Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching (58856 Views)

Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video) / COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company / 10m-Long Python Runover By Car Rescued In Indonesia (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by hopefulLandlord: 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
OsuMustGo:
I just know. God is cause and effect. You don't need anyone to tell you that.
Oga, go and sleep
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by chiedu7: 12:21am On Jul 15, 2018
Albert0011:
Don't say what u can't back up with concrete evidence.

Everybody knows the biblical story of David Killing Goliath.

In the Jehovah Witness Bible they say that someone else killed Goliath.

This proves that the Jehovah witness bible is not of God,
and means that all Jehovah Witnesses are hell bound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlQcS6-M0o
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Rbae: 8:02am On Jul 15, 2018
Eyah... This is so sad
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Horus(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2018
Where was Jesus to protect them?
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Artistree: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Greatzeus:
Lies, JW don't preach on the road from my experience. They either give you books or come to your house or shop.
You will be surprised this accident has nothing to do with Jehovah witness,fear bloggers.
The article didn't mention that they were preaching on the road...they come to your house ba? Won't they pass through the road before coming to your house? Or do they fly from their own houses to yours? Jehovah's Witness do street witnessing if you must know so it is not all the time they come knocking on your door,ok?
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by riczy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
Jn 5:28&29 is a certain hope
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Slimsly100(f): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
Greatzeus:
Lies, JW don't preach on the road from my experience. They either give you books or come to your house or shop.
You will be surprised this accident has nothing to do with Jehovah witness,fear bloggers.

Dem go fly come ya house come preach abi, dem nor go waka come? Abi na bush dem go follow waka nor be road? cry

1 Like

Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by YardleyR: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
chiedu7:

Everybody knows the biblical story of David Killing Goliath.

In the Jehovah Witness Bible they say that someone else killed Goliath.

This proves that the Jehovah witness bible is not of God,
and means that all Jehovah Witnesses are hell bound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlQcS6-M0o

The Hebrew literal translation of the Hebrew Interlinear Bible of the Westminster Leningrad Codex with vowels of 2 Samuel 21:19 says,

"And·she-is-becoming further the·battle in·Gob with Philistines and·he-is-smiting Elhanan son-of Jaare~Oregim Beth~the-Lehemite » Goliath the·Gittite and·wood-of spear-of·him as·cylinder-of ones-weaving".

The New World Translation translated it very literally in this aspect of wording.
So the way to understand the verse meaning is as they suggest using the Bible itself to explain its verses' meaning.
The reference to which the word Goliath corresponds to explains to whom it was referring to. (1 Chronicles 20:5)
"And there came to be war again with the Phi·lisʹtines; and El·haʹnan the son of Jaʹir got to strike down Lahʹmi the brother of Go·liʹath the Gitʹtite, the shaft of whose spear was like the beam of loom workers."

A Hebrew - English Bible: According to the Masoretic Text and the JPS 1917 Edition of 2 Samuel 21:19 again says:
"And there was again war with the Philistines at Gob; and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Beth-lehemite slew Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam."

Various codex/interlineal-based Bibles leave it as "Goliath".

Add to that knowledge the confirmation of the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (which was not edited by Jehovah's Witnesses either), the note about Goliath says:
<<(2) "The Goliath of 2 Samuel 21:19 is another person, and quite probably a son of the first Goliath. He was slain by Elhanan, one of David's mighty men. The person mentioned in 1 Chronicles 20:5 is called Lachmi, but this is almost certainly due to a corruption of the text. "The brother of Goliath" is the younger Goliath and probably a son of the greater Goliath, who had four sons, giants, one of them having 24 fingers and toes".>>

Therefore there is no need to worry about using the New World Translation, the only thing you need is to read the marginal reference . and not simply slander Jehovah's Witnesses, as you so much desired.

So now really, you have simply proven to us that the New World Translation Committee has done right in not adding the words "brother of" Goliath. So in fact they are not being condemned by God according to Revelation.
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Greatzeus(m): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
Slimsly100:

Dem go fly come ya house come preach abi, dem nor go waka come? Abi na bush dem go follow waka nor be road? cry
grin lol
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by YardleyR: 3:40am On Jul 16, 2018
Horus:
Where was Jesus to protect them?

Something similar was said in the Bible of Jesus Christ.
Luke 23:35, The rulers were sneering and saying: “Others he saved; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God.
Luke 23:39, Then one of the criminals hanging there began to speak abusively to him, saying: “You are the Christ, are you not? Save yourself and us too!”

Lesson: There will always be people criticizing.
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by YardleyR: 4:25am On Jul 16, 2018
Evince:

Am not a dogmatic person I go by fact not magic. All the God story have no basis and are lies. If u hv proof show me. All that u guys claim God this God that are lies and pretence to make us believe.

hopefulLandlord:

fear of Yahweh is the beginning of foolishness and stupidity. an African should not fear Jewish mythical gods

In Isaiah, Jehovah prophesied Babylon would become ruin 200 years before it did, said the name of the Persian conqueror, and how he would overtake it.
That is not the only prophesy; deep study into the Bible reveals the prophesies fulfillments up to this day.

Every human no matter the color of skin can have godly fear of Jehovah (Yahweh) who is only one God, the creator of the heavens and earth and of those on it. "To us there is but one God, the Father [Jehovah]"--1 Corinthians 8:6.
He teaches us to benefit from life, therefore, it is the smartest thing to pay attention to his advice, suggestions and laws.
"“I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk."- Isaiah 48:17
"“See, I do put before you today life and good, and death and bad. If you listen to the commandments of Jehovah your God that I am commanding you today, by loving Jehovah your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his judicial decisions, then you will live ... and Jehovah your God will bless you.
I take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the curse; and
you must choose life so that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice, and by sticking to him, for he is your life and by him you will endure a long time.
- Deuteronomy
Some Egyptians, some Babylonians, and just as the Biblical history of Ruth and foreigners to the Jews as the Greeks were, thousands of people of different races are become worshipers of Jehovah, who is the God of mankind and the Universe.
In reply to Satan the Devil, "Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service."- Luke 4:8 -- There was no Jewish gods to be worshiped.
Jehovah has promised faithful Christians of all races to enter through the Armageddon and have the whole earth and share it with the resurrected ones as these who died while sharing the hope had the promise guaranteed even now.
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 16, 2018
YardleyR:

In Isaiah, Jehovah prophesied Babylon would become ruin 200 years before it did, said the name of the Persian conqueror, and how he would overtake it.
That is not the only prophesy; deep study into the Bible reveals the prophesies fulfillments up to this day.

Every human no matter the color of skin can have godly fear of Jehovah (Yahweh) who is only one God, the creator of the heavens and earth and of those on it. "To us there is but one God, the Father [Jehovah]"--1 Corinthians 8:6.
He teaches us to benefit from life, therefore, it is the smartest thing to pay attention to his advice, suggestions and laws.
"“I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk."- Isaiah 48:17
"“See, I do put before you today life and good, and death and bad. If you listen to the commandments of Jehovah your God that I am commanding you today, by loving Jehovah your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his judicial decisions, then you will live ... and Jehovah your God will bless you.
I take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the curse; and
you must choose life so that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice, and by sticking to him, for he is your life and by him you will endure a long time.
- Deuteronomy
Some Egyptians, some Babylonians, and just as the Biblical history of Ruth and foreigners to the Jews as the Greeks were, thousands of people of different races are become worshipers of Jehovah, who is the God of mankind and the Universe.
In reply to Satan the Devil, "Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service."- Luke 4:8 -- There was no Jewish gods to be worshiped.
Jehovah has promised faithful Christians of all races to enter through the Armageddon and have the whole earth and share it with the resurrected ones as these who died while sharing the hope had the promise guaranteed even now.
A Jehovah witness sighted
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Paradise163(f): 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
I saw this topic some days back and scanned through

Never knew it was my very own Andrew Ubelejit that was one of the victim �

May Jehovah remember the zeal he had for the ministry

It could have been just any one
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by YardleyR: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2018
kelvinrhs:

A Jehovah witness sighted
Proud of Witnessing about the Universal Sovereign Jehovah Almighty God.
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Evince(m): 9:42am On Jul 18, 2018
OsuMustGo:

My guy, please be reasonable. Deep down in you, do you believe that every thing in existence cameby by chance?
EVERY EFFECT HAS A CAUSE...

Which is the cause which is the effect

U hv only imagination to tell me which is no fact. Time u start using ur sense not myth
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Evince(m): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2018
YardleyR:

- Deuteronomy

If I ask u now where u there whn d stupid imaginations were written
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Evince(m): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2018
OsuMustGo:

ode nie

This myth of God nonsense was Jewish myth. How did their tradition bcm ur own God
Re: 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2018
YardleyR:
Proud of Witnessing about the Universal Sovereign Jehovah Almighty God.
I can see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is Flooded Nkpolu Rumuigbo In Port Harcourt Not Atlantic Ocean. / Adzuayi Ewuga’s, 11 Others Die In Plane Crash In Cameroon (Photo) / Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.