Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police (760 Views)

GMB: Aisha Buhari Accused Of Mocking Husband Over Snatch Ballot Boxes Comment / PDP Reacts As Buhari Says Snatch Ballot Box, Pay With Your Life / Snatch Ballot Box, Pay With Your Life, Buhari Declares ON February 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Yarnvibes(f): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2018
Today, 667,064 eligible voters who have collected their PVCs out of 913, 334 registered voters are expected to file out across the 2,195 polling units spread across 177 wards in 16 local government areas of Ekiti State to elect a governor who would be saddled with the mandate of running the state for the next four years.

35 governorship candidates from different political parties are jostling to occupy the governorship seat.

Adequate security has been assured as no fewer than 4, 390 combined forces of soldiers and other paramilitary personnel will be deployed to complement the 30,000 policemen who have been drafted to Ekiti to monitor the election.

The atmosphere in the Ekiti election week has been charged, anxiety is beginning to set in, the fear of the unknown is palpable, intrigues, permutation, alignment and realignment of political friends and foes are becoming very noticeable. Interest, the determinant factor is beginning to take the front burner.

Gone were the days when political office holders of different categories from the governor to the chairman of local government area would come to the polling booth with their security details. Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Operations, Mr. Habilal Joshak, told the gladiators that all their security details would be withdrawn from them from the eve of the election till after the election.

According to the Deputy Inspector of police, who has been put in charge of the security affairs for the July 14 election, this would add to the credibility of the Ekiti governorship election.

The police boss said, “We won’t allow anybody to go to the polling booth with armed men, this is a breach of the Electoral Act.

“We have contacted them and they have to be here before election commences. This election must not be compromised. They will be documented and whoever defies this will be sanctioned, because they have been contacted”, he warned.

“If you cast your votes, you can keep a distance and protect your votes, but if you snatch the ballot, we will cut off your hands, if you run with it, we will stop your legs.

“Our duty is to secure not only the electoral materials but also all the citizens. We are going to be professional and watchful, because we don’t want to be bedeviled with cases of hooliganism, ballot snatching and hate speeches before, during and after this election”, he said.

http://kikiotolu.com/ekiti-election-snatch-ballot-box-lose-your-hand-run-with-it-lose-your-legs-police/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi Ishilove

Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by dafeyankee: 7:01am On Jul 14, 2018
cheesy
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Danicomrade(m): 7:13am On Jul 14, 2018
lipsrsealed[/color][color=#000000]
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Bukolar1(f): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2018
hhahahaha... what about rig election, lose your life? �
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by smellingmenses: 7:28am On Jul 14, 2018
Bukolar1:
Rig and roast.
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:29am On Jul 14, 2018
I wonder how 2019 will be.
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Fuckyoumod: 7:32am On Jul 14, 2018
K
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by ashjay001(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2018
Eziokwugbaoto:
I wonder how 2019 will be.

I don't get u? Is ds wrong?

Protecting d votes? Not caring d party? I will love to see d Rivers result, under this kind of martial law
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:45am On Jul 14, 2018
ashjay001:

I don't get u? Is ds wrong?

Protecting d votes? Not caring d party? I will love to see d Rivers result, under this kind of martial law
Not wrong at all. If a gubernatorial election could attract such penalty I wonder what penalty the 2019 general election would attract.
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by ashjay001(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2018
Eziokwugbaoto:

Not wrong at all. If a gubernatorial election could attract such penalty I wonder what penalty the 2019 general election would attract.

Let d pples votes count! That's all we ask for. The next solution, should be for inducement. Vote buying should be abolished

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Hedonisst: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2018
Let them keep deceiving themselves. Rigging these days no longer involves outdated ballot box snatching for the most part. What they do is substitution of the voter register, manipulation of the collated results, etc. That's where they should focus on.
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by seanfer(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2018
In River's State what they do here is wait for Accreditation to know the Exact numbers of people are eligible to vote at that polling Unit, Then they take the result sheet and allocate numbers as the spirit leads them... Both PDP and APC are guilty of this in Rivers State..
Re: Ekiti: Snatch Ballot Box, Lose Your Hand; Run With It, Lose Your Legs —police by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 14, 2018
Bukolar1:
I guess I know you

(1) (Reply)

Osun 2018: Aregbesola’s SSG Dumps APC / Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu / NAF Officer Breaks 20-year-old Military Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.