Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Dogs: A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dogs: A Short Story (1709 Views)

The King, His Minister And His Dogs - A Short Inspirational Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogs: A Short Story by Orikinla(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
DOGS

He knew why she was all over him as he was washing his clothes outside his flat.
“Tomorrow is my birthday,” Habibatu said lovingly with a smile and glints in her small brown eyes and playfully punched his bare chest.
He seized her hand and swung her around. She lost her balance and wanted to fall on him, but he preferred to hold her. She would have loved him to kiss her.
“What of Ben?” He asked her.
She did not reply.
Ben was her first boyfriend. In fact he deflowered her when she was 19.
She would be 21 tomorrow.
Habibatu seemed to be flirting with him to lure him into a relationship.
She had visited him twice in the night. But he did not even kiss her.

(THE SHORT STORY WILL CONTINUE AS MUCH AS TIME PERMITS ME.)
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by angelempy(f): 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
@ Orikinla, ur story is captivating despite how short it is.
Wow, please finish the story
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by slap1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2010
angel_empy:

@ Orikinla, your story is captivating despite how short it is.
Wow, please finish the story
Hmmm, too early to employ that word. An interesting start, I'd say.
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by Orikinla(m): 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2010
Too much work to do in Lagos that I do not have enough time to concentrate and write well.

Dogs is fictionalized accounts of true life relationships of people I know.

DOGS.

He did not send Habibatu any birthday greetings, because she did not remember his own birthday last February.
She had come to see him before his birthday and asked for some lump sum of money. He refused to give her even one kobo. She left in annoyance and kept away for about two months before she returned. But she found him in the company of other young women who were older and bigger than her. They were big girls in the estate. They humbled her. He did not introduce her to them and she did not worry about it.
"Stan, when should I come back?"
"Come back? For what?"
"You promised to give me money for a new hairdo and my photo session."
"Oh, sorry. I have forgotten."
She regarded him in an unfriendly way to show that she was disappointed.
He seemed not to be bothered as he was more interested in the company of the bigger young women and what he was doing on his PC.
"Let me show you my girlfriend," Stan enthused.and quickly opened a new window as he was browsing.
He showed her the picture of a pretty young woman on a beauty website.
"That's my sweetheart," he said.
She looked at the pretty face for a while and sighed.
"I'm leaving," Habibatu said plaintively.
"Okay, " he said.
She left and he did not even rise from his armchair to see her to the door.
The ladies with him glanced at her and continued with their conversation.
Stan smirked and turned his attention on the ladies.
"As I was saying, "
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by ashiwaju11(m): 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2011
Gorgeous 4 months old White & Fawn American Bull Dog (Female) For Sale!
Big, Strong and beautiful female ABD from South Africa for sale.

She is innoculated and dewormed. Please send an email to; info@nairapaws.com.ng if interested.
American Bull dogs are very Athletic, make great companions and are Excellent Guard dogs. They are known for their acts of heroism, and their love for children.

We import several breeds of dogs. Send us an email and we will be glad to advise you on the best breed that suits your family as a pet or for your specific breeding purpose.
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by WhyAWhy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
ashiwaju11:

She is innoculated and dewormed. Please send an email to; info@nairapaws.com.ng if interested.
American Bull dogs are very Athletic, make great companions and are Excellent Guard dogs. They are known for their acts of heroism, and their love for children.

We import several breeds of dogs. Send us an email and we will be glad to advise you on the best breed that suits your family as a pet or for your specific breeding purpose.

kai, see as this one just enter come spoil story cos she see say na dog dem de yearn
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by kay9(m): 10:19am On Jul 06, 2011
ashiwaju11:

Seriously??
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by nanaboi(m): 10:30am On Jul 06, 2011
C'mon folks, every gud show goes on commercial break. So cut the dog seller some slack. I mean, where better to put a dog sales ad than on a dog story page by Nairaland pen celeb, Orikinla?
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by ashiwaju11(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2011
nanaboi:

C'mon folks, every gud show goes on commercial break. So cut the dog seller some slack. I mean, where better to put a dog sales ad than on a dog story page by Nairaland pen celeb, Orikinla?

Nanaboi, pls tell them'. Its all about spicing up the page, so the readers can have a break and relax while the writer gets a new content Up. I love the story myself. Its a masterpiece!!.

Don't forget, if you need standard, pedigree dogs, dont forget to get across to info@nairapaws.com.ng

Ciao & enjoy the story!
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by nanaboi(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2011
Ok nw u got me lmao, Ashiwaju
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by Orikinla(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2011
I forgot about this short story and completed a book with a similar title and will be released before the end of this year.
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by lovala(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
Na wao!!!!!!! Wetin come happen wit d torey nah? Ah, just whet person appetite den come dabaru d whole tin. Abeg, nak us torey!!!!!
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by firestar(f): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2012
(Are you for real?) You're teasing!
gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Dogs: A Short Story by lovala(m): 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
Wetin b all this nah? abeg, ol' boy kuku come finish dat ya torey o. abi u b teaser bull?

(1) (Reply)

Please Read This:hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani / Are You Familiar With This Word? Floccinaucinihilipilification / Church Rats: written by XBLym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.