
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by tafat: 5:35am On Jul 16, 2018
that spark 2 is a good device, wouldnt mind getting on for myself too.
ADESANMIM:
I use techno spark 2 now .so comfortable for me o.
I wanted huawei but price was high.
Had used lenovo p2 before, good camera and batter but screen breaks easily. Too fragile body too.
It's users experience that determines what to opt for o
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by tdjubemi(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2018
ElvisMcCoy:

My brother, just a few of us know about specs. A lot of us prefer names. But me, it is Xiaomi, LeEco, Bluboo and co all the way. Look at the CPU Helio P25, far better than what most of our Infinix are using.

I dey tell you. If I tell person say I wan buy Bluboo or Nubia for example, dem go say, "why you like strange names?"
Re: Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) by ubev01(m): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2018
Ukalejohn:
;Dplease how can I get this Xiami redmi note 5pro its not on jumia or Ali express and e no dey market, please any idea?
you didn't see it on Jumia or aliexpress because you typed the wrong name. Its xiaomi redmi note 5. The note 5 pro you typed is Indian exclusive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14 Images You’ll Relate To If You’ve Ever Been To Computer Village / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans / I Can't View My Wife's Whatsapp Status Post.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.