Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,937 members, 7,799,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office (30769 Views)

President Paul Biya Changes Military Formation In Cameroon / 89-Year-Old Paul Biya Of Cameroon Didn’t Know Where He Was, Farted In Public / Cameroon President Paul Biya Has The Most Luxurious Presidential Car In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by RaptorX: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2018
omojeesu:
France is fully behind him. He's their good puppet and channel of exploitation of Cameron and her people. When they are tired of him they will get rid of him and install another puttet in waiting.

This is generally the way of France in her colonies. The sense in their post-colonial neo-colonialist policy of Assimilation.
I believe they are tired of him already hence the insurgency breaking out in the English speaking Western part of Cameroon.
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 14, 2018
14Ebiscoo:
Cameroon President, Paul Biya has announced his intention to run for re-election.

Biya explained that he wants to contest again because the people urged him to do so.

“I am willing to respond positively to your overwhelming calls. I will stand as your candidate in the upcoming presidential election,” Biya said in a tweet on Friday.

The October 7 election comes amid separatist insurgency in the western English-speaking regions and dwindling economy.

Biya scrapped the Central African country’s term limits from the constitution in 2008.

He came to power in 1982 when his predecessor retired and a seventh term in office could see the 85-year-old rule into his 90s.

Only Equatorial Guinea’s President, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo has ruled uninterrupted for a longer period.

Former Zimbabwe President, Robert Mugabe (1980 – 2017) and Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh (1994 – 2017) were ousted in 2017.

READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/cameroon-why-im-seeking-seventh-term-in.html

It is in this order: My Top 5 sit-tight African leaders:

1]Teodoro Obiang Nguema-Mbasogo-1979-date. Overthrew his uncle,Macias Nguema[1968-1979] in a 1979 coup after the old guy became paranoid and lost grip of power. LIKELY SUCCESSOR: his son,Teodorin Nguema-Nbasogo,who is currently V.P.,Minister of defence and everything else.

2]Paul Biya[1982-date]: Well. You know his story. Succeeded independence leader,Alh. Ahmadou Ahidjo[1960-1982] in 1982. At the time of handing over,he was Ahidjo's protégé but both men would later go on to fall out with each other under acrimonious circumstances with Biya chasing Ahidjo into exile and eliminating the latter's supporters. LIKELY SUCCESSOR? Not yet certain.

3]Yuweri K. Museveni[Since 1986]: Ex-student radical activist,ex-rebel,ex-warlord. Everything. Came to power after a staging a long but successful revolt in 1986. Strong man is still going strong in Uganda having bullied his most vocal critic cum oppositions out of town. Likely successor is not yet clear. Has declared intention to keep going.

4]Omar al Bashir[1989-date]: Came to power after a coup thrust him into control of then-war-torn Sudan. Has been in control ever since. Wanted by the ICC too for 'crimes committed in Darfur'.

5]Isaias Afwerki[depends on who you ask:1990/1993 till date]: Afwerki is Eritrea's strong-man and he has run the one-party States since the early 1990s when the country broke away from Ethiopia after a protracted conflict that lasted from the 60s to the 1990s.

I love Africa smiley smiley smiley
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by andycom(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2018
post=69365967:

Andrew.
You better be very careful with the rubbish you type online.
Owerri is only 15 mins away.
Becareful

just negodu this slowpoke, you think i hide my identity? thunder fire you idiot. come to Owerri and I'll spell your name on your face idiot.
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Tolexander: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2018
EMINIBLAIT:

you that had so many presidents ..how are you guys better
The last time I checked, Cameroon wasn't on the same level of development with Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Abimbola94: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You are Ignoring your destiny in Jesus Name
MAY YOU RETRIEVE YOUR STOLEN SENSE IJN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by SalamRushdie: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2018
Iziquiel:

This just confirmed that you're kiddo. I don't get it, you're cursing someone because he has a different view from yours. That shows how low you're mentally. Must we all share the same views on issues? If you so hate PMB then wait till the elections, it's just a few months away instead of insulting people. Buhari remains your President till May 29, 2019 so live with it or relocate to a neighbouring country. There's also another option, I know you know what it is and I sincerely recommend it for you so it would put a stop to your agony.

Oga where is the curse , you don't even know if means Mannagrill are posting from the same place...loosen up man , everything is not what it seems
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by lexy2014: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2018
Tolexander:
Me no understand how Cameronians be!

Since independence, January 1, 1960, till date, they've only had two presidents.
yes its common in most of d francophone countries because these long term presidents protect d interests of France in their countries as a means guaranteeing their longevity
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by koboko69: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Bunch of hypocrites.

You ignored him but yet you responded back... How "smart" are you?

You support an 85 yes old man to run for office, yet you insult his counterpart in Cameroon...

If this is how you reason, hope you can remember your BBQ ingredients properly?

SalamRushdie:

Yet you are part of those supporting an 85 year old senile and incoherent man to go for relection even though it's glaring he has absolutely nothing to offer .

Buhari's age according to available records is not 85.
The bone of contention here is a man running for the 7th term. Constitutionally President Buhari has the right to contest for 2nd term and he will weather u cry or not.They are 2 different things. U guys should at least wail with sense when u want to.
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by SalamRushdie: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
Pataricatering:
did you read he was going for his 8 th term ? Buhari has nothing to offer you - that’s fine - I feel he has a lot to offer and he is not refectory within his rights and the constitution to seek a 2nd term ! You know what to do if you don’t like it !

Are you aware the the cmerounian constitution allows for 8 terms ?
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Sarkin: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

ipob and pdp touts are violent, vulgar and useless terrorists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by SalamRushdie: 11:14am On Jul 14, 2018
koboko69:

Buhari's age according to available records is not 85.
The bone of contention here is a man running for the 7th term. Constitutionally President Buhari has the right to contest for 2nd term and he will weather u cry or not.They are 2 different things. U guys should at least wail with sense when u want to.

Cameroonian constitution allows up to 8 terms so Biya has the constitutional right to contest again ..
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by SalamRushdie: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018
Abimbola94:
MAY YOU RETRIEVE YOUR STOLEN SENSE IJN.

Amen Sir grin cheesy
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Sarkin: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

He keeps using his alternate to like his own post...

Lol... Lazy dude...

Using BBQ signature as cover up to collect 30k from BMC...

Just like Sarkki said he's a farmer... cheesy

#spits
a rabid pdp cow is on the lose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by els0nm0rali(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
mansakhalifa:
Biya has backing. Firm,solid backing. Bigger than all of Cameroun's tribes put together. That 'backing' is called Paris. France-ex-colonial master. And as long as he serves their purpose,he can stay forever. And he has perfected the art of keeping the powers in France happy. Something his predecessor,Ahmadou Ahidjo wasn't able to do for so long and he was secretly asked to hand over to Biya by the powers that run France in 1982.

Same power that assures that the likes of Ali Bongo of Gabon,Sassou-Nguesso of Congo Republic and Gnassingbé of Togo remain in power.

The 'tribes' can make noise all they want but 'Franc-Afrique' must remain intact for France's benefits.

Remember,the Central African region is a stupendously wealthy part of 'Afrique',as the French call it.

Oh I know that very well. France still has a hand in the pie of some African francophone countries. That's why I hate the French. Unlike their English counterparts that gave their former colonies a free hand to run their own affairs, France has brazenly continued to rule by African proxies. Cameroon and Ivory coast come to mind.

1 Like

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by SalamRushdie: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
GavelSlam:

You've started again.

Haba
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Sarkin:
a rabid pdp cow is on the lose
We ignore the wailers most times jor.
They are not worth conversing with.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:19am On Jul 14, 2018
Sarkin:
ipob and pdp touts are violent, vulgar and useless terrorists.
That is there characteristics, more of the reason it will be a waste of time replying them.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 14, 2018
RaptorX:
I believe they are tired of him already hence the insurgency breaking out in the English speaking Western part of Cameroon.

The insurgency in Anglophone Cameroon has nothing to do with Biya's unbridled political ambitions; it has more to do with an unwholesome colonial legacy that has seen the country polarized along linguistic lines which has deteriorated to the unrest we are witnessing today in Cameroon.
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Sarkin: 11:19am On Jul 14, 2018
post=69367350:

That is there characteristics, more of the reason it will be a waste of time replying them.
you're right bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Oga where is the curse , you don't even know if means Mannagrill are posting from the same place...loosen up man , everything is not what it seems

You and who mofo?!
Guess you are sick and damn for life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 14, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Oh I know that very well. France still has a hand in the pie of some African francophone countries. That's why I hate the French. Unlike their English counterparts that gave their former colonies a free hand to run their own affairs, France has brazenly continued to rule by African proxies. Cameroon and Ivory coast come to mind.
Did Britain really give a free hand to its former colonies

To me,they simply adopted a different approach from that of the French.

Both are doing the same thing in different ways.

I would agree with you to the point that the French are a bit more direct,reckless,brutish and bullish in keeping their ex-colonies under firm control.

1 Like

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Cameroonian constitution allows up to 8 terms so Biya has the constitutional right to contest again ..

Was that the case at independence or even a few years back??

Biya simply gave himself that 'right' because he wanted to cling to power for good.

Typical African-style politics. Uncle Bob did it before he was booted out. Al Bashir has done it,Nguema,Museveni and others have also employed that simple trick.

You don't let a man stay that long in power.

1 Like

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by SalamRushdie: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2018
post=69367409:

You and who mofo?!
Guess you are sick and damn for life.

Easy bro ...One love ..let peace reign Sir....lets not let that failure Buhari put a wedge in our friendship okay
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Malawian(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Bunch of hypocrites.

You ignored him but yet you responded back... How "smart" are you?

You support an 85 yes old man to run for office, yet you insult his counterpart in Cameroon...

If this is how you reason, hope you can remember your BBQ ingredients properly?

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by LZAA: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Yet you are part of those supporting an 85 year old senile and incoherent man to go for relection even though it's glaring he has absolutely nothing to offer .

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by EMINIBLAIT(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2018
Tolexander:
The last time I checked, Cameroon wasn't on the same level of development with Nigeria!

Yinmu !!!
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Sirmuel1(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I swear, you too funny grin

1 Like

Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by els0nm0rali(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2018
mansakhalifa:
Did Britain really give a free hand to its former colonies

To me,they simply adopted a different approach from that of the French.

Both are doing the same thing in different ways.

I would agree with you to the point that the French are a bit more direct,reckless,brutish and bullish in keeping their ex-colonies under firm control.

What the British did was to configure Nigeria in such a way that by it will always have ethnic and regional problems. They don't have control over the happenings in Nigeria, but if you're talking of the US of A, then yes I'll agree.
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 14, 2018
post=69363361:
African leaders and siddon for life mentality.

And yet u are actively supporting an 80 year old fossil to come back n rule Nigeria again in 2019.

Ekpenta gbuo gi
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Okay, you can like your own post as the next step. cheesy

Ignored and you replied my mention... You must be as intelligent as Sarkki. cheesy

Where in Ekitti do you reside?

It is always 1 likes and 2 shares you always get... cheesy... You can make it 2 likes.

That guy uses sarriki modus operandi
Re: Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
Tolexander:
Me no understand how Cameronians be!

Since independence, January 1, 1960, till date, they've only had two presidents.
It usually happens in countries with one big ethnic group n smaller multiple ethnic groups.

the minorities usually can't challenge for power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth For Burial September 19, Royal Family Releases Funeral Program / "Presumed Assassins" Of President Jovenel Moise Arrested In Haiti / Taliban Tell Russia And Ukraine To Resolve The Crisis Through Peaceful Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.